Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

mate wayne rooney was takin the world on at 16 years of age ! now thats what i call a footballer not that babel shite. he just aint got it, its so obvious.

mate wayne rooney was takin the world on at 16 years of age ! now thats what i call a footballer not that babel shite. he just aint got it, its so obvious.

Not every player is so good at 16 mate, he'll be a quality player, you'll see :)

Henry did very little until he was 23. Few years on, he's probably the most complete striker of our generation.

Henry did very little until he was 23. Few years on, he's probably the most complete striker of our generation.

yeh he was good, now cristiano ronaldo, geez he is the real deal!
The worlds best player! scares me what he will be like next season and the next and the next etc....

Yeah but he had a genius manager in Wenger who told him to "express himself". Rafa will probably play Babel at centre back next season! :LOL: :-pp ;)

It basically took Ronaldo a couple of seasons
to become the player that he is now.

Good result last night, the tie is not over yet.

Yeah but he had a genius manager in Wenger who told him to "express himself". Rafa will probably play Babel at centre back next season! :LOL: :-pp ;)

Yeh, just like he made Aimar, and Vicente sit at the back, and not express themselves :LOL:

Good stuff from RAWK

mash1lw9.jpg

mash2go5.jpg

Well it was really good Defending from Liverpool. Seriously Carragher and Alonso saved Liverpool. But Torres and Gerrard did not do much, although Gerrard assissted the goal. And i was surprised to see Mascherano not to play the way he plays usually. Well anything can happen at Anfield though. Lets see.

Eh? Didnt you see masch break up arsenal attacks time and time again?

Alonso was the player that I didnt see, he's too slow forh arsenals fast passing game.

Yeh, Alonso was disappointing. Lucas was good for the time he played. Helped calm down the midfield. Retained possession with his little lay offs.

good game for the neutrals both my mates were screaming at their respective teams and also saying good match at the end of the 90mins. Masch did somewhat his job but he wasn't his usual exuberant self as we have seen in the premier league. On the other hand Flamini was doing his duty as well but the person I was disappointed with was Van Persie & Babel.

2nd leg should be great to watch. I think if you lot go to attack Arsenal it could be a massive mistake as in my opinion Arsenal will pick you off throughout the game, the anfield crowd will want you lot to attack but its different this time round as your ahead in the tie for once and your facing a team that will attack as if there the home side, i think you lot should play it exactly like the 1st leg, wouldn't it be just like football if you lot get forced to attack by the anfield crowd and it cost's you as they've been the 12 man for you lot so many times in europe :)

Flamini made a gem of a pass to Van Persie at one point in the first half, which was leathered by Van Persie, but one that didnt go in..fortunately. Was a superb move, enjoyed watching it, to be honest :)

2nd leg should be great to watch. I think if you lot go to attack Arsenal it could be a massive mistake as in my opinion Arsenal will pick you off throughout the game, the anfield crowd will want you lot to attack but its different this time round as your ahead in the tie for once and your facing a team that will attack as if there the home side, i think you lot should play it exactly like the 1st leg, wouldn't it be just like football if you lot get forced to attack by the anfield crowd and it cost's you as they've been the 12 man for you lot so many times in europe :)

I am more than confident of our defense dealing with whatever Arsenal throw at us. When we attack, we are at our best when the opposing team attacks to, as that leaves space for Gerrard to exploit. I think it's set up for us, and the tie is ours to lost IMO.

dude hold your horses. Its football anything can happen and besides both the teams have decapitated Milan's best. So this is a feast of a match for the neutrals sorry fans of either sides will pity your fingernails!!

juve never desperate mate... next season its going to be a mouth-watering champions league with the return of juve and bayern!!

juve never desperate mate... next season its going to be a mouth-watering champions league with the return of juve and bayern!!

I was being sarcastic my friend! Juve will surely be going backwards if they sign Kewell though. :-pp

Juve would have lost it they sign Kewell. Granted he was arguably the best left winger a few years ago, but he's past it.

Its been confirmed that Liverpool have signed 3 new players, probably all from South America. One of them is rumoured to be Schalke's player. does anyone have any clue about those players??

Few notes:
1. Am the only figuring Kewell's reasoning works like: well that's 2 less hours back to Aus :)
2. Kuyt was great. In that I used to be a striker, but now I run around a lot and make myself useful. A pre-leg break Alan Smith comes to mind...
3. It's a penalty in today's footballing world. I agree, time travel back 20 years and the defender would have mocked him as would his own team and fans. But that's as relevant to today's game as a big bushy moustache and matching fro. And I can't believe this bullsh*t about them being from the same town. Seriously, do we want another Anders Frisk/chelsea f*cktards incident? Fortunately fans of l'arse are to smart/lazy...i hope...
4. Babel needs creative licence. Look at Ronaldo in his first two seasons at United - he ran at people and bloody well tripped over himself half the time. But he learned from the experience, and now isn't too doing too shabby.
5. Fourth place is yours. But please play a good team on Saturday to finish off L'arse hopes. A draw would be fine. Crouch up front would be a plus.
6. Next week's game is going to be an absolute corker...can't wait!

Nice to see a manc make some decent posts. I guess this will be the team for Saturday

Reina

Arbeloa Carra El Skirt Ginger Maldini

Pennant Xabi Lucas Benayoun

Voronator Crouch

Its been confirmed that Liverpool have signed 3 new players, probably all from South America. One of them is rumoured to be Schalke's player. does anyone have any clue about those players??

Nope. Rafa just said he's got three players sorted with one of them being a starting eleven player.

2 youngsters for the youth team, and one starting eleven player. He's English, not a big name, can play on the right, and is kwalitee piece in the jigsaw.

Back
Top Bottom