Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Good way to fall asleep surely? I know my dad always has trouble trying to stay awake for the midweek matches, lol.

@ mike,

Yeah he is looking both tired and pissed off having to run after aimless punts all the f$%king time. Its nor surprise his level has gone down when he is having to work his arse off just to get a decent ball in a decent position. The amount of times ive seen him having to battle one or two defenders just to get a look in at goal is shocking. And its all down to the crap we are playing atm with gerrard far to deep in midfield, kuyt being crap and usually on one of the wings leaving him on his own with 2/3 defenders around him. He's strong, fast and powerfull but thats asking too much for so many games.

Finnan on for aurelio...........so not a single left sided player? The sunderland right back must be having trouble not laughing out loud at the leftsided genius of lucas and carra.....or finnan :(

Last edited:

56:08 GOAL - Peter Crouch
Liverpool 1 - Sunderland 0Cross by Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), headed goal by Peter Crouch (Liverpool) (bottom-left of goal) from centre of penalty area (6 yards).Liverpool 1-0 Sunderland. Assist (cross) by Jamie Carragher (Liverpool) from right wing.

WTF, Carra past the halfway line?!?!?!?!

He's a great player, and I cant remember a top foreign player settling in so well. However I do think he is being wasted with the way we have been playing lately.

Surely Crouch will stay in the team, he's the only one with Torres who has a decent record of scoring, another goal today.

Torres :applause:

I'll eat my words. Well deserved victory lads. I still fear for you against better opposition under Rafa though. :)

Finally! A win! Feels so sweet doesn't it...

Scoreline was a bit flattering. Most of our play was still HOOF! but we managed to score the 3, and we were half decent in the 2nd half. Crouch and Pennant need a good run in the team now. Torres scored a fantastic goal. This is the kind of goal he would miss at Atletico, but the finish was top class! I was hoping Kuyt would take the penalty, just to get some confidence back, but Gerrard wouldn't allow that, would he? I really feel Gerrard doesn't seem to give a shit in matches these days. Kuyt seems afraid to be afraid of the ball, the poor guy. He would have scored the goal, if it was last season.

Let's hope Rafa doesn't shatter Lucas' confidence like he did with Kuyt, by playing him on the left. Babel should clearly be given a run there, as Kewell is shit, and we don't have any other left sided player. This would give some confidence for the big game against Chelsea.

@Plan M, I am not so worried about facing the big teams, as I am about for facing the mid table teams. I think all 3 big games we very close, and could have gone either way for us. I am not so scared about facing Chelsea now. Should be difficult, but we absolutely bossed them earlier in the season.

Amazing what a win can do!

Yep a much needed win, but things still aint right. We need to put a good run together, and players need to be played in their positions. Saying that the new Cafu, Carra at RB put in a great ball for Crouch :D

The new Cafu, yeah right! I was just shocked when I saw that little piece of skill by Carra. Most of the game it was back to Reina or HOOF! but credit to him.

Yes, we need a run of wins now, but it's just sad the Chelsea game is right after our first win of the season :( Let's just hope Arbeloa is back by that game.

I still fear for you against better opposition under Rafa though.

When playing top top opposition in europe I have every confidence in Rafa, its just the formation and team selection in the prem that pisses me off.

As for Babel playing weekly, he's come out himself and said he cant cope with the speed and physique of the premiership. He's strong and fast and is having difficulties, think its the right decision to have him come on as a sub for most matches. Him saying that makes Torres' perfomances this season even more impressive. Maybe in europe he can play more, but even then with the importance of the games and the level of opposition its probably a step too much right now.

Hopefully the team will get some confidense now, they need it.

And as for Gerrard, I think his head has gone down now that Liverpool are out of the league race and he probably thought this would have been the season when liverpool had the best chance with the signings made. Hopefully the CL can get him playing again.

Shame there's a pointless international to break up the squad and get them tired..........

Last edited:

I don't mean Europe mate - I mean the league. You've proved you point in Europe. It's like we both want opposite things - United are long-due a European Cup and you lot are long-due the league.

No excuse for Gerrard, and I am feeling a bit pissed off with Gerrard's attitude. I actually think he wants Rafa gone. And his reaction when Lucas came on against West Ham, was pretty disgusting.

Btw, I thought El Skrtel was pretty solid today.

I don't mean Europe mate - I mean the league. You've proved you point in Europe. It's like we both want opposite things - United are long-due a European Cup and you lot are long-due the league.

Want to change positions? You can have a European Cup, we'll have a couple of league titles :D

Yeh tbh I'm getting sick and tired of Gerrard's 'bigger than the club' attitude. His body langauge is wrong, his performances have been shocking, he hasn't come out to back Rafa.

Fuck off to chavski if you want. Or heck even go abroad where you will come unstuck.

Lucas playing on the left is probably Gerrard picking the team because he throws a hissy fit when he gets moved to his best position, on the right.

Give Carra the captaincy.

El Psycho was solid the other day. Of course he will take a while to settle to our system, the zonal marking etc. It took a whole defence a season to adapt to Zonal. But well done to brushing yourself off, jumping straight back into a high pressure game and not putting a foot wrong.

Last edited:

JESUS STRONG WORDS PETER , but do agree with you , when things arent going right you would look to some one with gerrards experience , but he dosent look interested at the moment , but is all business when things are going well, still back to winning ways yesterday all be it against sunderland, i would think the game against chelsea could be the turning point, the make or break of your season and would expect rafa to use that point to the players!

Give Mash the captaincy! Yesterday, he was absolutely immense and completely dominated the midfield. His distribution was pretty good, and the way he just pushed off Jones just showed why he's world class.

All I was seeing yesterday was Mash winning the ball, passing to Gerrard, Gerrard losing it, and Mash winning it again. Gerrard is slowly becoming the Shearer of the club, and thinks that he is the club. I am sure Rafa still wants to play him on the right, but he's obviously going to complain like a baby saying 'Everybody knows my favorite position except the manager'. He was literally walking around the pitch yesterday.

Yes its all very well for a player like Gerrard to say something like I should be challenging for all the top honours, but he has to realise that he is one of the reasons why we are where we are at the moment, he has been sub par. Bar the Luton Hat-trick, a couple of penalties and some freekicks

npx_010507_c_h_cl_pr_120_3.jpg

Liverpool's clean sheet against Sunderland saw Pepe Reina break another club record.
The Spanish international became the quickest goalkeeper in Anfield history to keep 50 shut-outs in the league.

It has taken Reina 92 games to reach his half century – three fewer than Ray Clemence.

Here's how many games it took Liverpool's top stoppers to accumulate 50 clean sheets in the league:

Pepe Reina – 92
Ray Clemence - 95
Bruce Grobbelaar – 109
Elisha Scott - 135
David James - 136
Tommy Lawrence – 171
Sam Hardy – 185

Can you blame Gerrard though?! He has been carrying Liverpool for fucking years now - he looks around him at teams like Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United where there is quality all over the pitch with their first eleven's. He must of thought this season "Fuck me Rafa, you don't half buy some shite."

I reckon he'll be off in the summer and abroad, to a team like Real Madrid or AC Milan.

Can you blame Gerrard though?! He has been carrying Liverpool for fucking years now - he looks around him at teams like Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United where there is quality all over the pitch with their first eleven's. He must of thought this season "Fuck me Rafa, you don't half buy some shite."

I reckon he'll be off in the summer and abroad, to a team like Real Madrid or AC Milan.

ahemmmm (clears throat) you didnt mention EVERTON MATE...:lol:

I'm old fashioned Plan M, I think theres more to football than just wanting to jump ship to somewhere where you don't have to work as hard.

Theres no point dreaming of better things or believing you deserve more when you've been about as inconsistent as Middlesboro

Blame Gerrard for sulking around the pitch when the club is in absolute crisis on and off the pitch??!

You can say he's been carrying Liverpool for years, but he's not been our best player for a long time. He turns up when he wants to (against Derby), but he has not been consistent for a good couple of years now for club or country. He refuses to play where it's most beneficial to the team, and Rafa has put up with him only because he's too scared that he might upset the fans.

You can say all you want about Rafa, but I have been supporting Liverpool before Rafa came, and I strongly still believe (even though I might not agree with Rafa on many points) that he actually transformed Liverpool. It's just that all the other top teams have progressed even more. Liverpool still under Ged would now be fighting for top 10 this season. And would Gerrard have won the most prestigious trophy in Europe with Arsenal, ManU and Chelsea. We reached 2 finals with an average team, all thanks to Rafa. He still has to figure out the league, but I am willing to give him time.

You can say he's spend on average players, but what is he supposed to do. You have 15 million. You want a right winger and a forward. You can either get one of them, and leave the other position vacant, or buy a decent winger and a decent forward. We all know what we would do in that position, and Rafa has done the same.

Gerrard has really become the 'Henry' or 'Shearer' of Liverpool. The looks he gave when Lucas came on just disgusted me. He should be encouraging and helping youngsters out, but he doesn't seem to give a shit.

If he wants to go, I won't miss him much. It could help us in the same way it helped Arsenal, and it would bring in the finances Rafa needs for the players he wants.

Obviously, I hope he becomes the same player he was a few seasons ago, and shows the same passion for Liverpool that he did earlier, and stay here. I would prefer that :)

I respect what you are saying Pete but Gerrard has worked his bollocks off year-in, year-out since I can remember. Surely a player of his quality is entitled to bigger and better things now? He'll want a league medal by the time he retires and he is closer to 30 years old than 20. He and Carragher know Rafa is clueless when it comes to English football, Jamie even talks about it in the latest FourFourTwo magazine (about how much he doesn't agree with Rafa's rotation and zonal marking policies.) Gerrard has been the main man at your club since I could remember - he has single-handedly saved you're arses a million times. You wouldn't have won the Champions League in 2005 without him and you wouldn't have won the FA Cup in 2006 without him. Imagine that? Those trophies have kept Rafa at L'pool. Those trophies have bought you lot time because lets be honest, you have been the worst of the "big four" for years now.

I find it amazing how you lot can turn on your captain like that.

Funny that Plan M because most people really think of Carragher as our captain.

Gerrard DID not single handidly win anything.

We wouldn't of won the CL without Garcia, or Dudek. Whats your point.

There is nothing bigger or better than Liverpool when you are a local fan of the club and have been since childhood.

The boy has given us great times, but as Abhishek mention he needs to inspire and support those coming through around him, and he also needs to do what his manager tells him.

His arrogance has grown because of what he has done, but now this arrogance is affecting our team ethic. I want him to reclaim his form and settle into a team ethic, but If he doesn't and wants to jump ship, i probably will shed a tear but we will move on, and that 20-40m would do quite nicely thank you very much.

I'm beggining to look at what is pulling this team back, and his attitude and prescence in the team can be as much a drawback as it is a huge confidence boost.

No excuse for Gerrard, and I am feeling a bit pissed off with Gerrard's attitude. I actually think he wants Rafa gone. And his reaction when Lucas came on against West Ham, was pretty disgusting.

why?What did happen??just curious to know

Back
Top Bottom