Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Oh come on, Materazzi barely did anything wrong, if it was a Liverpool/United/etc player you'd all be saying the ref was an idiot.

I dunno what happened to the standard refereeing these days, we seem to caught them making wrong after wrong after wrong decisions. Is it because of video replay or what? The ref was correct on the second yellow, the first was a cheap one.

How does the win not convince you Mark? Inter, undefeated for 30 off matches, come to Anfield, and get played off the park. Give Rafa a bit more quality, and this team could be doing wonders.

Btw, I must add, Aurelio did a good job of controlling Maicon.

And yes, Gerrard and Kuyt deserve their criticism. They weren't that great today either, but they got the end product, for which they deserve praise. And Torres was having a bad day!!

Now please, transfer some of this into Premiership form.

Btw, on the refereeing, it was really poor. Not only the red card, but a no. of fouls for both teams weren't given. And there was a clear penalty for us not given.

Gerrard was rubbish, I dont see why he deserves singling out, there were much better performances from quite a few other players tonight.

The deserve cricism and praise in equal measure. We have been asking them to come out and fight to the end and they have tonight. Stop trying to tar our supporters.

Fletcher anyone?

You'll never catch me slating ANY of our players mate - they all have a role to play. I'm just saying that last week "Kuyt was average" & "needed to go" and also I remember mine and your debate about Gerrard still being the most important player in your squad yet you disagreed with me. In my opnion, Stevie G put you lot into the next round of the Champions League tonight. Just my opinion, of course. :)

Abhishek - My name is Mike not Mark mate :lol:

One win doesn't convice me at all - Rafa simply can't deliver the goods domestically and in the heart-of-hearts you all know this. Getting knocked out of the Cup by Barnsley and sitting 5th in the Premiership is still not good enough. I'm not going to say anymore on the matter though and I don't wanna spoil tonight's tremendous result; well done lads, you truly deserved your win and put them arrogant, cheating Inter ba**ards in their place. :)

Last edited:

Hmm, really? I am still telling everyone, it was Mash who dominated the midfield, and allowed us to play so effectively. He will never get enough credit. Gerrard and Kuyt were decent today, but they got the goals, which is important. But yes, that's what Gerrard can do. Get a goal from nowhere.

But Mash was, and still is, our most important player this season.

Abhishek - My name is Mike not Mark mate :lol:

One win doesn't convice me at all - Rafa simply can't deliver the goods domestically and in the heart-of-hearts you all know this. Getting knocked out of the Cup by Barnsley and sitting 5th in the Premiership is still not good enough. I'm not going to say anymore on the matter though and I don't wanna spoil tonight's tremendous result; well done lads, you truly deserved your win and put them arrogant, cheating Inter ba**ards in their place. :)

Sorry Mark... I mean Mike :mrgreen:

Yes, don't spoil today for us, we know we are getting beat against Boro on Saturday, because that's how we roll :lol:

I agree with you Abhishek, Mascherano was great. Player's like him often go unnoticed but Gerrard gets all the plaudits, despite spending most of the game crossing to no-one and basically doing nothing (apart from his goal at the end).

I've just seen both Materazzi's bookings again and it was harsh, Torres dived for the 2nd and the first was an accident.

The silent "Makelele" type players never get the credit they are deserved mate & I agree, Mash is a great buy - he worked his cock off tonight.

I still think Inter have a chance. It took 85 minutes for a dominating full on attack Liverpool to crack Inter. The 2nd leg wont allow such an attacking formation and Inter have one of the best attacking teams around.

Liverpool will score an away goal though and it's all over then. I don't want them overrated, cheating c**ts to go through myself after seeing them tonight.

Hmm, Inter obviously have a chance. But being 2 goals down, they will have to attack, which just might give us the space to score another goal, which IMO, will be game over. Tonight, they just parked the bus, from the beginning, but we finally managed to score through Player of the Year Dirk Kuyt. They will attack, and I am sure they will score at least once, but we can hit them on the counter, and score.

For me, it's advantage Liverpool, but obviously, Inter can still pull this back.

Anyways, Id rather face Inter again, than Boro. The thought frightens me!

What happened to all your support for them??

I have never supported Inter - it just disgusts me how much all of the Italian lads slate Inter on here & flame Inter-supporting members when they are, at the end of the day, the best team in Italy at the moment and DIDN'T fix any matches or pay referees (like AC Milan & Juventus to name but a few.) But the sun STILL always shines out of Milan & Juve's arses. I just don't get it. But this has nothing to do with L'pool so lets not discuss it in their thread. :)

God, I hate them too after today! I thought Materazzi was bad, but the whole fucking team were after Torres. I really hope Roma or Juve can pull out a mircale and overtake Inter, but can't see that happening.

Roma won against Real, so I am really happy for them.

This will be my final response to your point - its cos theyre arrogant. They also openly accepted and asked for the 2 titles off Juve, which was completely undeserved. They then started going on about being the best. Most of Juve's achievements were hard earned. They didnt even think about leaving those titles to no one.... since they didnt actually earn them!

Plus, theyve got some arrogant players such as Zlatan and Vieira!!!

I've always hated Materazzi anyway. I am so glad we have the Premiership; you can slate it all you want & like Don Domenico said once "It's stupid football" but imagine seeing that week-in, week-out? Everytime I watch a Serie A game players jump into the air as if they've been shot. Don't get me wrong, we've got our fair share of cheaters but the Italian teams INVENTED it!

Yeh, I was disgusted by that. No self respecting team would actually accept titles handed to them. But today, I saw that the team itself is full of overrated, arrogant, cheats. Hyypia BOSSED Ibrahimovic today, and he isn't all that young.

I've always hated Materazzi anyway. I am so glad we have the Premiership; you can slate it all you want & like Don Domenico said once "It's stupid football" but imagine seeing that week-in, week-out? Everytime I watch a Serie A game players jump into the air as if they've been shot. Don't get me wrong, we've got our fair share of cheaters but the Italian teams INVENTED it!

I'm not even going to write up a response. You're just looking for trouble now.

This will be my final response to your point - its cos theyre arrogant. They also openly accepted and asked for the 2 titles off Juve, which was completely undeserved. They then started going on about being the best. Most of Juve's achievements were hard earned. They didnt even think about leaving those titles to no one.... since they didnt actually earn them!

Plus, theyve got some arrogant players such as Zlatan and Vieira!!!

But at the end of the day, Milan & Juventus were found GUILTY of paying refs & fixing matches. That is scandalous in my opinion and if Man United ever did that I'd be ASHAMED. Inter DIDN'T cheat therefore deserve credit. ALL teams have arrogant players; that is NOT an excuse to constantly slate the team.

I am not looking for trouble; it's just my opinion Milanista. :)

Anyway, sorry L'pool supporters; this is YOUR thread!

That was a joke about the arrogant players. There was more to it in the scandal, Inter were lucky to get away. Even though Juve and Milan were involved with referees, it was for a small number of games, and not to fix the results. The players werent involved, and most of the results were hard earned. Im not denying anything, we got punished.

That was a joke about the arrogant players. There was more to it in the scandal, Inter were lucky to get away. Even though Juve and Milan were involved with referees, it was for a small number of games, and not to fix the results. The players werent involved, and most of the results were hard earned. Im not denying anything, we got punished.

Fair enough my friend - at the end of the day, YOU are allowed to hate them I suppose; they are you're RIVALS! :)

Eamon Dunphy has just said on Irish TV that the Republic of Ireland team are better than Inter Milan

HE IS A TOTAL CUNT. Glad I'm not Irish and don't have to watch the drivel over there.

ANDY GRAY AND Eamon Dunpy!! GAAAAAH

Back
Top Bottom