Liverpool Thread

Yeah but the guy is supposed to be the next big thing in France's defense along with Mexes, you don't feckin go to Rangers if that's the case!!! They're in utter shit street at the moment, 8 points behind before Christmas and out of Europe completely, and they visit Parkhead on Jan 3rd. The only reason they can 'afford' to pay his wages is because de Boer and Mols are off in the summer, which leaves them Egil Ostenstad and Fernando Ricksen :D.

I don't know who's been telling Boumsong the details but perhaps he'd better re-think his decision, Rangers are possibly worse off than Leeds financially, and they have a shit team which is going to get a lot worse before it gets better!

Then again he limped off during Auxerre's latest game with knee ligament damage, money well spent!

think it was due to the fact of gettin a first team place.doubt he'll be in the first team if he joins us,not with houllier always playin biscan....

Liverpool striker Michael Owen will not return to the first team until the new year as he struggles to overcome a thigh injury.

The news today that the England forward will miss the entire Christmas programme is a blow to under-fire manager Gerard Houllier, who is facing mounting criticism after his side slipped to ninth in the Premiership following a 2-1 home defeat to Southampton on Saturday.

Talk around Anfield last week had been about Owen possibly returning this coming weekend for the game against Wolves but the player has suffered another setback. He has now been ruled out of the Boxing Day visit of in-form Bolton and the trip to Manchester City two days later.

Owen last played in the UEFA Cup second round second leg victory over Steaua Bucharest at Anfield on November 27 but limped off a minute from time with the thigh injury.

He has played only five times since October 4 and his absence during the forthcoming month could deal a severe blow to Liverpool's hopes of getting their quest for Champions League qualification back on track.

Houllier insists that he will guide Liverpool to a place in Europe's top competition next season providing he has a fully fit squad at his disposal.

But the Frenchman, furious that other names are being linked to his job, is convinced the team can turn the corner once players like Owen, Harry Kewell and Milan Baros regain fitness.

Houllier told the club's official website: 'We have six first-team players out and it is difficult.

'We were missing a lot of important players but we still should have won the game and, so far, we are only three points away from the Champions League.

'Instead of putting [Celtic manager] Martin O'Neill back in the picture, perhaps you can explain that this is why we are struggling. My focus is on my team, not on what is said and written.

'The chairman [David Moores] said something earlier in the week which is merely what I have been saying all along, and yet it was made to sound like if we don't finish fourth I'll get the sack. So what? Not a problem.

'All I'm working on long term is for the club and the people here, and it's difficult at the moment.'

Hahaha how f*ckin funny was that....

2-1 !!!!

And the stupid f*ckin scousers still persist in painting stupid banners with pointless messages on them...

They showed on saturday saying something like....

"lfc, above us only sky"

WTF, have they not seen the league table recently, or the past few years for that reason....

Maybe if they had one saying "this used to be anfield" people might take them seriously....

My only hope now is that you sack GH and get Keegan LOL!!!!

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Hahaha how f*ckin funny was that....

2-1 !!!!

And the stupid f*ckin scousers still persist in painting stupid banners with pointless messages on them...

They showed on saturday saying something like....

"lfc, above us only sky"

WTF, have they not seen the league table recently, or the past few years for that reason....

Maybe if they had one saying "this used to be anfield" people might take them seriously....

My only hope now is that you sack GH and get Keegan LOL!!!!

what can i say man?these are tough times.but we'll get rid of houllier soon.....

466594099.jpg

Robbie Fowler may not play for Liverpool any more but the lad still has the club in his heart and proof of that was evident over the weekend when the striker reminded the Old Trafford faithful how many European Cups the Reds have won.

Before the game kicked off a United fan won a Man U v Man City penalty competition and gave a double V-sign to the City supporters. Then at full-time, Fowler - who was booed throughout the game for his Liverpool connections - gave a four fingured reminder to the Stretford End about Liverpool's past success in Europe. It didn't go down too well but we doubt the Liverpool legend will lose any sleep over it.

Dont ya just love him??

Anfield has been rocked with the news that defender Steve Finnan has suffered an injury setback.

The Irish international has suffered a further problem with his calf strain and will almost certainly miss Liverpool's Christmas programme.

Ironically Michael Owen suffered a fresh setback earlier in the week and was ruled out until at least the New Year.

"This is one of the most disappointing spells I have ever had in management," said Houllier.

"I just wish we could get all our players back. We are as good as anyone when we have our personnel."

Liverpool and Tottenham have both been linked with a possible January swoop for Bolton ace Jay-Jay Okocha.

The Nigerian midfielder is available on a Bosman in the summer as he is yet to agree a new deal with Bolton and with Gerard Houllier desperately looking to bring in new blood the 30-year-old will almost certainly be considered.

Newspaper reports over the weekend claimed that Liverpool were interested and that a small bid may be offered when the transfer window re-opens.

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce is unhappy that his board have failed to offer the player a new deal

we are also currently bein linked with nottingham forest's 5mill rated centre back,michael dawson.here's what i dont f*ckin get,why pay 5mill for a first division player when we could have had a promisin,young,french international centre back,boumsong for free??????boumsong has now signed a pre agreement contract with rangers!!!it's things like this which really pisses me off.what the f*ck is houllier thinkin??!!???!

also currently linked with hofland(psv) and JFH....thats jimmy floyd hasselwank.think we should sign him,just to get the prick to stop scorin against us every time we play chelsea......

At the moment we are getting linked with every player under the sun. There are some rumours that are on a cycle in the papers and when they have nothing better to write about then they stick in another Liverpool transfer story

This story from Alan Hansen is from this mornings paper
ALAN HANSEN has become the latest Liverpool legend to stick the boot in on manager Gerard Houllier.

The former Scotland star reckons Houllier’s side need major surgery before they can reclaim their place among England’s elite.

And BBC pundit Hansen insists the Kop club should have the strength in depth to overcome injuries to the likes of Michael Owen and Harry Kewell.

Liverpool’s 2-1 defeat by Southampton was their fourth home Premiership defeat of the season and fifth in total.

Anfield hero Ian St John has called for Houllier to go and Hansen, who made 621 Reds appearances in a glittering career, also believes the Frenchman is running out of excuses.

He insisted: “There was a time when it was the opposition at Anfield who would be restricted to a 10-minute spell when they gained the upper hand. Now it’s the other way round.

“There was a time when you went to Anfield in the knowledge that Liverpool were going to win. Now I go more in hope.

“I fear for them defensively because they look vulnerable.

“I take no pleasure from watching Liverpool in trouble. I know how much Gerard and Phil Thompson have put into this team and I know how many injuries they have.

“But there are fundamental problems with this team that have to be solved if they are to get a Champions League spot.

“Without Owen and Kewell it is only natural that Liverpool will struggle to score. With Milan Baros out of the team as well, Houllier has a real problem.

“But this is Liverpool we are talking about. Injuries are part and parcel of football.

“Owen’s injury has highlighted the fact that the goals have come from just one part of the team.

“Emile Heskey has been made a scapegoat too many times. But against Southampton on Saturday we saw he is still unsure whether he’s a striker or midfielder.

“Owen’s pace terrifies defences and Heskey has the ability to do the same.

“At the back, I fear for a team that can’t defend high up the pitch. Two years ago, Stephane Henchoz and Sami Hyypia, with Didi Hamann in front, were solid.

“But Hyypia and Hamann lack pace, which means they have to defend deep. That means Liverpool cannot squeeze teams or put them under the kind of pressure that their attackers can thrive on.

“It is impossible to ignore the lack of strength in depth. It seems inconceivable that the ‘big three’ in the Premiership no longer includes Liverpool.

“Every team struggle at some point but Liverpool have been poor too often. Yes, the buck stops with the manager. He buys the players and he picks the team. But if his players want to help him, then nothing beats a win.”

Houllier defended his players again following the Saints defeat.

Unfortunately for Houllier, those are the same men he will be defending when he is clearing his desk. His odds have been slashed from 3-1 to 6-4 to be the next Premiership chief axed.

Haha I see fowler is like many of his scouse peers and is still harbouring back to days lfc we're a big club even though he's not old enough to remember them...

Its that sort of thing that only reinforces lfc current status, winning those cups so long ago and being so far away from winning it again, or The Prem for that matter, only shows how far you've fallen.

Sh*t you might aswell get Forest fans on here talking about going unbeaten for a season and winning two European Cups back to back.

At approximately 8.30am this morning, Gerard Houllier was arrested under the Crimes Against Football Act (1972).
insphou.gif

Amongst the charges being levelled are:
1) Procuring to buy illegal over-priced, over-rated players.
2) Continually playing Heskey; a Weapon of Mass Destruction to LFC.
3) Failing to implement the 1998 accord (the 5 year plan).
4) Failing to assist in the search of Major Trophies (League, Champions League).
5) Executing class, exciting players from LFC (Litmanen, Anelka...)
6) Propogating false information (post match interviews)
7) The brutal slaughter of LFC's beloved 'Pass & Move'

The authorities are pleading for more witnesses to come forward and offering more evidence for which to charge this brutal (to watch) dictator (of poor tacics)....

_39061593_min-ap-203body.jpg

"It's a Lie I tell you, a Lie, he has not been caught. He is today now being made a Director of the Club, for all his hard work and magnificent ability."

"We will win the League this season, The champions League next season along with the FA cup"

"I tell you, the man is a managerial genius, in fact I think a Statue of Mr. Houllier should be placed along side the Shankly Gates in his honour."

LOL!!!!

Misfit your actually funny than real scousers at the mo....

They should make you an hounary scouser IMHO...

Give ZZZ a whistle im sure he could nick you a certificate or someting.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
LOL!!!!

that aint me man,credit goes to the posters of www.koptalk.com.it got me laughin as well....

Misfit said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
LOL!!!!

that aint me man,credit goes to the posters of www.koptalk.com.it got me laughin as well....

lol ive gotta admitt they can be funny on that site, its actually given me some ammo in the past....

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Ey misfit how come your not booked anymore??

I've hardly been on for weeks and im still booked....

Its because, my friend, you are a twat ;)

That incredible footage, shot on Saturday evening, that we've all
seen on TV over the last few days.

A dazed, disheveled and clearly bewildered man being led from his temporary shelter.

The slow realisation that the mighty empire, he thought he ruled, had crumbled and that the game was finally up.

Finally, knowing that, instead of being loved as he assumed, he was hated by his own people, and laughed at by everybody else.

And Phil Thompson next to him didn't look much better!

Back
Top Bottom