Liverpool Thread

Considering how injury prone Kirkland is, it would be a mistake for Liverpool to sell Dudek. He should only be allowed to leave if he wants to. Liverpool need two top class keepers. If Dudek is sold and Kirkland is injured we only have an unproven Frenchman who hasn't played a game at the highest level in his life.

Midget Pimp said:
Considering how injury prone Kirkland is, it would be a mistake for Liverpool to sell Dudek. He should only be allowed to leave if he wants to. Liverpool need two top class keepers. If Dudek is sold and Kirkland is injured we only have an unproven Frenchman who hasn't played a game at the highest level in his life.

If we do sell Dudek we can always buy someone who Houllier considers a great player but look what that has go us over the last couple of seasons. Its definately a worry

apparently Stuttgart are after Stephan Henchoz, according to planetfootball.com, whose contract expires at the end of the season

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,31-1114632,00.html

also, a work colleague informed me that Houllier has been warned by Moores that if we don't qualify for the Champions League, then he's going to be asked to leave.

However, I've only seen Moores state that we need to qualify for the Champions League and nothing about this supposed warning to Houllier

your thoughts?

Sell Dudek, take the money and run... It's not like Houllier is good as utilizing players. He made Anelka look like shite for the spell he was here.

At least if he sells Dudek, the next manager can spend the money.

Slapnuts said:
Houllier has been warned by Moores that if we don't qualify for the Champions League, then he's going to be asked to leave.

However, I've only seen Moores state that we need to qualify for the Champions League and nothing about this supposed warning to Houllier

your thoughts?

That quote was taken from the annual report, Dave Moores has said the same thing for the last 5 years. From what I have heard during the day there is no truth to the rumour that he will leave should we not qualify for the Champs League again

CWright said:
Slapnuts said:
Houllier has been warned by Moores that if we don't qualify for the Champions League, then he's going to be asked to leave.

your thoughts?

That quote was taken from the annual report, Dave Moores has said the same thing for the last 5 years. From what I have heard during the day there is no truth to the rumour that he will leave should we not qualify for the Champs League again
and since players like owen are getting fed up with just uefa cup, they want some CL action as well, i honestly don't see him leaving anfield just for CL purposes, but supposed he did? selling dudek as well would mean looking for an all rounded striker up front to replace owen

-azn

I think lfc are doing brilliiant!! They are well on their way to glory, first GH said lfc are 5 years from greatness. then it was 10 games, now its obvious that they are paining to realise that they are infact 30 miles from Greatness.

But lets not get hung up on logistics, its christmas....

Happy Christmas scousers...

sing along.

"feed the scousers, let them know its christmas time"

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
I think lfc are doing brilliiant!! They are well on their way to glory, first GH said lfc are 5 years from greatness. then it was 10 games, now its obvious that they are paining to realise that they are infact 30 miles from Greatness.

But lets not get hung up on logistics, its christmas....

Happy Christmas scousers...

sing along.

"feed the scousers, let them know its christmas time"

PRICK!

PS:nice to have ya back man........

uefacup3.gif

now it looks intrestin doesnt it?lots of big names there.should be a great fourth round provided we overcome the bulgarians.got this strong feelin we'll draw one of the big guns next.im just hopin its celtic,we owe em'.....big time

Liverpool are not prepared to entertain bids for Swiss defender Stephane Henchoz following interest from Bundesliga leaders Stuttgart who qualified for the knock-out stages of the Champions League earlier this week.

Word from Anfield suggests Gerard Houllier still sees Henchoz as an important member of the squad and despite the fairly decent performances of Igor Biscan, Henchoz is still seen as a first team player despite his injury nightmare recently.

Liverpool currently losing 2-0 at home, Newcastle winning 4-0, I think Houllier better book a holiday soon because he's about to have a lot of free time on his hands.

muthaf*ckin livid!cant believe the shit thats happenin to us.another defeat (at anfield!!)to the saints.what the f*ck is goin on?currently languishin 9th on the table.this is seriously gettin very bad for my health.please,please mr parry,get rid of houllier now!!!!lets just have rush as manager for the meantime.king kenny did it for us without havin any sort of managerial experience,sure(or hopin)rushie would do it for us as well.terrible game yesterday with the only good thing comin out of it was otsemobor's performance.he looks really comfy on the ball,makes lovely runs and is decent at defendin.hell,we've got heggem back!!i'll seriously be f*ckin amazed if houllier is still charge come next season.......then again,stranger things have happened in football...

PS:thoughts please on rush as manager?

Liverpool aren't anywhere near as good as last season. Plenty of shock results today with the trotters beating Chealsea.

rodney king said:
Liverpool aren't anywhere near as good as last season. Plenty of shock results today with the trotters beating Chealsea.

dont even think we were good last season...youre right i guess,we're gettin worse...

Liverpool over the years have always been a team that were rock solid at the back, they seem to leek many goals during a game.Maybe it's time for Hansen & lawrenson to come out of retirement. ;)

bobogol said:
Liverpool over the years have always been a team that were rock solid at the back, they seem to leek many goals during a game.Maybe it's time for Hansen & lawrenson to come out of retirement. ;)

thx alot for makin me feel a wee bit better thinkin we used to have babb,ruddock,wright,kvarme at the back and not anymore.thank heavens for hyppia/henchoz...

Another loss at home, Anfield is becoming the place to go to pick up 3 points.

What can we do?

If liverpool manages to play better in upcoming weeks, they should arrange to 5th place, after that 4th . Although 4th place is like a dream for liverpool now :roll:

Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard has admitted he may have to consider leaving Anfield if the club cannot match his ambition.

England international Gerrard recently agreed a new four-year contract with Liverpool and hopes to help them into the Champions League.

But Liverpool are currently struggling to stay in contention for the Premiership's fourth Champions League qualifying spot and Gerrard admits he will not be content with such a situation forever.

Gerrard told the Sunday Mirror: 'I have just signed a long-term contract and I signed it because I believe Liverpool will be back in the Champions League and challenging for the title.

'But I also know that things in football don't always go the way you think they will.

'If we don't qualify for the Champions League over the next couple of seasons then I would have to think very seriously about things. I would owe it to myself to take another look at my future.'

Watched the game, total waste of time. Our first shot on target was in the 2nd half....and this at home.
Yes, we have a terribly long injury list with Owen, Kewell, Henchoz, Finnan out.
Now with Gerrard and Owen sounding the warning bells, it's not difficult to see that this will be GH's last season if we as expected finish below 4th place.
We desperately need our best players back to full fitness.

I'm just back from vacation, what are the latest transfer speculation for Liverpool ?

mathewsss said:
I'm just back from vacation, what are the latest transfer speculation for Liverpool ?

There is no new transfer specualtion on the Liverpool front, the manager thinks that our squad is big enough as it is. Has he been watching us lately?!?!

Liverpool needs to snag one really good player in the transfer window... and then at somepoint, Liverpool is going to need to find a manager (and it could be Houllier) that is going to make up some creative tactic for Liverpool to utilize to make up for the lack of depth in the squad.

I'm tired of hearing about players not being good enough, Houllier (or somebody) is either going to have to improve the players (which doesn't seem to be happening) or to create a system which makes the players we've got perform better.

Good managers/coaches should be able to make a difference in the way their team plays. GH really hasn't done a thing to make his average players perform well, something a good manager can do.

ClassicD said:
mind you he needs his head looked at for doing so.

Easy choice, if you're after the money :twisted: Play in Scotland for £50k a week where you'll look like a world class player thanks to the quality of the opposition, or play in the Premiership where you'll get tested much, much harder...... for the same money....

Back
Top Bottom