Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

antred, Van Persie imo had a good game did you see the cross to Adebayor? i don't think he could've asked for a better cross

Your just used to watching it week in week out mate. Its the norm for your lot.

I'm not in here having a dig,sly or otherwise I thought you played it perfectly, went away got and the job done. Definate penalty though, and if you cant hold your hands up to that, there's no reasoning with you.

Antred I agree diving and 'easy' fouls are all over the place today, but what can we do about it? All these new youngsters are becoming regular players and the game is a lot faster. Unless they bring out tv replay-refereeing, referees will always be blind to these things. I agree with you, Hleb's movement was a bit odd to warrant a fall like that, but I think another ref would have blown it.

Exactly mate. I just dont know why he didnt try and finish the move. For me he took the easy route, felt a bit of contact and chucked himself on the floor.

Its a shame. And tomorrow of course, instead of everyone raving about a good battle they will be moaning over a pen incident.

Too much diving and now its a massive grey area. Its no longer clear cut in the rules whats a foul and whats not.

I'm not in here having a dig,sly or otherwise I thought you played it perfectly, went away got and the job done. Definate penalty though, and if you cant hold your hands up to that, there's no reasoning with you.

I cant agree with you because it was a dive. He didnt try and finish the move he flung himself to the floor. Torres has done it in the box this season and been told to get up. Hleb did it tonight, and on a few other occasions in the match.

If Kuy had huge chunks of his shirt, had really hauled him backwards which is what would happen if someone grabs your arm, then fair do's but it was nothing of the sort.

Arsenal started the game well and got the goal, but their poor inexperience cost them as you lot hit back instantly and then you knew what to do and did it well, second half the ref did a bad job that was a clear pen on Hleb and the fact that Antred doesn't agree is simply.......shocking to say the least:w00t: also Bendtner proved he simply is good enough and cost Arsenal another chance to level it up overall Liverpool will be very happy did something similar to what we did in Rome but dont have the same cushion we have to take to the 2nd leg i think it will be tough for Arsenal now. Liverpool Chelsea...Again :brick:

Arsenal started the game well and got the goal, but their poor inexperience cost them as you lot hit back instantly and then you knew what to do and did it well, second half the ref did a bad job that was a clear pen on Hleb and the fact that Antred doesn't agree is simply.......shocking to say the least:w00t: also Bendtner proved he simply is good enough and cost Arsenal another chance to level it up overall Liverpool will be very happy did something similar to what we did in Rome but dont have the same cushion we have to take to the 2nd leg i think it will be tough for Arsenal now. Liverpool Chelsea...Again :brick:

Arsenal are more than capable of beating us.

And Chelsea lost. I think Fenerbahce will go through.

Again why is it shocking i dont agree?

Most of you are just used to it thats all. Dead simple.

Its supposed to be a mans game! Bergkamp would have slipped it under the keeper!

Arsenal are more than capable of beating us.

And Chelsea lost. I think Fenerbahce will go through.

2-1 the away goal is good enough for Chelsea IMO, Arsenal could beat you im not saying they can't but i fully expect Anfield to be the atmosphere it is on european nights and get a goal in the first 15 and then that will see you home.

I didnt think Torres had a poor game, he did his job and really caused problems when Arsenal were pushing up.

Arsenal's strikers were always going to get more service! Gerrard had to drop back into midfield and was brilliant IMO.

2-1 the away goal is good enough for Chelsea IMO, Arsenal could beat you im not saying they can't but i fully expect Anfield to be the atmosphere it is on european nights and get a goal in the first 15 and then that will see you home.

Not sure about Chelsea. Fenerbahce are more than just a decent side. They showed bottle tonight by fighting back. I won't be surprised if Fenerbahce go through.

I also liked Lucas and Beni's little run in the last 15-20 minutes. Beni did well to keep possession and hold off the ball. Lucas put in a decent shift, and worked hard to keep pressing. And I love his little lay offs that he does.

Kuyt was your hero today lads! :DD

This was a typical Kuyt goal. True poacher's goal, like he used to in Holland. Still, his terrible first touch stopped plenty of our counter attacks.

I thought Alonso did well, but he just doesn't prove the creativity he used to. I would be slightly inclined to use Lucas in the return leg, if we are really to attack.

kuyt man of the match, great goal and great defending againts hleb. world class defending at its best

was gerrard playing? o yea he created the goal and later got subbed? diddnt hear from him after that

This was OFFICIALLY stated on Sky Sports right know but the Referee and Kuyt when lived in holland lived 5 Miles apart....read into that what you want :THINK:

:) Im not saying anything but ill take some of your comments about United and ref's with a pinch of salt from now on.

I cant agree with you because it was a dive. He didnt try and finish the move he flung himself to the floor. Torres has done it in the box this season and been told to get up. Hleb did it tonight, and on a few other occasions in the match.

If Kuy had huge chunks of his shirt, had really hauled him backwards which is what would happen if someone grabs your arm, then fair do's but it was nothing of the sort.

thought it was a pen at first, seen it a few more times (mainly cos of sky's obsession) and have to agree with antred

there was contact but as soon as hleb felt it he threw himself down when he still had chance to get a shot/cross off

some refs give them, some don't, shit happens but they normally even out over the season, we've maybe got away with 2 pens this season (other one being last minute at the pit) but have had 2 shockers given against us (chelsea at home and reading away)

Richard Keys is a cunt. I can't believe that people can actually sit in front of him, when he's spouting his shit, and then not punch him.

From RAWK:

made me laugh

"Just goes to show how difficult the Djimi Traore own goal was at Burnley... Even Bendtner couldn't replicate it"

Back
Top Bottom