Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Hey guys, i heard Abhishek mention a while back that you were linked with Bentley do you lot think he's good enough? i think the kids quality reminds of Becks could be one of the wingers for the summer?

I actually rate Bentley very highly, but I hope he doesn't get reputed as the 'New Beckham' because he has so much more about his game than Beckham. He has excellent technique, great ball control and has a fantastic shot on him. He also has a great cross (not as good as Beckhams's), is a very clever passer in that he can cut through defenses, and is generally a very clever player, in that he is aware of what's happening. He isn't lightning quick as Lennon, or Wright Phillips, but he isn't slow either, and has much more end product.

I feel that he could work really well with Torres, Babel and Gerrard. I don't think people (especially Liverpool fans I have talked to) rate him highly, since he doesn't have a Brazilian name like Bentlinho, but if you compare him to someone like Quaresma, the actualy 'end product' is the same, or even more for Bentley. Plus he would cost half as much, if the rumors are true (linking him to us for 12M).

Several papers have reported that Rafa is interested in him, and I wouldn't mind him at all. Plus he would no time to settle in the league. But it could be a case of a big fish in a small pond, but you can only see if he actually plays for a big club. Plus I feel he would do even better with an attacking full back like Rafinha (another player we have been linked with very often). 2 of them could sort out our right side.

On the left, I think Babel will really explode onto the scene in the Euros, and establish himself next season. At left back, if fit, Aurelio is a pretty decent option IMO. During his time under Rafa at Valencia, he was arguably the best left back in Spain, and one of the better ones in Europe. He scored a shit loads of goals for a full back, and fully deserved a call up for the national team, but with Roberto Carlos, no one else really had a chance did they. Plus, with Insua coming through the ranks, Aurelio can help bedding him in, and Insua could probably become first choice in a couple of seasons.

All still speculation though, but I do feel Bentley is one of the better wingers, that we could realistically buy. And there arn't that many really great wingers out there. There's only one world class quality winger out there, and that's Ronaldo.

Last edited:

I actually rate Bentley very highly, but I hope he doesn't get reputed as the 'New Beckham' because he has so much more about his game than Beckham. He has excellent technique, great ball control and has a fantastic shot on him. He also has a great cross (not as good as Beckhams's), is a very clever passer in that he can cut through defenses, and is generally a very clever player, in that he is aware of what's happening. He isn't lightning quick as Lennon, or Wright Phillips, but he isn't slow either, and has much more end product.

I feel that he could work really well with Torres, Babel and Gerrard. I don't think people (especially Liverpool fans I have talked to) rate him highly, since he doesn't have a Brazilian name like Bentlinho, but if you compare him to someone like Quaresma, the actualy 'end product' is the same, or even more for Bentley. Plus he would cost half as much, if the rumors are true (linking him to us for 12M).

Several papers have reported that Rafa is interested in him, and I wouldn't mind him at all. Plus he would no time to settle in the league. But it could be a case of a big fish in a small pond, but you can only see if he actually plays for a big club. Plus I feel he would do even better with an attacking full back like Rafinha (another player we have been linked with very often). 2 of them could sort out our right side.

On the left, I think Babel will really explode onto the scene in the Euros, and establish himself next season. At left back, if fit, Aurelio is a pretty decent option IMO. During his time under Rafa at Valencia, he was arguably the best left back in Spain, and one of the better ones in Europe. He scored a shit loads of goals for a full back, and fully deserved a call up for the national team, but with Roberto Carlos, no one else really had a chance did they. Plus, with Insua coming through the ranks, Aurelio can help bedding him in, and Insua could probably become first choice in a couple of seasons.

All still speculation though, but I do feel Bentley is one of the better wingers, that we could realistically buy. And there arn't that many really great wingers out there. There's only one world class quality winger out there, and that's Ronaldo.

Messi? David Silva? Robinho? Not saying you can get any of them but they are still world class in my book:))

Messi? David Silva? Robinho? Not saying you can get any of them but they are still world class in my book:))

Messi and Robinho I would classfy more as No. 10's rather than proper wingers. Ronaldo too cuts in inside, but his style of play is more of a winger.

