Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

We got beat 1-0 a month ago. Battered them all game only to not score, then Mark Noble scored a penalty in the 90th minute.

AHHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAA Fucking hell, you're killing me!! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Are you going by what Rafa 'sour grapes, under pressure, looking for an excuse' Benitez said after the match?

I was there mate and you are so far from the truth it is hysterical.;))

I said all due respect mate. At the end of the day, we're fighting for fourth position, West Ham aren't. Teams in our position should be expected to beat teams where West Ham are, and we shouldn't have to rely on one player for us to win that game.

You are right here though.

Oooh I remember the West Ham game now. Don't worry, they did the same to us. Again. :(

Are you implying you deserved to win that game too? :LOL::LOL:

We deserved to win both games against you and Liverpool.
Even Ferguson cam out and said we were worthy of the win, as did nearly all pundits who watched it.
(again, I was at the game,- did you see the full 90mins?)

Good attacking team out tonight, looking forward to this one!

Good team, but still don't know why Riise got a game ahead of Aurelio. And Beni should play ahead of Kuyt. But good team, he's not changing the attackers, hopefully they have started building an understanding.

Our line-up has been announced and we'll probably go like this:

........................Green

..Neill.....Ferdinand......Upson.....McCartney

..Solano....Mullins.......Noble......Ljungberg

...............................Boa Morte
.....................Cole

(Perhaps swap LBM for Ljungberg)

Subs: Wright, Pantsil, Spector, Zamora, Ashton

Shame that Freddie Sears hasn't made the bench after travelling with the squad.
Cannot wait to see him given a run-out.

Should be a good game lads... gonna try get a stream.

Who's this Sears guy? A youth player?

Yes mate, played for England youth too.
Scored a lot of goals for our U19 and reserves.

I wrote up a profile on him in the 'future stars' thread if you fancy a gander;))

Again, Skrtel looks brilliant. As if he's played for us for years!

Excellent performance so far :D Babel is clearly growing in confidence, if only he just had a bit more aggresiveness to his play.

How is Lucas Neill still playing in the Premier League? I'm chuffed that we didn't sign him, the guy is a HUGE liability, just too rash and makes far too many mistakes.

I do feel we'll need a second goal though, no doubt West Ham will have a decent spell in the second half and we need to get a cushion here before they get their chances.

I also think we need to get the ball to Torres' feet more so he can take people on. He's brilliant at dribbling with the ball and tricking defenders yet he keeps having to knock the ball down for Gerrard or Babel. We need to take advantage of Torres' footwork, and then we might see him scoring fifty goals a season :DANCE: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Brilliant! We are actually playing some football! Really pleased with the performance. Babel is giving nightmares to defenders, just needs to add some end product. And Skrtel was IMMENSE! Can't wait to see him and Dagger together.

But we need the 2nd! We all know what can happen unless we get the 2nd goal.

And what a finish by Torres! We have some player on our hands!

Good to hear the protest being mentioned on the broadcasting too, apparantly Radio City had the "lying bastards" chant pretty loud at the start of half time :lol:

Game killed off by Nando!

Nice run by Skrtel!

Benayoun is in! Now this is my best team! Let's see!

Torres :shock:

Well done lads, since the Inter game you've been on a roll. Hats off to Liverpool FC. :)

Wow, you really have a TOP TOP player in Torres, he could be considered World Player of the Year if he played for a big club:-pp:SMOKIN:

Stevie just carried the ball over to Nando on the bench at FT. Torres departs, players patting his back, high fiving with the kids near the tunnel.

Back
Top Bottom