Liverpool Thread

About Kewell and his smack talkin bout how United are destined to go into a downturn....he should eat back his words or hold it till the rematch comes at OT.I just hate the way he reacted after he scored the goal against us...where was his fighting spirit?..he just walked away...and its about 10 mins more of playin time...I think it would be different if a real scouser scored,like Murphy or Gerrard even,they would pick the ball out of the fookin net and rally up his mates....but not Kewell,hes a brat.

obviously demento wasnt thinkin that when he tried to buy him did he?and im sure ya werent thinkin that as well when ya lot were linked with him as well did ya?no one gives a f*ck bout ya bullshit opinion so keep ya trashtalk in ya manure thread alright?

PS:kewell was and is right,manure are on a downturn,they wont win sweet f*ck all this time round,its arsenal's trophy.and just a matter of time before ya lot get knocked the f*ck out in the C/L...

Misfit said:
obviously demento wasnt thinkin that when he tried to buy him did he?and im sure ya werent thinkin that as well when ya lot were linked with him as well did ya?no one gives a f*ck bout ya bullshit opinion so keep ya trashtalk in ya manure thread alright?

PS:kewell was and is right,manure are on a downturn,they wont win sweet f*ck all this time round,its arsenal's trophy.and just a matter of time before ya lot get knocked the f*ck out in the C/L...

Whoa Misfit!!!

Chill out fella....

I thought you might have got over us beating you 2-1 @ Anfield on Sunday 9/11/03 ;) :D

I agree with you on us not winning anything this year, if we hadnt won The Championship last year it'd be different, but this year isnt the same, I want someone else to win it other than us and the arse (even though they've only won it twice).

But trust mate, we are far from on the down turn ;)

It is starting to look like GH's time is up though....

I hope Rivaldo signs for an English club at least, not sure whether Liverpool need him with Kewell but if his wage demands aren't excessive it'd be a steal :)

Why do some Liverpool supporters have to hope Arsenal win the trophies? Support your own clubs!
I was in the pub for the United V Arsenal game few months back, and there was this loon jumping around cheering when Ruud hit the bar. I shouted "Where the hell is your Arsenal shirt?" His mates laughed and replied "He is a Liverpool fan".

I would NEVER go to watch Liverpool, unless we are playing them. Just goes to show that the scousers love watching proper football, `cause their club doesn`t provide it.

Oh, I gotta say it again - 2-1 GIGGSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

hahaha, well i think you have gone over yer head by calling only man utd football, proper, it takes time for harry to settle in, he and owen (providing he doesn't leave) will start thinking alike, and score spectacular gols like we do! ;)

-azn

im not hopin arsenal wins the title just statin who i think will win it.i'd hope for us to win it but im not gonna be dumb and blindly say we'll win it or are able to win it.no doubt manure are and have been a better side than us for the past ten/eleven years or so.but arsenal look a better outfit than ya lot this year round....

PS:manure are on a downturn,this aint the scottish premier league where only two teams compete forever.the likes of chelsea are seriously on the up and we will very soon(as soon as houllier leaves) be makin a serious challenge for the title.then the likes of fletcher,one trick pony,the "wrong" brazilian are not gonna be able to pick ya guys up..

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Misfit said:

Whoa Misfit!!!

Chill out fella....

I thought you might have got over us beating you 2-1 @ Anfield on Sunday 9/11/03 ;) :D

I agree with you on us not winning anything this year, if we hadnt won The Championship last year it'd be different, but this year isnt the same, I want someone else to win it other than us and the arse (even though they've only won it twice).

But trust mate, we are far from on the down turn ;)

It is starting to look like GH's time is up though....

1)will never get over the fact that we lost to ya guys not untill we beat ya lot at OT next year(one can hope!).
2)ya guys are on the downturn.not bein able to buy the players ya want and settlin for the wrong players are actions of a club on the downturn.
3)GH has to go in order for us to make a serious challenge for the title away from arsenal...

i understand where yer coming from mate, but i honestly do not think we are in a down turn, it's hard to say, we have been mediocre in the prem, and just where we want to be in the CL, we don't need to go tops in the group stage, going through is fine

-azn

Houllier's excuse to why his five year plan wouldnt work

By David Maddock, The Mirror

GERARD Houllier believes the Roman Abramovich factor is such a threat that even Manchester United and Arsenal fear the fall-out.

The Liverpool manager was speaking yesterday as he considered the fifth anniversary of his assuming sole control at Anfield.

Houllier has set himself a five-year target of winning the Premiership, and even though – with Liverpool in 10th place at the moment – he looks a little behind target, he believes he is still on course to land the ultimate prize in English football.

The French coach adds one condition, though and that is the Abramovich factor. Houllier knows even United and Arsenal, never mind Liverpool, cannot compete should the Russian billionaire continue to throw around his cash.

Forced

And he insists he and the rest of the Premiership would be forced to give up should any other billionaires happen to fancy getting themselves a hobby like Abramovich.

Houllier is a close friend of Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger and has a good relationship with Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United. He can sense the worry emanating from both clubs about the arrival of Chelsea as a genuine force.

“At the end of my first season in charge at Anfield, I talked about winning the league in five years time. And I think we can still do that,” Houllier explained.

“I said that in 1999 and I still believe that, but there is the Chelsea factor to consider. We can win the league so long as another Roman Abramovich doesn’t come along at another rival club.

“I think Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger are as concerned as I am about things like that.

“The arrival of Abramovich has changed everything in English soccer, and not necessarily for the better.

“Manchester United and Arsenal know, as much as we do, that it is impossible to compete against the sort of money Chelsea are spending. If there are more clubs like that, then it makes life very difficult.”

Houllier himself has spent in excess of £110million since he arrived at Anfield, but he has done that over five seasons and recouped almost half of the outlay in sales.

Chelsea have spent more in a single summer, with the promise of more to come when the transfer window reopens in January. And Houllier believes that poses a threat to the very fabric of football.

“If you get a couple of people like Abramovich, then it will be all about buying success, and nothing else. And that will cause problems to the entire game,” he said.

“Sides like Manchester United and Liverpool have spent money, but not on that scale. And they have always combined it with a policy of developing from within.

“At Liverpool, our team is based on the youngsters who have come through the system, developing them and supplementing them with purchases.

“It is important there’s a sense of community for club and fans, an identity. Manchester United do the same, even if they can spend large amounts of money if necessary. What would be damaging is if it becomes just a contest about who can spend the most money in winning the championship – and that could happen if more people like Roman Abramovich come along.

“Of course it is exciting to see what Chelsea are doing and I am as excited about it as anyone, because you want to see what happens. But where will it stop?”

United will just about be able to compete with Abramovich even if he continues to spend money at the same rate, but the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool will simply be blown away.

Models

Houllier accepts that but he also argues it means he – and his counterparts such as Wenger – must place even more emphasis on team-building and group identity within his squad.

“I think we will always have that sense of spirit and bonding you get from the community, and we will have to use that to our advantage,” he said.

“We’ve seen Michael Owen come through from schoolboy to European Footballer of the Year, and Steven Gerrard went from the juniors to being captain of this club. They are the models for others to follow.

“We are building here at Liverpool, striving to improve and develop, even if we have had some setbacks on the way. I firmly believe that we are still progressing towards our ultimate goal, even if the likes of Chelsea make it much harder.”

what bout the millions he spend is what id really like to know....

How are United on a "downturn"? With what evidence? 2 losses in the league, 1 in the Champions League, we are breathing down Chelsea and Arsenal`s necks? If Liverpool were doing that well would they still be on a "downturn"? We have a big squad, with lots of young talent, and if you go to Sky Sports.com, Fergie wants to invest in a few more players when the transfer window opens. There is only everything to look forward to in the United camp . . . . .

like i said in my earlier post man,not bein able to get the likes of top players(kewell,goofy)and settlin for the "wrong"players(kleberson,not the right one) says alot.big squad?fortune,one trick pony, p.neville,forlan?young talent?fletcher?how is a scotsman ever a talent in the first place?we had the last talented scotsman(souness).the likes of beckhams,giggs,are not brought out of the youth team every season.you are no ajax...

just in case you were wonderin who "one trick pony" is...

ronaldo.gif

Ronaldo will be HUGE wait and see. I have seen him tear defenses up for Sporting in the past. He is only 18 for Gods sake!!!!!! Klebs is yet to play properly, he has to adjust - just like a Pires did years back, he was shite at first, now look at him. United invest for the future - whats the point in paying millions for a 27 year old? You only get 3 years out of him - then what?
As for Ajax? Don`t make me laugh - I`m glad we are no Ajax. :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, why have you got a pic of Heskey above? ;)

im seriously glad youre no ajax as well. bergkamp,kluivert,davids,seedorf,reizeger,van der vaart,van der meyde etc were players from thier youth team(just to name a few).and they just keep producin them...

This is a Liverpool thread, can the Mancs please go and post in their own thread as this constant bickering is really getting on my tits

sorry mate, but was it here that i heard that van der vaart was making a move to anfield?

-azn

This is a Liverpool thread, can the Mancs please go and post in their own thread as this constant bickering is really getting on my tits

Its not bickering, its constructive criticism. Thats what these forums are for, right?

liverpool? van de vaart? any other possibilities from this coming january transfer market?

-azn

footieBalla said:
liverpool? van de vaart? any other possibilities from this coming january transfer market?

-azn

If we bought everyone we were linked with then we would have a squad the size of Chelseas. Its best to wait and see what actually happens rather than coming here and throwing random names into the hat

I really think Rivaldo will join the scousers, at least he will be guaranteed a game at Liverpool! :D

soo that's a good start, strengthening up the midfield, though his numbers are not overwhelmingly convincing, he is a sparkling youngster... no doubt he will do well in anfield... if its "very likely"

-azn

footieBalla said:
soo that's a good start, strengthening up the midfield, though his numbers are not overwhelmingly convincing, he is a sparkling youngster... no doubt he will do well in anfield... if its "very likely"

-azn

who are we on bout here?rivaldo(sarcasm on ya part)?cisse(striker not midfielder)?van der vaart(no way he'll be joinin us,barca most likely)?ya lost me there....

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier is spending the international week in talks with Auxerre.
Houllier hopes to convince Auxerre to part with striker Djibril Cisse and Jean Alain Boumsong in January.

Both French youngsters are on record saying they are ready to join Liverpool at the end of the season.

The Mirror says Houllier plans to test Auxerre's resolve by placing a £10 million transfer kitty on the table in talks this week.

Liverpool striker Michael Owen has already opened talks over a new contract at Anfield.
Owen told the News of the World: "The initial talks were very positive and encouraging and they will continue next year. There is no immediate rush. Don't forget, I still have 18 months left on my contract.

"I am not panicking and I know the Liverpool manager, chairman and chief executive are not panicking either. I cannot help it if some people are jumping to the wrong conclusions. There are plenty of good reasons why I should want to stay at Liverpool.

"I have never been happier with my life off the field. I became a dad for the first time earlier this year and have just moved into my new house. Also, my family live close buy and everyone knows what a family-orientated person I am.

"On the field I know there have been disappointments this season but we are still involved in every competition. We have slipped behind in the title race but it is much too early to write us off. It is not going to take much for us to turn our season around completely.

"Of course, I want to play in the Champions League but I am no different to anyone else at Liverpool. The whole club needs it because of the profile and the money it generates.

"But I have never said I will leave if we don't qualify next season.

"As far as speculation linking me with Spanish clubs is concerned, I cannot comment about that because I don't know anything about it.

"But I have never categorically stated I want to play abroad. A few years ago I said it is an option I might want to consider at some time in the future."

There was another `Alan Smith to Liverpool` story over the weekend. This story just wont die down although I cant see us signing him even though Leeds need the cash

Back
Top Bottom