Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

I'm sure the WUM's on here are busy finding out Abhishek ...

juve.jpg

you'll never walk alone hahahahaha
you'll never win this year hahahaha

Apparantly we went eleven games without a win under Houllier.

Fuck off Chico, you're about as funny as Blue4Life, which doesn't say much.

i get it from him, hes my uncle!!!

WEST HAM!!!!!!

nite nite way to school tomo a sad boy arent ya hahahaha, cry yourself to sleep ill have a beer for noble!!!!!

_42421233_noble_getty416.jpg

This is the last time I am going to wake up till 4 am to watch Liverpool. I am taking a break from football. I will probably go into a depression if I don't.

PS Lucas has to play every game for us. He is top class. Babel, despite his hype, has not shown me any world class talent at all.

Good night.

This is the last time I am going to wake up till 4 am to watch Liverpool. I am taking a break from football. I will probably go into a depression if I don't.

PS Lucas has to play every game for us. He is top class. Babel, despite his hype, has not shown me any world class talent at all.

Good night.

What?! 4am to watch football? That's dedication for you! :applause:

Shame it's been a complete waste of time though :(

Right this is a warning to all the people who are coming in here just to wind up people, this is a Liverpool forum for Liverpool chat so lets keep it that way

if we see it happening again you will be warned and then if you do it again you will be banned

dont think we deserved to lose but it has been coming.

I think Rafa has lost the dressing room, and for me the players need to confirm this to the fans or the board if it is true becuase this can't carry on.

I'd be more surprised if Rafa isn't sacked than see him stay. Although at this stage in the season, with 14 games left, is it too late to sack him?

Either way, I think we get knocked out of the CL by Inter and Benitez is gone either way.

Only thing is there's no managers available out there? Maybe the board would pull off a masterstroke and get someone currently in a job and doing well? But then bearing in mind they approached Klinsmann with hardly any kind of management experience, I doubt their manager hunting skills are too good.

Edit: Apparantly Rafa mouthed "That's it!" at the end, looked right pissed off! It's on Sky Sports, I'll keep an eye out. Not sure who he was talking to but people believe it was Carragher.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good night.

You should get TiVo or a DVD-RW recorder bhai ;)

I dunno, do we keep rafa on for his CL expertise, despite the fact that I just cannot see us beating Inter in this form. Our great European nights in the past have always usually come on the back of a run of games where we could actually string 6 passes together and particularly when we've been in a robotic effecient mode. There is no cohesion in the team and the players faith in each others abillity must be shot, and if they aren't prepared to fight every inch for Rafa, well then the Unbeaten run away leaders of Seria A will come and conquer.

Wouldn't be suprised to see Rafa sacked in the morning, but in all honestly I don't think G+H will do it so soon after the re-financing. But I'm willing to bet Benitez's support even with the die hards is diminishing enough for it not to turn into a media storm.

Mourinho to Valencia hasn't be confirmed, maybe he is hovering.

Well what can i say, only way is up. i think the owners will either sack him now or wait till the end of the season , i cant see him keeping his job at all. worst thing is that will mean even though you probably need 4-5 players already the new manager will want his own players that he doesnt like in the first time already, seems like tough times ahead for you lot.

PS if it means anything were having a great season :)

dont think we deserved to lose but it has been coming.

Disagree mate.

You always have one over us but tonight you were pretty poor.
I'm not here to gloat (despite being delighted) as how can I gloat when you have more silverware in your club's toilet than we have at all? :lol: ;)

First half and generally overall we had far better of the game and were lucky not to go 2-0 up with Boa Morte and then Noble hitting the bar.
Green had only 1 save to make in the entire game and for a team like yours, that is appalling.

We played the same system as we did against Man Utd, the 4-5-1 with Noble, Mullins and Bowyer in the middle and it worked again just as effectively.

Noble was outstanding today and Mullins kept Gerrard and Benayoun very quiet after keeping Elano anonymous last week.
Mullins really is one of the most underrated players in the league for me and that is an honest and unbiased opinion. (He was a massive loss when suspended for the cup final in 2005)

Benayoun got taken off and Kuyt and Torres also had no cutting edge about them.
We also never created that much, but we have many of our 2nd string players playing but still done more and looked more dangerous.

I have seen Liverpool play a few times this year, but I was really surprised tonight how flat the team really looked.
Our penalty was a clear blatant penalty but I think you were a little unlucky not to have a penalty too, when Neill handled the ball in the area.

Rafa has always had a problem with rotation and I think he really needs to start picking the same team and having faith in one system.
I don't think there is that much wrong,- you are just in a bad spell.
It must be hard for a player to play well and to be in a winning team yet get taken out just for the sake of rotation.
The Liverpool team on paper tonight has all the makings of a great team, but how can it become a great team when it changes all the time?!

I dunno as you lot will know more about the team and things behind the scenes, but on a personal level it's so annoying when a team like West Ham beats one of the top 4 teams and it's never how West Ham won it or played well, but how the top 4 team played poor and lost it.
Match of the Day and the mob on Sky relly do wind me up with the biased coverage.

Oh and ignore people like chico... if he was a West Ham fan and said that nonsense, we'd probably give him a slap:lol:

Liverpool supporters are to launch an ambitious plan to buy the football club from its current American owners.

US tycoons George Gillett and Tom Hicks recently finalised a £350m refinancing of the club which they bought in 2007.

But the Share Liverpool FC Group is to reveal plans for a buy-out of the club by 100,000 Reds fans around the world.

The model proposed will be a Barcelona style, "member-share" scheme, aimed at raising £500m to purchase the club from its US owners and build a new stadium.

606: DEBATE

Can the fans succeed in their bid to take over the club?

As well as UK-based fans, a website will be launched to attract interest from Liverpool's supporter base around the world, particularly in East Asia.

Club refinancing

Those behind the move are football business lecturer and Liverpool fan Rogan Taylor, former director of communications at the Premier League Phil French, and lawyer Kevin Jacquiss - an expert in launching co-operatives.

"The time is right to offer a different solution to the rising concerns that football fans have about the patterns of ownership developing at our major football clubs," said Taylor, who is director of the Football Industry Group at the University of Liverpool.

Full details of how the fans' group hopes to buy the club will be revealed later on Thursday, although the initial figures seem to suggest an investment per supporter of £5,000 each.

Thousands of Liverpool fans have already demonstrated their dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs
Rogan Taylor, Share Liverpool FC Group

Many Liverpool supporters have been unhappy at the recent uncertainty surrounding the refinancing of the club.

After much delay, and reports that either one or both of the owners was willing to sell a stake to Dubai's DIC, a refinancing deal was signed last week with the Royal Bank of Scotland and US bank Wachovia.

Hicks confirmed to the BBC last week that of the £350m refinancing package, £105m of that will be debt tied to the club.

Of that total, £45m will be used for future player transfers and to meet the club's working capital needs, and the remaining £60m is thought to be free for start-up money for a new Liverpool stadium.

However, some supporters are unhappy about debt being placed on to the club, and there is also a perception that the owners' support for manager Rafa Benitez has not been as strong as it might.

Debt burden

"Thousands of Liverpool fans have already demonstrated their dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs," said Taylor.

"Large amounts of debt often devolves onto clubs newly purchased, but the fans know that in the end, it will be they themselves who will have to pay it off through increased ticket prices and other schemes.

George Gillett (left) and Tom Hicks after taking over at Anfield
All looked rosy when the US duo took over in early 2007

"In such a case, why not simply buy the club yourselves?"

He said that many fans were unaware that there were other ways of financing and taking ownership of big clubs.

Taylor said that in Germany and Spain most top-level football clubs were not for sale as they were owned by many thousands of "member fans".

"The Champions League has been won on six occasions in the last 15 years by clubs owned and run in such a way," he said.

Barcelona, which won the Champions League in 2006, is owned by its 100,000 fan-members.

Stadium plan

Earlier this month a survey carried out by the Liverpool Supporters' network showed that 76% of 2,000 fans questioned said they would "seriously consider reducing their financial commitment to the club" if the current owners stayed in charge.

When asked to choose between the owners and the manager as to who had the best interest of the club at heart, 99% backed Benitez.

However, Hicks and Gillett have insisted that they are fully behind Benitez.

They also say the club plans to build the 71,000-seat venue close to Anfield in Stanley Park in time for the 2011-12 season.

Very, very ambitious move. It is certainly an interesting idea, but I am not sure how it would be carried out. Barcelona is obviously a huge success.

Anyways, I think the on-field issues are much more serious.

Last edited:

Purchase

The model proposed by Share Liverpool FC will be a 'member-share' scheme, aimed at raising £500 million to purchase the club from Hicks and Gillett and build a new stadium.

The group have pointed to Barcelona as an example of how the system works. Barca currently has more than 150,000 culis - members who own the club.

Mr Taylor added: "What many don't realise is that there are other ways of financing and taking ownership of big clubs.

"In Germany and Spain, most top-level football clubs are simply 'Not For Sale'. They are owned by many thousands of 'member fans'.

"The Champions League has been won on six occasions in the last 15 years by clubs owned and run in such a way."

The plan will be unveiled at the School of Management of the University of Liverpool.

Liverpool FC have so far refused to comment.

--------------------------------------------

I think our off-field issues ARE having an effect on the pitch, in that the players don't know who is going to be managing them. Rafa just seems to have lost the players enthusiasm and we're in a real slump. But I feel if we get these two idiot owners out, it'll give everyone a huge boost, everyone will have an increase in morale and I'm sure things will click into place.

Now, where's the £5000 I had sitting around? I'll check down the back of the couch ...

"dont think this has been posted but interesting brief article from a few years back

Perhaps the best known is Barcelona, which belongs to and is run by its 102,000 members. Every four years they choose a president and a board of directors who manage the club; they have the right to speak and to vote.
Nor are they alone in Spain. Athletic Bilbao, Osasuna and Real Madrid are also democratic/mutual organisations, who hold quadrennial elections allowing their members to help determine the future direction of the club.

Most German clubs are structured as members' clubs with a supervisory board elected by members, who are match-going fans. That board generally selects the make-up of the management board that runs the club on a day-to-day basis and is responsible for the football and non-football sides of club activities.

Of the top division in the Bundesliga, six clubs including SV Hamburg and Schalke, now second and fourth in the table, are purely member associations. Interestingly, the one club that has got into debt is Borussia Dortmund, now stock-exchange listed, who plummeted from European champions in 1997 to near-extinction in 2005.

The rest, by and large, have two entities, a company and an association, and even the private limited companies are minimum 51% owned by the members' association. That figure is a rule of the German FA, which requires this minimum to be held by the members' club, keeping the control with fans.

This goes a long way towards promoting good governance and responsible representation, something overlooked by the Burns report, the structural review of the FA, which failed even to recommend supporter representation on the FA Council let alone its main board.

So where does Uefa fit into this picture? The European Council's Nice declaration of 2000 (often used as last line of defence against the unwelcome attention of the European Commission's competition directorate) states that the specificity of sport is only applicable if football is run "on the basis of a democratic and transparent method of operation".

This declaration regrettably has no legal basis, but at a recent meeting of sports ministers in Leipzig, convened by the British minister Richard Caborn, a draft text was produced, with Uefa outlining the key principles of what will form a Europe-wide sports policy. Nestled in the heart of that text - which in part examined the ownership models of clubs - was a fundamental commitment to look at establishing a European-wide Supporters' Trust movement drawing on the expertise and success of Supporters Direct.

So now Europe's key decision makers in both football and politics are combining to take the principles of democracy and good corporate governance seriously. This one meeting could see in one of the most significant policy developments for European football and sport in general.

Our job is to turn the democratic ideal into reality. If the Supporters' Trust movement keeps growing at current rates and more countries follow suit, then Supporters Direct could in the words of Uefa "go a very long way to reclaiming the agenda for football".

Phillip French is the chief executive of Supporters Direct"

http://football.guardian.co.uk/continentalfootball/story/0,,1671045,00.html

Hehe, of course we're fucking playing below our potential, do you honestly think our team shouldn't expect to beat the like of Wigan and Birmingham at home. The only player I'd take from Everton is Arteta! What I would take right now from Everton is your confidence and passion.

The reason Rafa is under pressure is because we are playing below our potential.

Peter i can understand your upset and all but dont disrespect other clubs like wigan and birmingham (your lot are good at that) there are no easy games in the premier league!
you would only take arteta from everton you say, so you dont rate tim cahill? joleon lescott two off the best finds from the lower leagues, aj, pinearr,fernandes and yakubu to name but a few, you have some nice names in your team , but this season thats all they are, i believe rafa should go, seriously! His rotate policy works well especially in spain but to win the premier league a league of 38 games imo i believe you need to stick with your best 11 to gain some cohesion amongst the group but rafa thinks otherwise , cant believe harry kewell was on the pitch last night , any way this wont last forever, to late for the league and you have become a cup team maybe your destined for european glory again......

Right this is a warning to all the people who are coming in here just to wind up people, this is a Liverpool forum for Liverpool chat so lets keep it that way

if we see it happening again you will be warned and then if you do it again you will be banned

funny how i've never seen a sentence like this on the Chelsea forum..

funny how i've never seen a sentence like this on the Chelsea forum..

Probably because there is hardly anyone in there most of the time.

Anyway, didnt bother watch Rafa's reaction after the game but heard dad commentating on it whilst I was walking up the stairs, lol. Was really pissed off. Carra has been a bit of an idiot this season, he's already given quite a few needless penalties away. The reading one was a ridiculous challenge and not needed, the latest one at westham he deliberatly kicked out when xabi was covering, he was lucky not to get sent off for his forearm/elbow barge against eboue and thats just a couple off the top of my head.

Im worried about Torres actually, the beginning of the season he was fresh but more importantly enjoying his football and in his own words felt liberated from having to carry Atletico. Atm though he, along with gerrard are having to carry the team. And for him its no longer a spanish midtable team but one that is looking to win the CL and prem (not this season). He's looking tired and pissed off, and I cant blame him when he is getting "passes" from kuyt. Honestly, take him off and put crouch on. The amount of times kuyt couldnt even pass over 5 yards to another player was shocking yesterday. Normally he atleast keeps possesion and works hard for the team even if he doesnt offer any danger up front. Now he cant even keep possesion and the hard work is worthless atm.

@ Stevio, agree, Liverpool, who were a bit better in the 2nd half and actually decided to atleast try to play could still hardly create anything. Although reina didnt actually make a save the whole game, WH just deserved it for the slightly better chances.

Rafa's interviews are becoming as predictable as Ged's now. Must be the same old shit. "We created chances, could not put them away, we got unlucky. I am only thinking of 3 points next game!"

Where the hell was Gerrard last night. He only decided to show up in the last 10 minutes.

And Kuyt has become an embarrassment . He has become absolutely rubbish. He can't score obviously, but neither does he have pace, he can't pass and can't control the ball. He has last all his confidence. And Rafa has to take some blame on this. Kuyt is an out and out striker for god sakes. He's not an attacking midfielder, or a 'in the hole' player. Kuyt used to score for fun in Holland, and was top scorer for us last season in the league. But playing him completely out of position, has shattered him. It really has.

And I agree with tik on Torres. It's all deja vu for him isn't it. The teams in the league have figured it out. Get 2 defenders to completely mark Torres out of the game. Pack the midfield. Our game is over, as Kuyt is shit, and we have rubbish wingers.

I can't even see us bothering Inter with the way we are playing. They must be laughing looking at us. They are going to absolutely thrash us.

Stop right there! Don't ever call me a bitter again! ;)

For me, a true fan is one who actually criticizes his own team, rather than just blindly praising his own team, no matter what happens. I love Liverpool, so I give opinions about them, whether positive or negative. I care about LFC, that's why I slag them off when they deserve it. I won't bother slagging other teams, as I don't really care about them. Something you should think about ;)

well for me football aint just about the love for everton football club , would be pretty boring if it was just us , no its a community thing, a local thing or on the worldwide scale , its about a sence of belonging through the good and the bad ! and its about the intence rivalry that exists in football, thats what makes this game so bloody addictive , we are all in the same boat and long may it continue!!

the barcelona model has been around for many many many years, back when futbol wasnt so expensive. YOu guys houls read the book barca, by jimmy burns. then decide if you want that kind of ownership... Usually the presidency is bought just as a team is..

Merseyquiz

Answers tommorow..If you know your history :roll: lets see

1. Who is the only Liverpool player to have scored a hat trick against Everton at Goodison Park? For an extra bonus point: Name the year.

2. Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard. Which one didn’t support Everton as a kid?

3. Which Evertonioan holds the record for most derby appearances?

4. Which Liverpool legend said 'Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic?'

5. Who was the last player to play for both clubs?

6. What was the most recent season for one side to do the double over the other?

7. Who scored his first Premier League goal for liverpool against Everton in September 2001?

8. Who is the only player to be sent off twice in derby history?

Back
Top Bottom