Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Total domination, you need a goal soonish or it's gonna be throw Crouch on and play long high balls into the box and Inter will catch you on the break.

Materazzi should never have gone, the referee had a shocker there, Torres is a big lad he went down far too easily, and that wasn't the only time.

Final balls have been poor generally, that chance at the end of the half was good though, hopefully you can build on that and get a quick goal and take advantage of the extra man.

This is what I like to see, we're playing really well and the Inter defence are playing really well stopping us containing our play. Inter haven't even had a sniff. Looking forward to the second half!

Who do you support Jumberto?

And why does Gerrard keep taking corners and indirect free kicks? He hardly ever clears the first man and his delivery is really poor.

Id put Benni/Kewell (I know!) instead of Kuyt on the left. Babel is looking good on the right, and has been our best player again IMO. Kuyt has been hopeless as well.

Or Id get Pennant and Crouch on, and take Lucas (who has been good as well, especially defensively) and Kuyt off.

Either way, Kuyt off!

Come on redmen, take the advantage, and win this! Come on!

Where's little Luis when you need him? :(

@Dags, because he does what he wants, no? Aurelio should be taking them though.

Get Kuyt off, he really is a waste of space.

He's trying though. Me think he plays like a midfield instead of a striker. Or maybe Rafa's trying to fool everyone thinking he's playing a 4-4-2 with Kuyt being a "striker" .....

Anyway, it's a good position, HAVE to capitalize on this! Inter will probably play defensively now, and that would need a certain Crouch to pound our way in.

I support Man United Dags.

I totally agree with you about Gerrard's freekicks, they've been really poor, although Aurelio's taken a few today and they haven't been great either, but he's obviously the better dead ball man.

I'd take Kuyt off and put Crouch on and then put Pennant on for Lucas slightly later. Finnan and Aurelio have really got to push on and put pressure on Inter.

Where's little Luis when you need him? :(

In Madrid?\\:o/

Aurelio nearly always misses the goal on his shooting free kicks too :(

I actually think Kuyt has played decently? I dunno, he's done alright in my eyes, set up a few chances and got amongst it. Certainly one of his better performances.

Utd? And you're saying total domination and hopefully we can get a goal?! Wow, that surprised me! :applause:

Yeah, Babel needs to add end product to his game, he just runs at the defender and then either plays a backwards pass that slows the move or loses it.

Ok, we will draw this, or lose. Rafa refuses to remove Kuyt. What will he do at left wing? Nothing.

Well it looks like I will be eating my own shit if Inter don't turn things around in the second half leg!

I gotta say though lads...

Inter are a bunch of cheating ba**ards. They were dirty all over the pitch!

The only negative thing about the 2-0 win for you guys tonight in my opinion is Rafa will be at the helm for even longer now - I do rate him in Europe but he'll never win the league for you guys. You need a coach that can do BOTH. :)

Last edited:

And the legend that is Benitez does it again!! Get in! Get fucking in! 2-0 at Anfield! And one foot in the quarters! Can't wait to see the face of the Rafa haters!

And sorry Dirk, you'll be remember like Luis for this goal!

And yes, Inter are a fucking dirty team! Bastards, the lot of them!

And were Ibrahimovic and Cruz playing!

Yeh, finally, I can sleep at peace with myself! Another Anfield night!

Quality performance by us, completely restricted Inter and a professional hard working attempt by us. We need this every week though!

That Materazzi is a fucking idiot - I actually clapped when he was sent off & you know how much I didn't want you to win! ;)

Also, Inter are supposed to be Serie A holders and leading the league by 12 points or something? I don't undestand how, they were shite tonight.

Proof that Zlatan is an overrated piece of shit. He's not better than Kaka, my ass! If you think about it though, if Liverpool were away with 10 men, all you can do is fight for survival and do all you can. I wouldnt cancel them out yet though, at home they can be a different team. They've built a team thats so strong in Serie A, but as usual theyre shit in Europe, a bit like Arsenal in the past.

Thought we got a 'bit' lucky with the Materazzi decision, but they werent a threat before that. The Ref was genrally shocking, giving bad calls against both teams.

Its so clear to every man and his dog that what we lack is wingers with delivery and movement.

CAN WE PLAY IN EUROPE EVERY WEEK! :D :D :D :D :D :D

If anyone is blind to what a class act MASCHERANO is they need shooting, repeatadly.

SAMI CLASS, CARRA, LUCAS, STEVIE, MASH, FINNAN CLASS

No doubt the critics will moan, but any real football fan knows that in a european tie and you play against ten men, they will park the bus and play for a 0-0, and when they're the Italian league leaders who are unbeaten, its not exactly piss easy now is it? We stuck in there and played some clever but unspectacular football, and it paid dividens. Pennant put in the best cross of the night after about 80 shit attempts and we scored from it. Crouch caused all sorts of problems. Torres faded in the 2nd half. Cesar's save was brilliant and Torres was unlucky with the 2nd effort.

Last edited:

You know what Mark? I'll tell you why they were shit! Rafa, the genius, stopped them playing by his tactics! He blocked their attack! Give him credit! Chelsea and Inter weren't bad on the day! Rafa got the tactics spot on!

Just one away goal, and we'll be laughing our way into the quarters!

Lucas, Mash, Gerrard, Babel, Finnan were fucking fantastic!

Oh come on, Materazzi barely did anything wrong, if it was a Liverpool/United/etc player you'd all be saying the ref was an idiot.

I was afraid and the end that Inter would get an away goal after all this work. Good grief that was over. And lady luck finally is at our side. Great win lads, as I have predicted, more than 1 goal advantage, and 0 away goal as a bonus :)

YNWA!!!!!!!

First yellow was harsh, but second was clear. Materazzi should have known that he was on a yellow. Anyways, all Inter players were dirty.

I still think Rafa needs to go though. That win doesn't convince me.

Also, aren't football supporters fickle? Read the last 10 pages of this thread and it shows you all showing your hatred for Gerrard & Kuyt. Tonight they were your heroes & deserve a lot of praise. :)

The deserve cricism and praise in equal measure. We have been asking them to come out and fight to the end and they have tonight. Stop trying to tar our supporters.

Fletcher anyone?

Back
Top Bottom