Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Alonso has nothing to prove and if some of you scouse still dont rate him,it is dumbfounding.It is just unfortunate that your current cannot accomodate Alonso.A 4-4-1-1 formation with Gerrard playing just behind Torres,Mascherano and Alonso could work but thats just me.

Who doesn't rate him? I personally think he's one of the best midfielders in the world and I'd be gutted if we sold him.

they're everything but quick, mate. but if ibra will play on his usual standard, there's just no chance for hyppia and carragher to contain him.
but, like i said, ibra didn't play at his usual standards in the last 3 weeks, so.;)

Bah' Sami & Carra can take Ibra no problems remember they have experience with him against Juventus but no Djimi Traore this time so Inter might still have a chance. :mryellow:

Bah' Sami & Carra can take Ibra no problems remember they have experience with him against Juventus but no Djimi Traore this time so Inter might still have a chance. :mryellow:

that's the spirit pal ;):)
... but today ibra is a much more frightening opponent to face than 2\3years ago.

Last edited:

Yes, it will, pretty decent finish, and good first touch. Nice play from Babel.

Lucas cementing 3rd spot at CM :mrgreen:

Not over yet, far from it. We need another goal, but I like how we're playing, slow, patient build up, passing around. Impressed with how Barnsley are playing aw awell :applause:

Need to get another goal, then we can free up a bit.

How embarassing? Utterly shocking performance again! We just don't have a striker who can score apart from Torres, a fucking embarassment this team is! For fucks sake, this is just a joke now. Something needs to be done because we shouldn't be getting beat at home, nevermind by Barnsley. A fucking embarassment.

We deserve all the piss-taking coming towards us, don't let us down Blue4life and co.

We deserve all the piss-taking coming towards us, don't let us down Blue4life and co.

I agree, I'm sick of these shit performances and I just can't defend us anymore. What's there to defend? Absoloutely rubbish, fucking rubbish.

It's over isn't it? The whole fucking season gone to waste. And NO, it not the owners fault.

It's the players fault and most of all Rafa's fault.

Kuyt scored! First for 2 months, maybe this could be the turn around in his season?

Nope, he scored a couple of goals this season after a barren spell and everyone said look how he takes off now. He missed about 8 sitters today even after the goal, and crouch missed 16.

Rafa has two more games IMO.

The CL tie, because I don't think we're getting past Inter, but I'm willing to give him a bash at it.

Shocking tactics today, but really Rafa can't put the ball in the net when we have 30 shots on goals, its down to the players.

It's over for me. Rafa has to go. We won't beat Inter, get rid of Rafa really. We were a better side 3 years ago, than we are now.

I don't care who comes in, this is not working.

This is fucking ridiculous, absolutely, fucking ridiculous. Rafa AND the players should be bloody ashamed.

The players aren't good enough. Rafa put the right players out there, the players aren't stupid and know how to play football. The fact is the players just aren't good enough, at all. They need a wake-up call because some of them are clearly just along for the (nightmare) ride and just picking up their wages with no effort. It's not good enough and we can't keep these players tagging along when there are plenty of players who will work their arse off for the club AND have skill to go with it.

Come on, not the player's arn't good enough bull shit. This is a Championship side, they players SHOULD be able to beat them.

And what the fucking hell was the point of taking Babel off, when he was clearly are best player. Kewell does fuck all, can't get past a Championship defender.

No more defending Rafa for me, enough is enough for me. This is a disgrace. Where are the WUM's? Come on, post funny pics of Rafa and the players, I need a fucking laugh!

The players aren't good enough. Rafa put the right players out there, the players aren't stupid and know how to play football. The fact is the players just aren't good enough, at all. They need a wake-up call because some of them are clearly just along for the (nightmare) ride and just picking up their wages with no effort. It's not good enough and we can't keep these players tagging along when there are plenty of players who will work their arse off for the club AND have skill to go with it.

Thats the thing, the players are good enough, for gods sake this was a championship team, and we were in the European Cup final last year, and we have improved the sqaud. Zenden? or Benayoun. Bellamy or Torres?

There is more to the situation than the ownership crisis, or not being able to match the spending power of other clubs (for fucks sake were the 8th richest in the world, not bad) I think it has more to do with Paco (who was the real link with the squad) leaving and the fact that Benitez isn't a good man manager, who rarely strikes up relationships with the players and doesn't have a clue how to motivate. (Babel plays a blinder for instance and then gets subbed)

He's lost the dressing room, and the players are loosing themselves.

I was trying to be positive, I didnt forsee that result when you took the lead.

Seriously, I hope things pick up for you lot.

So, are there going to be "Rafa out" protests?

I am telling you, Torres is probably thinking, what the fuck am I doing at this joke of a club?

And what did Rafa say in the post match interview? The same old BS "We created chances, now we are concentrating on our next game, where Inter are going to hoof up the ball in our arses."

Come on, Plan M, you can do better than that? I desperately need a laugh.....

Where's that bluenose when you need him?

I mentioned the book I'm reading earlier, and in the book Balague says how important Ayesteran is to Benitez. Benitez relied on Paco for so much, including being the link to the players, and Paco assisting with tactics etc. Benitez himself says how important Paco has been to his career. So maybe it is to do with that.

But at the end of the day Riise, Kuyt, Crouch, Benayoun (?) and Kewell aren't good enough. Would they get into the Real Madrid team? Or Utd's team? Or Barca's team? No. I appreciate what some of them offer (Kuyt works hard, Crouch is a target man but NOT a striker, Benayoun can take people on but his decision making is awful at times) but we can't have people along for the ride. We need the best players, who are ready to step up now, and have the whole package. We should'nt be buying players because it's the best we can get for that position.

I'd love to sit down with Rafa and ask what he see's in individual players and why he's keeping them around in the squad.

My Dad's a Barnsley Fan Born and bred, he dragged me along to many a freezing game at Oakwell before I lowered my sites for Wrexham, he's rung me 8 times today, my mum says he's now ringing everyone he knows... there will be no end of it. From what I've heard there was a cast iron penalty seconds before in front of the Cop and the ref bottled it!!

I mentioned the book I'm reading earlier, and in the book Balague says how important Ayesteran is to Benitez. Benitez relied on Paco for so much, including being the link to the players, and Paco assisting with tactics etc. Benitez himself says how important Paco has been to his career. So maybe it is to do with that.

But at the end of the day Riise, Kuyt, Crouch, Benayoun (?) and Kewell aren't good enough. Would they get into the Real Madrid team? Or Utd's team? Or Barca's team? No. I appreciate what some of them offer (Kuyt works hard, Crouch is a target man but NOT a striker, Benayoun can take people on but his decision making is awful at times) but we can't have people along for the ride. We need the best players, who are ready to step up now, and have the whole package. We should'nt be buying players because it's the best we can get for that position.

I'd love to sit down with Rafa and ask what he see's in individual players and why he's keeping them around in the squad.

Yup, Pako was very important, but wasn't it Rafa who had a problem with him.

And Dags, mate, I think it's time we understand we are NOT in the league of the Barcelona's or the Madrid's of this world. People say Kuyt is not our standard, it's WRONG, Kuyt is our standard, Mascherano and Torres are NOT our standard, they are above it. Most of our players are Kuyt standard, so that is our standard, not the Torres' of this world.

We are best now a mid table team pushing for the UCL. I have never seen us this desperate in my entire life of supporting Liverpool.

I am SHOCKED he took off Babel, I absolutely am. And I think Benayoun was decent, he was the only one looking for Xabi's passes by his movement, but bloody hell, what is WRONG with us? And you know what? Neither Xabi, neither Babel are going to be playing against Inter. It's going to be a fucking whole new team, because Rafa is so stubborn that he REFUSES to accept rotation does not work, just like Ranieri did not work. Steve McMahon and Bruce Grobbelaar were doing the game, and they both felt Rafa's time was up. Ironically they blamed rotation for the loss, even though they agreed that the team was good enough to beat Barnsley before kick off......

Anyways, our whole club needs restructuring. It really does, and Rafa is not the man to do it. There are rumours the if/when DIC come, they will sack Rafa. I won't shed a single tear.....

Back
Top Bottom