Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Zonal system aint shitty, Skrtel just doesn't know what he's doing in it, but that is expected and will come with time.

Why the hell doesn't he play Crouch with Torres? I've said it time and time again. He couldve tried it for the last ten minutes but ohhh no.

And Voronin is just about the worst player I've ever seen play in a Liverpool shirt.

Plessis looks a decent prospect for the future though eh?

Last edited:

Considering Plessis' age, making his debut in such a high profile game against a class team, he looked VERY good. Looked like he'd been a regular for us and just slotted in nicely. Nice one mate :D

Oh, and why didn't Walcott get booked for having a go at the linesman? I'm sure he said something a bit worse than asking what's happening? :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Why the hell doesn't he play Crouch with Torres? I've said it time and time again. He couldve tried it for the last ten minutes but ohhh no.

And Voronin is just about the worst player I've ever seen play in a Liverpool shirt.

Plessis looks a decent prospect for the future though eh?

Well, Rafa is very, very stubborn. I think it's simple. He wants to play with just one striker. Playing 2 strikers means Gerrard in the center, and Rafa doesn't really like Gerrard there (neither do I). Gerrard is no longer a classic box-to-box CM, and doesn't have the discipline to play there any longer. So, he's been given a free role, which means space for just one striker, and neither Torres or Crouch can play on the wings (unlike Voronin or Kuyt). That's why I think Rafa doesn't play them together.

Voronin is right up there with Le Talentless, Cisse, Diao. He makes Riise look like a culture left back :LOL:

Plessis looked really well, in his debut, against one of the best CM partnerships around. Definitely one for the future, and if this is the blueprint of what can be expected from the reserves, then I am definitely excited. Obviously, no one will mention Plessis. If he had played for Arsenal, everyone would have been wanking over Wenger finding another youngster.

Would have taken a draw before the game, but now, I really wanted to win, looking at the game.

Well, Rafa is very, very stubborn. I think it's simple. He wants to play with just one striker. Playing 2 strikers means Gerrard in the center, and Rafa doesn't really like Gerrard there (neither do I). Gerrard is no longer a classic box-to-box CM, and doesn't have the discipline to play there any longer. So, he's been given a free role, which means space for just one striker, and neither Torres or Crouch can play on the wings (unlike Voronin or Kuyt). That's why I think Rafa doesn't play them together.

Rafa just baffles me sometimes, he creates his own problems with his horrible rotation policies and not playing Crouch because of this system is yet another thing I don't understand. I honestly think he's a better player than Torres, but if they played together, then you'd see the true talent Torres has because of Crouch's ability to bring balls down, or win them to knock on to someone.

And you honestly don't like Gerrard in the centre? It's still his best position IMO, and that way, he could play Mascherano behind and not have to play the useless Lucas, or inconsistent Alonso, etc.

I had to laugh at saying Voronin or Kuyt can play on the wings. I understand in the context of comparing to Torres or Crouch they can do it, but neither have pace to go past players and both are ultimately shockingly bad players.

Rafa just baffles me sometimes, he creates his own problems with his horrible rotation policies and not playing Crouch because of this system is yet another thing I don't understand. I honestly think he's a better player than Torres, but if they played together, then you'd see the true talent Torres has because of Crouch's ability to bring balls down, or win them to knock on to someone.

And you honestly don't like Gerrard in the centre? It's still his best position IMO, and that way, he could play Mascherano behind and not have to play the useless Lucas, or inconsistent Alonso, etc.

I had to laugh at saying Voronin or Kuyt can play on the wings. I understand in the context of comparing to Torres or Crouch they can do it, but neither have pace to go past players and both are ultimately shockingly bad players.

:LOL: for the things bolded.

Anyways, I think this system if perfect for the players we have. And I am not really I big fan of a Torres-Crouch partnership. Torres has always played as a lone striker, and he would have to change his game drastically to work with a target man.

