Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Stop bullying me you two, I'm very sensitive. :(

ANYWAY, back on-topic:

The next 3 matches against Arsenal - how do you feel you'll cope Lak? I am dying to read another one of your insightful and non-bias posts. :lol:

then it's ok Plan, you can keep dying if you're that desparate. and about the sarcastic dig at biasness, look who's talking!

I ALWAYS state when I think Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea/etc are playing well mate. I'm not in denial like some people here. ;)

Anyway, back to the Arsenal matches - how do you think they'll pan out?

Stop bullying me you two, I'm very sensitive. :(

ANYWAY, back on-topic:

The next 3 matches against Arsenal - how do you feel you'll cope Lak? I am dying to read another one of your insightful and non-bias posts. :lol:

You're not crying, are you Mike? :(

;)

If I may, I think the next 3 games will be decided by the first game at the Emirates. If we manage to get a result, I believe we can go onto win the other 2. If we lost, then.....

I am a big believer in the saying that 'Winning is a habit'. A draw would as good as a win for us, and that would really give us momentum for the next 2. We'll probably go into the first match, soaking up the pressure, and hitting on the counter, which is our strength. Pretty sure that Mash will be man marking Fabregas, to stop Arsenal from playing, and we have always been effective in nullifying the other team in the UCL.

I think Gerrard will be key. Gallas and Toure are good enough to mark out Torres. They play with a 2 man midfield, while we play with 3 men, and Flamini is not the best in protecting the back 4. This is where IMO Gerrard will come into play, and even Babel, who will cut inside to create space for Gerrard. If it was up to me, I wouldn't even play Carragher. Hyypia and Skrtel, which would be able to handle both of Adebayor's strengths, aerial ability and pace.

I think you CAN get a result at the Emirates Abhi - L'pool looked comfortable at the San Siro and you ooze experience.

However, Arsenal ALSO looked the part in their match at the San Siro so it's gonna be a very interesting few matches.

Personally, I can't wait for the two legs! Great for the neutral. :)

Arsenal will definitely attack, and we will look to counter attack. Yeh, a great game for neutral. Not for me though. I will be nervous as fuck....

I would hate it if we were playing you or Arsenal on Weds - it would hurt if either of you knocked us out.

Delta619 and Lak crack me up, there like the chuckle brothers :LOL:

do you think you'll be able to keep it goalless or will need to score against Arsenal?i think it would be better suited if you try to keep it goalless it would suit you to try and get a 1-0 at home :)

Im not sure about the arse - liv matches. One of the things that has always helped liverpool against chelsea, and more so against the euro teams, is that they use a euro tactical style of play. Benitez has been able to make a, the, difference in these matches.

Arsenal on the other hand just play to their strenghts which is fast attacking football. Premiership football.....and we all know how poor Liverpool have been in those big 4 match ups.

So it could go either way, can't really see Liverpool scoring this week as I think arsenal will be cautious enough to not commit and keep torres marked. Wenger has already said a 0-0 will be a good result, so either he is trying to con Benitez into thinking another chelsea match or he's just being honest and confident after what happend against Milan.

Liverpool aren't that bad against the other of the Top Four. Last season they beat Arsenal 4-1 with a superb Peter Crouch hatrick, and Chelsea 2-0 with a great strike from Jermaine 'Porridge' Pennant if I remember correctly.

I'm gonna go for a stupidly precise prediction. I think Arsenal will win the first leg 1-0, the only goal coming from a Fabregas tap in... only for the Pool to come out victorious in the second leg with a surprising 2-0 win thanks to a goal from Torres and a flukey long range pebbledasher from Gerrard in the last 5 minutes.

mate they werent much better yesterday, but got the result!

Could have humped you 4-0 in the first half, only down to poor finishing and a lack of commitment in attacking crosses.

Never ever looked like conceeding. Yous lot simply ran the ball into the corner and tried to float the ball in for Reina to hopefully flap at. He didn't, and Sami and Martin dealt with any potential threat.

Inconsiderate fuckers!

Champions League ticket snub for Rick Parry and David Moores

Apr 1 2008

by David Bartlett, Liverpool Daily Post

THE off-the-field turmoil at Liverpool FC hit a new low last night as Rick Parry and David Moores were snubbed in the allocation of tickets for tomorrow’s match with Arsenal.

In an extraordinary development before the first leg of the Champions League quarter final, chief executive Parry, honorary life president Moores and other senior officials were told they did not have tickets for the match.

The north London side have allocated 20 seats for Liverpool directors at The Emirates Stadium.

The Daily Post understands 16 were snapped up by American co-owner Tom Hicks and his family, while four were taken by fellow co-owner George Gillett, leaving none for Parry or Moores who, until last February, was the club’s main shareholder.

After transatlantic negotiations last night over the allocation, Hicks will now take 10 seats, Gillett four, and the remaining six will be made available for Parry, Moores and other officials.

Last night, a club source said: “David Moores was deeply irritated about this at the weekend.

“Rick Parry seems to be relaxed about it, I think he thinks a solution will be found. There’s a couple of days to sort it out, but if it is not, they will be very miffed.”

I don't really care about Coco, but when the board members are not getting tickets, you know there's something wrong.

These 2 are a disgrace to this institution.

Wanna laugh?

http://www.craigcullen.co.uk/

Could you imagine some of those being models, designing their own clothes ranges or advertising mens toiletries?

Just look at Big Ron Atkinson on one of the Man U sticker pages, he looks like he's about to belt out a crooning Sinatra ditty!

so guys its gonna be Fabregas(the cunning & young midfielder) Vs. Mascherano(the Great Hulk). and Flamini(the monster-in-park) Vs. Gerrard(the legend). who do you think will win these midfield battles in each case?

Mascherano and Gerrard. No question.

yea i know u would say that. But i am asking for some neutral views. i think it will be a tough battle between Fabregas and Masch as both are damn good. But between Flamini and Gerrard i guess it'll be Gerrard coz he has more experience in CL, so i guess Wenger has to get some other way to take on Gerrard and Torres. Maybe by cutting supply lines instead of man-marking.

Neville.jpg

I wonder what the tactics will be with regard to those 4.

Gerrard will be pushing up to give support to Torres, so flamini will be marking him. I can see gerrard getting the better of him to be honest, kuyt and babel supporting him.

And if Masch is on a man marking job vs Faberge I think he will win it, he can keep Kaka quite, so cesc shouldnt be too much trouble. However arsenal play in triangles so hleb, ady and whoever else will be coming in aswell. So it wont be a simple 1-on-1 job.

Think Liverpool can win it on the wings as arse go central a lot. If riise/aurelio & Arbeloa push up to help babel and kuyt that could be the way to get something.

I wonder what the tactics will be with regard to those 4.

Gerrard will be pushing up to give support to Torres, so flamini will be marking him. I can see gerrard getting the better of him to be honest, kuyt and babel supporting him.

And if Masch is on a man marking job vs Faberge I think he will win it, he can keep Kaka quite, so cesc shouldnt be too much trouble. However arsenal play in triangles so hleb, ady and whoever else will be coming in aswell. So it wont be a simple 1-on-1 job.

Think Liverpool can win it on the wings as arse go central a lot. If riise/aurelio & Arbeloa push up to help babel and kuyt that could be the way to get something.

I think Cesc will be the key, personally this is just my opinion but i think you lot won't be able to cope with him and he'll a similar job that he did to Milan again just my prediction :))

yes!!! now Babel is a star!!

He is a very good player but he isn't a very good team player at the moment. He has improved alot throughout the season. It probably would not have taken so long if he played more

Back
Top Bottom