For years we've been crying out for a 20 goal man
now we've got that.

Yeah we need another striker for next season, I
would love to see Villa in a red shirt more than
anyone else.

Re: Liverpool Thread

Word round the campfire is that Villa is reserved for Juve alongside Gilardino

Yes it is Mike :) What's your name mate? (or is it Abishek, excuse my ignorance.)

:((

Yeh, ABhishek

Anyways, Villa and Torres won't work together. They're too similar. They've never worked together playing for Spain either. And Spain will be using a 4-5-1 formation in the Euros with Torres (since he's been in better form) up front alone. Plus, Villa is a bit of a dirty player.

Just a personal preference but I don't like the look of Rafinha you've probably seen more of him than me, is he what we're looking for or are there any better alternatives out there? This backup striker, who'd you suggest is worthwhile and could do an adequate job if Torres is out?

Rafinha is not a world class right back YET. He is really good attacking wise, and decent defensively (I would think Arby is slightly better defensively). But Rafinha is a poorer version of Dani Alves. He's 2 years younger, and has already improved a lot in the Bundi. He'll give us some natural width in this formation, and has a very, very SWEET cross on him. And who better to improve his defensive play than Rafa himself?

Other attacking right backs? Hmm, there arn't many good ones. Same with left backs, Vargas is one of the few, along with Pasqual.

Backup striker. The one I have in my mind was available in the winter window, and was going to Boro for 8 million :DOH:

Talking about Fred from Lyon of course. He could be the PERFECT backup for Torres IMO. Pace, power, dribbling skills, technique, poacher instincts, he has it all.

Another one could be Podolski. Rumours are that Bayern want Kuyt (IDIOTS!) and could help in bringing in Podolski. Maybe Gudjohsen as well?

So Gerrard stays where he is, Babel to the right and someone like Mancini on the left, I'd be happy with that.

But

I personally think we still need someone like Diego because Gerrard is everything but a "creative genius" in the sense that he cannot dictate the tempo of a game and unlock those stubborn defenses, he won't be predominantly on the right but more in a free role across the front three switching with Diego & Babel/Mancini, just the way I see it for this formation to fully flourish with the new attacking fullbacks of course.

Gerrard-----Diego-----Babel/Mancini

--------------Torres----------------

And that is spot on. Gerrard doesn't have the discipline to dictate the game. He is best in a free role, which would then mean it doesn't matter if he's on the right or left. His drive is best used to going forward, not staying back, playmaking. And he can't do that anyways IMO. Perfect example against Milan where he was closed down, and couldn't do the playmaking in a more static position. It should be Xabi from a deeper area and another player in an advanced position, pulling the strings.

Diego is THE MAN!! Rafa has had his eyes on him, and Diego could well be Rafa's Aimar in this formation and more. Diego is exactly what we need, A CREATIVE GENIUS. He'll create something out of nothing, and can unlock those bus stand defenses in a flash. He is arguably the best playmaker in the world after Kaka, and would fit in the EPL perfectly. He's the most fouled player in the Bundi, but takes the abuse, and scores goals, and assists for fun. Diego could well be one of the best players in the world in a few years. He has all the right tools. And normally, I don't use comparisons, but Diego as the 'new Zidane' could be very much applicable in a few years.

Last edited:

Shit mn!! i'm actually thinking liverpool can do a lot in Champions League. that can be bad for us also. Man that guy Mascherano--is he on drugs all the time??

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/...objectid=20568558&siteid=50061-name_page.html

Tom Hicks 'set to move on Dubai'

Mar 6 2008

by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

Tom Hicks in the directors box - Picture: Colin Lane

A DEAL for Dubai International Capital to buy George Gillett’s Liverpool stake is imminent, it has been claimed.

Sources close to DIC today revealed Tom Hicks is ready to drop his resistance to George Gillett selling his stake in Liverpool Football Club to DIC.

An offer from DIC for Gillett’s shares remains on the table and should the American accept he would walk away from Anfield with a profit of around £40m.

Gillett is believed to want more and DIC remain insistent they will not be raising their offer but with talks still going on between the two parties it is thought a deal could be reached within days.

Story continues Continue story
ADVERTISEMENT
Click!

Hicks’ reluctance to enter into any sort of partnership with DIC is well known and on several occasions he has spoken of his willingness to use a veto to block any such deal.

But he has been in touch with DIC in the last 24 hours to tell them he will not stand in their way if they can agree a price with Gillett. He has also told DIC he is willing to enter into talks with them at the earliest possible opportunity to discuss the future of the club.

DIC’s growing confidence that a deal can and will be done saw them dispatch a representative to Anfield for last night’s Premier League game against West Ham.

The representative met with members of various fans group in a bid to gauge their opinion about the club and the best way forward for it.

He also witnessed first hand the latest protest by fans against the current owners with a demonstration which lasted the full 15 minutes of the half-time interval.

The Spirit of Shankly has already indicated it is ready to offer DIC a cautious welcome and would be prepared to enter into a dialogue with them.

wait a minute it`s only 1 American selling not both ...you think the change will come w/ 1 gone you lots are grasping for straws now. There will be more backroom problems , a club w/ such history should be kept in English hands. I`m not too familiar w/ US sport owners ,but I can`t imagine Fidel Castro buying the NY Yankees or N.Korea president buying LA Galaxy having David Beckham as his poster boy. OK !I amit abit of a stretch nonetheless core values starts in the foundation of a club.

The good news is L`pool is playing good football so backroom should stay in the back..stop the chanting about owners and support your club give the players motivation not politics ffs

wait a minute it`s only 1 American selling not both ...you think the change will come w/ 1 gone you lots are grasping for straws now. There will be more backroom problems , a club w/ such history should be kept in English hands. I`m not too familiar w/ US sport owners ,but I can`t imagine Fidel Castro buying the NY Yankees or N.Korea president buying LA Galaxy having David Beckham as his poster boy. OK !I amit abit of a stretch nonetheless core values starts in the foundation of a club.

The good news is L`pool is playing good football so backroom should stay in the back..stop the chanting about owners and support your club give the players motivation not politics ffs

I think with Gillett selling, DIC and Hicks will be 50-50 partners. Now with the help of Coco and Moores, DIC are hoping to gradually decrease Hick's influence in the club, and eventually buy him out.

Remember that this 'claim' has no reliable source whatsoever, so I doubt it very much. Don't get your hopes high Abh, but I don't think I mind the hicks or anybody else, as long as they can bring it the money to buy players that Liverpool needs and SHUTS UP after that, then everything should be okay. Even during Moores's reign I didn't even know he was the owner until just before Liverpool was sold. So, as long as it is a silent owner with cash, I'm happy.

I believe it's just because Liverpool's playing so poorly since the start of the year that the feud over Ownership started to become a topic.

TOP 5 Scorers from the top 4 Sides. Looks pretty even to me doesnt it?

Liverpool
Torres - 24 (0)
Gerrard - 18 (5)
Benayoun - 10 (0)
Kuyt - 9 (2)
Babel - 8 (0)

Arsenal
Adebayor - 23 (3)
Fàbregas - 13 (0)
Eduardo - 12 (0)
Rosicky - 7 (0)
Van Persie - 7 (1)

Chelsea
Lampard - 13 (3)
Drogba - 10 (0)
Kalou - 9 (0)
Shevchenko - 7 (1)
Joe Cole - 6 (0)

Manchester United
Ronaldo - 30 (4)
Tevez - 15 (0)
Rooney - 14 (1)
Saha - 5 (2)
Ferdinand - 4 (1)

In other news:

"Reports by the Spanish media today claim that agents representing Liverpool Football Club have arrived in Spain to meet Valencia officials.

Actual video footage on a news bulletin showed the suits arriving at the Estadio Mestalla late last night while the Reds were in action against West Ham"

You never know, it could be both.

We will soon turn into the Latin American All Stars. Hopefully they all have European passports if the non EU rule comes in.

Mascherano, Aurelio, Lucas, Torres, Alonso, Villa, Silva, Arbeloa, Reina, Leto, Insua, Bruna, Pacheco

270208-torres.jpg

pfft who is this super fan wannabe?

If anyone think Torres is simply using us as a stepping stone to 'something' bigger. Why not watch these series of interviews. He looks emotional speaking about the club, truly proud. He's not one of the these bigger than Jesus strikers who bitches about a club behind their backs and dreams of moving to Barca, Madrid and Milan, whilst pretending the kiss their current clubs's badge when they score.

Watch the boy talk about the fans and his song, then stand in awe surveying the trophy room, and then meeting 4 Liverpool legends going through their memories and talking about how special the clubs is.

Try to ignore Souness bitching about Benitez spouting crap about rotation and Torres 'not playing enough'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR8EU8UaHZo Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tto7bcWUy3k Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQtH4Gh79Zk Part 3

Last edited:

Torres is Liverpool class through and through. He'll be as big as Fowler was for us in the next few years.

Benitez wont be going back to Valencia for a LOOOONG time, he doesn't even visit there anymore.

I heard a rumour that Reina wants to go to Atletico Madrid. Can anyone tell me if this is true or not?

Atletico want Reina but I can't see Reina going anywhere like Atletico. Why would he? He loves Liverpool, the fans love him, and he's got a better chance of winning cups with us. All paper talk, making up stories to sell papers.

Back
Top Bottom