Liverpool Thread

A wins a win Misfit, you said we would go through on a 0-0. We looked good at times but we just couldnt get through their defence, when Heskey came on I knew we werent gonna score any more goals ;)

hey,im with ya on that(a wins a win) but im not really excited bout the uefa cup.and now with likes of roma,barca and not forgettin the CL rejects who will join us in the next round,i think i can safely say that our chances of winnin it are very,very slim indeed.i'd rather we concentrate on makin it to next seasons CL....

birmin"fuckin"ham this sunday,lets hope we whoop their asses.im goin for a 3-0 win....

_39537668_kewell2_emp300x200.jpg

he wasn't supposed to show his goku's powers at the game :(

Liverpool striker Michael Owen has been ruled out of action for at least the next three weeks due to the thigh injury which he sustained last night against Steaua.

Owen underwent a scan today and the Liverpool manager confirmed it wasn't good news.

Houllier said: "It is a blow to lose Michael at this stage as he has just come back and was getting near to full fitness.

"Michael will rest for a few days then have treatment. I hope to have him available before Christmas but he will be out for three weeks."

Misfit said:
Liverpool striker Michael Owen has been ruled out of action for at least the next three weeks due to the thigh injury which he sustained last night against Steaua.

Owen underwent a scan today and the Liverpool manager confirmed it wasn't good news.

Houllier said: "It is a blow to lose Michael at this stage as he has just come back and was getting near to full fitness.

"Michael will rest for a few days then have treatment. I hope to have him available before Christmas but he will be out for three weeks."

More

Liverpool's Michael Owen has been ruled out for three weeks after scans revealed he tore a thigh muscle in the Uefa Cup win against Steua Bucharest.

Boss Gerard Houliier had hoped Owen would be fit to face Birmingham on Sunday, despite limping off late in Thursday's 1-0 win at Anfield.

But Houllier revealed an examination had discovered "torn muscle fibres" in his right leg.

Owen now faces a spell on the sidelines after the latest injury blow in a frustrating season.

Houllier said: "It is not just a strain and the scan proved something was wrong. He will need to rest for the first few days then proper treatment.

"Once he is recovered we will have to build the muscle up through rehabilitation. It is nothing to do with any previous problems he has had. It was purely an accident when he played the ball."

It just gets better and better. If only Emile Heskey was up to the job of covering for him

Can we recall Mellor from his loan spell at West Ham seeing as we are short of strikers? Surely they would let us now they have discovered how to score goals

So for today it will will probably be Heskey and Pongolle up front unless he shocks us and plays Kewell up front with Pongolle and plays Smicer on the left therefore leaving Heskey on the bench

If you`re reading this Gerard thats what I would do ;)

via koptalk...

Reports originating from France claim that Jean Alain-Boumsong's proposed move to Anfield has collapsed because the player has failed to agree personal terms with the Reds.

It is reported that agent Richard Bettoni has now opened talks with Inter Milan while Liverpool consider whether they should meet the player's 'take it or leave it' demands.

Additional claims state that Bettoni has been meeting Inter officials this week. These reports could be just the player's agent cleverly manipulating the media to his advantage to try and secure a better deal for his player.

Auxerre have admitted that the player will leave them soon and a transfer to Anfield looks nailed on. We advise you to look out for further updates from credible sources and not to start worrying just yet.

via koptalk...

AC Milan have confirmed that Brazilian ace Rivaldo is about to make an imminent exit from the club.

Liverpool have been linked with the player since the summer and according to recent reports, the Reds have been negotiating with the player's agent with regards to a possible free transfer to Anfield in January.

The club's vice-president Adriano Galliani today said: "It is with great sadness that I have to say that Rivaldo will leave Milan within a few days.

"He has been unable to find a place in the team and so without doubt he will play for another club from January."

Anfield is expected to host two VIP guests tomorrow and a transfer target is expected to be shown the Melwood facilities on Wednesday. Insider sources are unsure if either of these arrangements have any connection to Rivaldo's departure from Milan.

The Brazilian has been linked with a host of clubs including Chelsea and Spurs.

via koptalk(best news ive heard all year)..

Blackburn Rovers have approached Liverpool with regards to the availability of Emile Heskey.

No bid as yet has been made by the Premiership outfit who are confident that Gerard Houllier is willing to sell.

Rovers chief executive John Williams has indicated that they are interested in signing the England international but only if a deal can go through in January. Only time will tell whether or not that will interest Gerard Houllier.

A source close to Rovers told us this morning: "Graeme has approached Liverpool to see if they would be interested in selling Emile.

"Connections of the manager believe that the player is available and a bid could follow within weeks."

Insider sources report that Heskey's agent is currently trying to find the player a new club. Celtic and Birmingham City are two other clubs that have been linked with a player who may benefit from a move.

A good 3-1 win today, hopefully this will be the start of a good run for us

A very nice finish from Heskey yesterday, if only he could of done that against manure a few weeks back.

Yeah we should let him go, I think he'd do good at another club and seeing as Larsson is leaving Celtic at the end of this season then maybe that may be where he is going.

As for Rivaldo let him jump on the bandwagon at Chelsea, like I said before after what's happened to him at Milan you'd think he'd have more sense and integrity.

As for Boumsong let him go to Inter and become an average player...(like so many of the past)

Hopefully we can press to get Cisse early or even Diego(if that materialises again)

Worryingly enough MON of course is a big fan of big strikers, not to mention he was Heskey's boss at Leicester City. However there's no way in hell Celtic will match what Liverpool will want for him, or what he'll want in wages - the SPL simply doesn't allow for it. Plus Heskey will no doubt have noticed that a FAR superior player to him in Chris Sutton has been playing out of his skin up here as well as in the CL and not even been considered for England.

We have Hartson and Sutton anyway, plus Maloney and Beattie coming through, you're not fobbing that big shite off on us ;).

well... IMO heskey wants a CL team... celtic is one, and like you said D, internationals like hartson and (should-be-international) in sutton, young uns like maloney and (whos beattie?) heskey will just be a uesless striker demanding another transfer, to a club where he will start... soo wel i havent said much about where houllier should "fob that big shite" ...

-azn

ps maybe to france, they could always use another striker

We face Bolton tonight in the Carling Cup. Itll be interesting to see what kind of a side Houllier puts out, hopefully he will play the best team we have available coz if we dont take Bolton seriously then we will be out of the Cup tonight

Liverpool 'keeper Jerzy Dudek has been tipped to figure against Bolton when the two sides meet in the League Cup on Wednesday.

French starlet Anthony Le Tallec has also been tipped to start in a strong line-up for the Reds. Although Gerard Houllier is taking the competition seriously, Bolton boss Sam Allardyce has hinted that he will field a weakened side for the match.

He said: "The players are going to want to play at Anfield but, as always, the players will play and the manager will manage.

"The manager's heart will not over-rule his head because the manager wants to get to the Carling Cup final but he doesn't want to be like Bryan Robson and get relegated in the process."

im not even gonna think bout us losin this...we cant....

Misfit said:

We must think positive, Heskey is in the form of his life and as long as someone gives him a hug before the match starts everything will be okay

CWright said:
Misfit said:

We must think positive, Heskey is in the form of his life and as long as someone gives him a hug before the match starts everything will be okay
he ll need to stick to basics, you guys DO have a good bench, and if the strikers make their shots, halfbacks support the strikers and come back for the fullbacks (what a good team will do) then the pool are capable of beating bolton by more than several gols :D

-azn

CWright said:
Misfit said:

well what do ya know...we just keep f*ckin up do we?geordies next and shudder to think we'll f*ck up again...

I knew that it was gonna be bad news when I saw that Diao and Traore were in the starting line-up.

I really cant think of anything else to say on the matter.......Bollocks!

Man this inconsistency is driving me nuts. Well at least now we don't have the ready made excuse for GH to blame too many fixtures for not making 4th place.

Given the way this season has gone if someone offered me 4th place in the PL and the Uefa Cup I'd bite their hands off.

Newcastle is a must win game this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom