Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

i dont just come out and say your shit mate , im sorry i cant complement liverpool this season even your self and your red-shite croonies have ripped the shit out of your team from top to bottom, so dont take it out on me ok, get a sense of humour, you lot have been slaggin the owners the players the manager none stop for months now, with fickle fans like you who needs enemies, im blue and you use me as a scapegoat! But thats ok because i love the CRAIC / banter...;) I see mr tik has gone into hiding after that filthy slur on disabled and retarded people , i invite him here to explain......hmmm lets see what he has to say , thats if he aint banned!

Last edited:

What do you lot think of your great Stevie G talking to the press about giving up on the premiership?

It's good that he's being realistic. If he came out and said we're still in the title race, he'd be talking out his arse and people would think he'd lost his mind.

Gerrard is pretty good in interviews, he says what he means and tries to tell it as it is.

tik has just insulted disabled people if any should be warned its him , i would never stoop that low!!!

So comparing disabled people to you is insulting to disabled people?

Yeah I agree, lol!

But "disabled" and "retarded" are two totally different things. So no, I havent insulted "disabled" people......and retarded people are unlikely to be reading this forum either. Just look at the term for mental retardation. Its to do with braindamage. And from that a problem with communication is often the case. Which brings me on to your lack of communication skills when it comes to football banter.

So I dont see how that is insulting to the mentally retarded as I am merely comparing you to them, its insulting to you. And for that a warning might be in its place, but you obviously don't even understand that otherwise you wouldnt be calling for a warning for me for "insulting disabled" people.

But apparently your self view is so low that you consider comparing people with brain damage to you is insulting to people with brain damage......You may find that insulting to them, but that depends on the opinion you hold of yourself!

Atleast get it right by activating your brain when you call for a warning. But then that might be asking too much after reading your posts in here.

Bloody hell Tik, that's a bit too much for me to take in! :p

Tik, are you born Dutch then?

Born in holland, both parents English. Dad's from bootle which explains my liverpool support :D

Or was it a joke that has gone over my head?

Nope, genuine question. How did they come to move to Holland then? And why are you saying Holland? I've got Dutch mates and they call it Netherlands, they object to calling it Holland :p

I've got Dutch mates and they call it Netherlands, they object to calling it Holland

Really? LOL, dont see why, but that might be to do with me being from Rotterdam, which is in Zuid-Holland. But even then, the song to cheer on the dutch is "hup, holland, hup". Are they from Friesland, up north?

Parents have always lived abroad and just ended up in holland. Had me and havent left since. But now that Ive finished my degree's they will likely go somewhere else.

As for calling it the Netherlands........meeeeh. I usually call it the Nether,Netherlands.....depending on what you smoke being here can make you feel like you can fly. A peterpan joke......haha,hahahaha.

So can people stop quoting blue4life and just treat him like a mate's retarded brother......"he does no harm, just ignore him, he's to backwards to understand" type of thing.

Nah ....i`m not buyin that load of tosh! you just came up with.
so you think diabled and retarded people are worthless? quote " just ignore them" quote "he`s too backwards* to listen too or respect honestly tik you have let yourself down big time

why would you even attempt to try and wriggle out of your statement , you have not only insulted me but the many disabled and retarded people that come on this web site , shame on you.

Really? LOL, dont see why, but that might be to do with me being from Rotterdam, which is in Zuid-Holland. But even then, the song to cheer on the dutch is "hup, holland, hup". Are they from Friesland, up north?

Parents have always lived abroad and just ended up in holland. Had me and havent left since. But now that Ive finished my degree's they will likely go somewhere else.

As for calling it the Netherlands........meeeeh. I usually call it the Nether,Netherlands.....depending on what you smoke being here can make you feel like you can fly. A peterpan joke......haha,hahahaha.

One is from Amsterdam and one from Groningen, it's more the Groningen one that calls it Netherlands though.

I notice Blue is trying to deflect all the attention on him to you now, makes a change him not trying to be the centre of attention as usual :roll: Blue, just leave this thread mate? Nobody wants you here, you're not making anyone happier by being here and all of this bitterness towards each other is just going on and on and on ...

That explains it, they are more "national" up north, hahaha. And I cant see what he's writing as he is still on ignore (wouldnt have seen his erroneous post had clockender not quoted him). Works a treat!

Lucas Leiva has revealed he turned down Inter Milan in order to fulfill his Anfield dream and is hoping to disappoint the Nerazzurri once again when the two sides lock horns in the Champions League next week.
The Brazilian midfielder insists he has no regrets about turning his back on the reigning Serie A champions and believes the opportunity to make history in the Premier League was the key motivation behind his decision to snub Milan in favour of Merseyside.

"I am the kind of person who likes a challenge," he told LFC Magazine.

"I was in a fortunate position at Gremio because I had achieved some success and I was made a lot of very interesting offers - offers which would have made a lot of money.

"Some of them were in Spain and it's true I had an enquiry from Inter Milan too.

"They were all famous clubs but the Liverpool option stood out from the first moment I heard of their interest.

"I had heard of them back in Brazil and we saw a lot of Premier League matches so I was aware of what the manager was building here at the club.

"I was interested in what they had to say from the first moment. My father and my agent came across here to speak to Liverpool and they were very impressed with everything.

"For me it was only a sporting project and a club that would help me meet my ambitions and allow me to help them achieve theirs."

Lucas has enjoyed a bright start to life in England and capped his first six months at the club when he curled home a delightful equaliser in the 5-2 win over Havant and Waterlooville in the FA Cup fourth round last month.

It saw him become the first Brazilian to score a goal for Liverpool, an achievement he is tremendously proud of, and one he hopes to build on as he looks to enhance his reputation in the English game.

"I would like people to remember me as the first young Brazilian to win everything with Liverpool. I became the first Brazilian to score a goal for Liverpool and that was a proud moment for me.

"I could have gone to Spain or Italy and it would have been more like I am used to. But I want to make the most of my career and I want to challenge myself.

"I have friends from the international team at Inter, Cesar and Maicon are great players and I will enjoy playing agaisnt them.

"But I would much rather play for Liverpool than Inter. That was my decision then and it would be the same if I had to make it again."

Lucas made his name in his homeland at Gremio, where he helped them reach the final of the Copa Libertadores.

Sadly they lost the two-legged clash to Boca Juniors, but if he can help Liverpool progress to the final of Europe's equivolent - the Champions League - he will become the first Red to achieve the feat of playing in the finals of both continent's most elite competiton.

It is a record he would love to realise, but one he refuses to comprehend ahead of a big last 16 tie with Inter.

"That would be nice, but we look no further than Inter who will be a tremendous team and very hard to beat, he said, before adding: "I think we have the tools to beat Inter, but it will be an exciting game and my first time - hopefully - playing at the San Siro."

Plenty of off topic BS here, let's get back on topic :)

I think Captain Fantastic himself is very disappointed at how this season turned out to be. It was looking all so rosy in the beginning, and it's taken such a dramatic turn. Reminds of couple of seasons under Ged, where we were leading around October, and then ended up being 5th.

Stevie being a supporter himself must be gutted that another season has gone by without the title. You can just see how him and Carra look dejected when playing.

@Dags, Nice article. Lucas was one of the hot prospects in Brazil last year, being the player of the season, and Under-21 captain. I remember a friend praising him HUGELY during his Gremio days, and there were rumours of him going to Atletico last Jan (I like Atletico in La Liga), I was pretty excited, but he ended up coming at Liverpool, so even better :D

I have big, big hopes for this lad. I think our best playing this season came when he was playing in the centre. He has done really well this season, and even though he isn't getting as much attention in the media, he IMO, is PURE CLASS. Watching the Chelsea match, I loved how he and Mash bossed Fat Frank, Ballack, and Makelele. I think he is our most intelligent players, on the ball and off. The short movements he was making in middle were fantastic. And his passing under pressure is sublime.

I think he might be one of the reasons Xabi might be going to Spain in the summer. I love Xabi, but I feel Lucas has all his qualities and even more.

And some transfer rumours for the summer.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...illa-david-wheater-and-others-64375-20463084/

David Villa and Fernando Torres sounds tasty! :8):

I would leave to have Bentley as well, but I feel Karim Benzema (hottest talents in France) might not fit us. Though Jeremy Menez (another player we have been linked with) would fit in nicely as he is very versatile, and can on the wings, up front, or just behind Nando.

Anyone else excited by a possible Skrtel-Agger partnership in a couple of years. We know all about Agger, and I think Skrtel was very quick, and excellent on the ball against Chelsea. Even Gerrard was surprised, as he was expecting HOOF!

Though I will still reserve my judgment on Skrtel till the end of the season. Looks great so far, and I am hoping he is as good (or better) for the rest of the season.

I was very impressed that Skrtel didn't just hoof it when he had the ball. There were times when he was bringing it out from defence and I thought "here we go, a Carra-esque hoof" but instead he played a ball to a midfielder, which is what we should be doing. I don't think any of us want to see hoofing from defence.

That David Villa rumours are heating up. His agent was at Melwood for 4 hours earlier this week and he is coming back.

Jose Luis Tamargo is his name btw

Any link with that rumour?

Btw, heard Hicks is going to attend the Inter match. Does that guy have death wish?

Last edited:

@ abhishek,

yes man, Leiva does look the most intelligent, plus the coolest and most collected under pressure. You'll also notice he rarely gives away possession. Only needs to be a bit more physically dominating, and he can be even better.

Skrtel, starting to like the player, strong and most importantly brave.
Hope we can add to our arsenal next season and continue to imporove.

To be fair, the way things are at Valencia, together with the Spanish contingent at Liverpool - I wouldn't be surprised if Villa did sign in the summer. Imagine having him and Torres upfront!

@ abhishek,

yes man, Leiva does look the most intelligent, plus the coolest and most collected under pressure. You'll also notice he rarely gives away possession. Only needs to be a bit more physically dominating, and he can be even better.

Skrtel, starting to like the player, strong and most importantly brave.
Hope we can add to our arsenal next season and continue to imporove.

Jumping ship our we?:roll: ;)

To be fair, the way things are at Valencia, together with the Spanish contingent at Liverpool - I wouldn't be surprised if Villa did sign in the summer. Imagine having him and Torres upfront!

Yup, I think it is very likely he would to Anfield. Rafa has bee wanting to buy him since his Zaragotha days. He was obviously very close to coming here in the summer. Add to that the fact that we have dealt with Valencia in the past, Rafa's connections in Valencia, the fact that Koeman wants to buy Riise, Rafa's Spanish connections, and also that Villa's spanish mates Reina, Arbeloa and Torres are here, would certainly make me believe that there's a good chance we might see a Villa-Torres attack at Anfield next season.

Do you think that since liverpool's premier league chase is preety much over and liverpool haven't been in good form recently that they sould experiment a bit more with some of the younger players such as leto, el zhar and Insua?

Last edited:

Do you think that since liverpool's premier league chase is preety much over and liverpool haven't been in good form recently that they sould experiment a bit more with some of the younger players such as leto, el zhar and Insua?

Good question. In a way I say yes, and no. I'd be gutted if we didn't qualify for the Champions League because we played the kids, but on the other hand I'd love to see them get more opportunities. And lets face it, they'll show a lot more passion than our first team has been showing.

I would say no, CL is too important to mess about and the team gets rotated enough already without adding the youngsters into it :D

Also with the team not playing well and the pressure that that is creating I think it might be a negative experience for them. So no :D

But it won't hurt keep one of them as a substitute, would it? And if we are comfortable winning a match (god, how long back was that), we can bring them in to get some experience. And surely, against Barnsley we could play Insua at left back with the rest of the team same? He can't be worse than Riise, can he?

Norwegian reds welcome Everton to the city of Bergen.

Liverpoolfans-510_1722594m.jpg

Back
Top Bottom