Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Lads, it's times like this you all need to stick together and support your boys whether they are performing or not. Saying that, I think Rafa really needs to go - he is clueless when it comes to top-tier English football.

Merseyquiz

Answers tommorow..If you know your history :roll: lets see

1. Who is the only Liverpool player to have scored a hat trick against Everton at Goodison Park? For an extra bonus point: Name the year.

2. Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard. Which one didn’t support Everton as a kid?

3. Which Evertonioan holds the record for most derby appearances?

4. Which Liverpool legend said 'Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic?'

5. Who was the last player to play for both clubs?

6. What was the most recent season for one side to do the double over the other?

7. Who scored his first Premier League goal for liverpool against Everton in September 2001?

8. Who is the only player to be sent off twice in derby history?

Just to change the topic.

1. Ian Rush, 1982
2. Stevie G
4. Emlyn Hughes?
5. Westerveld, the keeper.
6. Liverpool in 05/06. 3-1 on both occasions \\:o/
7. Riise. Shame he can't score for his life now. What's it now, 98 shots 0 goals?
8. Stevie G again, in recent memory. Neville got his 2nd as well didn't he?
No idea about no. 3 :(

Last edited:

Rafa on Sky:

'We deserved to win'

Clutching at straws Rafa, clutching at straws mate. :lol:

All seriousness, he is starting to look like a pretty desperate man who is running out of ideas and then excuses.

As I said, his interviews have become so predictable. I bet the next thing he said was "We are concentrating on the getting 3 points against Sunderland". Which we obviously won't!

He should concentrate on a diet, he seems to get fatter with every game. A fit coach is a happy coach.

Remember my avatar next time you watch them play .. cause I won't be watching them for now, because my heart bleeds with every lackluster performance.

He should concentrate on a diet, he seems to get fatter with every game. A fit coach is a happy coach.

He must be really stressed though. The media in England are like a pack of wolves. People eat when they are stressed. Just a coincidence that stressed spelt backwards is desserts.;)
I feel sorry for the guy and wouldn't be surprised if he jacked it in before he got sacked. He could go back to Valencia or something.

I'd quit whilst I was behind if I was poor old Rafa. I'd also take the shite squad with me if I were him otherwise he will always be remembered for how poor L'pool are now and not the European Cup he won. Football supporters have short memories.

Looks like we have officially signed Mash on a 4 year deal. That's some good news. At least we have one more world class player in the Liverpool ranks. TBH, he has been our best player this season, and the only one who seems to be giving 100% every game.

Merseyquiz

ANSWERS...

1. Ian Rush in 1982.
2. Steven Gerrard
3. Neville Southall
4. Emlyn Hughes
5. Sander Westerveld. He was loaned to Everton in 2006.
6. 2005/06 LIVERPOOL WON 3-1 at Anfield and 1-3 at Goodison.
7. John Arne Riise
8. Steven Gerrard

Last edited:

Rafa Benitez is confident Liverpool will complete a deal to secure the future of Javier Mascherano.

The midfielder is currently on loan with the Reds until the end of the season and Benitez is keen to fix the Argentine international on a permanent deal.

Reports suggested the Reds had agreed the £18million signing of Mascherano on Thursday's transfer deadline, but a deal was not agreed with Media Sports Investment - who own the rights to Mascherano.

Benitez, though, insists a deal will soon be finalised for Mascherano, who is set to return to the Liverpool squad for Saturday's clash with Sunderland after sitting out the midweek defeat to West Ham through suspension.

Confident

"It is clear the player has a contract with us until the end of the season," Benitez told Sky Sports News.

"We are trying to progress with the situation so that he can play with us. It is not a problem, we are trying to seal the deal.

"We say it before and we say it now, we are confident he will stay with us.

"He proves he is a very good professional from the first day. His commitment is fantastic and the supporters know this. We are talking about a very good player."

Important

Meanwhile, Benitez is content with the business Liverpool conducted in the January transfer window.

Liverpool captured defender Martin Skrtel from Zenit St Petersberg and allowed Mohamed Sissoko to join Juventus and Benitez is happy with the limited transfer activity.

"We couldn't do too much because in January it is always difficult to find the right players," Benitez added. "We had the target of Martin Skrtel and also Mohamed Sissoko."

And Benitez also believes the January transfer activity demonstrates he has the support of club owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks, despite it being suggest the trio endure a less than cordial relationship.

"They have shown that they want to improve the squad and this is important," Benitez concluded.

------------------------------

What's the difference between signing him now and the summer? They had the money to sign him yesterday yet it didn't happen? I'm very doubtful whether he'll still be here next season, very very doubtful ...

It's just that Mash wanted to be confident that he will be signed, which seems the case now. Earlier, he was not sure whether he would be signed, so we wanted to talk to other clubs in advance, to be sure of his future. TBH, I'm pretty optimistic we can complete the deal.

A little goodbye letter from Momo

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N158685080201-1313.htm

Momo will ALWAYS be boss :mrgreen:

Also looks like Arbeloa got the call for the national team. Well deserved for him. He had some great matches last season, especially against Barca, when he had Messi in his pocket, but this season he has been our most improved player, and also improved offensively.

I'm made up for Arbeloa, he's deserved a call up, a brilliant player for us since we signed him :)

Nice letter from Momo too. He did go downhill towards the end of his time with us, but he's going to be a great player and showed a lot of potential. Cheers Momo, good luck at Juve!

GOOD NEWS LADS:

Rumours that Paco and Rafa have kissed and made up.

Pako still lives in the area and has left his job in Bilbao.

He was present at the Youth Cup game v Arsenal (which we won 1-0) 3 FA YOUTH CUPS IN A ROW HERE WE COME. Pictured next to another one of our fitness coaches.

13882620-550px.jpg

Please, Please, Please come back.\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/

Of course the other possibility is he is coming back as no2 to Jose.....

Last edited:

Good letter from Mo, can't really remember any time he complained and always tried his best. Good luck to him!

Hope Paco does come back, the team has lost its passing fluency and general understanding between the players since he left and have never looked like they had gotton it back.

I'm watching the match on Setanta, Tik. No, you are playing 4-4-2 with Carra and Auerlio as wing-backs.

EDIT: Actually forget that, I think you are right Tik. I have the game on in the background, not really taking much notice.

Yeah just noticed Pete, thought I was right. You're right, it's not working. What a boring match.

*sigh*

Was hoping it was 3-5-2, as carra as sideback doesnt work, especially not at home ffs! Nor does the midfield with either gerrard, masch or lucas on the left. Im not watching the game but surely Sunderland are packing their half and trying not to let anything get through.......and then we play a narrow 4-4-2 with pennent on one side having to do everything and aurelio having to pushup and try and do something on his own on the left. Great use of Crouch that is!

Another draw? When 3 of the 4 above us draw Rafa plays a pretty defensive team at home again?! Im not even watching what is likely to be a dire effort and am already giving up on winning this match based on the team set-up.............

If we dont win this or at the very least put in a better 2nd half performance with a few goals then my support for Rafa has well and truly gone.

Its been nigh on close to 15-20 games now in a row that we have been absolutley shocking in.

Same old, same old... AGAIN!!

Our players are looking clueless with the ball. They don't have any idea what to do. No guile, no creativity, no cutting edge. WTF is Lucas doing on the left wing? God, our play is getting absolutely dire.

Back
Top Bottom