Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

241522844_1154a06718_o.png

~ ONCE A BLUE, NOW A RED, IN OUR HEARTS YOU ARE DEAD HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ~

Right, shouldn't this tit be banned for posting blatantly to wind people up?

dry your eyes mate not like im physically harming you is it, ffs grow up and enjoy the banter. let us have this time its been a while for us, g's louise some people on this board are wound up far too easily.

Ah, well, I guess we've deserved this one, after our performance against Barnsley. Not much more though ;)

dry your eyes mate not like im physically harming you is it, ffs grow up and enjoy the banter. let us have this time its been a while for us, g's louise some people on this board are wound up far too easily.

When you reach this stage of the Champions League, then we'll talk.

in fact, when you win any trophy, consistently finish in the top 4, top half of the table, then you can be considered our rivals.

you've been above us in the league for a few weeks and now all of a sudden you think you're up there with the best, get a grip.

Liverpool's most awaited game of the season. Mark this day

March 5, 2008
Wednesday
Liverpool vs West Ham
At Anfield

The infamous 'Game in Hand' is finally upon us

When you reach this stage of the Champions League, then we'll talk.

in fact, when you win any trophy, consistently finish in the top 4, top half of the table, then you can be considered our rivals.

you've been above us in the league for a few weeks and now all of a sudden you think you're up there with the best, get a grip.

\\:o/:applause:

loose it and 5th place is ours....:shock:

Gah I'm really hoping the Inter game would spark the team up, ESPECIALLY if Dani indeed returns.

I don't hate Benitez, really :)

EDIT:
I'm feel quite optimistic for tonight's game, so give them your support guys! I hope we will win by more than 1 goal though, anything less would be too tight.

Last edited:

20080218-012-Liverpool_training.jpg

DAGGER in the squad for tomorraw!

Come on Dagger!! We miss you! I doubt he will play tomorrow, and he's not match fit, and I wouldn't risk him in such a big game. But he can be back for Boro, and the following games. He WILL make a difference.

I personally can't wait for a Skrtel-Agger partnership in future.

Gah I'm really hoping the Inter game would spark the team up, ESPECIALLY if Dani indeed returns.

I don't hate Benitez, really :)

EDIT:
I'm feel quite optimistic for tonight's game, so give them your support guys! I hope we will win by more than 1 goal though, anything less would be too tight.

Neither do I mate. I get pissed off with Rafa after every poor result, especially when he makes stupid decisions. But then again, he has taken us very far ahead since he's come, and the man is absolute class. It's more of a love-hate relation. Let's hope he can pull off his magic today.

Anyways, there are rumours that DIC want Benitez out before they buy the club. So, G&H may have to sack Rafa as one of the conditions of buying the club. Wonder who DIC have in mind??

Last edited:

chico... don't ya see the points table... Liverpool have a game in hand... you guys just a 3 points ahead of them... get a gripe mate.... stop living in the dream world... tonight champs league.... finalllyyyy....

A good read before the game:

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1776_3162960,00.html

Abh: That sounded to weird to be true .. I do think that once the ownership fiasco is sorted, then Liverpool under Rafa would play at their best again, or is that just wishful thinking?

I think Agger is a game-time decision, no news yet on HIM being in the squad. And I don't think he will be risked by starting the game, maybe a late-game sub.

Last edited:

I don't understand what under-rated or mediocre players did rafa buy? babel? torres? yossi? voronin initially did well exceptionally.. but later lost it... similar to chelsea's sheva.. but hopefully might come back to full form... strange really... its the players who's gotta back the manager up on the field irrespective of his rotation policies...

The whole rotation policy and Rafa's spending is hugely exaggerated by the media. Our opponents tonight Inter, have been rotating for the past few seasons, but the difference is that they have probably the best squad in Europe. So they rotate with quality. Exactly same as Rafa's Valencia. I do agree that there are times when you don't need to rotate, but Rafa does anyways (Reading, Birmingham etc) but over the past few months he has pretty much kept the same core, and changed 3-4 players depending on injury.

As regards to Rafa's spending, the reason NET spend is important is because Rafa does not have to just buy one player. He also has to buy replacements for the players he has sold (so Yossi for Luis, Babel for the strikers). Rafa has never been given the luxury to spend 20m on a player (Torres exception). He has been given 10m on each occasion, not 40m on one occassion. And what does he do, when he needs to buy a winger AND a striker? He can buy one striker from that 10m and hope that a reserve plays for the whole season as a winger. Or he can do what most people would do. Spend 10m on a decent winger and striker (Bellamy and Pennant as examples). It's very easy to post statistics that Rafa has spent huge amounts of money, but the situation when buying these players is also very important. On many occassions, he has also not been able to add the extra couple of millions to buy the players he wants (Simao, Alves, Malouda etc).

However, saying that, he has bought some shockers- Kuyt (who I thought would improve, but just has become awful), Morientes (top class striker, who never fitted in the EPL), Pellegrino, Paletta etc.

Rafa has his faults, the biggest being he is extremely stubborn. I do feel he needs a no. 2, because he needs someone who can question him from time to time. Anyways, I am not going to say whether Rafa stays or not. ATM, most important thing is doing well in the CL. And hopefully, the whole ownership fiasco will sort itself out in the next month or so.

Bring on Inter!

Too much prediction on a match not yet completed... Everton playing well but have to side with Liverpool here....

win it and 6th place is yours!! everton to take final champions league spot and villa to just miss out.

right blue4life. i thought you were a mature poster, with much more sense than some of the others on this forum. but some of your last posts, some in the everton thread and the fact that your so bitter, sum up to one thing. you're worse than that kid called Plan M.

right blue4life. i thought you were a mature poster, with much more sense than some of the others on this forum. but some of your last posts, some in the everton thread and the fact that your so bitter, sum up to one thing. you're worse than that kid called Plan M.

You only just noticed? Plan M is nowhere near as bad as Blue4Life, Plan M can come up with sensible comments too.

I'm really looking forward to the match tonight, watching the clock wishing the day away :)

seriously... the way Blue4life and plan m speak sometimes give me the indication they are toddlers mimicking elders....

Hah, same here mate! Very, very nervous for today! Inter are probably the best team we face since Barca last year. Match is going to start 1:30 am tonight, so it's going to be another 3am Liverpool night. I am just hoping it's better than the previous ones!

Still 6 hours to ago, and I too am just watching the clock tick away.

@delta, lak47, Plan M is cool. He sometimes makes some posts to wind us up, but that's just friendly banter. He's really ok :)

Last edited:

seriously... the way Blue4life and plan m speak sometimes give me the indication they are toddlers mimicking elders....

What the hell do you know about me? At least I type properly and "not in txt speek lol!!!11"

Get off my case.

:lol: i must admit that is quite a funny post, probably the first one that was worth Blue posting

Back
Top Bottom