Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

For Antred. ;)

155733289_44299089e6.jpg

For Antred. ;)

155733289_44299089e6.jpg

Go to pride park moron.

Oh i forgot, your dads brothers wifes second uncle was from Manchester so you had the right to support them when they won their first trophy.

Or maybe you are one of these new modern generation of fans who switch teams according to success? I dunno theres a fair few on here, you can always tell.

I thought Carra's foul on Ron wasn't as clear cut as many people here say, it was Ron's decision to try to score the goal but it didn't work. It's just like Ref's lets "play on" when there's a foul, but if it didn't end up as a goal, the ref wouldn't pull it back for the foul. Yellow card? Maybe after a dead ball but if Ron wants a Penalty, he should've gone down and whine, and credit to him for not doing that.

Torres is still build with La Liga mentality about fouls so I don't expect him to ride off Ferdinand's physical challenges until a year or two from now.

Last edited:

Go to pride park moron.

Oh i forgot, your dads brothers wifes second uncle was from Manchester so you had the right to support them when they won their first trophy.

Or maybe you are one of these new modern generation of fans who switch teams according to success? I dunno theres a fair few on here, you can always tell.
:LOL:
Its nice to see you enjoying this.

It's funny, I've tracked back in this thread and can't find the outrage when the ref didn't call caragher for his tackle on lescott against Everton. I know you guys are into your consistent refereeing, so am sure it's in here somewhere...

Please.

Mach is a great player, but he was an idiot today. You'll note Rooney was relatively quiet, that's cause Steve Bennet if a f*ck policeman wannabe. I know that. Benitez should know that. So if you go in studs high on scholes (anyone saying that's not a yellow has never seen a football match), then follow it up with about 5 fouls in 10 minutes, each time mouthing off, then, and this is the bit you're all glazing over, run a full 25 yards, shove off a teammate trying to restrain you just to have ANOTHER go at the ref, what do you expect him to do? Oh thank you Javier, that's a very good point, so kind of you to run over here from way over yonder to dissent to my decision. Bottom line is Bennet is a strict, strict referee, but he's been that way for years, and your player didn't respect that.

Any liverpool fan that moans about decision should watch Jamie Carragher's 'tackle' in the first half. If you want consistency, why isn't he off the pitch and united having a penatly? Your lovely lad stevie fell over some players leg last season without even being touched in almost an identical situation. I don't recall you complaining then.

The outrage was in the Everton thread, and it was agreed in here that it should have been a penalty/red card.

I mentioned only two pages ago that it should have been a penalty to rooney but the ref's don't give you any advantage when you stay on your feet, meaning they are the ones encouraging players to dive. Yet then moan about it, tits!

As for Masch he was stupid, however looking at his record says enough to me. He's played in some of the biggest games in football, both club and international, and has never had a problem as far as I know. He's an honest player, competative, but honest and respectfull to the other players when injured. He also isnt one to have a go at the ref everytime. So it's obvious this game wasnt "too big" for him. He was just outraged by the obvious unfairness of the ref.

Thank you. The result isnt in question, it was the one sided ness that robbed the game of any competition whatsoever. .

im thinking inter milan might agree with you there as there side were reduced to 10 men in both your games which made them a void contest , no hang on , that went in you favour ! ah thats ok then...:BLINK:

want to see how fickle this lot are go to page 295 post #8848 thats when the banter starts after the last mersey derby when we were robbed 2-1 with lots and lots of help from friends stevie g, kuyt, carra nearly raping lescott and of course ever faithful mark clattenburg, totaly robbed but this lot didnt give a shit , the ref handed them the game on this occasion..

Last edited:

It's funny, I've tracked back in this thread and can't find the outrage when the ref didn't call caragher for his tackle on lescott against Everton. I know you guys are into your consistent refereeing, so am sure it's in here somewhere...

Please.

Mach is a great player, but he was an idiot today. You'll note Rooney was relatively quiet, that's cause Steve Bennet if a f*ck policeman wannabe. I know that. Benitez should know that. So if you go in studs high on scholes (anyone saying that's not a yellow has never seen a football match), then follow it up with about 5 fouls in 10 minutes, each time mouthing off, then, and this is the bit you're all glazing over, run a full 25 yards, shove off a teammate trying to restrain you just to have ANOTHER go at the ref, what do you expect him to do? Oh thank you Javier, that's a very good point, so kind of you to run over here from way over yonder to dissent to my decision. Bottom line is Bennet is a strict, strict referee, but he's been that way for years, and your player didn't respect that.

Any liverpool fan that moans about decision should watch Jamie Carragher's 'tackle' in the first half. If you want consistency, why isn't he off the pitch and united having a penatly? Your lovely lad stevie fell over some players leg last season without even being touched in almost an identical situation. I don't recall you complaining then.

Bottom line is refs suck. But if your team is good enough over the cosure of the season you win the league.

You on about Carra's tackle on Rooney? He got the ball? No?

im thinking inter milan might agree with you there as there side were reduced to 10 men in both your games which made them a void contest , no hang on , that went in you favour ! ah thats ok then...:BLINK:

want to see how fickle this lot are go to page 295 post #8848 thats when the banter starts after the last mersey derby when we were robbed 2-1 with lots and lots of help from friends stevie g, kuyt, carra nearly raping lescott and of course ever faithful mark clattenburg, totaly robbed but this lot didnt give a shit , the ref handed them the game on this occasion..

I will be the first to admit, you lot were robbed that day. Should have been a draw, or an Everton win. But I won't really complain about these decisions. The game against Chelsea at home, or the game against Reading away, where we were denied 3 penalties, I don't really care much about that, because eventually it all evens out, and it's just a mistake by the referee.

But THIS was ridiculous. The referee had come with the clear intention of sending off a player, and favoring the Mancs. Scholes lunged at Alonso in the first minute, and nothing was given. Then Mash did his first tackle on Scholes, where he did also try to pull his legs out to prevent Scholes from getting hurt. Should have been a warning, but was given a yellow. Torres was kicked around, he complained and got booked. Mash went and asked 'what happened', it's a red. Ferdinand runs at the ref after a foul, no dissent there. Rooney starts mouthing off after another foul, no dissent there. Ferdinand tells the ref to fuck off, after he got booked, no dissent there.

Don't get me wrong, Mash was stupid to do what he did, simply because he should have known he had been targeted.

But, now FA are going to ban him for 5 matches, I hear. That would be ridiculous, but we obviously can't do anything about it, as we don't have the influence other clubs do.

@ peter e.

NO! clearly didnt touch it.

any way all the talk about the sending off , how about saying lfc didnt match them in any department! that manchester united were well on top before he walked any way , a brilliant performance by the worlds no.1 club side, how about taking the defeat gracefully, he got sent off and deserved it(whats the problem) , you got battered and deserved that too! they were awesome. Thats that.

@ peter e.

NO! clearly didnt touch it.

any way all the talk about the sending off , how about saying we didnt match them in any department! that manchester united were well on top before he walked any way , a brilliant performance by the worlds no.1 club side, how about taking the defeat gracefully, he got sent off and deserved it(whats the problem) , you got battered and deserved that too! they were awesome. Thats that.

They were the better side, but not by that much in the first half. First half was cagey as usual, and they were just pumping the ball up to Rooney to get behind the defense (which was absolutely crap). They scored on the counter due to a stupid error from Reina. We too attacked their box on a few occasions. Gerrard had got a shot wide, and Babel had skinned Brown on more than one occasion. To say they were by far the better side, is a bit over the top.

But, they did properly rape us in the 2nd half.

I will be the first to admit, you lot were robbed that day. Should have been a draw, or an Everton win. But I won't really complain about these decisions. The game against Chelsea at home, or the game against Reading away, where we were denied 3 penalties, I don't really care much about that, because eventually it all evens out, and it's just a mistake by the referee.

But THIS was ridiculous. The referee had come with the clear intention of sending off a player

Wrong , he was ruling by the new guidlines highlighted by david moyes also in the week! more respect for refs! mascherano also new this, just stupidity!..

Wrong , he was ruling by the new guidlines highlighted by david moyes also in the week! more respect for refs! mascherano also new this, just stupidity!..

Fine, Mash deserved a booking. But what about some consistency? Did Ferdinand show any respect, when he said 'Fuck off'? Did Rooney show any respect when he kept mouthing off the referee?

If Mash deserved a booking, the rest of them did as well. As simple as that.

C'mon lads, lets move on. We beat you 3-0, end of story. Watched the game again on V+ last night and you lot simply didn't turn up - Masch should of stayed away from the ref after riding his luck all first half and we took our chances well. Reina had a shocker too - flapped at crosses all match.

:)

C'mon lads, lets move on. We beat you 3-0, end of story. Watched the game again on V+ last night and you lot simply didn't turn up - Masch should of stayed away from the ref after riding his luck all first half and we took our chances well. Reina had a shocker too - flapped at crosses all match.

Yup

It's 3-0, nothing is going to change. Mash had it coming, and it was his mistake. However, I do feel Ferdinand and Vidic were given specific instructions to kick Torres out of the game.

But, apart from Aurelio, none of the players turned up AGAIN. Gerrard didn't show any leadership, and wasn't involved in anything. Carra had a shocked, and Alonso didn't seem bothered. Reina made some world class saves, but eventually, his mistakes cost us the game. I am specifically pissed off at Gerrard and Alonso. Alonso can outplay Zidane on his day, yet never turns up against the Mancs. Reminds me of Guti. And Gerrard does seem scared to play here. United are just our bogey team. We never turn up. Even when we do, we can't finish it off. However, I do feel, that Babel might just be the player who could turn our tide. He skinned Brown on several occassions, but never got much service.

Time to get over it now :)

It's the derby next. Will be tough, but it's at Anfield, and the players should be pumped up. I want Alonso to have the same game he had 2 years ago. Enough, is enough. Alonso has all the talent in the world, but no consistency. And Lucas should get the goal that he was denied at Goodison.

I hope we win, and secure 4th place. Then we can concentrate on the CL.

Good post Abhishek. You're about the only Red taking defeat with dignity in here. Hats off to you my friend. :)

Good post Abhishek. You're about the only Red taking defeat with dignity in here. Hats off to you my friend. :)

Thanks ;))

But who told you to quote me on your sig? It seems as if I had no problem with the referee decisions, or the match in general :LOL:

I quoted your statement because it's spot-on.

I hate it when (the same goes for UNITED supporters) a team loses and their supporters jump on the "We lost because the ref is crap" bandwagon. I even read somewhere in here that "the cockney teams get all the decisions and until that changes Liverpool won't be able to beat them." What absolute garbage. :lol:

Listen to yourselves! Talk about looking for excuses! Liverpool haven't been good enough to win the league for a long while now and that trend looks to continue. Simple as that. You've brought in TOO many average players and Rafa doesn't seem to know what he's doing when it comes to playing against the "Big 3".

You can blame refs all night long but the harsh fact is that L'pool are not good enough in the league hence why you're sitting in 4th place whilst we are top.

Last edited:

We never lost because the ref was crap. We lost because we didn't turn up.

But that doesn't mean that I am happy with the ref. The ref was biased. We might have lost anyways, but I would have been happier if we were given a bit more of a chance.

Agree, that we arn't good enough to win the league. We are not very far, but not good enough at the moment. I don't agree for one second about Rafa buying 'average players'. I have given my thoughts on that, but I am not arsed to write it all over again. There was also a very good article explaining this, but I can't find it. And I think you might have also heard of our youth team.

You are right, Rafa doesn't know how to win against United. But we've beaten Arsenal and Chelsea at home, more than once. We should have beaten Chelsea twice this season. And I am pretty confident we can beat Arsenal in the CL. Also, nice to see the 'Big 3' put in. We have actually finished 3rd twice in the last 2 seasons, ahead of Arsenal, and only point behind you lot in one of those seasons. Didn't remember people calling it a 'Big 3' then, but anyways.

I might write a longer argument later if I am arsed.

But that's your opinion, I respect it. You are far better than some of the WUMs that come up here.

Sorry what the fuck you on about now??? Ive already said the result wasnt in question, do you just deliberately select stuff from my posts?

My problem is that in most of these big games theres no fairness - blueforlife will whinge over the Derby this season which is fair enough, however that isnt the norm as last years derby will contest when everton got the run of decisions and we lost 3-0.

Instead of seeing a gritty Derby yesterday we got a farce. how anyone can say we were outclassed and where going to lose anyway by watching the first 30 minutes is a joke and obviously dont know much about the game and how it changes. Does that mean we outclassed United with 10 men in the second half when we had about 10-15 minutes of pressure before the second went in? See anything looks good from a biased point of view.

As for Milan, Materazzi was harsh but i would say at least his was for continually nibbling at a player weather you thought it was a yellow or not, and in the second leg once Burdisso went off the ref started giving all the freekicks to Milan.

You all see what you want to see. In my book, since the Premiership started theres been no level ground, United are my rivals, but it doesnt mean i havent respected the team they have had over the years. But i will also hold my hands up and say Sir Alex has FAR TOO MUCH influence in this league. He's managed to get games switched so he could get the likes of Cantona and Ferdinand on their comebacks to play in big games against us, Its been proven time and time again, he can get away with Haranging referees and putting pressure n them before matches, he can get referees taken off his games as whats happened in the past, he can get referees to be solid at OT for the home side, especially when they arnt playing well. All week hes been banging on about Bennentt and yesterday is the result, a ref so hell bent to impress he favours one side over the other. I dont mind if Javier is sent off AS LONG AS THE SAME RULE APPLIES ACROSS THE PITCH. Mascheranos booking for the tackle on Scholes is fine - its not when Scholes does the same to the opposition and gets a ticking off.

Man Utd are a good side whatever i think of them, but my blood boils at the continual help and favouritism that they get when they dont bloody need it.

Oh and i also forgot - Bennet was the same ref who sent Xabi Alonso off at Highbury for slipping over and falling into Fabregas. Yeah hes a good ref alright, ruined that game too.

You can call me whatever you like i dont give a shit, but i remember when football was football and not some corporate money making machine that relies on global audience, when refereeing favouritism was seldom seen and the football was the thing making the headlines. the whole game is at its lowest ebb in my eyes.

Last edited:

I actually havent seen many people in here saying anything other then that Utd were the better team. However, like I posted a while ago in the general football section, the amount of crap decisions deciding matches is really off putting for a football supporter. Whether it goes against you or not.

I was thinking about this last night and how easily it would be to have video evidence / decisions / extra linesman /etc. However Ive come to the conclusion that the governing bodies arent actually looking to keep the integrity of the sport. It might sound odd, but think about it, if the majority of the decisions were correct and fair, game results reflective of the match etc the game could get very sterile. And that would take away from the entertaining elements of the game meaning it gets less popular and less money gets pumped into the sport.

On the other hand, keep it entertaining and lacking integrity and the game will be full of these incidents and talk and will keep the game more entertaiing, meaning more money.

I really believe that that is the main aspect in the decision making for the bodies. After all these guys are usually well educated businessmen and are obviously clever enough to be able to sort this out if they wanted. But they dont, it will make less money. Its becoming the WWF....

EDIT

Wow that was a good back-up to Antred's post even though I handt seen it ;)

Feel the same way though, game is losing its intrigity because is will make more money.

Last edited:

I quoted your statement because it's spot-on.

I hate it when (the same goes for UNITED supporters) a team loses and their supporters jump on the "We lost because the ref is crap" bandwagon. I even read somewhere in here that "the cockney teams get all the decisions and until that changes Liverpool won't be able to beat them." What absolute garbage. :lol:

Listen to yourselves! Talk about looking for excuses! Liverpool haven't been good enough to win the league for a long while now and that trend looks to continue. Simple as that. You've brought in TOO many average players and Rafa doesn't seem to know what he's doing when it comes to playing against the "Big 3".

You can blame refs all night long but the harsh fact is that L'pool are not good enough in the league hence why you're sitting in 4th place whilst we are top.

Thats easy to say when you are normally 80% on the recieving end of favourable decisions.

You know i'd love it to see the roles reversed, just to see yours and your compatriots and Fergusons reactions. You'd all be livid and pissed.

Look at Fergusons reaction the other week to Portsmouth. When it doesnt suit and you upset Sir Alex he throws his toys out the pram.

Oh come on Abhishek if Bennet was so biased towards us why oh why didn't Carragher get sent off for the tackle on Rooney and a penalty awarded to us in the first few minutes and why oh why wasn't Torres given a second yellow for the quite frankly embarrasing very late dive after Carrick cleanly took the ball, take a step back and see we were far superior to you even when you had 11 on the pitch.You were second in every dept Carragher and Skrtel were bobbins , dont think Skrtel even jumped in the box never mind win any headers. Van Der Saar could have brought a deckchair and a good book, and Peter Eyres the 20 mins you were on top?? you are including the 15 minutes at half time surely?

Oh come on Abhishek if Bennet was so biased towards us why oh why didn't Carragher get sent off for the tackle on Rooney and a penalty awarded to us in the first few minutes and why oh why wasn't Torres given a second yellow for the quite frankly embarrasing very late dive after Carrick cleanly took the ball, take a step back and see we were far superior to you even when you had 11 on the pitch.You were second in every dept Carragher and Skrtel were bobbins , dont think Skrtel even jumped in the box never mind win any headers. Van Der Saar could have brought a deckchair and a good book, and Peter Eyres the 20 mins you were on top?? you are including the 15 minutes at half time surely?

Er maybe because it wasnt a penalty? We arnt playing gay football here mate, it wasnt even a heavy tackle and Rooney bloody knew it. You want a pen for that you might as well dish em out every week or not touch anyone in the box.

And anyway your an arrogant no mark who cant even discuss properly, a typical non local United fan post premiership.

Are you stupid?

I have already said a 100 times that United were the better team?

Why didn't he give a penalty? Because Carra did get a bit of the ball, and Rooney never went down (which is a shame)

I don't even think Torres' was a dive. If you watched La Liga, Torres was an expert diver, he slipped and he fell. And why would he dive on the half way line? And you are conveniently forgetting Ronaldo's dive?

Fact is, you were the better team. The referee had a poor game, whichever way you think about it. You deserved the win. Happy? Grab a cookie.

Anyways, in other news, Rafa looks interested in Bentley. I do rate Bentley pretty high. What do others think?

Er maybe because it wasnt a penalty? We arnt playing gay football here mate, it wasnt even a heavy tackle and Rooney bloody knew it. You want a pen for that you might as well dish em out every week or not touch anyone in the box.

And anyway your an arrogant no mark who cant even discuss properly, a typical non local United fan post premiership.

and your the most one sided blind cunt i've ever had the misfortune to come across , get a job

and your the most one sided blind cunt i've ever had the misfortune to come across , get a job

Got one thanks mate, and a nice house and a lovely wife and a great career. We arnt all stereotypes here sunshine unlike yourself as a bandwagon jumping prick.

For all those guys who said the Ron Carra incident is a defo penalty, think again. It was a challenge by Carra, but he barely touched Ron. It's been said many times already.

Back
Top Bottom