Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

I fully expect Blue and Chico to come in, say the ref was crap, they were missing their best players, we cheated somehow and Torres should've been sent off for daring to score against them ;)

How Peter Eyres can say Kuyt was very, very good is beyond me. He was awful as usual.

Good performances from most of the rest of the team though.

How Peter Eyres can say Kuyt was very, very good is beyond me. He was awful as usual.

Kuyt was not awful. He wasn't brilliant, but he put in a good game.

I fully expect Blue and Chico to come in, say the ref was crap, they were missing their best players, we cheated somehow and Torres should've been sent off for daring to score against them ;)

Haha! :LOL:

The Yak should have been fed a yellow for diving and moaning though

I thought Kuyt played well too, his workrate and closing down were top drawer.

Hmm, and wasn't Reina's ability to handle crosses woeful? If yes, then it makes you wonder how he just punched away several crosses that came his way?

one game at a time. in the context of THIS GAME: EVERTON VS LIVERPOOL FC, SUNDAY, 30/3/2008, dirk kuyt played well.

now i'm sure, you wont be able to see that, or even appreciate it when a player works hard.

anyway, who cares. we won :DD

one game at a time. in the context of THIS GAME: EVERTON VS LIVERPOOL FC, SUNDAY, 30/3/2008, dirk kuyt played well.

now i'm sure, you wont be able to see that, or even appreciate it when a player works hard.

anyway, who cares. we won :DD

Well they didn't really have a player who just ran around and pressurized opponents to create space did they? *cough* Alan Smith *cough*

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the pub where Blue and Chico are. Hear what they're saying and what their honest opinion of the game is. ;)

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the pub where Blue and Chico are. Hear what they're saying and what their honest opinion of the game is. ;)

I couldn't be less bothered. This game shows how deluded they were. Despite the scoreline, we outplayed and outclassed him, without the need to change gears. Hyypia had the Yak in his pocket, Lucas didn't allow Arteta to do anything creative, and we could have score quiet a few more today.

Good win lads :) looks like 4th is your's know yet still a poor season by you lot being 14 points off us and IMO you won't get past Arsenal in the CL but you definitely will be the favorite's by most people's opinions

Oh sorry!

He didn't complete 50 passes with the back of his heel without looking, and failed to score 2 long range belters without the ball even touching the ground. Can't remember him doing any stepovers either

Yeh he was shit! :NONO:

You really are cluless.

I want to replace Kuyt for a better 'model' but he deserves credit for working his arse off, he hardly gave the ball away, he constantly pressed the everton defenders, he set up the goal, he made lots of tackles, and he went forward with Intent.

Last edited:

Good win lads :) looks like 4th is your's know yet still a poor season by you lot being 14 points off us and IMO you won't get past Arsenal in the CL but you definitely will be the favorite's by most people's opinions

We'll see about that. We are a transformed team in the CL, and I am confident that if we play to our usual standard, we should go though. Masch is back as well! Would have loved for him to toy with Neville today. Shame he had to miss.

Still, disappointing season. I knew we were never going to win the title, but I was expecting us to be in it till March-April, but we went out of it by January. Agger's injury and the off-field problems haven't helped. We had that dreadful run from the start of the new year, and that really showed the lack of quality in our squad.

Rafa's still learning though, and he yet hasn't cracked the league IMO. But he's too good not to crack it eventually. If he can't, I can think of very few others who can. He's too astute and talented. I genuinely believe that the whole Klinsmann fiasco really hurt him. But, there are positives still. As I said, we've converted our losses to draws, and it's time to turn the draws into wins next season. We've played expansive football, and properly demolished teams. Hopefully, a more settled defense, and more quality in attack can help us be closer. Not expecting us to win next season either, but I think we will be still closer. We do need to invest in 2-3 quality players, and get rid of Riise, Kewell, Pennant, Kuyt.

Oh sorry!

He didn't complete 50 passes with the back of his heel without looking, and failed to score 2 long range belters without the ball even touching the ground. Can't remember him doing any stepovers either

Yeh he was shit! :NONO:

You really are cluless.

I want to replace Kuyt for a better 'model' but he deserves credit for working his arse off, he hardly gave the ball away, he constantly pressed the everton defenders, he set up the goal, he made lots of tackles, and he went forward with Intent.

To be fair this reminded me of your post's about Ronaldo after we beat you the week before when all of you said he "didn't turn up" well in my opinion he had a good game ok he didn't take on your whole team everytime he got the ball but i don't remember him making poor pass's he tried to run with the ball at the right times and played his role very well and capped it off with a goal . so i think people expect to much of players sometimes you don't have to set the game alight to have played well but just do your part of a TEAM game which i think Kuyt did today and Ronaldo did against you lot the other day.

To be fair this reminded me of your post's about Ronaldo after we beat you the week before when all of you said he "didn't turn up" well in my opinion he had a good game ok he didn't take on your whole team everytime he got the ball but i don't remember him making poor pass's he tried to run with the ball at the right times and played his role very well and capped it off with a goal . so i think people expect to much of players sometimes you don't have to set the game alight to have played well but just do your part of a TEAM game which i think Kuyt did today and Ronaldo did against you lot the other day.

Think your missing the point.

Ronaldo is expected to beat people, score, create and enterain in the process.

Kuyt is expected to work hard, make space, hold the ball up and win headers.

youngwaterpistolgun, what do you want mate? dont be a party pooper. if you dont have anything worthwile to say about the everton game, then it's ok (manu game was last week in-case your still asleep), we dont need your opinion.

Can't believe people are still giving Kuyt grief.

I wrote a small piece on him a few pages back explaining that a massive reason for Torres' great form was due to Kuyt. If you haven't seen it, then go read it if you want a more in depth explanation.
It's not always who is playing brilliantly individually, but more who brings the best to the team unit.

Your team has looked as good as it has for many years attacking-wise and that is partly down to the presence of Kuyt, not in spite of him. :)

Can't believe people are still giving Kuyt grief.

I wrote a small piece on him a few pages back explaining that a massive reason for Torres' great form was due to Kuyt. If you haven't seen it, then go read it if you want a more in depth explanation.
It's not always who is playing brilliantly individually, but more who brings the best to the team unit.

Your team has looked as good as it has for many years attacking-wise and that is partly down to the presence of Kuyt, not in spite of him. :)

To be fair, Torres' best seasons came when Nikolaidis was doing what Kuyt did. Kuyt is ok, I like him, and he is important for the team. Both he and Babel play their part in stretching play and creating space for Torres and Gerrard. I still don't think he's the long term solution. We need someone who can do what he does, as well as provide an attacking threat. Look at Torres, always pressurizes, always tracks back, but has more quality overall.

We reached the 100 goal mark yesterday against Everton.

Goals in All Competitions

1. Liverpool 100 goals (in 49 games)
2. Arsenal 98 (50)
3. Spurs 97 (51)
4. M Utd 93 (46)
5. Chelsea 89 (51)
6. Everton 78 (48)

Torres 28
Gerrard 19
Benayoun 10
Kuyt 9
Babel 8
Crouch 8
Voronin 4
Hyypia 3
Alonso 2
El Zhar 1
Aurelio 1
Mascherano 1
Pennant 1
Sissoko 1
Lucas 1

Well a classic it wasnt! but that dont matter really, i was disapointed with the defensive mistake but torres still had work to do, it was a great finish! after going 1-0 down we needed another striker with only yak available as a striker yesterday i couldnt see us getting back into it and we didnt! a deserved victory....

Sounds like you lot when we hammered you last week! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. :lol:

Actually I think you'll find everyone agreeing the ref WAS crap last week, and yes I do feel we were cheated out of anything last week.

Back
Top Bottom