Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

I think Cesc will be the key, personally this is just my opinion but i think you lot won't be able to cope with him and he'll a similar job that he did to Milan again just my prediction

Agree on him being key, however when we played them at anfield (during liverpool's poorest form and arse's best form of the season) he wasnt in the game till Alonso got injured and that gave the extra space and left Masch with too many players around him. Till that point he was playing deep as there wasnt any space in the attacking 3rd for him.

Hopefully it will be a good game, can't stand these CL england matches.

:NONO:

He's getting spat at by a Scummy 'fan'

AFAIC you sing your distasteful songs about Liverpool players every fucking game because you have no songs of your own to sing.

thats what i said.
we have many a great song, its just sad we are only heard singing the ste gerrard one, which im sure you'll know 95% of the real fans dont sing. much like 95% of your fansdidnt sing about our players.

Last edited:

I think Cesc will win the midfield battle, although its going to be very tough for him. But i guess Liverpool will just look at counter-attacking and mainly defending. they got 2nd leg at Anfield which i guess will see some goals from Torres and Gerrard. So Arsenal HAS TO WIN today with a good margin.

I think Cesc will win the midfield battle, although its going to be very tough for him. But i guess Liverpool will just look at counter-attacking and mainly defending. they got 2nd leg at Anfield which i guess will see some goals from Torres and Gerrard. So Arsenal HAS TO WIN today with a good margin.

Not at all mate, I would take 0-0 tonight and then go and score up there and give them a problem. Worked liked that against Milan and I wouldn't bet against a repeat.

400x400_JavierMascheranoNew2.jpg

This man will decide the result for us. It just doesn't feel the same when he's not playing :(

Last edited:

Not at all mate, I would take 0-0 tonight and then go and score up there and give them a problem. Worked liked that against Milan and I wouldn't bet against a repeat.

I'm not very sure about that mate but i have a bad feeling that Arsenal mite not do well at Anfield. I hope they do well. But whats the harm if we score 2 goals at home and maybe concede 2 goals and score 1 at Anfield. That would also be good.

400x400_JavierMascheranoNew2.jpg

This man will decide the result for us. It just doesn't feel the same when he's not playing :(

No offence mate, but people said the same thing about Gattuso before the Milan-Arsenal who is much better than Mascherano, but you got the final result. Fabregas could possibly win the battle with him. Mascherano is Stronger physically but Fabregas-mentally.

I'd rather have Masch over Fabregas and Guttuso any day :)

Wouldn't Comment much on this, but Gattuso is a Legend. Maybe its becoz Masch is playing better than Gattuso only this season, but i guess its because of his age. Seriously i wanted Masch to stay for the whole ManU game to see actually how he plays in the Big English Games. Never mind, will see him today.

Wouldn't Comment much on this, but Gattuso is a Legend. Maybe its becoz Masch is playing better than Gattuso only this season, but i guess its because of his age. Seriously i wanted Masch to stay for the whole ManU game to see actually how he plays in the Big English Games. Never mind, will see him today.

Mascherano is a much better player than Gattusso now. Only players that come close to him are Cambiasso and Poulsen.

Fabregas is a different type of player, and probably the best in the world in his position, though Iniesta and Xavi might have a thing or two to say about that. I am confident that Mash can keep Fabregas quiet for the 90 mins. He did it at Anfield even though Mash was injured during that game.

And talking about Mash against big English teams?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-7q8sbiYxs

Most of you should remember this.

Mascherano is a much better player than Gattusso now. Only players that come close to him are Cambiasso and Poulsen.

they're all very different players.
gattuso and poulsen are "pure destroyers", old style defensive midfielders (however putting poulsen on the same level of gattuso is quite a blasphemy :DD)

cambiasso instead doesn't defend as well as gattuso, but has also an amazing vision and a great cutting ability... he's more a low playmaker a la pizarro or a la liverani.

mascherano is a magnificent compromise between gattuso and cambiasso.
he doesn't defend as well as gattuso (gattuso is having a bad season, but we all know what he's all about) and he doesn't "create" football as well as cambiasso..... but he's almost as good as them in both aspects, wich might allow mascherano to become (if he'll keep playing like this in the next few years) a better overall player than gattuso and cambiasso imo.

of course it's still way too early to compare masch to "monsters" like cambiasso and gattuso, but i'd say he's on his way to become a world class player.

the comparison with fabregas is absolutely pointless imo. they're completely different players. the mascherano-flamini match up would be much more appropriate imo:))

Last edited:

lets face it gunners had there fair share of wins againts us so tonight torres n gerrard have to, nae will put this tie at rest tonight i guarantee .

they're all very different players.
gattuso and poulsen are "pure destroyers", old style defensive midfielders (however putting poulsen on the same level of gattuso is quite a blasphemy :DD)

cambiasso instead doesn't defend as well as gattuso, but has also an amazing vision and a great cutting ability... he's more a low playmaker a la pizarro or a la liverani.

mascherano is a magnificent compromise between gattuso and cambiasso.
he doesn't defend as well as gattuso (gattuso is having a bad season, but we all know what he's all about) and he doesn't "create" football as well as cambiasso..... but he's almost as good as them in both aspects, wich might allow mascherano to become (if he'll keep playing like this in the next few years) a better overall player than gattuso and cambiasso imo.

of course it's still way too early to compare masch to "monsters" like cambiasso and gattuso, but i'd say he's on his way to become a world class player.

the comparison with fabregas is absolutely pointless imo. they're completely different players. the mascherano-flamini match up would be much more appropriate imo:))

Gattuso in his prime would be a better player than Mascherano is now, but in the present, Mash is a better player. I am just comparing them, because they play in the similar position. How they carry out their work is different obviously. Oh, and I happen to rate Poulsen very, very highly, though he's a dirty cunt.

I agree, Mascherano has a bit of both Cambiasso, and Gattuso about him. He looks like a pure #5m, who breaks down play, acts as a sweeper, and also initiates attack. And I am convinced he will go onto become even better than both of them. It's amazing that he's only 23 :SHOCK:

Oh, I think Mascherano is already world class. He's the only Liverpool player along with Gerrard who can call themselves world class. (Torres still has one more season before he can reach that IMO).

Talking about Torres, what are you opinions about him now? Do you still think he doesn't score in the 2nd half of the season :-pp

Last edited:

Can't see how you can compare Cesc with Masch or Gattuso. Different types of midfielders. Masch can't spray pinpoint 50 yard passes can he? Masch is more defensive as well.

I'm just talking in a strictly centre-midfield position.

Gattuso in his prime would be a better player than Mascherano is now, but in the present, Mash is a better player.

trouble is, my friend, that u can't judge a player just by watching at the present, because your judgement would be influenced by another factor: the form.

that's why, to truly judge a player, u have to consider his performances through the years.... and by saying this, i'm also replying to your fernando related question.....time will tell us what they're really about.

It's amazing that he's only 23
it's amazing indeed :));))

Talking about Torres, what are you opinions about him now? Do you still think he doesn't score in the 2nd half of the season

i don't think anything mate. i just watch and make my own considerations.
up until now, he already did more than he did in the past years...... but i won't change my opinion until i'll see him performing like he did so far for at least other 3 seasons.

if in the next 3 seasons he'll prove himself on theese levels, then i will change my opinion about him....

constance, that's the threshold between class and form ;))

Mascherano last season kept the worlds greatest quite for 80 minutes I'd hazard a guess that he'll find no difficulty in keeping Cesc under control, for me Flamini and Hleb are the biggest concerns along with the fact that Carra & Stevie are a booking away from missing the 2nd leg.

0-0 or 1-0 to the gooners I reckon.

Mascherano last season kept the worlds greatest quite for 80 minutes I'd hazard a guess that he'll find no difficulty in keeping Cesc under control, for me Flamini and Helb are the biggest concerns along with the fact that Carra & Stevie are a booking away from missing the 2nd leg.

0-0 or 1-0 to the gooners I reckon.

Hleb. He'll be the danger man IMO.

I'd play Arby. He's managed to have Messi in his pocket for 180 mins. I'd tell him to stick like a leech with Hleb.

Last edited:

trouble is, my friend, that u can't judge a player just by watching at the present, because your judgement would be influenced by another factor: the form.

that's why, to truly judge a player, u have to consider his performances through the years.... and by saying this, i'm also replying to your fernando related question.....time will tell us what they're really about.

it's amazing indeed :));))

i don't think anything mate. i just watch and make my own considerations.
up until now, he already did more than he did in the past years...... but i won't change my opinion until i'll see him performing like he did so far for at least other 3 seasons.

if in the next 3 seasons he'll prove himself on theese levels, then i will change my opinion about him....

constance, that's the threshold between class and form ;))

All I'll say is, you're a hard man to please :LOL:

All I'll say is, you're a hard man to please :LOL:

:LOL:
not really my friend. actually i'm astonished by fernando's and javier's performances so far this season..... exactly as i'm amazed by borriello's or mario gomez's performances, just to make 2 others examples.

but world class players prove themselves through the years, so i guess i'll just keep watching them :))

:LOL:
not really my friend. actually i'm astonished by fernando's and javier's performances so far this season..... exactly as i'm amazed by borriello's or mario gomez's performances, just to make 2 others examples.

but world class players prove themselves through the years, so i guess i'll just keep watching them :))

Just joking mate ;))

Actually, I am astonished by Torres' performance as well (not by Mash's tbh). I mean if you look at how he performed in La Liga over the last few years, you won't believe what he's doing. I mean, just look at his goal against Everton. Normally, Torres would have stupidly tried to go around the keeper, or try a chip and go over, but this time, he confidently laid it under him to the goal. I guess a change of manager does make a difference, no? I mean he's always had huge potential IMO. Ever since I first saw him. You always though that once he got the simpler things right, he'd be great. But he never got it at Atletico. He's done it at Liverpool. Though I agree, he needs to prove in at least another season to be counter among the likes of Toni, Villa, Eto etc. You'd do well to keep an eye on him :DD Do keep an eye on Lucas Leiva. I think in 2 years, the fee paid for him would seem a bargain.

Oh, btw, Borriello has been AMAZING! :DANCE:

Abhi, do you watch football all the time? You seem to have a very good knowledge of English, Spanish and Italian players?

Fair do's mate. Both are excellent players at the respective roles in their position and I think both players would walk into most (all?) teams :)

Can't see how you can compare Cesc with Masch or Gattuso. Different types of midfielders. Masch can't spray pinpoint 50 yard passes can he? Masch is more defensive as well.

:applause: Exactly what I was gonna say.

I'd rather Masch than Flamini or Gilberto but I'd take FABregas over Gerrard and Alonso any day!

Abhi, do you watch football all the time? You seem to have a very good knowledge of English, Spanish and Italian players?

Not all the time obviously :-pp

I watch the EPL obviously, mainly the Liverpool games. Occasionally I watch a game here or there, but I am not a big fan of mid table EPL clashes :(

I LOVE La Liga, and watch any match that is shown here. I don't get much Serie A coverage, apart from the one or two live games, but I don't mind watching them, especially any Fiorentina, Roma or Udinese games. Then I'll watch the occasional Bundesliga game, but not much of Bundi for me.

So, really just 4-5 matches a weekend. Not much, but I do love man's greatest creation that is football :-pp

There's no better way to spend a day when you're not out, to be watching footie.

:applause: Exactly what I was gonna say.

I'd rather Masch than Flamini or Gilberto but I'd take FABregas over Gerrard and Alonso any day!

I would have Fabregas over Gerrard in any given game, but if I was to be trailing by a goal and struggling, I know which player to bring. Gerrard maybe inconsistent, but he's one of the few players in the world, who can really turn around a game.

Back
Top Bottom