Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

:lol:

I will eat my own poo if L'pool knock Inter out of the European Cup. It just won't happen.

I am 98% sure we won't get through this round, and I actually hope that we don't so we can bring an end to Rafalution and what not.

But, counting out Liverpool, in a CL match, when everything else is going wrong, is a big risk to take ;)

Well to be honest, in the Champions League which is Rafa's bread and butter, it's a 50-50 chance of beating Inter this round, and THAT I think would raise the team's spirit once again. But that's a big IF.

Im not starting a fight of words....please be advised, I think Liverpool made the EPL abit cheap and maybe Rafa should not buy via outsourcing and buy boys in the lower league even they know the pride and impact to play in Anfield. I hope Pool can turn it around and go through the next stage CL they have what it takes.

Im not starting a fight of words....please be advised, I think Liverpool made the EPL abit cheap and maybe Rafa should not buy via outsourcing and buy boys in the lower league even they know the pride and impact to play in Anfield. I hope Pool can turn it around and go through the next stage CL they have what it takes.

Liverpool made the EPL cheap? What do you mean?

meaning they should never have lost..When I think of pool I think of among the Kings of Europe... yes have an off day but at Anfield they should of won

I might have word it wrong not my intention
Edit: CL wininger's and finalist in this decade

Last edited:

Plan M summed it up nicely, 30 shots on goal, balls cleared off the line, hitting the bar, great saves, etc and we still manage to lose.

There is so much going wrong atm its ridiculous. Ownership nonsense, pako leaving, rotation, tactics, etc. However Ive seen quite a few games this season, and even though the rotation is a bit of a sore point most of the games Ive seen have seen Liverpool dominate the game only to not put the ball in the net. Today another great example, I saw one crouch effort that actually came back towards him FFS!

I mentioned this to my dad earlier in the season a couple of games after pako left, the players looked like they hadnt seen each other for a couple of months. So many passes were going astray it was shocking. And we havent recovered since really, the only games I can remember Liverpool really performing were the CL ones because I got the impression there were no tactics and tinkering with the team. They had a simple aim and that was "to win" and they managed quite convincingly in all of them. Since then the tactics have come back and its f#$ked the team up.

The first thing I thought when Babel was taken off is; "he's resting him for the Inter match". That was the only explanation as babel was our only dangerous player. Kewell cant even get past a championship player, and but for the one shot didnt do a thing.

I also couldnt help but be amused by the injurytime goal, this season is like a caricature, so many things seem to be going wrong it feels like its some fake exageration of the truth.

Rafa needs to win the CL if he wants to stay in the job, and Im not sure that is the best option atm. Like McClaren, I thought England getting knocked out would be the best at it would seal his firing. The way the team is playing it seems like half the dressing room has lost faith and even a CL win might only be plastering the existing structural cracks.

summed it up perfectly.. in nutshell rafa has got to go.. the team are playing like they have lost confidence in the manager.. end off..

Peter Eyres said:
I just want Agger back. There is a stats thread on another Liverpool forum that really is an eye opener into how important he is not only for our defence but for improving our attack by coming forward and raising our line and distributing. I honestly believe once Agger is back things will get easier.

Agree with everything you said.

And I also Agree that Dagger is VERY IMPORTANT to our attacking play. Carra and Hyypia are slow defenders due to which we have to play further back resulting in 'HOOF!'

Dagger is not only relatively quick, but is also brilliant at distributing, due to which we can hold a high line. I really hope he is back soon.

And yes, it's amazing to see so many average players in our squad. I think that Rafa has overachieved with this squad over the past few years. Kuyt, Voronin and Pennant are just not good enough. Sami, Finnan and Riise, despite being great servants of the club, just don't get it these days. And Kewell, who was one of the world's very best a few years ago, has transformed into a very, very average player. I won't be surprised to see another mass clear out in the summer, whether the manager is Rafa, or anyone else.

This club needs a complete change, from top to bottom, on and off the field.

He's spot on there. It's no longer just a bad run, it's gotten much more than that. And Carra has to take some blame for it.

tells you something when a player comes out with the type of comments he has..

But respect to JC for doing so..

cmon lads sort it out against Inter..

I would love JC to say, "Yes, I have not been performing to my level" like he used to earlier. This season, we really are seeing a different personality of Carra.

COME ON LIVERPOOL!!! BEAT INTER FOR THE PRIDE OF ITALY!!!! :D

I am not giving ourselves much of a chance, but nice to see the Milan supporters (and I expect the rest of Italy) with us :D

I think the key tomorrow is with these players (obvious choices)

1. Gerrard - He has been not even half his best this season, but we know that when he is at his best, he is arguably one of the best CMs in the world, and can turn any match around

2. Carra - Again, been appalling next season, but he will be given the job to take care of Ibrahimovic. Carra is more than able to keep him in his pocket, but he's just not been the same.

3. Mash - MONSTER!! He can completely nullify the Inter midfield, if he wants to. I am expecting a big performance from him tomorrow.

4. Torres - Has been injured, and I don't think we have seen a Fernando Torres 'day' yet. He has been scoring goals with some magical moments, but I haven't seen him dominate a whole game so far, which he is more than capable of doing. Great pace, and clinical finishing, with some flashy tricks here and there, he will give us something we didn't have last season, a thread up front (Kuyt was our threat last season :(). I really fucking hope Nando tears a new asshole for that absolute cunt of a player that is Materazzi (I hate him!). He fucking deserves it! Come on Nando, show him your wrath! :mrgreen:

Players we have to watch for

1. Maicon - I think he can be Inter's biggest threat, running up and down the right flank. Probably the best attacking right back after Alves in the world. He can absolutely destroy us, so I will be very interested in who Rafa plays on the left side (our WEAKEST side). We might play Riise, due to his experience, but I don't expect Babel to play on the left side, as Rafa would want him to track back as well to restrict Maicon.

2. Ibrahimovich - One of the best forwards in the world. He scores goals and gives assists, and extremely dangerous. Carra and Hyypia will have to perform on their best to take care of him.

3. Cruz - Inter's unsung hero. Pops in with goals very regularly, and he and Ibra will be more than a handful for our CBs.

4. Stankovic - Their playmaker, fantastic player, but I think Mash will be more than able to restrict him.

Overall, EXTREMELY tough match and I feel Inter are probably one of the strongest teams in Europe. The 12th man (supporters) will have to play a part, and the team has to play to their absolute best to win this one. BUT, this is Europe, and we have surprised people over and over again in Europe, and we can do it again this time. We have been in our worst form I have seen over the past few years. Beaten by Barnsley, down and out, and this is where we could be very dangerous. Beware the wounded animal, in his own backyard :mrgreen:

Plus, no matter what bullshit the media say, or the total disrespect given to him, Mr. Benitez is an extremely clever manager in Europe, and is a master at studying European oppositions and neutralizing their threat. He has managed to beat top teams in Europe before with an inferior squad, and I feel this is a better team than before. Everything we have achieved in Europe is because of him, and in Europe, you can never count out Mr. Benitez.

Overall, I expect a cagey affair, but very tactical. We will try to impose our pace on the Inter team, and will be very rigid in our formation to maintain our defensive shape. I can probably see a 4-5-1 formation, but I am still not sure about Rafa plans on the left side for Maicon.

I won't predict a scoreline, but I would bet on Inter if it was my money. But I am expecting a very exciting match. Don't expect it to be an attacking affair like Real vs Roma, but will be very intriguing.

Besides being a monster in midfield. Cambiasso is arguebly one of the best defensive/central midfielders out there right now.

Him and J Zanetti are more important to Inter than Maicon and Stankovic are.

If Cambiasso plays, hes a man to watch. He always scores because of his bloody cut ins!

yep. cambiasso is the "core" of the team. the most important inter player imo(evn more than maicon and ibra).

one of the most interesting themes of the game will be the cambiasso-mascherano match up. many people in italy consider mascherano a "little cambiasso".
honestly i think cambiasso has much more technique than mascherano (afterall he was an advanced midfielder at the beginning of his carrer, so it's pretty normal he has something more talking about passing, cutting in, and shooting), but talking about tactical awareness and positioning, they're really similar :)

anyway i expect this to be a pretty boring game. it will be important for rafa to keep a clean sheet in this first leg, so i don't think liverpool will be aggressive.
And mancini too has no reasons to push, having the chance to play the 2nd leg at home.

I'm sure Liverpool are going to be a completely different team in the champs league... who knows Plan M that statement might just come back to haunt you...

true true... wonder what gotten into him to make such a statement?? Liverpool in champs league no way would I make such a statement... dangerous waters plan m .... dangerous...

yep. cambiasso is the "core" of the team. the most important inter player imo(evn more than maicon and ibra).

one of the most interesting themes of the game will be the cambiasso-mascherano match up. many people in italy consider mascherano a "little cambiasso".
honestly i think cambiasso has much more technique than mascherano (afterall he was an advanced midfielder at the beginning of his carrer, so it's pretty normal he has something more talking about passing, cutting in, and shooting), but talking about tactical awareness and positioning, they're really similar :)

anyway i expect this to be a pretty boring game. it will be important for rafa to keep a clean sheet in this first leg, so i don't think liverpool will be aggressive.
And mancini too has no reasons to push, having the chance to play the 2nd leg at home.

I am maybe being a little biased here, but I honestly haven't seen a player like Mash completely destroy the other teams midfield since Viera in his prime. I think Cambiasso is much better offensively, with better passing and shooting skills, but ATM I think there are few DMFs in the world compared to Mash when it comes down to doing the 'dirty' work. Obviously, he doesn't get the credit he deserves, because the rest of the team has been so poor, but the way he BOSSED Ballack, Lampard and Makelele after coming the day before from USA was just special.

I may be wrong, as I haven't seen Cambiasso near as enough as Mash though. I do know that he is highly rated by Inter fans. Anyways, I didn't include Cambiasso in the key players, because I do feel our center midfield will be able to cope up with him. But it's our left side that is so vulnerable that I feel that Maicon will be our biggest danger.

Last edited:

Well, we'll see who the 'bigger' monster tomorrow. Will be an interesting match up ;)

While it's clear that Cambiasso is a much better all round player, I would like to see if Cambiasso can man mark a man out of the game, like Mash did against Kaka in last year's final.

Mash vs Camb (doesn't work does it :lol:), arguable the 2 best DMFs in the world....

I do feel this could be a tactical battle, and match ups in the center could decide the game.

Can't wait :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Seeing today's draw for the FA cup makes me glad we were knocked out. Couldnt stand to watch another f$%king Liverpool-Chelsea match up!

Anyway, Im not sure what will happen tommorow. I can see Liverpool trying to repeat the Liv-Juv match from a couple of years ago and try to get an early goal and then try to see out the remainder of the tie (so both home and away). If its 0-0 at anfield I wouldnt be surprised to see it go to penalties.

I would love it to go how it went against Juventus, but we don't have our little genius

We miss you Luis.... :(

So what formation/line-up would you guys want:

Home:

----------reina-----------
finnan--carra--sktel--riise
gerrard-alonso-masch--babel
-----torres---crouch-------

Away:

----------reina-----------
finnan--carra--sktel--riise
------masch---alonso-------
pennent----gerrard----babel
--------Torres-------------

Think we need to have crouch to help out Torres otherwise he is just going to be wasted. Playing kuyt is pointless as he only drifts out wide and deep anyway and leaves Torres on his own against 2/3 defenders. Sadly gerrard on the right is unlikely to happen, but I can wish!

Back
Top Bottom