Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

If Carra wasn't our captain, I'd make Masch our captain. Shows passion EVERY single game, and he's a damn sight more consistent to, be it against Derby or the Mancs.

True, Mash is surely a future captain. If Gerrard and Alonso showed the same passion as Mash did (apart from getting sent off), we could have probably won the match.

Is your geography shit now too? very educated there, Liverpool and Manchester fall within lancashire indeed. Need too brush up on that fella. And you tell me to get a job...

Antred read my post again and take a breath before steaming back into me.I said that Lancashire HAD both Manchester and Liverpool within its boundaries not HAS but HAD.
The boundaries of the county, were altered following the 1974 enactment of the Local Government Act passed in 1972. Lancashire saw more upheaval than most counties, having most of its population transferred to the new counties: Manchester and south east Lancashire became part of Greater Manchester; Liverpool and south west Lancashire became part of Merseyside; Furness became part of Cumbria; and Warrington and Widnes became part of Cheshire.
So perhaps my geography isn't too bad after all, and i'll leave the brushing up to you fella.

Oh there's nothing like going back to work after beating you lot 3-0! ALL the guys in my company support Liverpool! :lol:

Go to pride park moron.

Oh i forgot, your dads brothers wifes second uncle was from Manchester so you had the right to support them when they won their first trophy.

Or maybe you are one of these new modern generation of fans who switch teams according to success? I dunno theres a fair few on here, you can always tell.
:LOL: It's always funny to see a retarded nob cheese like you peed off. So what if I support Manchester United? What are you going to do? The irony here is that half of my friends in Derby are Liverpool supporters. I think only one of them has actually been to Anfield to see his beloved team play. In fact, one of my best friend's dad started supporting Liverpool during their era of dominance in the 70s and 80s. My uncle in Pakistan supports Liverpool. Should I tell him to support Khan Research Laboratories instead? Anyway, I've chosen my club and I'll stick with them. Maybe in a few decades we'll get relegated or something, or we'll become a mid-table club but I will still be supporting them. At the end of the day, you should mind your own business. It is not your problem that someone is a Man Utd supporter or a Liverpool supporter.

Oh there's nothing like going back to work after beating you lot 3-0! ALL the guys in my company support Liverpool! :lol:

And all my friends support United :brick:

I didn't have a nice time today :-pp

Mate that's the beauty of football! Sometimes I ask myself "Why do I do it? Why do I put myself through this pain?"

:)

:LOL: It's always funny to see a retarded nob cheese like you peed off. So what if I support Manchester United? What are you going to do? The irony here is that half of my friends in Derby are Liverpool supporters. I think only one of them has actually been to Anfield to see his beloved team play. In fact, one of my best friend's dad started supporting Liverpool during their era of dominance in the 70s and 80s. My uncle in Pakistan supports Liverpool. Should I tell him to support Khan Research Laboratories instead? Anyway, I've chosen my club and I'll stick with them. Maybe in a few decades we'll get relegated or something, or we'll become a mid-table club but I will still be supporting them. At the end of the day, you should mind your own business. It is not your problem that someone is a Man Utd supporter or a Liverpool supporter.

Well done. :))

Mate that's the beauty of football! Sometimes I ask myself "Why do I do it? Why do I put myself through this pain?"

:)

It's all about ups and downs mate. That's what football brings with it, and that's why we love it :)

Anyways, looks like Torres pulled out of the Spain squad :DANCE:

Antred read my post again and take a breath before steaming back into me.I said that Lancashire HAD both Manchester and Liverpool within its boundaries not HAS but HAD.
The boundaries of the county, were altered following the 1974 enactment of the Local Government Act passed in 1972. Lancashire saw more upheaval than most counties, having most of its population transferred to the new counties: Manchester and south east Lancashire became part of Greater Manchester; Liverpool and south west Lancashire became part of Merseyside; Furness became part of Cumbria; and Warrington and Widnes became part of Cheshire.
So perhaps my geography isn't too bad after all, and i'll leave the brushing up to you fella.

Fair enough you have ten years on me so i've only ever known the counties as they are.

Shit, you've got a horrible few weeks! I forgot the Champions League starts next week! I'm going to the second-leg against Roma, pre-ordered my tickets last week. :)

Shit, you've got a horrible few weeks! I forgot the Champions League starts next week! I'm going to the second-leg against Roma, pre-ordered my tickets last week. :)

Horrible indeed! I can't wait for the derby though. We were very lucky last time, but without Torres, Alonso and Agger (who is still out). This time we're at home, and Torres and Alonso are both back. I hope the players come back strong. Rafa should straighten them out for the embarrassing performance. And I want Lucas to get a goal against them. It would have been a dream debut for him, if Neville hadn't put his hand between the ball and the goal. First performance ever, replacing Gerrard, against the bitters, would have been a dream!

I am not worried about the CL, but I am worried about playing so many matches in one week. I am guessing that in one game (most probably the EPL one), Crouch would start ahead of Torres. I don't mind Crouch, but when he's playing, it's all hoof (though it worked brilliantly for Chelsea against Arsenal).

I might go to England, if Liverpool reach the semis. I managed to attend the semis against Chelsea last season, and it was amazing. But it all depends on whether we would manage to go to the Euro's in which case, I might not be able to watch a Liverpool game this season :(

Tell me about it, I've only seen United once this season (at home against Newcastle) as getting tickets has been a nightmare. :(

Alright, done is done, let's get on with it shall we?

1. Macherano's 'extended' ban or whatever is simply taking the piss. He should serve the regular ban. Think Eboue when he was sent off recently against United, protested just as long and just hard, no extension. Consistency inded.

2. Your spine is still one of the best in football, and when they come to play, they rarely lose (see CL). However there seems to be a problem with motivation some days. Gerrard's brilliant but inconsisent.

3. Rafa can't seem to get it right over a 38 game league. But he's been brilliant in cup competitons. It's almost down to personal preference which you value more, but the question has to be could anyone else really do better in both? I don't believe that they could. Chelsea and United have stronger squads, that's not going to change, so realistic expectations are probably on cups no?

1. Macherano's 'extended' ban or whatever is simply taking the piss. He should serve the regular ban. Think Eboue when he was sent off recently against United, protested just as long and just hard, no extension. Consistency inded.

2. Your spine is still one of the best in football, and when they come to play, they rarely lose (see CL). However there seems to be a problem with motivation some days. Gerrard's brilliant but inconsisent.

3. Rafa can't seem to get it right over a 38 game league. But he's been brilliant in cup competitons. It's almost down to personal preference which you value more, but the question has to be could anyone else really do better in both? I don't believe that they could. Chelsea and United have stronger squads, that's not going to change, so realistic expectations are probably on cups no?

Good post, time to get on with it.

1. Mascherano deserved the booking, time to get on with it. But he's going to get an extended ban, we all know it. Mash was stupid, but I still fucking love him. He is the best defensive midfielder in the world, and a fantastic distributor. And only 23! Gotta sort his temper though.

2. I agree. People can say all they want about Rafa's transfer record, but every season, he has bought at least one BIG player, who has fitted into his spine. Just looking at it

Reina

Agger
Skrtel

Mash
Alonso
Gerrard

Torres

And they're all 23-26. Rafa himself said, that he has built a great spine. His job is to find good players around this now.

I don't even think it's about motivation. It's about the mentality. We've won the CL, so every time we go, we are expected to win. Even with Chelsea. We have outplayed them in the last 2-3 occassions we have met. Our team is just too scared to face United. We don't think we can beat them, so we never show up. And Gerrard AND Alonso are so inconsistent. Alonso, on his day, can outplay Zidane, yet he just seems to go under the shadow of Gerrard and Mash. He is approaching his prime now. No doubting his talent, or ability, but he rarely turns up. When Alonso turns it on, he can take apart any defense in the world.

3. You are right, we can't seem to get it right over 38 games. And one of the main reasons is the squad. At Valencia, Rafa inherited a great, underachieving squad. It had 3-4 world class players in Aimar, Vicente, Ayala and Albelda, but it was surrounded by some really good players in Angulo, Mista, Carew, Baraja. What he inherited, IMO, was a average squad. He has managed to make a spine now, but the squad is still very weak, and that's why we are struggling. Rotation, or not, you have to use your squad over 38 games, and ours just isn't good enough. That's what United have, a brilliant squad. We have crappy Kuyt, Riise, Kewell etc. I do believe that this is what Rafa will fix in the summer. He has to get rid of a lot of players, that are just past it, or not good enough, and bring in more quality. ATM, our squad isn't good enough to win the league. We are progressing for sure. We lost 12 games last season, only 4 this season. We have drawn too many, so our next aim should be to convert draws to wins. Then we can be even closer next season (though I don't expect us to win next season either). And Rafa has come, and revamped the whole youth system. We know that's what helped Ferguson sustain his dominance, when a whole group of youngsters came through. Rafa is trying the same thing. And if you do watch some of them, they do look very promising. Rafa has managed to get top youngsters from Barcelona and Real Madrid, who are very highly rated there. Whether they make it, depends, but our youth teams are much better than what they were under Ged.

I tell you who I don't rate AT ALL is Arbeloa. He looked nervous ALL game at Old Trafford and made some poor decisions.

I tell you who I don't rate AT ALL is Arbeloa. He looked nervous ALL game at Old Trafford and made some poor decisions.

Everybody looked nervous, except Aurelio who managed to keep Ronaldo quiet for some time. Arbeloa is a decent player. He ain't that great going forward, but defensively he is solid. At 2M, you can't get better than that. He managed to keep Messi quiet for 180 minutes, and that's no mean feet. Believe me, he is one of the better defensive full backs in the league. If he sticks to someone, he'll be with him like a leech. Don't think he is good enough for a regular starting place, but he's more than good enough for a squad player. Don't rate him on Sunday's performance. I mean, if you rated Gerrard, Reina or Carragher on that performance, you'd rather have Titus Bramble :-pp

The best post from a non-Liverpool fan in the last few days.

Everybody looked nervous, except Aurelio who managed to keep Ronaldo quiet for some time. Arbeloa is a decent player. He ain't that great going forward, but defensively he is solid. At 2M, you can't get better than that. He managed to keep Messi quiet for 180 minutes, and that's no mean feet. Believe me, he is one of the better defensive full backs in the league. If he sticks to someone, he'll be with him like a leech. Don't think he is good enough for a regular starting place, but he's more than good enough for a squad player. Don't rate him on Sunday's performance. I mean, if you rated Gerrard, Reina or Carragher on that performance, you'd rather have Titus Bramble :-pp

I'd rather have Arbeloa than Finnan. I rate Arbeloa quite a lot personally. He does make mistakes, he can go missing but he's got a lot of talent and he'll only keep getting better. I don't rate him at centre-back though :LOL:

We all moved on ages ago Dags! :lol:

Erm, not really. I thought people were saying to move on and not bother talking about the match? Then just over an hour ago you bring it up again? Move on mate ;)

Back
Top Bottom