Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Although some people at RAWK are saying this may not be the 24 hour period. Pretty tense day today I reckon.

DIC walked away because they issued a "take it or leave it" to Moores and Moores didn't want to be pressurised into making a decision. So the deadline passed, Moores didn't make any decision and DIC said "sod ya then" and felt Moores wasn't commited to them enough.

DIC walked away because they issued a "take it or leave it" to Moores and Moores didn't want to be pressurised into making a decision. So the deadline passed, Moores didn't make any decision and DIC said "sod ya then" and felt Moores wasn't commited to them enough.

lol they've told they americans to "take it or leave it"...

maybe they didnt learn last time....

one way or another with rafa showing his inability in the league again this season, aswell as his piss poor attitude in dealing with his bosses and the media, theres gonna be alot of change again next season...

I am personally sick and tired of all this. We have become a joke in the media. Fuck you Dicks. Get your money and get out, and get some stability in the club!

And now we're seeing someone say Hicks replied to their email and said he's turned down DIC's bid :(

How much longer is this going to go on? :(

Tom Hicks releases a statement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is true that I have rejected George's offer to sell all of his stake in Kop Football Ltd and his holdings to the DIC. As previously stated we have an agreement that we could have first refusal on each others shares. George has stated his desire to relinquish his ownership of Liverpool Football Club and I have rejected his offer to sell to the DIC.

I am 100% committed to this soccer club for now and for the long term future. I will not be selling to anyone including the DIC or any other interested party.

As far as I am concerned they club will be in my families hands for many years to come and that is the closure of this matter for now"

------------------------------------------------------------

We're fucked :(

I don't care now if Hicks is the owner or DIC. I just want all this fucking about to stop.

Last edited:

Gosh it's the Liverpool media circus .. when it'll come to town?

Can I sleep now? All this craziness makes me awake at this f*cking time of the day (1 AM).

It's funny how many times the word DIC is mentioned in this thread of late! :lol:

From RAWK about the whole takeover nonsense ...

-----------

Reading this thread has been like being in a lifeboat.

Look there's a ship
No it isn't
Yes it is
Oh yeah it is
It will probably miss us
No it's seen us
no it hasn't
Oh fuck it will probably sink before it gets here
Were doomed
Were doomed

Hicks is a cunt, so basically he has trapped Gillete in and he wants out, and can't get out. Hmmm. Gilette is a twat for agreeing to first refusal or whatever it is.

Hicks is really going to be risking his life if he ever sets foot in this country again.

The only way he will leave is mass fan action. But to be honest, I'm beginning to think its time to drop everything and bring back stabillity to the club.

I'm not sure that Hicks is just playing for time and trying to drive the price up.

No matter what he does, how much money he throws at us, he'll never be wanted by the fans.

I bet Gillett feels like a knob too. Considering taking over Liverpool was his idea and Hicks was only brought in to help raise funds, now Gillett wants out of his own idea and is being held to ransom.

Benitez: Clueless.

Liverpool owners: Wankers.

Liverpool Squad: AVERAGE. Not good enough to win the title.

Bar Torres and Gerrard, Liverpool FC are NOT good enough. You can blame the owners all you want; the basics need to be addressed first.

Oh ffs Plan M, you've said it about a thousand times.

And do you not consider Reina, Mascherano, Carragher and Agger to be not good enough for the title, because quite frankly that is bollox. They are some of the best players for those positions in Europe. Carragher is probably on a decline but is still top class at reading the game, more so than Rio and Terry IMO.

Average squads finish midtable. Average squads dont get to the Knockout stages of the CL time after time. We aren't mid table and we've had a bad season with unstabillity throughout.

Are you actually Andy Gray's echo?

Last edited:

Just Torres and Gerrard? Not Reina? Agger? Skrtel? Carragher? Alonso? Mascherano? Babel?

Alonso? I wouldn't have him in my team! One-footed Babel? Ditto.

The harsh fact is that I look at Arsenal & Chelsea and they have plenty of players that I'd love at my team. I look at Liverpool and only Gerrard & Torres do it for me. I'm sorry that it's hard for you guys to digest but that's my opinion, no offence intended. :)

Peter: I ALWAYS respect your input here and sorry if I sound like Andy "I don't have a clue" Gray.

Alonso? I wouldn't have him in my team! One-footed Babel? Ditto.

The harsh fact is that I look at Arsenal & Chelsea and they have plenty of players that I'd love at my team. I look at Liverpool and only Gerrard & Torres do it for me. I'm sorry that it's hard for you guys to digest but that's my opinion, no offence intended. :)

Peter: I ALWAYS respect your input here and sorry if I sound like Andy "I don't have a clue" Gray.

TBH, I would only have Ronaldo (who wouldn't), Tevez and maybe Nani from United.

You don't like Alonso, but IMO, Alonso is the best passer in the EPL, and in a different league to Carrick. Mash > Hargreaves, and I don't need to explain why. People are going to pick on Babel being one footed in his FIRST season in a top league, but let me remind you of a certain Cristiano Ronaldo and Thierry Henry who couldn't use their left foot in their first seasons and gradually developed their game in that respect.

Except Casillas, I wouldn't have any keeper over Reina, and Reina is the man in a penalty shoot out. Carra, despite a poor season, is still one of the best CB when it comes to reading the game. Agger has already developed a lot, and is also essential to our attacking play. Arbeloa has improved by MILES this season, and has developed his attacking game. 2M for a bargain.

So really, I respect your opinion, but I wouldn't have more than 2-3 United players at Liverpool either. The manager and the players have to take HUGE responsibility, but the owners are a huge part of this problem.

Do you expect the players to listen to the manager, knowing he might be sacked the next day? Do you expect the players to believe in the manager? What is Rafa supposed to do, that even though he's 6 points behind the leaders with a game in hand, undefeated in December, after scoring 21 goals in 5 games, the owners are talking to Klinsmann, who has never managed a club team before? What is Rafa supposed to do, that if he doesn't win the game at Marseille, he WILL be sacked? Most managers would have left, but Rafa won't because he loves this club. He's as passionate as any other fan, and he is building for the future? He isn't given credit, but he's completely revamped the youth system.

I have my share of problems with Rafa, but for what he's done for us, he deserves to complete the 2 years in his contract. The fact that he got 82 points in his second season, one point behind you lot, and 9 behind Chelsea, shows that he CAN do well in the league. He beat the Real Madrid team of Zidanes, and Ronaldos, in Spain, and I think he can do it here. This season was our best start ever, and it was only when the owners talked about Klinsmann that we had that horrid run of 6 games without a win.

He's pulled something out of the bag, and brought us back on track. I am hoping we can continue this, and am personally sick and tired of all this ownership rubbish. I really don't care now if Hicks becomes 100% owner, as long as that brings some stability to the future of the club. Financially, we'll be ruined, but at least we'll know we have that twat for the next x years. It's obvious he doesn't have the money to back his talk. Rafa's going to get his usual 25M to spend, and hopefully with some player sales, we can add some quality, and attacking flair to the team.

Btw, well done on going through the last 8. Poor performance, but you won, and that's what matters

Latest rumour in Italy is that Lippi is gonna coach L'Pool next season? Would be great for you lot, but I want him at Juve!!!

Hmm, haven't heard of that. Only Italian manager linked to us was Prandelli. TBH, Lippi is the only manager who would have a CV as impressive as Rafa's. But didn't Lippi say he won't come to England.

But why do you want to change Ranieri? Ranieri is a master at building legacies. Look at Valencia and Chelsea. He will ensure that Juventus remains around the top for years to come.

Ranieri aka Stinkerman is a complete fool and incapable of leading Juve towards greatness...He has won nothing, makes retarded decisions on tactical matters and on transfer matters and cannot for the life of him create a balanced squad that works as a team..I saw every Juve game the last 15 years and as far as I can remember, he's the worst coach in Juve history... Dom, where you at? Back me up on this:-pp

No point in Gillett talking to DIC, Hicks has already said he'll block the sale. Gillett has already agreed, in principle, to sell to DIC anyway. But if Hicks continues to be so stubborn, then Gillett doesn't come into it. We need Hicks out of the way.

It says on the BBC website you are playing WEst Ham tonight?!

I thought you were playing Inter in the second leg?!

Whats going on?!

Back
Top Bottom