Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

You dont think gillette and hicks in everton colours is funny, you dont get irony? :roll:

it wernt a dig i just thought it was funny , your very sensitive dags!

oh! i see im not on your ignore list any more, thanks for that ive had no sleep since the day you said i would be ignored....:roll:

relax and have a laugh will you ffs....

I'd laugh if it was funny, and it wasn't. I've seen my fair share of pics from Evertonian's pasting from BlueKipper and some of those are pretty funny, but that one pasted there just wasn't remotely funny. Next please?

What's with the sarcasm about the ignore list? How old are you?

Just ignore him dags, i'll keep him company :)

@ Abs: Yeah, it's such a silly thing to say .. Backs Kuyt to fill Torres Boots .. yea right.

Plan M, again. Shut up. it took old red nose 7 years. Don't forget. Oh and yeah, if Rafa was clueless, he would have left the club long back. And then we could hire you, you know. Then i guess we'd have more 'clues'. Non sense.

We are really going to get thrashed arn't we? Torres and Arbeloa are injured. Agger's been injured for so long, and with Xabi suspended, I can't see where we are going to get any penetration. And Rafa still persists with Kuyt?!!

Give Babel at least a chance. He has pace, great technique, and poses some thread. Alex would be jumping in joy, seeing the site of Kuyt. I think Rafa is too stubborn to believe that he WASTED 9 million on Kuyt. Come on Rafa, sell him for 3 million in the summer, and get David Villa. We are only increasing our chances of losing by playing Kuyt. He has been absolutely rubbish. Even Diouf wasn't this bad. It's just painful trying to watch him control a ball.

I wonder whether Kuyt will actually stay in the centre insteaf going out wide.......As for babel,firstly he's injured to start off with and secondly he has come out and said himself he cant cope with the prem pace and physical nature yet. Whats the point in him playing from the start when you know he'll just get out musled. Put him on with 30, 20min to go against a tired defense and he can show his quality.

Im hoping liverpool will do a houiller and just defend and try to get something on the break / set piece. Dont see how else they can get anything from the game as we will have no penetration from crouch and kuyt, gerrard will be sitting deep wasting possesion, beni noon will be drifting inside wasting crouch's height and on the left we will have......Kewell.......and he cant beat the invalides section for pace these days. It really is going to have to come from a set piece to have a good chance to score on sunday. And that might be for the best, as in recent years the times liverpool have conceded against chelsea has been when liverpool have been pushing for something for the game and chelsea have just sat back and soaked it up, even at home they have done that. Might aswell turn the table, moreso with the new management playing more attacking football, allegedly, as I havent bothered watch a game from them this season.

I would want Lucas to play, since we don't have Alonso. We were playing our best with him in the middle. Doubt it will happen though.

And when is Agger back? We have missed him so much this season! He is as important as Alonso or Gerrard for us IMO.

Last edited:

Depends how you want to play though, he's good for keeping possesion but Im not sure that would be the best way to play on sunday.

Surely we have to play exactly like that Tik? We need to keep the ball away from Chelsea as much as possible and stop them from playing. I feel Lucas would be great against Chelsea, as well as providing good skills to hold the ball up, he is also able to create chances.

Exactly, we have to get rid of the negative football when we play against top teams. We had a real go at Chelsea earlier in the season, played positive, played great attacking football, and bossed the game. We should have won, but we couldn't finish the game off, and they got a lucky penalty. Alonso was fantastic this game, and Lucas can do his job. Torres is obviously missing, but Crouch is a decent player (we won without Torres at Anfield last season). I don't care if we lose on Sunday, if we just have a go at them. It seems Kuyt is going to play, so I will just pray that he finds the form he found when he played against them last season. And let's hope Captain Fantastic is in the mood, and steps up in the absence of Torres. If there's a time to beat Chelsea, it's NOW. Our season could change if we win this. Come on! I am keeping my fingers crossed closer than a nun's legs....

Well its definetly a big game for you lot, especially with the Inter game around the corner any of you see any chance that Rafa may look to win early on and probably take of some before the end for the Inter game, I think Kuyt was a good player last season thought it would take time for him to completely come to grips with the league but it seems like its completely fell apart for the guy this season, maybe its the lack of the CF role he hasn't had? sorry lads but i can only see a Chelsea win

Would you rather see us play a positive football with a 50:50 chance (maybe more) of being trashed by Chelsea?

In such game, final comments would say "it was a courageous effort by Liverpool, taking the game to Chelsea @ Stamford Bridge, but the widening class and luck of both teams are more apparent than ever. Chelsea 4, Liverpool 0."

I don't want that headline honestly :(

Last edited:

Earlier in the season we were on good form and full of confidence and then taking the game to them is possible........thats not the case atm and I think liverpool are solid enough to keep it tight and try to score on the break/set piece. If we try to play with the form and confidense we have no chance imo. We could barely pass the ball at westham, let alone at chelsea.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N158780080209-1215.htm

This is like the 5th article that's come up with Dirk's comments in the recent week. I feel for him as he's a very honest player, but actions speak louder than words my friend...

Regarding the game, this is what I would go with

Reina
Finnan Carra Hyypia Risse
Mash
Pennant Lucas Gerrard Yossi
Crouch

Pack the midfield, don't let them pass around. Yossi can come in to support Crouch, Pennant can provide the crosses, Lucas can control the midfield, with Captain Fantastic bombing forward. I also feel Skrtel can be very important. Tell the players Skrtel's not happy with them. Nothing like putting a bit of fear in the players to perform.....

Last edited:

Heheh well well well wonder why he chooses to be humble just before the Chelsea match? I hope he knows now.

This is the lineup

Reina

Finnan
Carra
El Skirt
Riise

Stevie G
Lucas
Mash

Kuyt
Babel
Crouch

I really think Rafa fancies this. Atl east it's a positve line up. Glad to see Lucas and Babel play. Let's hope Kuyt does a Bruno Cheyrou today!

Back
Top Bottom