Silva still has a long way to go to prove that he's a world class, and he too plays in the 'No. 10' position for Valencia. And I do feel he might be lightweight for the league. I mean, the guy is TINY! :-pp

As you have pointed out i also think Ronaldo is similar as he started out as a Striker then changed his position to a winger but i can see your point but what about Malouda, Ribery?(maybe to central) I think the out and out Winger is actually dieing so we probably won't see the huge numbers of them being world class

Quaresma? Simao? Mancini? :DD

Quaresma - Shit loads of talent, very little end product
Simao - Really good player, hard working, two footed, great technique, but won't really classify him world class.
Mancini - Ridiculously inconsistent

;))

Quaresma - Shit loads of talent, very little end product
Simao - Really good player, hard working, two footed, great technique, but won't really classify him world class.
Mancini - Ridiculously inconsistent

;))

Spot on but Quaresma know is performing quite well with Porto and expect him to make the big move in the summer to take him to the next level

tho, dare i say it, if arteta was playing for man u or arsenal he would probably be up there with the likes of the afore mentioned :0)

Lets have a fair even match, no sendings off or ridiculous decisions please refs. then we'll see, ill honestly say it will be a draw i think we are evenly matched:

Reina/Howard

I honestly would prefer Howard.

I honestly think we have a better centre back pairing in yobo/jags and lescott

Midfield wise you take us apart with our injuries.

up front well both scoring for fun this season, torres just pips it over the yak!

Good luck to us all its a heart wrenching match i can barely watch, heres to a fair and even game and enjoy it where ever your watching.

Chico mayne predicts 1-1 (stevie g laaaaaa 65' - yak 74')

FROM BBC SPORT WEBSITE:

Liverpool cheating already!!

Liverpool squad: Reina, Arbeloa, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Skrtel, Riise, Arbeloa, Babel, Benayoun, Gerrard, Alonso, Lucas, Torres, Kuyt, Voronin, Crouch, Pennant, Itandje. :THINK: :SHAKE: :LOL:

FROM BBC SPORT WEBSITE:

Liverpool squad: Reina, Arbeloa, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Skrtel, Riise, Arbeloa, Babel, Benayoun, Gerrard, Alonso, Lucas, Torres, Kuyt, Voronin, Crouch, Pennant, Itandje. :THINK: :SHAKE: :LOL:

OMG tell Rafa he has TWO Arbeloa's to choose from!!!!!!!! :BLINK:

Let's hope so chico, Arteta is like the spine of the team IMO, so without Masch to contain him, hopefully Stevie steps up to the challange.

Hey guys, i heard Abhishek mention a while back that you were linked with Bentley do you lot think he's good enough? i think the kids quality reminds of Becks could be one of the wingers for the summer?

I've always liked Bentley and I think he's a very good player. World class though? Not sure, but the boy definately has skill.

FROM BBC SPORT WEBSITE:

:LOL: :w00t:

ONLY ONE ARBELOA! ONE ARBELOOOOOOA! :LOL:

Lets have a fair even match, no sendings off or ridiculous decisions please refs. then we'll see, ill honestly say it will be a draw i think we are evenly matched:

Reina/Howard

I honestly would prefer Howard.

I honestly think we have a better centre back pairing in yobo/jags and lescott

Midfield wise you take us apart with our injuries.

up front well both scoring for fun this season, torres just pips it over the yak!

Good luck to us all its a heart wrenching match i can barely watch, heres to a fair and even game and enjoy it where ever your watching.

Chico mayne predicts 1-1 (stevie g laaaaaa 65' - yak 74')

Reina= Most under-rated keeper in prem. Despite winning last two golden gloves. The flipside is that people will say well its our defence. But of course you think Yobo and Jagielka are better:DUMMY:

:DD

Spot on but Quaresma know is performing quite well with Porto and expect him to make the big move in the summer to take him to the next level

Well, I would hope Quaresma could come here, as he was in a similar situation as Torres, until he came here, and Rafa transformed him. But he's going to Real Madrid most probably, and we can't enter into a bidding way with them. Bentley ain't world class, but he'll be a massive improvement for us.

:LOL: :w00t:

ONLY ONE ARBELOA! ONE ARBELOOOOOOA! :LOL:

Oh dear god, we'll have two Arbeloa's jumping around the players :-pp

Reina= Most under-rated keeper in prem. Despite winning last two golden gloves. The flipside is that people will say well its our defence. But of course you think Yobo and Jagielka are better:DUMMY:

:DD

So true. The same people who under rate Reina, would rate Riise, because they've seen a couple of his screamers. But we know he's crap, while Reina is top quality. People say he doesn't make match winning saves, but they forget the ones against West Ham in the FA Cup final, and the Chelsea semis. Not to mention Barcelona and Inter as well. Apart from the fact that he makes brilliant saves, he's a top, top sweeper, great at penalties, and arguably the best distributor and organizer of attacks from the back. You couldn't ask more, could you?

I'll say it again then:

Reina= Most under-rated keeper in the prem.

Wouldn't swap him for anyone, even after that!

Yup.

EVERY keeper makes mistakes. People will only remember his games against Everton and United, but we fans know that he's a top, top keeper, who watch him, week in, week out.

having a laugh reina has cost you so many goals mate. aj second in derby as well as above and numerous others!!!

howard has been very consistent for everton and id take him everytime over pepe,

ps stockport county closest team to mersey river!!

having a laugh reina has cost you so many goals mate. aj second in derby as well as above and numerous others!!!

howard has been very consistent for everton and id take him everytime over pepe,

ps stockport county closest team to mersey river!!

You say he's cost many goals, then you name just one mistake, and many others? :LOL:

As I said, people will remember only United and Everton games, which is 2 bad games. He's won the Golden Glove for 2 consecutive years, and is on the way to his 3rd, and Reina has cost us so many mistakes :LOL:

And apart from this, he's arguably the best distributor of the ball in the world among keepers. We've scored so many goals on the counter, after Pepe has found Babel or Torres from his throw.

i think most football fans watch every team close enough weekin week out, i honestly would say i could name every prem team first 11 bar one or two for derby and thunderland!!

You say he's cost many goals, then you name just one mistake, and many others? :LOL:

As I said, people will remember only United and Everton games, which is 2 bad games. He's won the Golden Glove for 2 consecutive years, and is on the way to his 3rd, and Reina has cost us so many mistakes :LOL:

And apart from this, he's arguably the best distributor of the ball in the world among keepers. We've scored so many goals on the counter, after Pepe has found Babel or Torres from his throw.

your so deluded mate hes no were near one of the best, cost you a few in champs league last season this season hes good shot stopper but hes not the best on crosses, good at kicking a ball but most keepers are mate. not hard to pick a player out if hes standing free and the kepper has the ball in his hands ffs take your tinted glasss off :BY:

your so deluded mate hes no were near one of the best, cost you a few in champs league last season this season hes good shot stopper but hes not the best on crosses, good at kicking a ball but most keepers are mate. not hard to pick a player out if hes standing free and the kepper has the ball in his hands ffs take your tinted glasss off :BY:

:LOL:

Reina is shit, because he has the best record of any Liverpool keeper in his first 90 games?

Yup, he's cost us big time, against Chelsea in the semi's, Barcelona at Nou Camp, and Inter at San Siro :LOL:

He's shit at crosses is he? Except for when he regularly punches them away 9 times out of 10. People have short memories, and will only remember the Manc game, but not the rest of the season, when he's been absolutely flawless. He's not the best at crosses, but then again, Buffon is not the quickest when it comes to sweeping, and Cech is shite at saving penalties.

We still have the 3rd best defense in the league, even though we're missing our best defender, and our most experienced defender is having a crap season. Only because of Pepe. I don't care if he even fluffs it today, because I just don't look at one game.

Shit indeed :LOL:

In other news

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N159354080330-0955.htm

Hmm, wonder who they are?

:LOL:

Reina is shit, because he has the best record of any Liverpool keeper in his first 90 games?

Yup, he's cost us big time, against Chelsea in the semi's, Barcelona at Nou Camp, and Inter at San Siro :LOL:

He's shit at crosses is he? Except for when he regularly punches them away 9 times out of 10. People have short memories, and will only remember the Manc game, but not the rest of the season, when he's been absolutely flawless. He's not the best at crosses, but then again, Buffon is not the quickest when it comes to sweeping, and Cech is shite at saving penalties.

We still have the 3rd best defense in the league, even though we're missing our best defender, and our most experienced defender is having a crap season. Only because of Pepe. I don't care if he even fluffs it today, because I just don't look at one game.

Shit indeed :LOL:

In other news

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N159354080330-0955.htm

Hmm, wonder who they are?

hes shit.

they'll be spanish under 9's most probably.

hes shit.

they'll be spanish under 9's most probably.

lfc_draft.jpg

:DUMMY:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom