Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

I think it was similar to the Milan game. We held on all game except for the crossbar. Its not luck if the other team can't finish their countless chances. Its poor finishing. Like Roma v Man U. Liverpool deserve credit for holding out against a tough team at a tough ground.

Just me, or was that an awful game?

I've not been so bored watching football in a long time.

i'd say you've got the result to carry you through, as this would usually in Europe for you, but it's Arsenal, and even in the CL the Prem only matches are different kettles of fish.

Antred... WTF? if this was someone pulling Torres down to the ground you would call penalty no matter what...

No i wouldnt, Torres was diving all over the place tonight.

Im not like some of you young modern fans that just accept its part of the game, everything these days is a foul, the merest contact is a foul and im made up the ref didnt reward it.

Of course Arsenal couldn't score they had 10 players defending, how the hell can some1 score in those conditions???

Total rubbish.

Ah there we go lads, as long as you get a goal early every game and then through ten behind the ball you will win everything in sight and never lose.

Quick, tell Avram Grant.

Hleb worked out how to get through, dribble.

No-one had the balls to take a man or two on, and when they did, it nearly got you a pen.

Footballers these days are so dumb.

I think it was similar to the Milan game. We held on all game except for the crossbar. Its not luck if the other team can't finish their countless chances. Its poor finishing. Like Roma v Man U. Liverpool deserve credit for holding out against a tough team at a tough ground.

Finally someone. Thank you

@matherto, I could probably understand why it was an awful game.

And I can't believe that cunt Andy Gray? Whole match moaning, and moaning.

Liverpool played it exactly how i thought they would. get a goal and sit back. Thats what you do in Europe. you dont give yourselves a mountain to climb. thats why Arsenal chucked the entire team forward in search of that important goal.

Hleb worked out how to get through, dribble.

No-one had the balls to take a man or two on, and when they did, it nearly got you a pen.

Footballers these days are so dumb.

true. i wish walcott would do the same but i know he wont because his under wengers microscope. any small mistakes is huuge when your trying to prove yourself

Finally someone. Thank you

@matherto, I could probably understand why it was an awful game.

And I can't believe that cunt Andy Gray? Whole match moaning, and moaning.

Andy Gray doesnt give a toss. now and agian he comes out with a little bit of pro pool spiel but for the majority he wants us on our arses and i wouldnt expect any less from him being an ex evertonian.

No.

Kuyt arms goes up briefly granted, a split second odd.

If you are grabbed in a match and hauled down you dont fling to the side or forwards, its basic physics.

Its amazing these footballers must be on spinach to make grown athletic men fall to the ground from the merest touch.

Here you go mate

Oh yeah, and it is by no means over IMHO.

Arsenal are way capable of getting a result at Anfield.

Benitez will have a dillema. Play it cool, or go with the crowd and attack?

Yeh dissapointed with Torres' diving today, but he did work very hard running the channels.

Very disappointed. He used to dive around a lot in Spain, but cut it down in the league. I hope Gerrard talks to him, as I think it was Gerrard who first told him to leave it.

Torres had very little to work with. Gerrard was far too deep to provide anything. We'll probably see more of him in the home leg.

No i wouldnt, Torres was diving all over the place tonight.

Im not like some of you young modern fans that just accept its part of the game, everything these days is a foul, the merest contact is a foul and im made up the ref didnt reward it.

That's another patronising post from you. WHY do you assume all of the Evo-Web members are 17? Most of the lads I KNOW that post here are in their mid 20s - 30s.

That was a foul - everytime.

the real question is. is liverpool gunna play the same at anfield? it will be a total different game on saturday though. you wont be defending with 10 men. u still got that 4th spot to play for

I don't like that way of playing, and even if Arsenals problem is the finishing everything will be cleared, at least i hope so. Lol

Oh yeah, and it is by no means over IMHO.

Arsenal are way capable of getting a result at Anfield.

Benitez will have a dillema. Play it cool, or go with the crowd and attack?

Attack. Even when we had a lead against Barca, we went for it at home, and hit the crossbar three times I think. Pretty sure we'll do the same.

Oh, and Arsenal are very capable of getting a result. Though I feel very confident of winning. Anfield will be bouncing, and Arsenal won't know what hit them. We will probably start to attack as soon as that, since the players will still be overwhelmed by the atmosphere. That's how Rafa does it, he knows how to us the 12th man.

Last edited:

the real question is. is liverpool gunna play the same at anfield? it will be a total different game on saturday though. you wont be defending with 10 men. u still got that 4th spot to play for

Saturday, I expect Crouch to start instead of Torres, and plenty of hoofing up to him. It's going to be ugly.

That's another patronising post from you. WHY do you assume all of the Evo-Web members are 17? Most of the lads I KNOW that post here are in their mid 20s - 30s.

That was a foul - everytime.

It was a foul because most of you are brainwashed from the diving and cheating and playacting that goes on in todays game week in week out. Its become acceptable and the norm.

I mean you love Ronaldo and he does swan lake every week.

Attack. Even when we had a lead against Barca, we went for it at home, and hit the crossbar thrice I think. Pretty sure we'll do the same.

Oh, and Arsenal are very capable of getting a result. Though I feel very confident of winning. Anfield will be bouncing, and Arsenal won't know what hit them. We will probably start to attack as soon as that, since the players will still be overwhelmed by the atmosphere. That's how Rafa does it, he knows how to us the 12th man.

I would like to congratulate you for the first use of the word thrice ever on the forums :DD

Antred I agree diving and 'easy' fouls are all over the place today, but what can we do about it? All these new youngsters are becoming regular players and the game is a lot faster. Unless they bring out tv replay-refereeing, referees will always be blind to these things. I agree with you, Hleb's movement was a bit odd to warrant a fall like that, but I think another ref would have blown it.

Back
Top Bottom