Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Whats with the attack on Mike? he hasn't even said anything lately other than he will eat his own poo if you lot win which to be fair is probably a fair outlook on who the clear favourates are and the form you lot are in.:)

@ abhishek:

nothing personal or even anything at all against Plan M, just saying that the 'banter' posted , just sometimes, goes over the top. was giving his example in context to the banter. he sometimes posts utter non sense (sometimes good stuff), but this blue4life, chico or whatever hippy name he has, are even worse than Plan M's worst posts, thats all.

Last edited:

What the hell do you know about me? At least I type properly and "not in txt speek lol!!!11"

Get off my case.

Dude no where is it written I can't write in "txt speek"...... and besides I'm just reading your postings and commenting on them... look at blue4life... took it well...

BLUE4LIFE

james_clayton.jpg

RELAX....Its fun being blue...:D

lol.... good m8 good... :applause: have to give you that good reply...!!

Just surfing around, and media are back to their 'Rafa's last chance' BS. Sorry, but who are YOU to decide? It's upto the fans and owners, whoever they are. I can only imagine how difficult it's for Rafa. Whatever paper he buys, headlines will be "Rafa's last chance, exclusive!". Fucking awful, leave the man alone!

Liverpool's most awaited game of the season. Mark this day

March 5, 2008
Wednesday
Liverpool vs West Ham
At Anfield

The infamous 'Game in Hand' is finally upon us

:roll: Dont get to excited mate, wouldnt you agree the points are better in the bag, why do you think you will get 3 points out of this or are you just being cocky and arrogant like me..:salute:

edit ... well for all you know the media could well be right , this may be his last game, im sure he is ready to walk! The bags probaly packed just in case. Not being bitter but i really dont see lfc getting anything out of this game, they must show absolute commitment to the cause , 100 percent effort or the fans i would guess will pack his bag for him...

Last edited:

Mate, I was just commenting on how we will finally play our game in hand, after waiting for so long. Had we played (and won) our GIH earlier, we would have been in the Top 3 for most part of the season. Obviously, it's irrelevant now, but would have made me feel a little better!

And that's exactly what I am saying. Points in bag > GIH

Anyways, talking about Rafa, he surely deserves more than the treatment he is getting. We were unbeaten for almost half the season, had gotten off to our best start ever, were actually playing decent football, until the whole ownership shit kicked in. How can you manage a team, when you know that there's no point, as you might be off the next day? I would my doubts about Rafa, but the treatment he gets from the media is an absolute disgrace.

It is Abhishek, the media always need someone to work on and Rafa is the man now, before him it was Mourinho. When the media get bored and have no "scandals" they can report and scavenge, they'll find a target and work on them until they get their way.

Rafa has came out and said some good quotes which you'd expect would shut the media up, but they're like a pack of wolves and just keep going and going. The media are a load of knobs really. I hope Rafa gets a shitload of compensation from the News Of The World.

But Mascherano insists friendships will be put on hold as he attempts to earn Benitez a reprieve and hand the Reds a first-leg advantage ahead of a return trip to the Giuseppe Meazza.

"I would die to try to get my team a win in this game. They are my team-mates for my country but my job is to stop Inter Milan's players," Mascherano told the Daily Mirror.

"When I play for Liverpool, I don't have any friends in the opposing side.

"When I go out on to the pitch, when I get my mind into playing mode, I forget about everything except winning. I will die to try and get my team a win.

"If that means getting myself between the ball and people who are friends off the pitch, then that is just the way it is."

------------------------------------------------

The vast majority of our players should take a leaf out of Mash's book and show so much spirit and passion. :applause:

The same that it is with Brazil RB's!

Had a look at some previous CL videos, and got me emotional and everything. Got butterflies in my stomach, but these are the nights that make this club what it is!

c`mon dags, good article if your a red and have the rose tinted glasses on, lfc may well rise to the occasion tonight, certainly have enough in the engine room to do so...Every one needs to turn up tonight , no hangers on, there will be no-where to hide.

I think its crucial that lfc get the first goal, for confidence sake, to go one down and who knows what may happen , the heads might drop or it may just awaken the red army from a long sleep....

Last edited:

You're right (for once ;) ), we definately need that first goal. It certainly wont be over if they score first but it will make an already difficult job far more difficult than it needs to be.

It'll be interesting to see the team sheet tonight ...

rafa has been getting closer and closer to what the fans really want , i dont expect to see any surprises tonight, he must go with the strongest team possible...

Bloody hell Blue, what's with the normal posts and not trying to stir shit every post like normal? ;)

I think he will play our best team tonight, but everyone has their own interpretation of the best team so we'll see.

No Chico, it might be more like Blue is trying to have a proper conversation instead of throwing childish digs around :roll: I'm all for having conversations with Blue if he can post like he has been.

Abhishek, Peter, Tik etc, you guys really should get the book I mentioned before (A Season On The Brink), some brilliant quotes from Rafa and players. Makes you see Rafa as a person as well as a manager, and gives you a lot more insight into how he is who he is.

He's just been saying how, when we beat Juventus, he was driving in his car with his wife when he stopped at traffic lights. Some fans were walking down the road singing his name, so his wife suggested he should get out and speak to them seeing as they were singing his name and he shouldn't ignore them. So he got out and gave them autographs, the fans walked off singing louder and louder :)

So, strongest team? This is what I would go for....

Reina

Finnan
Carra
Sami
Arbeloa

Yossi
Mash
Xabi
Stevie G
Riise/Kewell (Not sure on this one, but won't risk Babel to face Maicon)

Torres

@Dags, who's the author?

Guillem Balague, you know him? He's a pretty well-known journalist over here. He's a studio pundit for Sky's La Liga show, writes in a few newspapers and pretty popular in Spain too. Close friends with Benitez so that's how he's got so many quotes from him.

Back
Top Bottom