Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Haha, me too. I am hoping it's a 4-4-2. I am expecting a thrashing, but we've already seen one upset. Here's hoping for another one!

I am nervous abut starting Skrtel though.

Playing well. Everything breaking down at Kuyt though. Not threat from Riise, Babel still raw out wide. Skrtel, Lucas, Mash very solid. Want Gerrard on the right.

I agree with everything you've said except for Babel, who I feel is having a pretty decent game.

Skrtel is looking pretty damn good, dominating well.

Skrtel was absolutely boss in this half! Crouch should have scored at least once, and I feel we dominated this half. I know Kuyt is shite and everything, but I thought his two crosses were half decent. Babel been pretty good to, but we need a bit more movement. Lucas was class, this guy is going to be a superstar.

Just not confident we'll score. And we all know Chelsea have something in tank. Set pieces etc, Anelka breaking the offside trap and of course the Fat Deflector is sniffing around the box.

Yup, I reckon we will still dominate the game, but Fat Frank will shoot, and get a huge deflection from Kuyt, ending up in goal. And then Chelsea score through a set piece given away by Mash.

Optimistic me :)

Yeh, decent result, but really, Chelsea were there for the taking. If we had attacked a bit more, we could have probably got something, as Chelsea didn't really bother Reina.

We were much the better team, but the same old story. We just simply lack threat on the flanks and someone to share the burden with Nando upfront. We are not that far off the Mancs, Goons and Chavs. I'd say about 40m will do it.

MASCHERANO IS AN ABSOLUTE BEAST OF A PLAYER. OH MY WORD.

Skrtel was absolutley boss today. Quick, comftable, cool head, strong, and brave.

Yeh, I agree, just a little bit of quality, and we are up there. If Torres was here, I think we could have won. Well, Rafa knows David Villa is bidding his time in Valencia :)

In the post match show, they gave the MOTM to Gerrard! He was decent, but Mascherano and Srktel were IMMENSE today. 17m for Mash is a steal! Really, I think he is as good as Gattuso, and Mash can only improve from now. What a find by Rafa!

And Riise, for all the stick he gets, is class. A 5 yard header, back to Reina. Fucking brilliant! :mrgreen:

Edit: I think Rafa should not have taken Babel off. He was the only player taking on his man, and showed me a little of why he can the next Henry. He was a bit wasteful, and made some poor decisions. But I think with some more games, and a bit more confidence, he can start really developing.

Last edited:

.MASCHERANO IS AN ABSOLUTE BEAST OF A PLAYER. OH MY WORD.

This guy is simply AMAZING!!!:applause::applause:what a game he played!!he just came back from Los angeles on friday and the day after he was ruinning like a dog!!fantastic!:applause:

Gerrard Motm:roll:I think he had an average game,for me it was definitely Mascherano or Skretel
And with Torres you could have won this game as we were really average

Mascherano or Skrtel for me too. Gerrard does seem to pick up MOM at times when he didn't deserve it though ...

I agree, I have lost words to describe Mascherano. He is so incredible, so amazing, it's unbelievable. recently, I have never seen someone boss the midfield like he does. :applause:

Gerrard was given MOTM by the ESPN pundits, but they are idiots. Just a week ago, they were discussing how Mash was not able to fit into the Liverpool side, and adapt to EPL :lol:

Anyways, I think Chelsea can't play with Ballack and Lampard together. I really don't. And Ballack is far more talented, and he can't play to his potential with Lampard. It's similar to Gerrard and Lampard situation. I think when Essien comes back, he will replace one of them.

"A monster of a player and destined for great things" Diego Maradona

Him and Lucas were more than a match for Ballack, Lampard & Makelele.

EXCELLENT playing by Liverpool. although there were not enough players and playing an away game against chelsea who havent lost a home game since past 4 yrs, it was really good drawing the game. excellent defending by Skrtel and Mascherano and ofcourse Carragher.

, they were discussing how Mash was not able to fit into the Liverpool side, and adapt to EPL :lol:

:lmao::lol:

Anyways, I think Chelsea can't play with Ballack and Lampard together. I really don't. And Ballack is far more talented, and he can't play to his potential with Lampard. It's similar to Gerrard and Lampard situation. I think when Essien comes back, he will replace one of them.

i'm beginning to think that too.Since Ballack came back from his injury he has been great for us and suddenly Lamps comes back and Ballack looked average,
and i really don't know whY lamps started the game as SWP did some great games in the middle

Carra given Sky MOTM. They never EVER give Mascherano any credit. What a load of tosh.

Well maybe because they would not have been able to interview them. I am not sure on Mash's english. But TBH, I didn't understand much of Carra either :lol:

Or maybe it's just because Mash is central to the whole Rafa issue, and they can't give any of Rafa's buys credit can they?!

Btw, Rafa's pre-match interview was top class. He completely owned the interviewer there \\:o/

Question "What do you have to say on reports that you blame the owners on the slump in the season"

Rafa "Everyone in Liverpool knows there are two newspapers in England you cannot trust and this reporter is lying. I never spoken to him, he is twisting my words from an interview I gave to a Spanish paper. He has completely manipulated the whole interview. It is a complete lie."

:mrgreen:

Anyways, maybe it's just me, but Gerrard is getting on my nerves a bit these days. In the 2nd half, when Babel was struggling a bit, and not getting into the right position, Stevie did little to encourage him. In fact, he started shouting at him to make runs. I know it can be irritating, but he's only 20! You have to encourage him. Babel seems a bit of a loner to me. I don't think he believes in himself. He shows flashes of talent, but Rafa has to make sure he does not let the kid doubt his own ability. Rafa has to be very careful about developing Babel. He can have a bright future.

On another note, I am really excited about the young players we have.

Torres, Babel, Lucas, Mash, Agger, Skrtel

And not to mention Insua, Pacheco, Nemeth, who are still to make an appearance. Future looks bright :)

C`mon now lads lets not get OTT , i just watched a snore-bore of a 0-0. Another two points dropped against a very off colour chelsea (andy grays words not mine) and your suddenly very happy again, your lot couldnt score in a brothel! Any way a draw at chelsea is no disgrace and at least thats better than nothing , also thought masc had a decent game in midfield but stevie g dont look interested any more and that should worry you. Who just said the future looks optimistic ? oh yeh say no-more! seems you lot are feelin starved of celebration, dont forget two yanks that are and will continue to rip your club apart from the inside out....good luck on 4th place ;)

Catch-22 that Peter. Apparantly putting people on the ignore list means you're childish and immature. Are you sure you want to be branded those by the WUM's? ;)

I'll eat my words here and say that you lot deserved to win. It was a very poor match and neither team played good football BUT you had the better game. Unlucky lads. :)

C`mon now lads lets not get OTT , i just watched a snore-bore of a 0-0. Another two points dropped against a very off colour chelsea (andy grays words not mine) and your suddenly very happy again, your lot couldnt score in a brothel! Any way a draw at chelsea is no disgrace and at least thats better than nothing , also thought masc had a decent game in midfield but stevie g dont look interested any more and that should worry you. Who just said the future looks optimistic ? oh yeh say no-more! seems you lot are feelin starved of celebration, dont forget two yanks that are and will continue to rip your club apart from the inside out....good luck on 4th place ;)

You idiot! :D

Snore-bore 0-0. What was Arsenal vs Chelsea? What was Liverpool vs ManU. Those were was boring as this game. You know why? If you had a brain, you would have figured out that when top teams play, they normally nullify each other, and the results end up being decided by a piece of brilliance or a bit of luck? Or normally a draw?

Chelsea were the home team, and they should have attacked, like we did at Anfield. Rafa got this tactically spot on. We couldn't attack (we did a bit) since we would have been caught on the break by Chelsea, who have much more pace and quality than us. That is obvious.

I have no problems facing the top teams like this. However, Rafa does my head in when he plays the same against against Wigan, or West Ham. We don't need to outsmart them, we should go out and straight away beat them. I am happy with a result. Our first point away against the Top 3 under Rafa. Very few teams get away with anything at the Bridge, and if Chelsea looked off colour, it was because of our defense.

Bring on Inter :)

Back
Top Bottom