Liverpool Thread

Its not as big a game for the united fans as it has been in the past, seeing as Liverpool arent what they used to be ;) I cant wait though! I went to the 4-0 at OT last season, wish I was going tomorrow to see a repeat!! Anelka to Man Utd though? I've heard that from a number of people, and we do need another striker, if Ruud gets injured, we're screwed, we need another top striker, becasue Forlan wont continue what he's doing!

By the way, I'm new, so Hi everyone!

Rick said:
Its not as big a game for the united fans as it has been in the past, seeing as Liverpool arent what they used to be ;) I cant wait though! I went to the 4-0 at OT last season, wish I was going tomorrow to see a repeat!! Anelka to Man Utd though? I've heard that from a number of people, and we do need another striker, if Ruud gets injured, we're screwed, we need another top striker, becasue Forlan wont continue what he's doing!

haha hey rick whats up, i love that quote you have in your sig... brings back memories doesnt it... but yes wrighty this is a lpool thread, soo i ll just make it quick, im against anelka coming our way because bellion is underused, fletcher is underused, ole is going to be fine at xmas, soo anelka = not a good fit at OT .... in any case, has there been news of bringing the frenchman to anfield??

-azn

Rick said:

Hold up mate between the scousers and the derby nothing else touches it fair enough they arent challenging with us for any major trophies but still between the fans their is enough tribal hatred and rivalry to keep the middle east ticking over incase they have a shortage.

LIVERPOOL FC, THIRTY MILES FROM GREATNESS :mrgreen:

what can i say,was very confident of beatin the scums till i saw the damn lineup.why hamann wasnt in the lineup,why smicer started in place of le tallec and why god damned emily heskey played instead of sinama pongolle.sinama pongolle did alot in 25 mins what emily didnt do througout the whole f*ckin game!i dont think we were unlucky(winners make thier own luck),i dont think it was dudek's mistake for the first goal(nistelrooy nearly got it and put him of anyways) and i seriously dont think it was a penalty.i was screamin out loud upon seein it the first time but seein the replay changed my mind.g.poll called it right.diouf should have been off if the refree made any mistakes.only good thing bout the game was kewell puttin it in them.was glad he scored.oh and emily fallin on his arse when it mattered most.dont think i've laughed so hard when i was extremely depressed.i've had enough of this crap,houllier should f*ckin walk now!and take the little bitch emily with him!

You would have beaten them if Heskey could finish and the ref given an absolute defo pen.

Houllier is right for once, that pen would have been given for Man U at Old Trafford.

well, when WE saw the replay,. i honestly had second thoughts as well... but maybe thats the problem with football... referees do not have video replays to rely on, and their calls and judgements might not be the best ones

-azn

I agree - with the naked eye, it looks like a great tackle from Rio. Houllier is wrong to lay the blame at the refs feet. If anyone is too blame, then it's Heskey for that woeful scuff right at the end.

haha yes indeed, but i dont know if you ll agree, but kewell was no where to be seen in the beginning of the second half, and i honestly thought he came off, until he scored... i think that had a big part to do with the lost of 3 points against us, we came up strong and with 15 minutes to go, you put one by us... we pushed all we could, and even when the score was 2-1, i dont think we layed all our pressure on the fullbacks, or else sinama wouldn't have gotten that chance, houllier has a lotta problems in the back though i must say...

-azn

Ajax ace Rafael van der Vaart says his family would prefer him to move to Spain rather than England if he is sold at the end of the season.

The 20-year-old Dutch international is a Liverpool target but other clubs including Manchester United and Barcelona are also said to be interested.

Valued at around £15million by Gerard Houllier, the player says he would like to play for Barca but he's also keeping his options open in England.

VDV said: "To play in Spain would be a dream for me, because my family would like it so much. If I leave Ajax to play somewhere else I would like Spain, but England is also good.

"In Spain, it would be Barcelona. In England, I like Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool. They are nice clubs."

Gerard Houllier has once again thrown in the towel and admitted for the first team this season that the club are now out of the Premiership title race.

Once again the club has failed miserably with their title challenge and it's only November. What a sorry state of affairs for a club of Liverpool's size with such an illustrious history.

Gone are the days when finishing 2nd was seen as a disaster because 4th is now apparently acceptable to those responsible for the club's decline.

"Realistically, we must focus on fourth place," said Houllier following the defeat to our arch rivals and real title contenders Manchester United.

And the latest excuse?

"My only regret is that we had to play a difficult game in difficult conditions away from home on a Thursday night. They had two more days to recover," said a sorry Liverpool manager.

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier says he expects the Martin O'Neill rumours to start again after he admitted that his side were now out of the title race and were now focused on finishing 4th in the Premier League.

"I suppose it will be Martin O'Neill again," quipped Houllier who insists he will never resign from his Anfield job.

"People are going to say we lost 2-1 to Arsenal, 2-1 to Chelsea and 2-1 to Manchester United. But it is such a fine margin.

"I am stubborn, I will keep going because I believe this is the future."

It is rumoured that the club have already drawn up a list of suitable candidates but that two of the club's biggest executives are at loggerheads with regards to Gerard Houllier's position.

thumbNail.asp

can someone please tell me why he constantly gets picked for both liverpool and england?although sven seems to have smartened up by playin fathead(rooney) with owen.why does houllier still play him???
can someone please tell me why he even plays football?

You can`t blame one player for the way L`pool play - they just are not the team they were back in the 70s - they have no "bite". I would actually love the scousers to be up contending for the championship with us, Gooners and Chelski, it would make the league even more interesting.

Did anyone notice Kewell`s face after the game yesterday? He was thinking "Why the hell did I choose Liverpool?" :mrgreen:

The difference of quality between L`pool and United was obvious yesterday, the way United pass the ball out of defense, the way one minute they are defending then the next twisting and turning the L`pool defense all over the place - and we didn`t even play well yesterday. They are a class apart, I`m sorry to say.

Sell Heskey, get a new manager, get a new system.

umm if i may add to that mate, a new set of fullbacks would be nice too, and also get rid of kewell, and officially make stevie G your skipper :mrgreen:

-azn

Another day and another load of excuses. Surely Houllier must see whats staring him in the face, Traore is shite and Heskey needs shooting...

...practice and some new boots.

It cant go on much longer surely. And it wouldnt be so bad if we could win against the shite teams but we cant even do that, if we do make it into the Champs League this year I will be very surprised

I think Liverpool will make the Champions League, but it will go to the last game of the season, like last year.

yea, i think i know what you mean, at times, when a footballer is good form, he tends to have a shitesty match once in a while, i think you ll see emile net one for sven goren sooner or later, AND for lpool

and btw thnx brain, for the msg in your sig;) im googling like a madman

-azn

footieBalla said:
ninjabreakz said:
lmao, man http://www.manutd.com knows JUST what to say! haha imagine what he is saying RIGHT now? "I know coming Liverpool was a bad decision, and, fookin' hell!! its hard to beat that American in net!" :D:D

-azn

wasnt that hard to beat the american as kewell showed.....is very hard to keep heskey on his feet was the main problem we had..

CWright said:
Another day and another load of excuses. Surely Houllier must see whats staring him in the face, Traore is shite and Heskey needs shooting...

It cant go on much longer surely. And it wouldnt be so bad if we could win against the shite teams but we cant even do that, if we do make it into the Champs League this year I will be very surprised

traore is shite but i thought he did reasonably ok(maybe could be blamed for the second goal but nicked one off RVN perfectly).if ya really think about it,we are the team with the most no of shots on goal(although couldnt manage even one in the first half on sunday)in the premiership.now what does that tell ya bout players like smicer,heskey?like ya mentioned,they need shooting...........................................................................................

I agree Misfit Kewell is class, but he is at the wrong club (in a neutrals eyes) he should be at a club like Arsenal, Chelsea or dare I say it, United.

Oh, and when I said "class" I was on about Giggs. 2 goals! :D

Auxerre are ready to put striker Djibril Cisse up for sale in January.
With the youngster's contract expiring this summer, Auxerre hope to land a £2 million fee in the midseason market.

Liverpool are clear favourites to sign the Frenchman and Auxerre coach Guy Roux said: "Cisse can win you a game on his own and there are very few strikers in the world who can do that - Michael Owen and Thierry Henry maybe.

"Cisse does not need team-mates to create goals the for him. He just gets the ball and off he goes.

"We can't hold on to him any longer. We always try to keep players at Auxerre for as long as we can - like we did with Eric Cantona - but the time comes and Cisse's time has come now."

Seville striker Jose Antonio Reyes would understand if he was sold to Liverpool at the end of the season.
A source close to the player told AS that Reyes admitted that "a good offer has arrived for me and I would understand if Seville chose to sell".

Liverpool had scouts in attendance to see Reyes tear Real Madrid apart in Sunday's 4-1 shock win.

Its believed Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier is planning to sell Michael Owen for £30 million and will use part of that fee to tempt Seville into cashing in on the youngster.

Reyes' agent, Jesus Rodriguez de Moya said: "Reyes is a player followed by many of the great teams of Europe - though it would be wrong of me to name them.

"Who wouldn't want to sign Jose Antonio?"

Liverpool are threatening Serie A hopes for Stuttgart pair Andreas Hinkel and Aleksandr Hleb.
Fullback Hinkel and midfielder Hleb are both on Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier's wanted list and have been watched by Reds scouts this season.

AC Milan have had Cesare Maldini draw up a detailed dossier on the pair, with Hinkel particularly impressing the ex-Italy coach.

Lazio and Inter Milan representatives have also been spotted at Stuttgart games this year.

Gerard Houllier has been quoted as saying that he has an interest in highly-rated Sevilla youngster Jose Antonio Reyes.

At a time when the Reds need to inject some positive vibes into the Anfield faithful who are worried about losing Michael Owen, we're treated to so some fresh transfer news.

Talking about Reyes, Houllier is quoted as saying: "He is an excellent player, very young and yet he would be a regular in any club's first team.

"He is a player who is being followed by the world's biggest teams, although for obvious reasons I can't specify names. Who wouldn't want to have Jose Antonio?"

The 20-year-old is contracted until 2010 and reportedly has a £65million release fee clause

Brazilian ace Rivaldo has confirmed that he is speaking to Liverpool about a proposed transfer.

The striker's agent has been touting the player around Europe and Liverpool are rumoured to have made him a firm contract offer to him.

Liverpool have been linked with the player since the summer and were originally considering a loan approach. However the player was then made available on a free which obviously forced the Reds to reconsider their approach.

His family were this week quoted as saying that he will definitely move to an English club in January which prompted journalists to ask him about the Liverpool connection.

"Who knows if I will go to Liverpool," said the player. "We are in conversations."

Although it's fair to say that there is some interest, the player has also been heavily linked with a possible return to Barcelona.

AC Milan have made it clear that he can leave in the New Year if he wants to

all the above transfer rumours were taken from www.tribalfootball.com or www.koptalk.com . although they might only be rumours,it's nice to at least be linked with class players rather than the average michael tounge or some unknown african player plying his trade in le championnat.cisse for 2mill is a very,very good deal IMO and rivaldo for free would be avery welcome addition as well.add boumsong for another 1.5/2mill this jan(which is almost a certainty)and we look well equipped for next season indeed.if owen wants to leave,lets hope we get 30mill for him and spend it on a couple of world clas players as well.no point makin him stay if he doesnt want to.and the only way i seee him stayin is if houllier leaves.think owen knows that we'll never achieve any true form of success under the frenchman as well...

Back
Top Bottom