Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Gerrard makes shock £28m Madrid move.Real madrid are reported to have almost completed the signing of Liverpool and England ace Steven Gerrard in a deal which could eventually reach £32million. The deal has gone through in time for Gerrad to be available for Saturday's visit of Espanyol,Schuster is confident Gerrard can make a big impact during the next five years with the Bernabau faithful. The former Madrid player said: "I am delighted to have signed Steven. He is not just a guy who can score great goals. He can also create things and make things happen and he has got a big heart. "He is the type of player you know you are going to get everything from for the entire 90 minutes of a game.When he has come into the side, I am not so sure anyone has looked as good as him."

Really, what's the point in that post? You've even spelt Gerrard wrong :lol:

lol imagine , they will all be burnin his shirt again :lol:

Villa to win 3-1 tonight (i hope for at least a draw) ;)

Last edited:

Crowd are playing their part tonight, some top chants and songs aimed at G&H :)

Another average performance. We lack urgency and fluency. I can see Villa getting an equalizer, and then we end up with another draw.

Average? I think we're playing with a load of urgency, I thought the first half went well, very well. And the second half so far has been excellent!

Edit: Groundhog day :( Nice goal by Harewood though.

Edit: OH FOR FUCKS SAKE! Conceded a set-piece and ANOTHER fucking deflection! Typical that we twat a team everywhere and concede fucking stupid goals!

Last edited by a moderator:

2 more from set pieces! Can't see us coming back. Torres factor just ain't working.

Last edited:

None of you at the game then? Home fans have been great tonight and I actually feel sorry for them.

How do we always manage to mess it up? ALWAYS?

We have no width what so ever We are playing so narrow, it's impossible to get the ball through

I thought Skrtel was going to kill Harewood when he held onto the ball then :lol:

I dunno how you lost post whilst watching your team. I am glued to the tv when United are playing.

I would laughed at that had the situation not been this sad.

@Plan M, says it all doesn't it. I know what's going to happen.

Lovely finish by Crouch :)

How did Harewood not get booked for time-wasting? Twice he stopped our players getting to the ball to take a free kick. Tit.

Last edited by a moderator:

I dunno how you lost post whilst watching your team. I am glued to the tv when United are playing.

Dont have Setanta!

Get a grip people. A draw against Villa during all this turmoil is not a disaster. Everton, City and Villa are having their best seasons for years and they still can't topple us going through the most troubling period in our modern history IMHO. Thus IMO we aren't 'just' the 6th best team in the country.

We dominated but didn't have the composure to finish them off, same old story. Kuyt is still getting picked ahead of Crouch, same old story.

However, Loosing Rafa or finishing below Everton (give them credit they are a very, very good team) is the least of our worries. I wouldn't shed a tear over Benitez going, I do watching over the memories of his reign, but I think we need a fresh attitude to our football if we are going to revive ourselves, and Rafa can't provide a fresh attitude because he is too conservative.

Last edited:

Dont have Setanta!

That's fair enough then mate! Didn't think of that. :oops:

Anyway, not good times for L'pool supporters at the moment despite how much you dress it up. West Ham away next game, then Inter and Sunderland at home and then it's Chelsea away. Ouch. I reckon you lot should gun for the F.A. Cup this season and why not, you won it 2 years ago and it is still highly regarded as a major trophy.

Last edited:

Why did Crouch saved Benitez's ass? I wished we lost today, so I can totally support his dismissal for being a donkey in the premiership, he can't buy a win this time around.

Last edited:

Rafa has to go! Why throw more money at the guy?

He is never gonna take liverpool any further. He is too negative and some of his buys are very strange. £10m for kuyt!! damn the guy is so average. Crouch, Voronin and Kuyt are all not good enough.

Babbel is a Forward and not a LW. Kewell is so finished!!

Sad, but true. We are looking hopeless under Rafa. I know we are in a crysis off the field (and on), but Rafa has done very little to help out. Kuyt again for god sakes!!

Last edited:

Could be some excellent news!

Reds in refinancing blow
Reports indicate American owners hit by financial setback

By Chris Harvey Last updated: 22nd January 2008
Reds in refinancing blow

Hicks: Struggling to refinance Liverpool deal
Related links
Teams

* Liverpool

Also see

* Gerrard - drama affects us
* Reds in crisis? Join the debate

Liverpool could be plunged into fresh turmoil amid reports their American owners have suffered a setback in their refinancing plans.

Already destabilised by speculation that George Gillett and Tom Hicks are considering selling the club, reports have emerged that the American duo's plans to refinance their loan have been hit.

The pair are understood to be struggling to secure the loan they require to pay back the original loan with which they bought the club last February.

The Daily Telegraph claims that the 'refinancing deal is on the verge of collapse' while The Times states that 'sources in the City believe that the Americans' regime is crumbling by the day'.

The news will not be met with disappointment by the club's supporters who made their antipathy with the American regime loud and clear during Monday's 2-2 draw with Aston Villa.

If Hicks and Gillett are to be thwarted in their plans, then the pair may conclude they have no choice but to sell their club to the Dubai-based Dubai International Capital (DIC) group.

Defiant

'Time is running out for the Americans to conclude the loan agreement. Contrary to reports that they had until the end of February to sign the deal, it is now understood their one-year loan with RBS expires in just under two weeks,' reports The Telegraph.

Speculation was rife at the weekend that DIC had formally bid £500m for the Anfield club. However, it is now believed that the offer was informal and only in the region of £300m - prompting Hicks to issue a defiant statement announcing he had no intention of selling his stake.

DIC, however, will not launch a formal offer until they have held talks with RBS but Hicks has refused to grant DIC permission to talk to the bank until any refinancing deal is completed.

Should the refinancing collapse, then DIC - run by ardent Liverpool fan Sameer Al Ansari - would be in a position to move in.

Rafa has to go! Why throw more money at the guy?

Crouch not good enough.

The guy hardly plays but unlike the other two
he can score goals with the right service.

We've conceaded quite a few goals this season
from set-pieces and balls being thrown into the
box which is worrying.

Back
Top Bottom