Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

:NONO:

Won the ball countless times, won plenty of headers, always looking the ball.

I'd keep Kuyt as a squad player, but yes Matherto he does lack things that you need in his postition at the top level.

But how can you honestly say he didn't put 100000% in today for this club?

I honestly thought he was good in attack as well today. Cut in really nice, and kept possession.

Keep him as a utility player next season.

yes, but we earnt the penalty by Babel's pace running Arsenals' tired legs ragged.

Gerrard cool as fuck!

Cool as fuck indeed! I really thought he would bottle it. Never had so many range of emotions within 5 minutes!

I love this club! :EASY:

Yes surely Liverpool won because of that penalty. that got the morale of Arsenal completely down. And then Babel's goal, noone was interested whether it would go in or out because Liverpool had already won. Just that 1 penalty got you guys through Semi-finals or else we would be the ones.

Good good match!! Amazing Match!! Was watching this match as it was being televised in my hostel!! With my slow connection thought would watch some match and wasn't disappointed at all!! Well played Gunners and you a lot to look forward to next season!! Walcott my god amazing run (p.s. is C.Ronaldo anything compared to this kid?? I don't think so!! This kid would be phenomenon by the time he's 23!! just my two cents), Sagna thoroughly missed in todays clash would have been good to watch him play and Toure & Gallas as CB!! And of course Rosicky back next season will make you guys a very good squad!!
Liverpool man oh man!! what a way to show the world you guys are still there to win Trophies whether or not your form shows likewise in Premier League!! Babel wow in a word!! He's one for the future!! The way he ran!! Similar speed to Walcott and good finishing too!!
Overall loved the game and also glad Chelsea through to the Semi's and yet another Liverpool-Chelsea match!!

well enough crying and moaning about it. for once im gunna be a man and say well done to liverpool for playing well and best of luck for the remaining of the competition. at least arsenal tried there best and gave it there absolute all so i am kind of proud of my team. had we gone to a similar way in teh carling cup and fa cup i would definetly be upset.

i say roll on manu this sunday, beat them and where back in the title race.

once again congratulations liverpool. you played your hearts out.

Fair play mate, cheers. Arsenal were great over the two legs and I'd have rather gone out to you than any other team we've faced (and might face yet) ;))

Congrats guys, Torres is playing out of this world right now isnt he? No penalty though ;)

I'm really pleased you guys won it. I've really never been a fan of Liverpool tbh, but ever since you guys beat us in Istanbul (yup still hurts) I've always kept an eye on you guys. Also coz Suffwan, big boss of WENB, is a huge Liverpool fan I never hear the end of them!

But in Champions League you guys are another level. Benitez has you guys performing with such authority and belief in Europe, it sort of reminds me of how Milan step out on the pitch when playing in CL (not this year ofcourse!). Being winners in Europe is a heritage, and Liverpool have that in abundance. I really hope you make it no.6 this year.

congratulations to liverpool.ı thought arsenal will go through before the match but liverpool took their place in semi finals with great score.good luck against chelsea

Good good match!! Amazing Match!! Was watching this match as it was being televised in my hostel!! With my slow connection thought would watch some match and wasn't disappointed at all!! Well played Gunners and you a lot to look forward to next season!! Walcott my god amazing run (p.s. is C.Ronaldo anything compared to this kid?? I don't think so!! This kid would be phenomenon by the time he's 23!! just my two cents), Sagna thoroughly missed in todays clash would have been good to watch him play and Toure & Gallas as CB!! And of course Rosicky back next season will make you guys a very good squad!!
Liverpool man oh man!! what a way to show the world you guys are still there to win Trophies whether or not your form shows likewise in Premier League!! Babel wow in a word!! He's one for the future!! The way he ran!! Similar speed to Walcott and good finishing too!!
Overall loved the game and also glad Chelsea through to the Semi's and yet another Liverpool-Chelsea match!!

:LOL: No doubt it was a great moment but until he scores 37 goals a season(and still counting) he won't be compared to Ronnie, but he's still an amazing talent i have to admit.

80564868.jpg

The NEXT BIG THING for Liverpool!

He has been shite all season.

He scores a goal against a very tired Fabregas, and he is now a world beater :BLINK:

someone once said - if you try to interfere with the wheel of time, history will break your fingers.

he was right.

edit : lovely scenes Peter!! Thanks for the post! Night's made up for me. No sleep tonight :)

Last edited:

He has been shite all season.

He scores a goal against a very tired Fabregas, and he is now a world beater :BLINK:

Shite? He's a bit better than the likes of Osman, Pienaar and Fernandes mate ;)

What's with all the negativity against us? Is it just me or whenever we win, the thread gets flooded with people trying to say we haven't won the league, we play shit football, we got lucky and/or X player is shit?

Madness. You'd think we bought our way to success or something? What reason has everyone got to keep throwing digs our way? Chelsea practically bought their league success and nobody bats an eyelid at them?

Dags mate, just a bunch of kids running about. Nothing to worry :)

2 words. WE WON.

Quote from: alonsoisared on Today at 10:45:58 PM

Dirk Kuyt may appear to have the footballing ability of a donkey but fuck me i love him as much as Torres tonight. I LOVE YOU YOU UGLY DUTCH HARDWORKING BASTARD

from RAWK

Sums it up for me.:w00t:

Yeah, we made it. I was genuinely worried though. Credit to Arsenal. They played some terrific stuff in the first half. They were giving us the run around to be quite honest.

A lot of people were calling for Crouch to start because of his good previous performances against Arsenal (scoring in the league game at the Emirates and his hat-trick against the Gunners at Anfield last season) and Rafa changed the settled formation with the inclusion of Crouch and that didn't look good at all especially in the first period. I thought it could cost us.

Arsenal were tearing us apart with their slick passing and our 4-4-2 formation helped them because we were short in numbers in the middle.

Gerrard couldn't be at his influential best from the left. He doesn't like playing there. He's wasted there quite frankly.

Hopefully Rafa will revert to 4-5-1 because it's served us well.

Chelsea next up. Imagine beating Arsenal in the quarters, Chelsea in the semis and Utd in the final. How great would that be? Wow! 1/3 of the way there!

Great great .. great win lads! :)

Deserved credit? There will always be somebody that doesn't give us that enough, but we just keep proving them wrong. Surely, Champions are not made by luck alone?

And I wouldn't be thinking ahead of Chelsea, with Cudicini and possibly Cech out, hopefully it'll be a little easier for us.

Kuyt MOTM, Torres and Babel a close second.

Those last view minutes had my heart racing, jsus! They had only just stopped showing the replay of the goal and celebrations and the penalty was given at the other end :D

Amazing run by walcott, aurelio tried to rugby tackle him at the halfwayline but he kept going. Ridiculous, 4 v 1 at the back. But you could see Liverpool were desparate for the 2 goal advantage to secure the tie.

Next up Chelsea, shame the 2nd leg is at their place.

Think Crouch pretty much settled his future away from Liverpool for next season, not because of his performance, but because the whole team was out of balance and lacked any coherence. 4-2-3-1 is defintely the best. And that means very few games for him.

good win reds, thought it was a good match, to be honest tho gerrard and torres played very poor. gerrard should play in the centre end of. torres scored a vital goal but he was poor bar that, reminds me of what someone said about yakubu and apparently hes shite. was funny that pepe was at fault for their goal when he is "one of the best keepers in the world", he was poor last night also, distribution was terrible.

on aresenal, they played well in spells but they needed to use so much energy and burnt out too quick, amazing for athletes getting paid millions a year. fab had a decent game but nothing near his best, they had plenty of chances to win it but liverpool defence held firm.

chelsea next up, pedicting liverpool win.

Great match, congrats,personally i felt you deserved to win that match, first one probably not so much but there you go ;) Thought the fans were amazing, kept having to turn the damn tv down...just doesn't happen much at OT some days...sniff....

Cracking finish from Torres, but as all he did was score a goal and was poor the rest of the time, I expect him to be tagged a big game bottler like Ronaldo. :p

Oh and Walcott is very fast. Anyone who doesn't realise this is an idiot. Am I the only one not that impressed? I mean, kick the ball past tired legs and run? He did well but someone shoudl have taken him down properly, can you imagine Gattuso letting him past...
Comparing him to Ronaldo. That's like comparing Bendter to Buffon after his wonder save in the first leg...

1. Funny how we beat Arsenal while Gerrard and Torres were poor. Are we no longer a 1/2 man team then?

2. I never said Yakubu was shite, but he wasn't a top striker. Arsenal cut off the supply to Torres and he was restricted. He gets half a chance and bangs in a great goal. How many goals in his first season now? 30? FIRST season? Totally different style of play and much more physical?

3. Reina definately seems to be suffering from a confidence issue since the United game. Yes, he is definately one of the best keepers in the world. Form is temporary, class is permanent :)

Great match, congrats,personally i felt you deserved to win that match, first one probably not so much but there you go ;) Thought the fans were amazing, kept having to turn the damn tv down...just doesn't happen much at OT some days...sniff....

Cracking finish from Torres, but as all he did was score a goal and was poor the rest of the time, I expect him to be tagged a big game bottler like Ronaldo. :p

Oh and Walcott is very fast. Anyone who doesn't realise this is an idiot. Am I the only one not that impressed? I mean, kick the ball past tired legs and run? He did well but someone shoudl have taken him down properly, can you imagine Gattuso letting him past...
Comparing him to Ronaldo. That's like comparing Bendter to Buffon after his wonder save in the first leg...

We've all seen Walcott before, we're not as surprised about his speed :) The lad is quality, simple as. I was screaming at the TV for someone to bring him down :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom