Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

What just happened sums up your season really.

Well that was nice actually Plan M.

These things happen. Wasnt long ago that United won nothing and dind't even look like challenging for anything (2004-05)

I'm not to fussed, I'm pretty sure the DIC deal with go through, and with or without Rafa we still have a bright future.

And have a slight feeling, we will shocked the world, and beat Inter! I will be shocked if do that...

Its possible mate. The players want to prove something, and the manager to.

If not, the season is over, and to be honest, I wouldnt mind Benitez going. BUT, and its a big BUT, who will come in now to ensure that we finish 4th. I really think of ownerships needs to be sorted out now, because unless we finish 4th, our financial status will be very shaky.

Marcello Lippi
Luciano Spaletti
Cesare Prandelli
Or
You Know Who...

Personally, I think we will get thrashed, and will wake up till 4am to watch another embarrassing display...

they would have to have an immediate impact Abhisheck. Bar Jose, they all have no experience of the Premierships and would need to settle into life in England.

Can you honestly see us getting 4th under Rafa this year? I really can't

And please, for fuck's sake, get my name right! :(

Can you honestly see us getting 4th under Rafa this year? I really can't

And please, for fuck's sake, get my name right! :(

4th? No.

Your name isn't too common over here mate, I've only just gotten used to spelling it ;)

Come on, Plan M, you can do better than that? I desperately need a laugh.....

I don't need to make things worst for you guys - L'pool's football & results are enough for any Scouser as it is.

Peter - You had a dig at me but I don't see why? All I said was "What just happened sums up your season." I could come in here with the "Rafa is shite" or "You've spent more money than most clubs in Europe last summer yet you lose at home to a mid-table Championship team" but I didn't.

Don't be aggressive with me. :)

Plan M summed it up nicely, 30 shots on goal, balls cleared off the line, hitting the bar, great saves, etc and we still manage to lose.

There is so much going wrong atm its ridiculous. Ownership nonsense, pako leaving, rotation, tactics, etc. However Ive seen quite a few games this season, and even though the rotation is a bit of a sore point most of the games Ive seen have seen Liverpool dominate the game only to not put the ball in the net. Today another great example, I saw one crouch effort that actually came back towards him FFS!

I mentioned this to my dad earlier in the season a couple of games after pako left, the players looked like they hadnt seen each other for a couple of months. So many passes were going astray it was shocking. And we havent recovered since really, the only games I can remember Liverpool really performing were the CL ones because I got the impression there were no tactics and tinkering with the team. They had a simple aim and that was "to win" and they managed quite convincingly in all of them. Since then the tactics have come back and its f#$ked the team up.

The first thing I thought when Babel was taken off is; "he's resting him for the Inter match". That was the only explanation as babel was our only dangerous player. Kewell cant even get past a championship player, and but for the one shot didnt do a thing.

I also couldnt help but be amused by the injurytime goal, this season is like a caricature, so many things seem to be going wrong it feels like its some fake exageration of the truth.

Rafa needs to win the CL if he wants to stay in the job, and Im not sure that is the best option atm. Like McClaren, I thought England getting knocked out would be the best at it would seal his firing. The way the team is playing it seems like half the dressing room has lost faith and even a CL win might only be plastering the existing structural cracks.

I will eat my own poo if L'pool knock Inter out of the European Cup. It just won't happen.

I don't need to make things worst for you guys - L'pool's football & results are enough for any Scouser as it is.

Peter - You had a dig at me but I don't see why? All I said was "What just happened sums up your season." I could come in here with the "Rafa is shite" or "You've spent more money than most clubs in Europe last summer yet you lose at home to a mid-table Championship team" but I didn't.

erm dude I didn't have a go. I said your comments were fair and subdued for a change.

I'm comparing this liverpool season to Uniteds of 2004 when you won nothing and all your rivals won something.

...and I totally agree with you. I respect your commitment & faith to your club. :)

"I also couldnt help but be amused by the injurytime goal, this season is like a caricature, so many things seem to be going wrong it feels like its some fake exageration of the truth"

yep, and also the fact that we nearly got away with a stone wall pen only for the same player to lineup a shot seconds later from 20yards out in the last second of the game...

It's like its just not real. I wish it wasn't. On a positive (well...superstitious) note this season is panning out the same way at 2004/05....and we all know what happened then. Only problem is, I think Inter Milan atm is a far more daunting propsect that Leverkusen or even Juventus was back then. However, I was on an Inter Forum the other day, and they still actually fear us because they know their track records in big games is quite awful, and that they fear Benitez, our fans and the players in a european setting, not to mention that Inters performances of late have been fatigued with Ibrahimovic in particular sufferng a bit of a dip. Injury problems to.

Last edited:

I could come in here with the "Rafa is shite" or "You've spent more money than most clubs in Europe last summer yet you lose at home to a mid-table Championship team" but I didn't.

That was a VERY thinly veighled dig mate, no need.

Rafa should have left the club when he had a chance. It probably would have been better for Liverpool and Rafa. We need some new tactics. Liverpool are doing the same thing every time they play. They start off strongly then after about 10 minutes they instantly change their tempo and play like crap.

Good thing haven't seen the game, it's in my HD recorder .... but better not watch it :(

I do believe it's a good thing Barnsley finished us off in Anfield, can't be bothered to see them go through a replay against them.

I'll add another cross to Beni (avatar) soon, I bet when his face is no more to be seen, he'll be outta here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom