Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Is it me or do you think liverpool are a powerfull attacking team alwasy waiting to be unleashed? Everytime this season, when going behind or to a draw liverpool have stepped up a gear and have come close to getting a winner on a number of occasions. Yet everytime the purpose and intensity hasnt been their till they have had to do it. Why cant they just go for it from the off (like against portsmouth for example) and get a two goal lead. Then they can sit back and if they concede they can step up a gear again. Its like Rafa is getting too cautious, gerrard being told to stay back for example, which is causing the team harm.

Also does anyone else think gerrard should move back over to the right? With the defensive duties he has to do in CM and his want to try the hollywood ball everytime he really doesnt seem to be able to take hold of the game anymore. The amount of times this season Ive seen him deep and hit a hard long/low ball forward only for the attacker to lose the ball when really he should have just passed it wide or back to keep possesion is getting frustrating. Also the majority of his goals have been when he's been allowed to push forward so nullifying him for most of the game with defensive duties and his want to go forward and lose possesion is costing Liverpool aswell. Just stick him out on the right and let him play! We have enough in CM.

I don't think being played on the right will sit well with Gerrard. Gerrard was really unhappy when he was being played on the right, I don't think Rafa has the balls to make him there again.

I'd stick Gerrard on the right personally. Alonso and Mascherano would be better in the middle, with Lucas coming in too. I don't care if he spits his dummy out, he's paid to do a job and if he doesn't like it, then leave.

Peter, this is from a newspaper report:

"Should the refinancing collapse, then DIC - run by Liverpool fan Sameer Al Ansari - would be in a position to move in. "

It might not be the Sheikh's son though, he's the head of DIC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gerrard is the best option on the right as Pennant is average and Yossi doesnt really do an effective job. Rafa should of signed a quality RW, Liverpool have had this problem for years. Spending £7m on Pennant was madness!!

I don't think being played on the right will sit well with Gerrard. Gerrard was really unhappy when he was being played on the right, I don't think Rafa has the balls to make him there again.

Agree, I think gerrard only got the CM spot because xabi was injured, and now he doesnt want to put him back. Which is a shame, as Gerrards best season was when he was out on the right :(

Dont have Setanta!

Get a grip people. A draw against Villa during all this turmoil is not a disaster. Everton, City and Villa are having their best seasons for years and they still can't topple us going through the most troubling period in our modern history IMHO. Thus IMO we aren't 'just' the 6th best team in the country.

Hmm you do pipe on about this peter "most troubling time of our modern history" ffs you have hardly lost a game all season, your problem is as you well know you just done win many! Too many draws no killer instinct , no passion and for some reason your boys seem to make an effort once your behind! Whats that all about? Any way i think rafa should go not the yanks (because were loving it) ;)

p.s Wouldnt want any of your gob-shite players in our team other than torres because the guys class and peter crouch because he scores goals week in week out but rafa dont like him! crouchy is a great goal scorer and an all round likeable guy.

L'pool this season remind me of England under McClaren. The key ingredient which is missing is PASSION. Two English players started the game last night and they were guys L'pool rely on WAY TOO MUCH (Carra and Gerrard.) Poor Torres tries to do everything himself up-front because of the crap surrounding him in Kuyt, Kewell and co.

its rafas fault, its the americans fault, how about the players? how come no one is blaming them. Gerrard deflects off of his teamates that there play is the result of the mess that is liverpool off the feild. Arent these guys proffesionals? Why are they being paid millions, only to be bothered by off the field incidents? What does that say about there professionalism.... strap on your boots, take off your panties, and start winning some matches...

You're right. Gerrard made a poor excuse. He can say that the off-field drama is effecting them. But when they were leading 1-0 they couldn't be thinking whether G&H would be getting the loan at all. Add to that the fact that most players in our team are average. Our football these days is reminiscent to the football we played under Houllier in his last season. And that was AWFUL.

One thing I have realized is that we are simply not good enough to win the PL. I am shocked that we actually manager to reach the finals of the CL without Torres last year.

Talking about Torres, don't get me wrong he has been fantastic, especially for his first season. But in the last few matches, he has been average, apart from his magical goals. He is sometimes too selfish, plus the fact that he has realized that just like in Atletico, Liverpool depend too much on him.

@gomito#10, I think the supporters have made it clear that the owners, the manager and players are to be blamed. The manager has completely lost it, the players don't have any confidence (and quality), and the owners are fucking idiots. We are in a complete crisis, and I don't expect anything from this season now. The best I can hope for is a 4th place finish, hopefully qualifying for CL next season. I don't expect us to go much far in the FA Cup, and Inter are going to crush us. And the Premier League.... well that doesn't need any explanations.

As a supporter, I can hope that we get out of this crisis as quickly as possible. And the first thing is that the yanks HAVE TO GO. I can't see a successful future under them.

Last edited:

You're right. Gerrard made a poor excuse. He can say that the off-field drama is effecting them. But when they were leading 1-0 they couldn't be thinking whether G&H would be getting the loan at all. Add to that the fact that most players in our team are average. Our football these days is reminiscent to the football we played under Houllier in his last season. And that was AWFUL.

One thing I have realized is that we are simply not good enough to win the PL. I am shocked that we actually manager to reach the finals of the CL without Torres last year.

Talking about Torres, don't get me wrong he has been fantastic, especially for his first season. But in the last few matches, he has been average, apart from his magical goals. He is sometimes too selfish, plus the fact that he has realized that just like in Atletico, Liverpool depend too much on him.

@gomito#10, I think the supporters have made it clear that the owners, the manager and players are to be blamed. The manager has completely lost it, the players don't have any confidence (and quality), and the owners are fucking idiots. We are in a complete crysis, and I don't expect anything from this season now. The best I can hope for is a 4th place finish, hopefully qualifying for CL next season. I don't expect us to go much far in the FA Cup, and Inter are going to crush us. And the Premier League.... well that doesn't need any explanations.

As a supporter, I can hope that we get out of this crysis as quickly as possible. And the first thing is that the yanks HAVE TO GO. I can't see a successful future under them.
its all muddy from over here, but from watching the games, I kind of agree with plan m, seems to be a lack of passion with the exception of gerrard and javier and cara. If the americans dont have money for transfers, then yes they should truly fuck off. In premiere league football, it takes money to win. Unfortunatley this is true. And backed up by chelsea, manu and to some extent the arse. If there not willing to shell out the cash for players, and if rafa is going to keep buying shit with the cash he is given, then i think all parties invloved need to go(with the exception of the heart and soul of pool, in cara and gerrard) There comes a time when certain teams need to be re-tooled and remade. I remember when uniteds central midfield consisted of flecther and ohshea! awful. I think liverpool need to do that this summer. Get rid of kewell, kuyt, pennant, benayoun,veronin, hypia, sisoko, im sure that is not all. And bring in some quality signings, especially on the outside flanks. Re tool the squad, build the squad around gerrard and torres and bring in some wingers to provide service for crouch and torres.

Yes, the whole squad needs rebuilding. We have TOO MANY average players. I would get rid of the following

Kuyt
Voronin
Riise
Pennant
Sissoko
Kewell

And bring in some quality full backs and wingers, and at least one more striker. Yesterday, we were crying out for width. All I could see was Babel trying to kick the ball, and the ball coming back at him. We were too narrow and had no space to work with. We should be looking for Mancini, Alves, Menez etc.

I can't see much happening if G&H stay, as they obviously have no money. That's why I truly hope DIC come in, because without large investment (and buying the right players), I can't see us challenging for another 2-3 seasons.

Yes, the whole squad needs rebuilding. We have TOO MANY average players. I would get rid of the following

Kuyt
Voronin
Riise
Pennant
Sissoko
Kewell

And bring in some quality full backs and wingers, and at least one more striker. Yesterday, we were crying out for width. All I could see was Babel trying to kick the ball, and the ball coming back at him. We were too narrow and had no space to work with. We should be looking for Mancini, Alves, Menez etc.

I can't see much happening if G&H stay, as they obviously have no money. That's why I truly hope DIC come in, because without large investment (and buying the right players), I can't see us challenging for another 2-3 seasons.

alves would be a GREAT start, in fact i would trade

Kuyt
Voronin
Riise
Pennant

plus 15 million cash for alves

We let him go. He was available for 12 million. Now he would be around 25 million. The more I think about it, the more pissed off I get ](*,)

Anyone knows how Insua is doing? I watched him at the Under 20 World Cup, and he was pretty impressive. Surely can't be worse than Riise.

Voronin wouldn't get regular football for teams like Fulham or Derby let alone L'pool.

its rafas fault, its the americans fault, how about the players? how come no one is blaming them. Gerrard deflects off of his teamates that there play is the result of the mess that is liverpool off the feild. Arent these guys proffesionals? Why are they being paid millions, only to be bothered by off the field incidents? What does that say about there professionalism.... strap on your boots, take off your panties, and start winning some matches...

I think you fail to realise that Gerrard and Carragher in particular are massive FANS of the club. They may have a job to do, but they are just about as worried about the situation as we are.

Among all the commotion about these owners, we have to keep in mind that the journos, especially the britons, are the worst shark of them all. I suspect only 1% of all ownership press bonanza in the last 24 hours are true, the rest is BS.

I think you fail to realise that Gerrard and Carragher in particular are massive FANS of the club. They may have a job to do, but they are just about as worried about the situation as we are.

thats fine an dandy, but your not getting paid to watch liverpool... they are getting paid to play for the club they love, at the end of the day they need to be professionals and worry about the job at hand, not whats going on off the pitch... if that bothers them on the pitch while there playing, then im shocked they got this far in there careers... it doesnt bother them, gerrard is just deflecting off his teamates.. which im 50/50 on.. In one sense he is protecting his teammates, but in the other sense they do not seem to be excepting responsibility as a players to win games... i guess its a tough situation for him, but he probably should not talk about it and get on with it and try his best(which gerrard always does) i hope he rips guys who arent pulling there weight a new asshole, in private... something to motivate the guys not doing there jobs...

Among all the commotion about these owners, we have to keep in mind that the journos, especially the britons, are the worst shark of them all. I suspect only 1% of all ownership press bonanza in the last 24 hours are true, the rest is BS.

i think that is probably very true

index.php

dummy2qu6.jpg

Many reports are suggesting that the Americans have secured the deal. It can only get worse now. The fans have showed how much they hate the yanks, and now the yanks can do what they want. This means raising ticket prices, providing no finances for transfers. Shit! :(

I wish the Yanks would fuck off and leave all of our beloved clubs alone. Go and buy a club in the shitty MLS please!

Back
Top Bottom