Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Catch-22 that Peter. Apparantly putting people on the ignore list means you're childish and immature. Are you sure you want to be branded those by the WUM's?

But you dont see them moaning about it as they are on ignore anyway :D

Agree with ab on Babel. Over here he was known as a very polite, quiet boy / young man. Im not sure how much has to do with his own confidence. I think its more just good upbringing and not needing the be "the dogs bollocks" as so many footballers seem to think.

I think Gerrard having a go did the trick as he started to make more deep runs and that created more danger. He does have the knack of cutting inside a lot and with him being nearer the halfway line that was hindering Liverpool's attack.

I thought Riise was crap yesterday, he seems to be getting slower and slower. He has been all season. The number of times a player got past him and it took him an age to turn and cover. And Im not sure how secure he was with that defensive header either........

I feel sorry for Babel, he's taking a lot of stick from some people here in Liverpool. Saying he's supposed to be this superstar who can do all kinds of tricks and do everything Ronaldo can.

Clearly Babel is going to be a great talent but what these people don't realise is that he's still very young and is learning the game still. He's came into a totally different league with different styles of play and speed, and I personally think he's doing very well.

I've delayed putting you on my ignore list, but that will be the case no more.

What? just stating facts peter , truth hurts eh.

Catch-22 that Peter. Apparantly putting people on the ignore list means you're childish and immature. Are you sure you want to be branded those by the WUM's? ;)

same here;)

You idiot! :D

Snore-bore 0-0. What was Arsenal vs Chelsea? What was Liverpool vs ManU. Those were was boring as this game. You know why? If you had a brain, you would have figured out that when top teams play, they normally nullify each other, and the results end up being decided by a piece of brilliance or a bit of luck? Or normally a draw?

dont call me Idiot..:shock: charming lot you are , you and your ignore lists, its sad and pathetic!

Jesus i wasnt the only one who thought it was rubbish didnt you lot see motd 2 last night they were laughing there asses of at your lot Hansen said quote " We did well to get any Highlights out of that game , it was awful" and he is one of your old boys too , after a couple of mins highlight when they came back to the studio Adrian Chiles the presenter laughed saying quote " Alex McGleish and lee dixon are half asleep and hansen is dropping in and out of consciousness"

Peter eyres keeps harping on about oh we aint playing to well and everton are hardly ahead of us , we aint playin well either largley due to a depleted side with afc and injuries , but the difference is we are unbeaten in the prem in 2008 last defeat being arsenal last december.
I dont believe this slump in your form will last much longer however , for even though there was little craft or skill yesterday (blame rafa for one up front) most guys in red did look like they wanted to wear the shirt for once , peter crouch is crucial to the team and i think rafa is finaly waking up to that fact (jesus it aint rocket science).

As far as the race for 4th spot and champions league football next season , i think its gonna be an almighty battle with 3 or 4 clubs involved , i dont see us slipping up much in the last 10 games or so so quietly confident (because im arrogant) not a wum..aston villa worry me more than lfc depends how quickly liverpool can get back to some what normality. It may come down to the Merseyside derby on sunday the 30th of march live on sky at 4p.m.

Last edited:

Yeah he needs time, ronaldo took 2, 3? seasons to really develope and have an end product to all the tricks. You can see the same with babel, different style, but he can easily beat players but is still lacking the final ball or makes the wrong decision to cut inside. He is also a bit "loose" with the ball and loses possesion too easily. But all those things can be developed and the base (strenght, speed, skill) is there. He just needs time and good coaching.

Everton will be put back in their place soon enough boys :) Remember when they finished 4th, got all excited about the Champions League, then failed to qualify? :lmao:

Think you might agree tim that everton are a far stronger outfit than then , it was laughable that lfc failed to take 4th that year. everton in there place ha! the red-shite are were they belong now....in the gutter wink wink

Yeah, they are. They are reaping the rewards for sticking with Moyes. He's built a very strong backbone to the team. I think Everton or Man City will finish 4th this year. Maybe Aston Villa or Tottenham too.

Who's tim talking to again? :)

IMO Riise did well defensively. At least he done that quite well. Babel showed glimpses of things to come so don't worry, Rafa was right not to put him in the starting 11 often, and now you know why. At least he's par with Kewell at the moment and things will change as he improves.

BUT it was a near-suicidal header back to Reina .. everybody has to agree on that one?

I was the one talking about riise being poor. I just think, for some reason, that he is losing his pace. Either that or he is getting lazy. With Aurelio being so injuryprone and riise just looking like he is degrading in quality another fast LB could be worth a buy. And a rightback.....Centre looks solid for the next few seasons if skrtel can keep up the good performances.

Yeah he needs time, ronaldo took 2, 3? seasons to really develope and have an end product to all the tricks. You can see the same with babel, different style, but he can easily beat players but is still lacking the final ball or makes the wrong decision to cut inside. He is also a bit "loose" with the ball and loses possesion too easily. But all those things can be developed and the base (strenght, speed, skill) is there. He just needs time and good coaching.

Yeh, it was only last season that Ronaldo really started adding end product to the game. I think Babel has scored more goals than him in his first season already.

Anyways, I think of Babel more like Henry. Remember him being a winger first, and slowly developing into a striker due to the way he drifted inwards.

I think Rafa needs to handle Babel now. He's only 20, but does have talent. I think the reason Rafa isn't playing him is so that he doesn't have any pressure, and can develop. I would agree with that, but our other options on the left or so rubbish, that he still remains our best winger, even though he isn't.

He's going to take time, I think. I am really hoping that he and Holland do well in the Euro 2008. It could do wonders for his confidence.

What? just stating facts peter , truth hurts eh.

same here;)

dont call me Idiot..:shock: charming lot you are , you and your ignore lists, its sad and pathetic!

Jesus i wasnt the only one who thought it was rubbish didnt you lot see motd 2 last night they were laughing there asses of at your lot Hansen said quote " We did well to get any Highlights out of that game , it was awful" and he is one of your old boys too , after a couple of mins highlight when they came back to the studio Adrian Chiles the presenter laughed saying quote " Alex McGleish and lee dixon are half asleep and hansen is dropping in and out of consciousness"

Peter eyres keeps harping on about oh we aint playing to well and everton are hardly ahead of us , we aint playin well either largley due to a depleted side with afc and injuries , but the difference is we are unbeaten in the prem in 2008 last defeat being arsenal last december.
I dont believe this slump in your form will last much longer however , for even though there was little craft or skill yesterday (blame rafa for one up front) most guys in red did look like they wanted to wear the shirt for once , peter crouch is crucial to the team and i think rafa is finaly waking up to that fact (jesus it aint rocket science).

As far as the race for 4th spot and champions league football next season , i think its gonna be an almighty battle with 3 or 4 clubs involved , i dont see us slipping up much in the last 10 games or so so quietly confident (because im arrogant) not a wum..aston villa worry me more than lfc depends how quickly liverpool can get back to some what normality. It may come down to the Merseyside derby on sunday the 30th of march live on sky at 4p.m.

Wow.

Coming from the guy who celebrated a lucky win over Reading in a game described by some of my bluenosed friends as 'crap'.

And it must have been, my house's garden is in hearing distance of Goodison and you could hear a pin drop.

lucky win ? you must have watched a diferent game to what i seen! dominated from start to finish, never said the match was brilliant did i, you always get it wrong ant! you need to think with your head and not your heart :lol: Now where have i heard that before.

blue4life, what are u trying to prove? if u wan to say that everton are good, do it in the everton thread. if ure trying to prove liverpool are sh*t, then shut up or go to the thread 'the club i hate most'.

Last edited:

Its called debate, banter , football you know?

His Get-Out-Clause for everything where he has no answer. People have had a warning that if they're found to be winding people up and causing trouble, they'll be banned. But then people will turn around and say "it's banter!" and expect to get away with it. I wonder where the line is drawn ...

ban·ter /ˈbæntər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ban-ter] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery.

Continually calling a team shit isnt banter........nor are the posts playfull in any way. There is no "joke" or "humour" or "whit" in any of the posts.

An example of good banter can often be found in Marukomu's posts in here.

So can people stop quoting blue4life and just treat him like a mate's retarded brother......"he does no harm, just ignore him, he's to backwards to understand" type of thing.

So can people stop quoting blue4life and just treat him like a mate's retarded brother......"he does no harm, just ignore him, he's to backwards to understand" type of thing.

Thats a disgusting ignorant thing to say, i`m sure there are lots of disabled people on here...:shock: SHOCKED..I may enjoy the craic (not that theres any in here these days) but i would never verbally insult any one , so if i was to get banned for the love of my team , the game and a laugh then i give up.You have just embarrassed your self mr tik. Like i said think with your head and not your heart.

IN MOYES WE TRUST...

Blue4life you are a passionate supporter mate but you WILL get banned from here if you keep posting in their thread. You gotta respect that. Just a bit of friendly advice. :)

You idiot! :D

Snore-bore 0-0. What was Arsenal vs Chelsea? What was Liverpool vs ManU. Those were was boring as this game. You know why? If you had a brain, you would have figured out that when top teams play, they normally nullify each other, and the results end up being decided by a piece of brilliance or a bit of luck? Or normally a draw?

Chelsea were the home team, and they should have attacked, like we did at Anfield. Rafa got this tactically spot on. We couldn't attack (we did a bit) since we would have been caught on the break by Chelsea, who have much more pace and quality than us. That is obvious.

I have no problems facing the top teams like this. However, Rafa does my head in when he plays the same against against Wigan, or West Ham. We don't need to outsmart them, we should go out and straight away beat them. I am happy with a result. Our first point away against the Top 3 under Rafa. Very few teams get away with anything at the Bridge, and if Chelsea looked off colour, it was because of our defense.

Bring on Inter :)

exactly

and why is that plan m? , are you gonna get banned too? you cant say anything to these lads , there on the defensive all the time, i dont insult any one , thus , never have, so whats the deal?
they come on the everton thread talkin shite , so is there one rule for liverpool and one for the rest of us. tik has just insulted disabled people if any should be warned its him , i would never stoop that low!!!

It is a thin line where you go wether you go to far or not.

I for one think that having different football supporters taking the piss etc is what it is all about.

Aslong as you don't get really personal to the other individual posting.

Blue4life you are a passionate supporter mate but you WILL get banned from here if you keep posting in their thread. You gotta respect that. Just a bit of friendly advice. :)

Why though mate? Surely he can come in here and post that's what this forum is all about. If you made each thread ONLY for supporters of that club it would be very dull indeed.

Bobby, clockender, dont be taking this piss in here for god`s sake!!! this lot dont have sense of humours at all, thanks anyway i thought i was the only one who enjoyed the banter....

Mate, this forum is VERY uptight these days. It's so easy to get banned it's unreal.

and why is that plan m? , are you gonna get banned too? you cant say anything to these lads , there on the defensive all the time, i dont insult any one , thus , never have, so whats the deal?
they come on the everton thread talkin shite , so is there one rule for liverpool and one for the rest of us. tik has just insulted disabled people if any should be warned its him , i would never stoop that low!!!

There's quite a few posts on here which we have a laugh and joke about, the "plauful banter" posts. Then there are posts which are clearly aimed at trying to piss Liverpool fans off and get a rise out of them and cause arguements. Your posts fall into the latter.

I'm all for playful banter, it's football and it's part of the game. But CONSTANTLY coming into this thread and saying "you're shit, your players are shit, your fans are shit etc" isn't banter, it's inciting.

I've said it before, me and Plan M don't see eye-to-eye a lot of time time (a LOT ... even then an understatement? :lol:) and in my mind, he can come in and try to wind people up. BUT he also comes in with some fair comments, some funny banter and he can have a laugh with us. I guess it depends on the cereal he has as to how his comments are that day :p But seriously, he can be annoying (no offense meant Plan M) and he does go too far with slagging off Liverpool at times, but he does go the other way (ohh-er!) and have a meaningful conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom