Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

BRILLIANT performance! EVERYONE played their part tonight, everyone impressed me and I don't want to single players out but I'm going to anyway :D

AGAIN Skrtel was superb, no-nonsense, gets stuck in and is a double-hard bastard getting whacked by Reina and still being the first up :lol:

Torres. Words can't describe how much of a talent he is. I knew he was good when he played for Atletico but I didn't realise how good!

Wow. Just wow. Seems we kept our best run of form until the last part of the season? Is it Rafa's rotation? Kept the players fit and now it's starting to show? Why have we suddenly gotten so much better? Maybe the players know the Americans are going to piss off? :D

Just seen you've got Newcastle next. I reckon you can give them a serious going over. You're in good form, they are in terrible form, the omens are good.

Another hatrick for Torres?

Now, that was enjoyable! Some good attacking play, some consistency, a clean sheet, and Torres scoring for fun! Happy days!

I still can't believe this is the same Torres that played for Atletico last season! I really can't! He's transformed! 24 for the season so far! Not bad at all!

Skrtel was absolute BOSS today as well! Lovely run by Skrtel! And he's a really, really good passer I must say. Brings the ball out of defense very smoothly!

Back to 4th, FINALLY played the game in hand, and a really good performance. Babel had a good day, again it's his decision making and his left peg, but that will all come IMO with time.

The commentator was getting on my nerves though. First 15 mins of the half, he was "Liverpool have been very average, West Ham can come back".

After Torres smashed 2 goals, he was "Yes, I told you there would be more goals". Idiot

And looks like Roma beat Madrid (to my delight!) Let's see what Eamon Durphy has to say about that

Just seen you've got Newcastle next. I reckon you can give them a serious going over. You're in good form, they are in terrible form, the omens are good.

Another hatrick for Torres?

Definitely another hat trick on the cards! :SMOKIN:

Hmm, yeh Kev would love to do it at Anfield! And a little welcome back for Owen as well!

But their defense is absolute rubbish mate, Torres should have a field day!

Note: Torres is NOT ISOLATED when playing up front. This formation is PERFECT for us! Bring in Diego, and some attacking full backs and we're set.

Babel REALLY needs to learn how to use his left foot too, he had some great chances but ruined them by forcing himself onto his right :( And when he did use his left, it was a decent pass to Gerrard :lol:

Skrtel definately impresses me in that he doesn't do what Hyppia and Carra do, which is always punt the ball. He looks like he's used to passing it along the ground. And that's a very good thing.

Yep and I've been saying that all along this season. We're not far off, we need to find consistency and the players need to build partnerships. Add wide players and maybe another forward with creativity and we'll be set.

Masch, Gerrard and Alonso need more and more games in the middle. The dilemma now is if we should bring Agger back, when Skrtel looks very settled next to Carra.

Yeh, Babel should be working on the left foot NOW!

TBH, it does take time for the left foot, if you have completely ignored it like Ryan. But he beats players for fun, and is explosive. Rafa needs to sort out his left peg though.

Yep and I've been saying that all along this season. We're not far off, we need to find consistency and the players need to build partnerships. Add wide players and maybe another forward with creativity and we'll be set.

Masch, Gerrard and Alonso need more and more games in the middle. The dilemma now is if we should bring Agger back, when Skrtel looks very settled next to Carra.

Try Agger and Skrtel together! :w00t:

Or really, Agger will need some time to settle down. Defo Carra and Hyypia for the CL though, experience is invaluable.

I think Carra might be getting used more and more as a right-back as time goes on. Skrtel and Agger is going to be our future partnership and neither of those are used to playing at RB as Carra is (well, maybe Skrtel is, who knows?) but I do think we'll be seeing a back line of Aurelio/Riise, Agger, Skrtel, Carra.

If you overlook Carragher at centreback and start playing him at right back he might pack football in all together!

That's interesting about the home goals, it shows that you need improve your goals away from home because you've scored half as many but actually conceded less which is strange.

Btw, thanks steevio for the help! Much appreciated! ;)

No problems fella... just wish I hadn't watched it now!

Mate, don't attack me, you beat us fair and square! Where the hell did I say you didn't? Chill out mate. ;))

When you said 'did the same to us', I thought you were referring to what Dags said about 'Liverpool battering us and losing in the last minute'.
My bad;))

As for tonight... someone please shoot me.
We deserved NOTHING at al from this game and were taught a lesson in forward play by a genuinely class striker.
He has always been wasteful and hit & miss, but the boy is coming good.
Skrtel looks like a very good centre back and I agree that Babel needs to stop cutting in so much as it is a little too predictable.
Although Lucas Neill, who is getting worse and worse, still got fucked over by him.

I'm surprised we are still 10th considering we have the attacking threat of a log.
We are just a hard team to beat (minus the last 2 games!) but we really need to start to attack teams and take risks.
I don't want us to turn into another Charlton.

Glad Zamora is back and Ashton is looking leaner and bucking his ideas up, but Curbs.. give the boy Sears a chance!! What have you got to lose?!!

Anyway, this isn't about West Ham, but I get bored as noone posts in our thread:((:LOL:

Great performance from you lot tonight and a massive difference to the game at Upton Park,- am shocked it is the same team!:))

I also loved the bit when Pepe and Skrtel had a collision. Both wanted to show who was tougher. The ref than asked Pepe how he was, Pepe said, Im fine look at him. He asked Skrtel, and Martin said the same thing. Made me chuckle that bit :DD

And great to see Stevie take the ball from the ref and give it to Nando. I must say, after a long time, the atmosphere among the players looks very positive. The captain and the rest all seem very happy now. No wonder it's coincided with some good performances.

I'm really liking this settled 4-2-1-3/4-2-3-1 formation which suits everyone down to the ground, assuming this is the blueprint for next season what we need as has probably been stated are two attacking fullbacks and that creative genius in the middle...

-------------------------Reina---------------------

---?????-----Carragher-----Agger-----?????---

------------Mascherano-----Alonso-------------

-------------------------?????-----------------------

----------Gerrard-----Torres-----Babel--------

Daniel Alves, Juan Vargas & Diego would be my choices for this team to reach it's peak but what are we looking at financially, £50m+? Won't happen will it, so what alternatives do you guys reckon would suit this system but at a cheaper rate and would it be good enough to challenge for the league next season?

I'm really liking this settled 4-2-1-3/4-2-3-1 formation which suits everyone down to the ground, assuming this is the blueprint for next season what we need as has probably been stated are two attacking fullbacks and that creative genius in the middle...

Daniel Alves, Juan Vargas & Diego would be my choices for this team to reach it's peak but what are we looking at financially, £50m+? Won't happen will it, so what alternatives do you guys reckon would suit this system but at a cheaper rate and would it be good enough to challenge for the league next season?

Rafinha, Vargas and Diego. Let's be honest, Alves is beyond our reach now. I expect us to make one big name signing at least, and Diego's our creative genius. Rafinha and Vargas attacking full backs, 12-15 million total?

All 3 should cost 35 million. 20 million less than last season's spending. Buy a backup striker for Torres, and we are set :DUMMY:

Last edited:

What I like about Liverpool at the moment is that you're full of GOALS. This has certainly been a problem for you guys - I worry about you coming to Old Trafford now because you have a goal or two in you, that wasn't the case three or four weeks ago.

I'll swallow my pride here and say it's good to have you up there with the Chavs, Arsenal & us again; we NEED you guys, Everton, Villa and maybe Spurs next year to make the Premiership an even better & more exciting league than it is now. :)

Mike (right?), I think it's all a confidence issue with us. You see us playing against Wigan and you know the confidence is not there. You can see that the players are unsettled and not really together. I think that's changed ever since Gerrard gave that interview. I really think that Rafa say down with Stevie, and had a talk, and then with the whole team. The team just looks so much happier now.

I envy you lot for having the wonder kid.

:w00t: why? you have ronaldo , now thats the complete article!!now thats envy justified and simple, well done to l.f.c tonight didnt see it but 4-0 tells the story and yes nando is v.special alright.

Yes it is Mike :) What's your name mate? (or is it Abishek, excuse my ignorance.)

I do agree about the confidence thing - it's the same with ALL football teams. Look at the England national team. They have plenty of talent but played with NO confidence under McClaren. Good manager's can install that into a squad.

Blue4Life: I wouldn't swap Ronaldo for ANY player in the world mate. He is a joy to watch. Nando & Fabregas are my other two favourite players in England right now though. :)

Rafinha, Vargas and Diego. Let's be honest, Alves is beyond our reach now. I expect us to make one big name signing at least, and Diego's our creative genius. Rafinha and Vargas attacking full backs, 12-15 million total?

All 3 should cost 35 million. 20 million less than last season's spending. Buy a backup striker for Torres, and we are set :DUMMY:

Just a personal preference but I don't like the look of Rafinha you've probably seen more of him than me, is he what we're looking for or are there any better alternatives out there? This backup striker, who'd you suggest is worthwhile and could do an adequate job if Torres is out?

What about David Villa? He would be a perfect partner for Torres as they will be playing together in Euro 2008.

Wouldn't work with this formation and from what I've seen from the national team they don't seem to play that well together...

The 'creative genius' in the behind the front 3, would be Gerrard wouldn't it? I'm not sure I'd like the idea of him up front, wide right. I'd be looking at sticking Babel on right, and getting a left footer, with the two switching flanks ever now and again.

The 'creative genius' in the behind the front 3, would be Gerrard wouldn't it? I'm not sure I'd like the idea of him up front, wide right. I'd be looking at sticking Babel on right, and getting a left footer, with the two switching flanks ever now and again.

Fully agree. I'd like to see Gerrard behind the forwards, Babel using his natural foot and go get us a quality left-winger.

So Gerrard stays where he is, Babel to the right and someone like Mancini on the left, I'd be happy with that.

But

I personally think we still need someone like Diego because Gerrard is everything but a "creative genius" in the sense that he cannot dictate the tempo of a game and unlock those stubborn defenses, he won't be predominantly on the right but more in a free role across the front three switching with Diego & Babel/Mancini, just the way I see it for this formation to fully flourish with the new attacking fullbacks of course.

Gerrard-----Diego-----Babel/Mancini

--------------Torres----------------

Back
Top Bottom