And honestly, I don't think center is Gerrard's best position. I still feel he is best used on the right (where he won EPL Player of the Year as well). Gerrard IMO, doesn't have the position discipline to play in the center of midfield. And with Mascherano it's get even worse, as it results in a diamond type midfield, which leaves a huge hole in midfield for the other team to exploit, and also makes it difficult for the ball to move between defense and attack. This is also the reason why Capello is playing him in the exact same role.

Also, I don't think we use traditional wingers in this system anyways. We tend to use wide forwards, who attack the box. That's why we use Babel and Kuyt, who are both striker, being played wide.

I think Benitez is grooming, stay away Jaygrim!, the team to do what Manu are doing. Babel, Gerrard and another attacking midfielder / winger to back up Torres and be able to interchange and mix things up. Even Crouch can play really well in that system, as he did today. Gerrard isnt tactical enough to be one of the two CM in top match ups, he goes for the hollywoodball far too much and loses possesion far too much, whereas both alonso/lucas and masch keep it simple and in the team. Gerrard needs to be furthe up the field between the striker and the CM-ers.

Plessis looked great today, in the context of being a 20 year old on his debut against a pretty strong arse side looking to win. Kept it simple, won the ball and was solid throughout. Really good debut.

Arsenal were there for the taking today, Liverpool were easily the better team in teh 1st half, and int eh second arsenal, for all their possesion and pressure didnt create much again. Pennent made a stupid tackle to give the freekick away, wasnt needed with Finnan convering, dickhead!

Worrying though that Arsenal have scored twice in two games from set pieces though, skrtel better learn fast.

Not sure whether a draw or win would have been the better result with tuesday's match. Not sure whether this will spur Arsenal on, or whether it will get them down to again not be able to score the needed goal.

Last edited:

I don't blame Rafa for using Crouch less. He's found a formula and he's rotating less because of it and recent results have been very good.

Oh, and why didn't Walcott get booked for having a go at the linesman? I'm sure he said something a bit worse than asking what's happening? :roll:

take the red tints off mate, roland rat got sent off for a lot more ref bashing than asking whats happening.....:r1......:w00t:

I think Benitez is grooming, stay away Jaygrim!, the team to do what Manu are doing. Babel, Gerrard and another attacking midfielder / winger to back up Torres and be able to interchange and mix things up. Even Crouch can play really well in that system, as he did today. Gerrard isnt tactical enough to be one of the two CM in top match ups, he goes for the hollywoodball far too much and loses possesion far too much, whereas both alonso/lucas and masch keep it simple and in the team. Gerrard needs to be furthe up the field between the striker and the CM-ers.

Plessis looked great today, in the context of being a 20 year old on his debut against a pretty strong arse side looking to win. Kept it simple, won the ball and was solid throughout. Really good debut.

Arsenal were there for the taking today, Liverpool were easily the better team in teh 1st half, and int eh second arsenal, for all their possesion and pressure didnt create much again. Pennent made a stupid tackle to give the freekick away, wasnt needed with Finnan convering, dickhead!

Worrying though that Arsenal have scored twice in two games from set pieces though, skrtel better learn fast.

Not sure whether a draw or win would have been the better result with tuesday's match. Not sure whether this will spur Arsenal on, or whether it will get them down to again not be able to score the needed goal.

Excellent post. And apart from lacking tactical positioning, Gerrard cannot control the tempo and rhythm of the game. Instead of passing it around, and waiting, he will just try a 50 yard ball to a winger. We need Lucas or Xabi for that.

There's a reason even Capello doesn't play him in center midfield!

You still haven't answered my question B4L. Now that ihadnabinfor has been translated into simple langauge, you have no excuse.

I'm still trying to find a point in history where you were winning leagues for fun? Help?

FFS peter act your age for the love of god,...ANS..THAT.!..:DUMMY:

Last edited:

Acting your age B4L is backing up points made on a forum.

GO ON? elaborate if you must!! we won the title twice in three years in the 80`s..HEAR ME SHOUT PETER?

t-3.jpg

ALSO ...acting your age is having a reason to laugh at some one hence (hadnabinfor) has not been said by i or has any thing to do with me, back that up!!!

