Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Hmm, some good news for us.

Liverpool are the only team to score hat tricks in the EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup and UCL :applaud:

Well in Nando and Yossi :))

that`s good news ..I know you lots have more draws than anyone too 5th spot w/ 3 loses seem strange. A lost record like that should surely be fighting for a title

Worth giving them both a go upfront no?

Definitely! :beer:

that`s good news ..I know you lots have more draws than anyone too 5th spot w/ 3 loses seem strange. A lost record like that should surely be fighting for a title

Well, that points out to 2 things IMO.

1. Our lack of quality, in finishing of our opposition, especially at home when they just park the bus in front of goal. Lack of cutting edge if you like.

2. We always try to fight back when we're behind. It's very difficult to beat us. That's the sort of mentality Rafa has. Not lose.

Take out your own conclusions.

Good post Eaton, cheers.

I'm more hopeful of DIC doing a better job as they certainly have the money to back up all of the talk and I'm sure they'll back us with money to at least compete with the best. Saying that, you just don't know really, it could be out of the frying pan etc. But Hicks and Gillette have made too many cock-up's in such a short space of time that it just isn't good for them to stay around for much longer. It would take HUUUUGE amounts of cash for Rafa (yes, Rafa) to buy WHOEVER he wants, with them keeping completely quiet from now on. And neither of those are likely to happen I feel.

I think that's a pretty reasonable outlook. Certainly DIC bring more money, and as a Liverpool supporter you have to hope that the DIC look at Liverpool as a toy to play with, and NOT as another investment for them to turn around and sell (as they have done with many investments so far). Understandably, turning a profit on buying/upgrading/selling a club is nice for them, but might not be in the best interests of the team.

I'm just completely in the dark as to how the DIC view owning Liverpool. Hopefully, it will be as a toy the use to compete with the other rich people of the world and Liverpool will see some true capital investment. But they could be much worse than Hicks and Gillett. They could come in, sell of the clubs assets (big players), build a new stadium, then sell the club for a huge profit despite leaving the future of the team in shambles... or they could be the best owners in history... who knows?

At the very least, Hicks enjoys owning and operating sports teams and he certainly wants his teams to be successful.

I don't understand why Hicks and Gillett staying around makes it more expensive for Rafa to buy players? Is that because you don't think they allow Rafa to buy players early enough in the transfer window? To me, it seems as if the DIC ownership will make it expensive for Liverpool in the same vein as how Chelsea has to pay double the price for everyone since they are flush with cash.

Last edited:

It doesn't make it more expensive. What I meant by saying they'd need huge amounts of cash was to say that giving Rafa £20m to spend in the Summer just wont cut it. We clearly need more than that to be spent on the squad and I just can't see them giving Rafa more than £30m max in the Summer, which will get us one, MAYBE two world class players, but we need more than that. It's all just a waiting game, a slow and draining waiting game :(

Bolton away on Sunday, I'd fancy us to get a win there to be honest. When you look at their recent performances then they're not exactly the same team they were under Big Sam. And we're STARTING to get a bit of form and play a BIT better now so I'm (naively?) expecting a win. 2-1 to Liverpool, with us scoring the second in the last ten minutes.

Dags how many times have you predicted a win and Liverpool have lost! :lol: ;)

I reckon 1-1.

Have I predicted wins before? I don't remember predicting a win more than once?

Bolton away will be tough. This would be my team

Reina

Arby
Carra
Skrtel
Aurelio

Mash
Xabi
Gerrard

Babel (on the right)
Yossi
Torres

4-2-3-1 which has worked for us. We destroyed them last time around, with a immense game for Lucas. I would rest, looks a bit tired the lad.

We have won 2 games, but our attacking play still doesn't convince me enough. We need Xabi there to find Babel, Arby and Yossi (who are much more mobile than Pennant and Kuyt).

No predictions from me, don't wanna make a fool of myself.

More proof Hicks is a knob?

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has hinted that he may not allow George Gillett to sell his 50 per cent stake in the club.

Hicks insisted only this week that he is not interested in selling his stake in Liverpool.

Neither man can sell without the other's consent and Hicks has revealed that he could block his fellow American if he tries to cut his ties with the club.

"Not only am I not going to sell, my partner cannot sell without my approval," Hicks said in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

"So, I kind of have the ability to determine the outcome of what is going to happen, and I am right in the middle of that."

Recent reports have suggested Dubai International Capital are considering making an offer for Gillett's half of Liverpool.

Hicks and Gillett took control of the Reds in 2007, but their time at Anfield has been shrouded in controversy as Liverpool have struggled on the field.

Dont know about it making him a knob. If I was in his position, and Gillet sold his stake to DIC, it would cut off my power. I would do the same.

But he's still a knob regardless ;)

Won't believe a word of it until it's official. It was supposed to be done almost a month ago.

all over the morning papers back page about hicks not selling and will halt any idea of selling from gillette but in hind sight it might be the less of two evils, goodness knows what shit dic will bring to our club , they wont have a clue either and why do we need foreigners to cough up the dough, that in my opinion has lessened the name of liverpool fc.....pissed off :rant:

oh yes...and now sky sports news hinting this could be the end of steven gerrard after his much published anguish of failing to win the league all these years. Its been reported that most of europes clubs are on high alert and watching events unfold even man united! Well maybe it would be for the best , maybe we need a complete clear out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom