Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Saturdays game will be fascinating to see whether they both rest players and how much will be rested , seeing as if you lot lose and give away 3 points then Everton are right back on your tail while Arsenal still have hope on the league? either way it will either open up a race or end one :)

yeah I'm worried about it YG.

Everton have the Derby result in the bag (at home).

If Arsenal beat us which I think they will, we can only really afford to slip up once more (assuming Everton don't), and then we have some very tough away days coming up against bogey teams, and even Blacburn at Home is tricky.

Think you are safe at the top though! Easeh.

If Arsenal beat us which I think they will, we can only really afford to slip up once more (assuming Everton don't), and then we have some very tough away days coming up against bogey teams, and even Blacburn at Home is tricky.

Not too bothered. From now on, Everton have a tougher run in with Arsenal, Chelsea, and Aston Villa, where I can see them dropping at least 4 points (or more).

refkuytcn6.jpg

:LOL::LOL:

why?

shite's remaining games

derby h
birmingham a
chelsea h
villa h
arseanl a
newcastle h

can see brum, chelsea, villa & arsenal all taking points off them, reckon they'll get another 8 points (wins against derby & newcastle & draws against brum & villa) which would leave us needing to get 4 points from our remaining games which are blackburn & citeh at home & fulham, brum & spurs away

from rawk:

In fact the ref is a close family friend of the Kuyts and when Dirk was a young boy he would quite often bring round some edam for him. And that is a fact - make of it what you will.

Kuyt wasn't that suprised to see if it was a pen or not he got up confidently, im sure he and ref are good mate :)

Last edited:

from rawk:

In fact the ref is a close family friend of the Kuyts and when Dirk was a young boy he would quite often bring round some edam for him. And that is a fact - make of it what you will.

I can see him travelling 5 miles in clogs through the streets of Amserdam with edam every other monday.

I can see him travelling 5 miles in clogs through the streets of Amserdam with edam every other monday.

kuyt is originally from katwijk so doubt he walked through amsterdam ;)

if i was arsene wenger i'd be finding out why van persie never got his arse down there when he was a kid with a couple of edams and a big fat one just to make sure he got some favorable decisions

I KNOW Plan M is waiting for my view on the game ;)

Well .... we got lucky! Oh ... wait .... you don't get lucky, you make your OWN luck! So well done Liverpool! ;)

We get hammered in the second half, it was definately a penalty and Bendtner ... :LOL: well done son! Couldn't have asked for a better clearance from one of our own! :D

SUPERB result, I'd have taken a score draw at the start of the game. Arsenal deserved to win, but you know ... you make your own luck :D

Why was Torres taken off and Voronin put on? Torres looked dangerous any time he was fed the ball and although Kuyt is a machine I thought he was a much better candidate to be taken off. Also, what is the deal with Crouch???? I just don't get why he never gets a nod, even back in the Man u game, you are down to ten men against the league champs and you are 1-0 down, surely you stick on Crouch in that situation (AT LEAST AT SOME POINT)???? He brings a totally different dimension.

Crouch will leave at the end of the season, trust me. I feel pity for him but Rafa just don't want to play him, and he's too good a striker not to feature more for Liverpool. Maybe Rafa thinks he's too lanky, too immobile, or too "bad looking", can't read what Rafa's got in mind. A great, great shame.

Last edited:

Crouch will leave at the end of the season, trust me. I feel pity for him but Rafa just don't want to play him, and he's too good a striker not to feature more for Liverpool. Maybe Rafa thinks he's too lanky, too immobile, or too "bad looking", can't read what Rafa's got in mind. A great, great shame.

Pretty sure Rafa thinks Crouch doesn't fit our system, as he isn't mobile enough, and quick enough. He'll be off in the summer.

I actually agree with antred on the penalty, however only from one angle. The others make it look like a definite penalty.

The camera angle behind the goal line shows kuyt putting his hand on hleb's shoulder and running alongside him. That lasts for a moment and without any extra movement from Kuyt Hleb jerks himself into kuyt. It really does look like he feels the touch, realises he can get a pen and then falls/jerks into Kuyt.

lol men and boys! total dominance and didnt even break sweat, reina didnt come for the arsenal goal, now that was funny, champions league my arse...:LOL:

Your comments will be valid when you get anywhere near the Quarter Finals of the Champions League. In fact when you get to the Quarter Finals of the UEFA cup, then your opinion might be worth something.

Until then, you're not one to say "champions league my arse" when the only thing you lot did was have an extended holiday :LOL:

Just me, or was that an awful game?

I've not been so bored watching football in a long time.

i'd say you've got the result to carry you through, as this would usually in Europe for you, but it's Arsenal, and even in the CL the Prem only matches are different kettles of fish.

see matherto, no one invited you to watch the game. and it's ALWAYS you, ok? I guess you only orgasm from Manu games. Even on the day Manu doesnt play, ,i guess you want Manu to win.

Anyway, :redscarf: good display by both teams :))

Last edited:

lol men and boys! total dominance and didnt even break sweat, reina didnt come for the arsenal goal, now that was funny, champions league my arse...:LOL:

We'll see who the men and boys are at Anfield.

Amazing no? Didn't even break a sweat, yet we are the ones with the advantage? Maybe they should have tried harder :LOL:

Last edited:

I thought it was a good game actually? :SS

Arsenal were great to watch attacking, and as much as I'd like to see us attack instead of defend, we were great at defending.

I agree with Lak, great performance by both teams and lived up to the billing I think :)

I thought it was a good game actually? :SS

Arsenal were great to watch attacking, and as much as I'd like to see us attack instead of defend, we were great at defending.

I agree with Lak, great performance by both teams and lived up to the billing I think :)

Whats wrong with a good defensive game? Being a centre half myself i enjoy watching backs to the wall defending. When you are playing in a game like that the adrenaline is pumping at every tackle.

Liverpool did what i expected them too, score the goal and sit on it for teh rest of the game.

Anyone else think Kuyt was fucking brilliant at defending last night? He was EVERYWHERE!

Nah Blue. He's been very inconsistent this season but he's still learning and he's got tons of talent. Once he's been nurtured a bit and he starts to mature, he'll be one of the top talents in football.

At the moment he really does suffer from confidence issues, he's too scared to put a foot in for tackles and get stuck in (which pisses me off), he gets the ball on a counter attack and stands in front of the defender thinking what to do while the opposition get back, and he needs to improve at taking on defenders.

Damn, I've just completely slated him it looks like :LOL: But he is a very talented player, he just needs time. And he's also playing out of position, he's supposed to be a striker.

I rate Babel - I think he'll be one of L'pool's best players in years to come.

Back
Top Bottom