Liverpool Thread

Sabac Red said:
We'd be stupid to let Tottenham pick him up, anyway we all know he's got too much creativity for Houllier...

yeah,youre right there but it might be a case just like anelka.use him till the seasons over and then discard him......

If Liverpool gets Rivaldo then you guys will have a happily converted Arsenal fan.

Go Liverpool! 8)

Who says football fans are fickle :roll:

Anyway, good game last night. Played well up front and in defence, lets hope it continues on Saturday

CWright said:
Who says football fans are fickle :roll:

Anyway, good game last night. Played well up front and in defence, lets hope it continues on Saturday

Hehe

Rivaldo is the man, and as of late, Arsenal isnt really playing inspiring football. EPL isn't my top league anyway. Serie A and La Liga is real "futbol"!!!! :mrgreen: j/k

Oh yeah, Heskey is a load of crock.... , hope you guys do get Rivaldo, so Heskey wont have any business on the pitch. ;)

it has been reported that owen will not make it to tmrw's game against the pompey.looks like heskey and kewell upfront again.really dont know why houllier doesnt give pongolle a start....

Misfit said:
Sabac Red said:
Actually I thought Heskey scored a nice goal last night, nothing to flashy just instinctive

come on man,it was a f*ckin fluke!he f*ckin tripped and it came off him to go in the net.at least for once he fell at the right time.....

Yeah, but the one touch football was beautiful. We are playing better football this season, and past flops such as Diouf, Biscan and SMicer are really showing what they can do now. If we can turn nice performances into results, we'll be laughing. And the talk of Rivaldo has got my mouth watering...

I still think a cheap Joe Cole on the left with Kewell up front is the best option. Cole could turn a good investment... if not he'd at least be cheap.

Although, Rivaldo is probably cheap is well... but I worry about his fitness.

Eh.

Stasman said:
Yeah, but the one touch football was beautiful. We are playing better football this season, and past flops such as Diouf, Biscan and SMicer are really showing what they can do now. If we can turn nice performances into results, we'll be laughing. And the talk of Rivaldo has got my mouth watering...

i couldnt agree more man,ive said before,i am really enjoyin watchin us play nowadays.we no longer look boring and with hamann coming back,things can only look better for us....

eaton my man,rivaldo's fitness may not really be a problem as he played in that jamaica game and never looked like lacking any sort of match practice whatsoever.JC on the other hand,lacks the skill that rivaldo or rosicky or even van der vaart posses but yeah i guess he would be okay if we could get him for like dirt cheap....

PS:hows ya daddy and his lover(cal) doin?

Not even getting a point at Portsmouth? Liverpool are a massive club, they really need to sort it out. I watched them on Wednesday night and was quite impressed (I know their fixture wasn`t the hardest) as they seem more attack-minded.

Will Owen stay? The man wants silverware.

son of a bitch!!!!why the f*ck couldnt we be consistent??we just had to lose to a team who has gone five games without a win.thats three defeats in a row now,SACK HOULLIER!!!!!!!!!

son of a bitch!!!!why the f*ck couldnt we be consistent??we just had to lose to a team who has gone five games without a win.thats three defeats in a row now,SACK HOULLIER!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you Misfit. Its time for the Frenchman to make way for someone else.

houllier's f*ckin excuse this time again is fatigue!!!if thats the f*ckin case,get the f*ck out of the uefa cup!!it wasnt fatigue,we were just plain awful!!

Liverpool needs some cover. We have no one who can cause any real threat off the bench outside of Le Tallec... and he's still inconsistant.

W/o Owen and Baros there is no one ready to step in to play as a competent striker. Houllier has no options, which is his own fault of course, as Litmanen, Anelka, (possibly) Fowler, or Berger (obviously) have been let go... all veterans who could have strenghthened a decimated Liverpool team.

Obviously, he had reasons for not retaining these players (...although I never understood why Berger fell out of favor... why let him go for nothing in return?), BUT he needs to replace them with some veteran talent, to have some experienced cover up front. Esp. with Owen still somewhat a danger to pick up an injury.

We have to get Cisse, or whoever else might be available with a sufficient pedigree, otherwise, we will be stuck in UEFA again.

I like the potential of GH's youth movement, but he has really lost the depth of the squad he inherited.

Leeds always seem to stuff us in the last few seasons.
I think we wont get past Steau B. in the uefa cup and I can see this dismal league run continuing until Christmas whereby Houllier will walk himself. He is a man of honor, he will walk before he is pushed.
How has it come to this? This is seriously getting me down at the moment.

Again we get beaten by a team that we should beat, its getting worse by the week

CWright said:
Again we get beaten by a team that we should beat, its getting worse by the week

but its been happening to us ever since houllier took over,we always get beat or draw a newly promoted team.happened since the last day defeat at bradford which cost us a CL spot.then it was bolton,ipswich,birmingham and now portsmouth.......

a)who gives a flyin f*ck bout portsmouth?

b)not like they deserve any,we were just piss poor

nothing personal man and welcome btw....

im sure portsmouth fans do, and i was watching the premiership, and as the panel were saying, it wasnt just liverpool having a bad game but portsmouth nicely passing it about

btw, dont support portsmouth, just a general observation

This is getting bad, the defence is a shambles and no-one(apart from Gerrard) can do the defensive midfied position right like Hamann.

Houllier's excuses are getting pathetic now, like someone said on The Priemiership when a team like Arsenal or Manure go throught a bad patch they still manage to get 8 wins outta 10, but when Liverpool go through it we seem not able to pull ourselves out of it.

I say give Houllier til chrimbo to sought things out, if not then the board are gonna have to let him go and then have Thompson as the caretaker for the rest of the season.

I don't think Gerrard and Owen will be rushng to sign new contracts now.

Could someone list of all the signings that Houllier has made? I heard he spent over £110m and cant think how that has possibly been spent.

I have always backed Houllier to bring glory back to Liverpool but I think he´s had enough time. Liverpool is admittedly playing better looking football now, but they are still losing and he has had 5 years make the team gel. He has sold all the influential players except Gerrard and Hyypia so if either one of them has a bad day the team crumbles.

I´m afraid its time to Houllier to go upstairs and let someone else take over and it has to happen soon before he fills the team with more inept frenchmen.

Oh, and by the way, if anyone here lives in Liverpool and knows some shady characters who can sell me tickets to the match vs. Leeds next saturday, you would make an Icelandic Liverpool fan very happy if you could PM me with information.

Could someone list of all the signings that Houllier has made? I heard he spent over £110m and cant think how that has possibly been spent.

players liverpool have bought (cash not loan or free) under Houllier

Traore £500k
Song £2.6m
Hyypia £3m
Camara £2.6m
Henchoz £3.5m
Westerweld £4m
Smicer £4.5m
Hamann £8m
Heskey £11m
Diomede £3m
Barmby £6m