Last edited:

GO ON? elaborate if you must!! we won the title twice in three years in the 80`s..HEAR ME SHOUT PETER?

t-3.jpg

ALSO ...acting your age is having a reason to laugh at some one hence (hadnabinfor) has not been said by i or has any thing to do with me, back that up!!!

erm.

If it hadn't of been for the murdering redshite, Everton would had won 50 European Cups in the 5 years that English teams were banned from Europe despite you only winning 1 title after 1985?:DUMMY:

Considering Plessis' age, making his debut in such a high profile game against a class team, he looked VERY good. Looked like he'd been a regular for us and just slotted in nicely. Nice one mate :D

Also you must beleive that as he played with what arguably would be Liverpool's 'second team' he did have so much pressure as he would have had if he had played the whole match with Gerrard and Torres. It allowed him play really well'

Walcott LOL

That was like a roller coaster ride...I thought you lot would finish off the Arse with a second goal.Looked stronger in the first half but were unlucky to concede.I really like Peter Crouch,he is one special player and plays like no other,not to mention his mere presence in the box.Young Damien Plessis looks like a quality player,reminds me of a young Pat Vieira with his style and poise.

Think your selves vey fortunate to get away with two cast iron penalties against the arsenal, its obvious your dodgy keeper has lost all confidence, understandable because when he does come off his line we all know what happens, so now he just stands there clueless like reina the flapping clown...:LOL:

clocopy.jpg

Blue has been on the bottle again, or drugs or something of that nature...

Reina is a good keeper. Defense is also looking solid with Skrtel & Carra doing some good work. Hyypia the aging horse but looks good always in matches when called upon!!

Reina is a good keeper. Defense is also looking solid with Skrtel & Carra doing some good work. Hyypia the aging horse but looks good always in matches when called upon!!

no he aint mate!!! you know it and the whole world knows it....

Reina is a VERY good goalkeeper. I doubt Spain would call him up to the International squad if he was so shit. And for the same matter, I doubt Howard would get anywhere near the Spanish squad too :)

Reina is a VERY good goalkeeper. I doubt Spain would call him up to the International squad if he was so shit. And for the same matter, I doubt Howard would get anywhere near the Spanish squad too :)

YOU RIGHT MATE...he wouldnt , he`s a YANK....... Hear me shout...:LOL:

Fact is we are better than most teams outside the big guns now, espec liverpool! you may have won the Derby but we were hit with major injuries and gifted you a goal, the other Derby well we all know referee played a major part for Liverpool in that game!

You have stood still for 6 years whereas we have moved from a 15th-17th team to a 4th-6th team.

Last edited:

YOU RIGHT MATE...he wouldnt , he`s a YANK....... Hear me shout...:LOL:

Fact is we are better than most teams outside the big guns now, espec liverpool! you may have won the Derby but we were hit with major injuries and gifted you a goal, the other Derby well we all know referee played a major part for Liverpool in that game!

You have stood still for 6 years whereas we have moved from a 15th-17th team to a 4th-6th team.

If standing still is winning a Champions League, getting a record points total in the PL, an Fa Cup, A super Cup and a Super Cup and another CL final, then I quite like it!

You honestly think you're better than us?:BLINK:

You may have seen a bigger improvement over recent years, but even after all of that improvement.....

5 years or 6 years? Champions League win? CL final? Yeah, we've REALLY stood still :roll:

That was a rubbish attempt at trying to start something up Blue, you can do better than that ;)

not trying to stir it up mate not talking about competion wins other than the big one im talking about the holy grail..THE PREMIER LEAGUE...

All that money spent (millions upon millions) and what for? your no closer to winning the premier league than we are, and we spent nothing compared to the shite! still...maybe next year...:LOL:

united.jpg

great winning the Champions League and participated in the final of Champions League wow!! what according to you is good might I know mate??

Spose everything is rosy in the bitter and deluded world of B4L when you have a second team from Manchester, who constantly hurl abuse at Scousers, winning the league!

Nice!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom