Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Id be gutted as well! Lucas is a future star. I am sure Rafa won't let him go, but knowing the owners, they can let anything happen.

Exactly, I'm certain Rafa would want to keep him as the guy is clearly a class player, but the owners hold all of the chips here. And if they can get a ton of money which will help line their pockets, or be used to finance the Texas Rangers, then I wouldn't be surprised if they sold whoever they wanted behind Rafa's back.

I think maybe a loan deal for lucas going off somewhere for a bit is the only deal I'd accept, if we got something in return.

Fabiano and Gudjohnsen are both being linked with us today. The latter being a loan deal till end of the season with an option to buy.

Both quality players and I'd love to see them at the club. Gudjohnsen has vision, touch, composure and knows where the net is.

Fabiano is off to Man City apparantly. Never seen him play.

I'd definately be keen on Gudjohnsen. Like you say, he has good enough vision to play around Torres and create chances, but can also score goals. Miles better than Kuyt and Voronin in any case.

Gudjohnsen loan would be a fantastic deal. He would be great around Torres, and much better than Kuyt and Voronin (wouldn't anyone?). Plus he has proved he can scored in the EPL. But honestly, I can't see it happening, or any deal in the transfer window. I will be shocked if it goes through.

Skysports.com understands Palermo are interested in Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva.

The Italian side are believed to have made an enquiry for the Brazilian international as they look to bolster their squad before the close of the transfer window.

Palermo have held a long-term interest in Lucas and tried to sign him before he joined Liverpool from Gremio last summer.

Liverpool beat a host of clubs to Lucas' signature and he is tipped for a big future in the game.

The 21-year-old has struggled to hold down a place in Liverpool's starting XI this season with the likes of Steven Gerrard, Javier Mascherano and Xabio Alonso all ahead of him in the pecking order.

His lack of regular action has alerted Palermo who are hoping to lure him to Serie A.

Lucas is highly-regarded by Reds boss Rafa Benitez and it is unlikely that Liverpool would be willing to let the South American leave.

------------------------------------------------------------

NO CHANCE! I'd be gutted if Lucas left, he's showing so much potential! I wonder if Palermo are trying to take advantage of our "owners" being dickheads and wanting to recoup whatever moneythey can get :(

lucas won't come in palermo. there are no rumours about him here in palermo.... and btw this transfer looks impossible to me (for many reasons), so u have nothing to be worried about..... at least regarding lucas :);)

Well with the refinancing it means the yanks stay on as owners. Now would you want to work for an owner that has publicly stated he was already looking somewhere else? Or an owner that hasnt backed you to improve the team and being unwilling to get to know the game and how it works yet tells you to pretty much "shut the f$%k up".

I think they were wrong to say publicly that Klinsmann was prepared as an insurance, but I don't think it's all that bad because these things were run behind public knowledge anyway. You see, the media was the one that HIGHLIGHTED that fact, where if you see the rest of the interview, Hicks was quite positive when talking about Rafa, saying everything is fixed, communication is running well, etc.

I also believe that their lack of public support from them to Rafa just shows how much they haven't understood the Football Game in general and Liverpool FC as a religion for the fans. It is the kind of club that needs passion from all sides to work flawlessly, and just because the owners don't know how it works doesn't mean they're bad owners.

Lucas leaving? Gosh ... laughing matter ..

I hope Sissoko's deal ISN'T a loan :)

Last edited:

As if that's going to make everything right again :roll:

Apparantly DIC are selling off assets to get money together. Mihir Bose (BBC journalist) has good sources in Dubai who say DIC are likely to make an offer in the next few months but they are definately hanging around still.

Also, the loan is only an 18-month loan, a short term offer. People are speculating this is just a prequel to selling the club, to give Hicks more of a standing and to be able to ask for more money.

The stand opposite the Kop has changed a bit, and the capacity is now 70k.

stop it man your breaking my heart :lol:

boo hoo
Ohio20State20Crying20man.jpg

I just fell off my chair laughing!

Anyway chin-up lads, you'll bounce back, you ALWAYS do. :)

I'm not impressed that we had £50m of debt and we've now been put with £105m of debt. Not the way I seen things happen when G&H took over and said all the things we wanted to hear.

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez believes the sale of Mohamed Sissoko will ensure Javier Mascherano remains at Anfield.

Mascherano is currently on loan on Merseyside and Benitez is desperate to secure the midfielder on a permanent deal during the January transfer window.

The Argentine's temporary deal expires at the end of the season and he could then leave Liverpool with a number of European clubs circling.

However, both Benitez and Mascherano have expressed a desire to extend the 23-year-old's stay and the Reds boss is confident Liverpool owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks will broker a deal.

Pro-active

And Benitez has now hinted that the expected sale of fellow midfielder Sissoko, who lost his place in the Liverpool team following Mascherano's arrival, to Juventus could finance a permanent stay.

"It could help," Benitez told Liverpool's official website when asked if Sissoko's sale could finance a deal.

"We don't have too much news but we are working with Mohamed Sissoko and I think we are close to a final solution which will be good for him and the club.

"I have confidence Mascherano will stay with us. I don't know the exact position now but I talked to the player yesterday and he wants to stay.

"I have had some contact with the owners. We were talking before about Sissoko and Mascherano. We are working and being pro-active."

reports that the owners will sign masch to appease the fans.

it will probably work.

I think the club just needs to calm down, back rafa, and if he fails to deliver (a serious challenge for both cups and a 4th place finish), move him on at the end of the season.

The stadium looks brilliant, no much change, glad they kept it. They've just filled in the 'anny road' end

Hicks will be answering a selection of questions from Koptalk members soon enough, so we will find out the extent of the debt hopefully.

Last edited:

reports that the owners will sign masch to appease the fans.

it will probably work.

I think the club just needs to calm down, back rafa, and if he fails to deliver (a serious challenge for both cups and a 4th place finish), move him on at the end of the season.

The stadium looks brilliant, no much change, glad they kept it. They've just filled in the 'anny road' end

Hicks will be answering a selection of questions from Koptalk members soon enough, so we will find out the extent of the debt hopefully.

im glad someone is thinking postivley and sensibly, you guys will be fine once everything settled

As I mentioned before, it plays out to the media hands the fans had. Just need to calm down because we need everybody's support to bring out something this season, and OF COURSE the media woundn't like stable clubs. :) (See tabloids for more examples)

Nice comment from a bloke highlights this subject:
http://www.football365.com/mailbox/story/0,17033,8744_3077802,00.html

Last edited:

As I mentioned before, it plays out to the media hands the fans had. Just need to calm down because we need everybody's support to bring out something this season, and OF COURSE the media woundn't like stable clubs. :) (See tabloids for more examples)

Nice comment from a bloke highlights this subject:
http://www.football365.com/mailbox/story/0,17033,8744_3077802,00.html

what a load of bollox , support , where from you? :lol:
have you seen you avatar , jesus! (shrugs shoulders and goes home to an everton view thread)

Back
Top Bottom