Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Plan M, bear in mind he's not from here. That's like me supporting Schalke and them being drawn against someone from the German 3rd division, no way on earth I'd know about them ;)

Apparantly H&W stand to make £800k from the Liverpool game alone! For a conference club, that is HUUUUUGE!

LOL @ Abishek.......I pulled the same thing on my GF, so who do you like better as a striker? Vennegoor of hesselink? In dutch "of" is "or". Get It? Hahahahahaha.......aaaaaah good times.........:D

LOL @ Abishek.......I pulled the same thing on my GF, so who do you like better as a striker? Vennegoor of hesselink? In dutch "of" is "or". Get It? Hahahahahaha.......aaaaaah good times.........:D

For some reason, I did find it very funny :lmao:

And it's AbHishek :(

Here's another article by John Dykes

http://www.espnstar.com/studio/columndetails.cmd?id=7021779

I so agree with him. The amount of stick Rafa gets from the media and other people is disgusting. Sure, he does many things I don't like, but people show no respect for him, despite what he's achieved.

The pundits here are a bloody joke. Steve McMahon (we all know him) thought that the only reason Rafa did not leave was to get the money from his contract. Another (Shebby Singh, no one knows him) thought that Rafa saying how he loved the fans and the club was BS and all he wanted was to get sacked and get money. Some weeks earlier, they were talking about Rafa's conspiracy to destroy LFC before he goes. That was a laugh. Pundits really disgust me.

They don't know there's a real reason why we support Rafa. He loves the club. He's passionate about it. If we didn't like a manager, it was obvious (Houllier). No matter if he leaves, I will still love Rafa for what he's done for this club.

Last edited:

Haha Steve Gerrard is SUCH a chav! He usually has his t-shirt tucked in and his jeans really high too. Scousers have NO style. ;)

For some reason, I did find it very funny :lmao:

And it's AbHishek :(

Here's another article by John Dykes

http://www.espnstar.com/studio/columndetails.cmd?id=7021779

I so agree with him. The amount of stick Rafa gets from the media and other people is disgusting. Sure, he does many things I don't like, but people show no respect for him, despite what he's achieved.

The pundits here are a bloody joke. Steve McMahon (we all know him) thought that the only reason Rafa did not leave was to get the money from his contract. Another (Shebby Singh, no one knows him) thought that Rafa saying how he loved the fans and the club was BS and all he wanted was to get sacked and get money. Some weeks earlier, they were talking about Rafa's conspiracy to destroy LFC before he goes. That was a laugh. Pundits really disgust me.

They don't know there's a real reason why we support Rafa. He loves the club. He's passionate about it. If we didn't like a manager, it was obvious (Houllier). No matter if he leaves, I will still love Rafa for what he's done for this club.

Is there's a website that shows those lying reporters and their bogus articles so it can be shown to the whole world what scumbags they are?

Lol those are briljant, guess they forgot to translate the invitation for fernando. Crouch's one looked like it was the only outfit in his size, LMAO

So whats the deal with Gillet and Hicks? I cant remember which one is which. Was hicks the one that wanted liverpool and asked gillet to join for the money? Or was it the other way around? I never hear anything from Gillet. Is he more of a silent partner?

Yup, looks like DIC are chasing the yanks. Looks very likely now. Oh come on yanks, sell the club, and get lost. If they accept this, how much profit is it in there for both of them?

@tik, It was Gillet who asked Hicks to join.

between 50-75m apparently.

As long as the fans keeps up the pressure on them, whats the point investing money in a club and taking on all that debt if you won't be able to set foot in the area without being given a hostile receptions by legions of fans.

Take the money and run.

Yes I know DIC are still an unknown quantity, and they might not be that much better, rumours are they aren't that keen on Rafa, but the most important thing for the club is a sound financial footing in my opinion. Al Asani has had to watch the dross that comes through our club, and I'm pretty sure he will provide the extra 3 or so million for our first choice players in the transfer window.

yeah I read 75mil awhile ago. Not bad for barely a years work.

@tik, It was Gillet who asked Hicks to join.

I find it odd that the person wanting to buy Liverpool has been so quiet while the financial backer has made such a cock-up of things. Oh well, the DIC bid is looking more and more likely with it being reported everywhere.

What's Moores position in all of this? Who is he supporting? He's the one with Parry who get us these owners.

I agree Peter, most important is stability. Whether it's Rafa or Jose, or whoever, they should be able to buy who they want, and not have to do with second choice players, letting go quality players. We all know the capability of the Arabs in building, so I hope that the stadium plans can go through smoothly. Plus, one of the board members supports Liverpool. Surely, that's got to make a difference. Even if they are not that good, they can't be worse than the G&H, who've put the club into a mess.

