Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

No injuries, United treble off, Torres and Gerrard climb further up the goalscoring charts, 2 points behind Chelsea (albeit they have 2 games to play)

Another Clean Sheet and solid performance for Skrtel et co. Xabi looking back to his best.

Thought only Riise, Benayoun and Pennant were poor today.

Perfect day, eh Peter? :D

Just a few facts

1. Riise is shit. Offensively and defensively. FACT Hope he played only so that Aurelio could keep fit for Inter

2. Kuyt is shit. FACT

3. We are shit at corners. FACT

Good day, I'll sleep at peace with myself :)

TBH, we didn't. It was some brilliants plays by Gerrard and Torres. Though I do feel Rafa told the players to slow down after we went up.

Gerrard and Torres are in brilliant form. They could destroy Inter on the counter, against 2 slow center backs, especially since Inter will attack.

expect Babel to play a key role.

Think we'll go with:

Finnan----Carra-----Skrtel/Hyypia----Aurelio

----------------Alonso----Mascherano (if fit)--

----Kuyt-----------------Gerrard----------Babel

----------------------Torres-------------------

Yup, Rafa is well aware that we could destroy them with our pace. I think Babel was rested specifically for the Inter game.

What do you guys think about DIC saying they'll accept a 49% share? I'm not happy about Hicks having main control but at least DIC will have a say in matters, and will also help to fund us a bit.

I dont mind, fact is we'll have money avaliable from both Hicks and DIC. DIC aren't stupid, they are probably certain Hicks will sell when the time is right for his pockets.

I have no fucking idea how this partnership is going to work! We might get some details in the coming weeks.

Might I add, what a FUCKING CLASS goal scored by Torres today. He dummied the keeper without touching the ball. Fucking world class!

Gosh Abh I'm happy with the win but not like .. f*ck that was good ..

Perfect preparation for Inter.

Another great result for you lot today. :applause:

Who you got next in the league?

You'll be ok; Liverpool are impressing me of late and to be VERY honest, I thought you lot were doomed a few weeks ago.

aye strange, but then we have Arsenal, United and Spurs to travel to.

Missing a few out:

Tuesday, 11 March 2008
UEFA Champions League
Inter Milan v Liverpool, (agg 0-2), R1, L2, 19:45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 15 March 2008
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool v Reading, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, 23 March 2008
Barclays Premier League
Man Utd v Liverpool, 13:30

Sunday, 30 March 2008
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool v Everton, 16:00

Saturday, 05 April 2008
Barclays Premier League
Arsenal v Liverpool, 15:00

Sunday, 13 April 2008
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool v Blackburn, 13:30

Saturday, 19 April 2008
Barclays Premier League
Fulham v Liverpool, 15:00

Saturday, 26 April 2008
Barclays Premier League
Birmingham v Liverpool, 15:00

Saturday, 03 May 2008
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool v Man City, 15:00

Sunday, 11 May 2008
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Liverpool, 15:00

Tuesday, 11 March 2008
UEFA Champions League
Inter Milan v Liverpool, (agg 0-2), R1, L2, 19:45

win over two legs

Saturday, 15 March 2008
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool v Reading, 15:00

win

Sunday, 23 March 2008
Barclays Premier League
Man Utd v Liverpool, 13:30

loss

Sunday, 30 March 2008
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool v Everton, 16:00

loss :EASY::-pp

Saturday, 05 April 2008
Barclays Premier League
Arsenal v Liverpool, 15:00

loss

Sunday, 13 April 2008
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool v Blackburn, 13:30

win

Saturday, 19 April 2008
Barclays Premier League
Fulham v Liverpool, 15:00

win

Saturday, 26 April 2008
Barclays Premier League
Birmingham v Liverpool, 15:00

win

Saturday, 03 May 2008
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool v Man City, 15:00

draw

Sunday, 11 May 2008
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Liverpool, 15:00

loss

Overall I see you winning 4 epl games and losing 4 and drawing one. I dont think it will be enough to finish fourth.

You will get to the semi finals of champs league and get beat by chelsea.

You read it here first!!!!!

Think maybe some of you lads and Liverpool/football fans in general are quite harsh on Kuyt.

You think all of Torres' good form is only him?
For every great striker banging in the goals, there is a player doing the running off the ball and the donkey work.
People like to criticise Shevchenko too, but he was a great foil for Drogba and formed a goo partnership and Drogba got a lot of the credit and sadly because of Sheva's reputation and price tag, people chose to criticise him.

People were reading over the top press stories about Kuyt being the 'next best thing' etc, but all those that saw him play knew he wasn't world class and that he wasn't as good as many had thought.
That and with his price tag, I think a few people have maybe been a little disappointed that he isn't a world beater, but the reality is that he never was.
Kuyt hasn't been brilliant by all means, but he has scored about 10-12 goals this year, probably been involved in many more,- not so much direct assists, but more with his movement and link up play and one thing is that he ALWAYS gives 100%.
There's not much worse than a player playing for your club that doesn't want to try. I will never ever criticise a player who may not be blessed with great skill, but always gives his all.

So some may be disappointed with him, but I think to call him shit, awful, rubbish etc etc, is very over the top and unfair.

I think if he wasn't in the team, there will be a fair amount lost from the team unit.
And I reckon Torres would suffer from it big time.
Everyone would love a Diego or Kaka in their team pulling the strings, but unless you get one and until he arrives, I think the guy deserves a bit of slack. :)

(Not having a dig at any of you in particular, just generally people that choose to flippantly dismiss him)

Kuyt is good for the time being. His crosses are really good! But not the long term solution.

Also, I thought Lucas was really good yesterday. Some really nice passes. But got tired at the end.

Was just watching highlights on match of the day. Have the ref's been told not to make any important decisions?! The amount of goal related incidents going "unnoticed" can't be a coincidense.

Bla - Ful: The pederson goal, the dragback of the fulham striker when through, Ooier bringing a player down in the area.

Rea-City: Two penalties for city from what I saw, atleast one anyway, instead the player gets booked

Liv-New: quite a few handballs from newcastle that didnt even get a foul, at one point 5 liverpool / 4 newcaslte players just stood still for about 3sec as it was so obvious yet nothing given. Happend quite a few times aswell.

Manu-Pompy: from the flash of a highlight I saw it looked like a pen for ronaldo

Seems to be so many recently and so many just being ignored that it can't be crapness on the refs part only.

Also, another great flucky goal for Liverpool! Amazing the recent run of fortunate goals. The others were all good though, and Liverpool were pretty poor on the whole, too much rotation. Or more precisely the players coming in weren't doing their jobs well enough. And probably one eye on tuesday. Decent performance in that respect when we can end the match after 50min and do a resting performence for the rest of the match.

Back
Top Bottom