Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Missed the game, had an exam today. So, was Kuyt again that bad?? How was Babel?

Any site where I can see the goals?

Thanks, I only just watched the second half. Nice finish by Torres. Finally a win, even if it's come against Luton. I though Pennant and Arbeloa player really well as a partnership.

And got this from the RAWK forums

Int: Rafa, a 5-0 win and you're stood here smiling, do you think you'll still be standing here smiling in 2 weeks time?

Rafa: I think so. I have to go to my dentist though, so we will see.

Haha, Rafa's got a sense of humour.

The interviewer kept pestering Rafa asking what he thought of the Klinsmann situation and he kept responding that he was just focused on winning today and happy with the result. After about asking 5 times, Rafa said "I think you should ask your boss for a pay rise because you're a good journalist! But I'm happy with the result" and started laughing :lol:

Good result, finally it looked like we clicked as a team, created chances and kept possesion. Sure, it was against Luton but it'll hopefully give us confidence going into the next game. Babel looked good again, he's gonna be a hell of a player next season. Kuyt did look a bit awkward when he came on, I just don't think he fits into English football very well. He's got the workrate but something just isn't clicking here, he was class in Holland and maybe a different style of football is just too much for him.

Liverpool played well, like the final games in the CL I got the impression that they had the assignment to go out and win, without much tinkering, tactics and such. Just let them play and that should be enough.

Luton were never in it, however the game did highlight the problem with liverpool: 32 shots, 23 on target, 5 goals.

1 in 4.5 is far too low, especially when you play a team like manu and only get the one decent chance / half chance in a match.

Kuyt looked laboured, but then when doesnt he? Shame Carra didnt manage a goal, he had one run into the area in the second half for a 1-2 with someone but the throughpass didnt get past the defender. Also showed some great skill in the 1st half, dummied the ball, ran after it and put a dangerous cross in.

Kuyt is just too slow for the prem. He also cant create anything for himself as he cant get past anyone. Im sure if he went to a league that plays slower football he would do really well again.

Last edited:

A post on RAWK, makes some very interesting points. I'd be wary of DIC but surely they'd be better than G&H!

"For those raising concerns about Liverpool FC becoming an "Arab plaything" should DIC take over you need not worry. Many assumed that when the Maktoum's entered the horse racing world it was just a hobby, nothing could be further from the truth. Sheik Mohammad has set up a racing empire under the Godolpin banner we all know but more importantly has a Bloodstock breeding arm called Darley, this is a long term commitment to the thouroughbred industry rather than just owning racehorses. It is also a business that was losing money , its main competitor is Coolmore in ireland, however they have turned it around ( after investing heavily) and it has started to perform. So although the Arabs are horse racing fans they are very much into making a profitable business for the future i.e actual racing is a gamble breeding is an industry. Some points

1. They can build, anyone who has been there knows that their building division is pretty impressive.
3. They are good business men not afraid to take on their main competitors by throwing their own money to help compete (see above) then turning the business into profit.
4. They do not have a history of selling "profitable" assets they see these as replacing historical "oil" income

So even if they were to sell us in 7 years time you could be sure they would be selling something that they have tried to make the best in the world this would include, a new stadium with a squad they have invested in for success on the field. To me this is a better senario that two businessmen trying to make a quick buck while investing relatively very little and hoping the Liverpool name and history will boost the value of their stock in the long term."

I reckon you'll win the league after that result! VIVA LE REVOLUTION!

Sorry mate, couldn't resist. I didn't watch the game but the result says it all really - did Luton come close at all?

Not really, not in the second half at least. We didn't really need to try too hard. Bit of a walkover.

The first half was similar to the first game, until Luton's left back became cocky and started to run forward. The ball was stolen and it was I think 3 against 3, Torres fed Babel on the right to finish it off with a clinical shot.

Once the first goal went in, the floodgate was opened in the second half :)

I didn't think the first half was anything like the first game. We were all over them, without creating really good chances, Luton did well blocking our shots. But we were well in control of the first half.

I reckon you'll win the league after that result! VIVA LE REVOLUTION!

Hitting 4 past luton in one half is better then 6 past newcastle these days. They are really crap. So shut it! :D

I would say both halves were the same. Luton hanging on from the 1st min. Liverpool had 13 shots on target and 6 wide in the first half alone. Luton had one shot that barely managed to miss the cornerflag. Second half wasnt much different, except that Liverpool put the chances away.

Last edited:

carragher_homenaje2.jpg

:applause::applause:

Swansea City lost their cup game last night lads - you lot got Havant & Waterloo in the next round! :lol: (AT HOME!)

Back
Top Bottom