Some more good news.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan19f.html

Last edited:

Yup, looks like DIC are chasing the yanks. Looks very likely now. Oh come on yanks, sell the club, and get lost.QUOTE]

funnily enough you scousers were quick to jump into bed with em' when they came with big promises...

and can you really see geroge bush jnr's mate selling to the arabs...

I see the mancs are getting worried ;)

Publically they aren't selling, but the rumours from insiders suggests they will sell. And the fans have their part to play to make the yanks position untenable.

Reports suggest Rafa is being pressured into selling Sissoko to cover the Skrtel transfer. Hmmmm, we are hardly under sound financial footing with these clowns are we?

How is it funny Vanizzle? They came they lied, they said all the right things, but now we know they just simply don't have the resources to do either of these things:

1. Build a stadium so we can be on equal financial footing with the big three.
2. Add financial muscle to the club for operations in the transfer market.

I'm pretty sure most fans would have snapped at guarantees for a 70k stadium, and the abillity to sign anyone rafa wants "if rafa wanted snoogy doogey, we'd buy him" Remember?

Last edited:

Reports suggest Rafa is being pressured into selling Sissoko to cover the Skrtel transfer. Hmmmm, we are hardly under sound financial footing with these clowns are we?

:shock:

So we have no money at all?

Last edited:

Quote from: Stussy on Today at 01:32:25 PM
Sportsweek report --- lots of detail --- essential listening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/main...io/aod/fivelive_aod.shtml?fivelive/sportsweek

"Hicks family member said they're sick and tired of the club and want to get rid of it. Well fuck off out of town you teat sucking daddy's boy, your father is a bastard scumbag and you defiled our club by even stepping foot over the threshold of Anfield you low life Texan rattlesnakes. Get the fuck out of our club!"

0245 Mercury Press Agency, Email: Reporters@mercurypres
MERLIV
Mercury Press Agency, Email: Reporters@mercurypress.co.uk

Mercury Press Agency Ltd - 0151 709 6707 - No electronic use without agreement
Fax: 0151 708 1908, Email: REPLY TO: reporters@mercurypress.co.uk
Liverpool owners Tom Hicks and George Gillette have gone back on their word and sold the club to Arab company DIC.

The two Americans recently announced they would not sell their shares in the club, but a meeting with Dubai International Capital has already taken place and the deal is done.

The club has been sold for 375 million pounds, a deal that will give Hicks and Gillette $710 million - a $70 million profit.

The pair have never had a good relationship with the club from the start and a close family member to Hicks was heard in the board room saying they wanted out.

The outburst was after a home game last year when Hicks’ relative said: " They cannot wait to get rid of the club.

"They are sick and tired of it."

DIC were extremely close to buying Liverpool last February but Hicks and Gillett joined forces and outbid the Arab group.

The purchase was funded solely with borrowed money after the American’s asked the Royal Bank of Scotland for almost •300m to finance the deal.

The sale has been quick and the CEO of DIC Al Ansari, has already completed his due diligence.

The players and staff are fully aware of this as they were told prior to the Luton game.

Manager Rafa Benitez has kept his job but he has to bring in an assistant and sources have confirmed this to be Gary McAllister.

Liverpool’s Chief Executive Rick Parry will be forced to ’step down’ after offending DIC members last year.

The new owners will bring in David Dein as Parry’s replacement.

Unless players are sold there is no money available for transfer’s in the remainder of the January window.

But the summer will see massive player investment from DIC, believed to be in the region of 85 million plus whatever is made from player sales.

This could see a transfer budget of around 115 million.

BY KARL WALDERMAN

w?zõ

Everything I'm hearing is that the deal is done and will be finalised by the end of this week.

David Dein coming in for Rick Parry would be the iceing on the cake, but I am skeptical because he will have had to of sold of reliquenshed his share holdings in Red and White Shareholdings who own part of Arsenal. He cannot be involved in two premier league clubs IMO. I can't see Gary Mac coming in either although I would LUV IT!. So take that particular article with a pinch of salt, who the feck are mercury anyway?

I won't believe anything until it is official. I have a bad feeling the two Americans want to dump debt on us and then run off with some profit, and I'm not sure DIC are against that, because they would have to pay less for the club. I can't see them turning down a profit just to be stubborn. The fans will have the last say on the matter.

Lets just hope the Sheiks son doesn't have any say, because he is a Manc fan.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom