Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

I think Allardyce could do a job for you. After all, your squad is pretty similar to Bolton's when he was there. A lot of average players and a few gems. He wouldn#t have to change the way you play too much either.

Allardyce is shit, but I know you're just making fun of our club :( And doesn't it just show that despite having average players, Rafa manages to get us into the top 3/4?

Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho are better managers than Rafa in England. Simple as that. Rafa's style doesn't suit the Premier League. It's much more fast paced and physical compared to La Liga, which is much more technical. If he left us, clubs would line up to get his service.

Wenger is probably one of the best managers in the world. Ferguson is great (though it did take him 6 years to win the league) and Mourinho has yet to prove what he can do with a limited budget.

Plan M has some good points. Rafa's style does not suit the Premiership, and out attacking players are average at best. The only reason we got to the final last year was because of Rafa's tactical ability. And it's got nothing to with rotation. The media just make a thing of it. All the other 3 rotate as much as Rafa, it's just that the media picks on him.

I predict this year is going to be one of the worse for Liverpool in recent years. We have become of joke for the media, and football fans, we are playing poorly, the manager has lost, the players don't have any confidence, and the owners are cunts. My prediction is we get thrashed by Villa, and it's the UEFA Cup next season :(

*slaps forehead*

I give up I really do.

How about disputing the point?

Right , so you're saying it's not the rotation policy, if he's only rotated the squad twice more than the three league winning managers you so maturely qouted?
well what is it then?
Cause listening to you, you have
The most tactically astute manager in the league,
A Goalkeeper whose kept more clean sheets than any other in the league,
The best young defender in Europe,
Gerrard and the destroyer Mascherano in midfield,El Nino up front.An amazing youth set up..my god you should be 20 pts clear by now with that set up.
And you're reason for not winning the league??
Rafa is too stubborn and in his comfort zone to win the league.
What the fuck??
That's the most ridiculous comment i've heard on here.
So if your squad was in La Liga alongside Utd and Sir Alex , you'd expect to win the league? why? over 38 games against all opposition why would you honestly think that?
You have a revolving door transfer policy, players played out of position, players dropped entirely after good performances.You have'nt the consistancy to win a league and you're squad is nowhere near good enough.

Right , so you're saying it's not the rotation policy, if he's only rotated the squad twice more than the three league winning managers you so maturely qouted?
well what is it then?
Cause listening to you, you have
The most tactically astute manager in the league,
A Goalkeeper whose kept more clean sheets than any other in the league,
The best young defender in Europe,
Gerrard and the destroyer Mascherano in midfield,El Nino up front.An amazing youth set up..my god you should be 20 pts clear by now with that set up.
And you're reason for not winning the league??
Rafa is too stubborn and in his comfort zone to win the league.
What the fuck??
That's the most ridiculous comment i've heard on here.
So if your squad was in La Liga alongside Utd and Sir Alex , you'd expect to win the league? why? over 38 games against all opposition why would you honestly think that?
You have a revolving door transfer policy, players played out of position, players dropped entirely after good performances.You have'nt the consistancy to win a league and you're squad is nowhere near good enough.

Have you ever watched a La Liga game? The style of play is completley different. Ferguson is a manager who doesn't over complicate things and that is fine for the most tactically inept league in the world.

Team Selections, playing players out of position and being too negative for a game based on fast, physical attacking football.

In 2005/2006 we accumulated 80odd points, one less than United that year. Now, our defence was rock solid that year, and our midfield chipped in with a lot of our goals, our attack let us down. Crouch, Cisse and Morientes didn't exactly set the world alight. Now I think Liverpool fans had everyright to believe that our squad could win the league, particularly with a 20m striker back in the team to replaced Owen. Personally I didnt, we are still short of a few players, and need to experience a season where we challenge the entire way and get used to the pressure.

To say that is the most ridiculous comment here is quite frankly a load of tosh, you obviously haven't read any of Plan M's posts.

Benitez is stubborn because he plays players out of position and continues to play players despite what their form is. If Kuyt had 1 leg he'd still play him, and he'll be in midfield rather than upfront

Another one to the ignore list....

oh and can you please stop fucking demonising me. I've never even called Alex or Wenger that before. Can you not tell how angry I am at the moment? I do have great respect for those managers, they are some of the best in the world, and I'm begging to warm to the idea of Mau---re...sorry Jose taking over at Anfield.

But if you honestly think I'm going to lavish praise on your precious managers when all you are doing in this thread is stirring and stirring and prodding, like i said, funny that no one else other than United, Everton or Arsenal fans are commenting. Where is the respect for Benitez. Hello, he turned a great club playing well below their capability into a feared european and cup team.

oh and Plan M, you are ninjabreakz? Correct?

Last edited:

one minute its rafa, the next its the owners, what about the players on the pitch? Voronin looked like he was playing for birmingham... how do you guys explain how well they glazers have done at manu and there american? Doesnt that kind of shoot down your theory that since there americans, that liverpool suck, and once you get non american owners you will be fine... bullshit. its a comination of rafa being unsetteld, rafa's starting 11 selection, the players he has brought that simply are not good enough, the players not playing to there potential, and the owners ability to not keep shit in house... all of this crap in the press cannot be good for anyone.. hicks saying they would have hired klinsman.. etc... there is a lot of blame to go around, but to knock it all up to the owners being american, is simply stupid. There is alot more going on in reality then that. You have alot more issues then the american owners. How come babell never plays? How come voronin sees the pitch at all? Crouch(where is he)? Why do you still have kewell in the squad(he should be in the aussie A league). Most of you lads seem alot smarter then chopping it up to someones nationality...

Who said anything about it being because of their nationality? I keep using the term American's a) because they are b) because I can't be bothered typing their full names. They could be Mexican and it'd still be the same.

Peter, why stoop to that level? You'll be calling Ruud V.Nistelrooy "horseface" next. Why can't you have an intelligent debate? My points were very good ones - if Rafa played an attacking formation with the same players week-in, week-out then you'd be in a better position than you are now.

I love the fact you lot keep on going on about WUMs too - I came in here with a valid debate. You really can't handle the fact that we all know that L'pool are a bit crap at the moment and are pointing out why. If United were getting crap results, I'd expect it in our thread. There is nothing wrong with a good debate, that is what forums are for.

(and you won't catch me calling Rafa a fat Spanish waiter anywhere in this thread, I am better than that)

:)

Because the vast majority (and I mean vast) of posts in here that aren't from Liverpool supporters aren't having a debate, they're snidey comments and throwing digs around. You've been guilty of it too mate, BUT you have come in here and made points of debate which aren't just winding people up. People like Blue4Life have never came in here to have a discussion, but to post ridiculous images, throw jokes around and then putting a wink like he thinks he's being pally but he's knows full well he's trying to get a rise out of the Liverpool fans. Hence him going on mine, Abisheks and Tik's ignore list.

Case in point, see Marakumu up the top of this page. That's not involved in a current discussion, nor is it trying to start a discussion. It's a sly dig and an attempt at trying to be funny and wind people up.

winning the CL with porto dosnt prove what he can do?

And this post? A very good discussion post. No digs, no mockery, no rubbish images, but a good point which involves a discussion :applause:

Have to say I agree with Flex though, Mourinho has proved he's quality with Porto.

Should being the key word. I'll say 2-0 to Liverpool. We'll have pretty much all of the possesion but Voronin will play and won't get more than two shots on target.

Speaking of shots on target, I can't remember the last time we harrased a goalie. Sure, we have all of the possesion against City and Wigan etc, but when was the last time (besides Besiktas, did it even happen then?) we kept testing the opposition goalie? Hammered shots and shots at him, made him pull off all kinds of saves? We either don't create chances, miss the goal, hit a weak shot when we do get a shot (Voronin very guilty here, along with Kuyt) and the occasional goal. Shocking really.

Yeah I know what you're saying mate, you should be testing the opposing keepers more. That Voronin needs to cut that massive pony tail off, I'm sure it slows him down! ;)

Oh no, he's needs to dragged by that ponytail, back to where he came from. And he can take Riise and Kuyt with him :)

And northstandhero, Peter is spot on. La Liga is a completely different ball game and far more competitive. I doubt you would ever see a team with the same starting line up for 2-3 matches. It's because managers try to adopt their team according to their opponents. It works there. Rafa refuses to believe that it won't work here. And it's obvious we are a few players short, I think that's been repeated a 100 times, no? Ah, well.....

Anyways, I still am willing to give Rafa time. ManU give SAF time, and look what he's done. But Benitez needs to stop being so stubborn.

Last edited:

Voronin looked pretty promising at the start, especially in pre-season. Goes to show how form can make you look good but class always shows in the end. Story of our season really :lol:

Kenny Dalglish: Don’t hang 'magnificent servant' Rafa Benitez

Jan 15 2008 EXCLUSIVE by John Thompson, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL legend Kenny Dalglish today gave his backing to Reds manager Rafael Benitez as the controversy over his future at Anfield reached new levels.

Dalglish insisted Benitez, who has led Liverpool to two Champions League finals in three seasons, ‘did not deserve to be hanged’ for letting his frustrations get the better of him last November.

Dalglish said the backing of the fans in his hour of need was ‘the least he deserves’.

He spoke to the Echo exclusively after revelations by Reds co-owner Tom Hicks yesterday that he and George Gillett had met Jurgen Klinsmann to line him up as a potential successor to Benitez.

Dalglish spent 14 years as a player and manager at Anfield, winning three league titles and guiding the club through the dark days of the Heysel and Hillsborough disasters in the 1980s.

He said: When Rafa was flying, winning the Champions League, you would not need support - you get that automatically, don’t you?

“But when it’s not going so well, that’s when he really needs his allies to get round about him, stand beside him and help him. Because that’s the least he deserves.

“He deserves the help of a lot of people because he’s brought a lot of happiness to an awful lot of people here.

“Over the past couple of months things have not been as good as we hoped they would be.

“But this is when they need to stand up and be counted and get shoulder to shoulder with their man – and their man’s Rafa - and stand beside him.

“He needs it – he needs the help, he needs the confidence in himself.

“Support is the least he deserves for what he’s done for this football club.

“He’s moved lock, stock and barrel over here, which is easier said than done.

“He’s integrated into the Liverpool way of things. And apart from the outburst last November, he’s conducted himself admirably.

“He’s had one blemish – but that shouldn’t hang him.”

Added Dalglish: “The players need to believe in the manager again. They need to get a bit of confidence.. “Without confidence and belief in the playing area, your club is going to struggle on the pitch.”

The Scot, widely regarded as the greatest player ever to have pulled on a red shirt, said he was desperate to see an end to the continuing speculation regarding Anfield’s off-field issues.

He added: “I think it’s a disappointing phase when Liverpool Football Club, who have never washed the dirty linen in public, have contributed over past two or three months to a lot of headlines which really you had never seen before.

“I don’t know who is right and who is wrong. I don’t know the arguments or what goes on behind the scenes. But it certainly does no one any favours whatsoever.

“It affects the players, because they are looking for confidence.

“It affects the manager, because he’s looking for confidence – he doesn’t need the added pressure of this.

“And also it makes Rick Parry’s job more difficult

“ There’s always problems in your workplace but if there’s a problem you sort it out behind closed doors – you don’t sort it out publicly.

“ I thought the line had been drawn under it in November when Rafa was frustrated and came out with words that maybe he wished he had never come out with.

“But maybe his frustration got the better of him.

“I don’t know what would have caused Rafa to come out and say something like that if he didn’t have cause to say it. He must have been really frustrated about things.

“It might not have been the wisest thing to do – but you can understand his frustration.

“The man’s been a magnificent servant to Liverpool Football Club and it certainly showed in the aftermath of that in the support he had from the fans of the club.”

Dalglish said he feared the ongoing controversy was now spreading to the players.

He said: “I don’t think it’s a coincidence results haven’t been as good as everybody would have hoped.There’s a fair judgement there that would say what has happened off the pitch does affect what happens on it.

And the sooner they can kiss and make upthe better the football club will be.

“I don’t know who’s to blame. I’m not interested in who’s to blame. I don’t think anyone is interested in who’s to blame, saying it started here or it started there.

“I think the biggest interest is Liverpool Football Club.

“That’s the common denominator – and in the interests of the club I believe it would be best if it everything went back behind closed doors now.

He continued: “People have got to be more responsible about what they say publicly.

“What you say behind closed doors isn’t really that important.

“I don’t know whether there is a breakdown in communications or not and as Tom Hicks said, everything’s been resolved now.

“Well I think it might have been resolved – but coming out and saying they spoke to Jurgen Klinsmann is I think, in one way commendable, because it indicates maybe the guy’s honesty if that’s why he’s done it.

“But the other side of the coin is that they just don’t need it.

“Rafa doesn’t need it; the players don’t need the uncertainty and certainly the supporters don’t need it.

“And after the fans showed their support for Rafa the last time I would not be surprised if there was another show of support for the man at the game against Luton.

“I think fans will be very disappointed and frustrated. I don’t think they have ever had this before.

“When I was there you discussed it in private and that was it – it was finished.

“I think Rafa’s reputation was reflected in the support the punters gave him.

“Rick Parry has been there and very highly thought of as an administrator on that side and that’s no disrespect – everybody needs a good administrator and if you get one then you are lucky.

“But Tom Hicks and George Gillett, they are the ones that are new to the supporters.

“They are the ones the supporters can relate to least of all.

“So those two have got to have a look and say ‘What PR can we do?’

“What are we going to do to get back in favour with the supporters?

“Because at the moment, as this comes out, I don’t think they will exactly be flavour of the month or the favourite people at the football club.

“The sooner the football gets back on the pages and talking about how well Liverpool are playing and how great a result that was etc, then the happier everyone in Liverpool will be.

“It’s always better to see Liverpool win 4-0 rather than see they’ve been speaking to another manager for a contingency plan – that’s a certainty.

“And it’s always better to read about the football rather than issues in football. Once you start discussing issues within the football club publicly, then I think you start to get yourself some problems.

“I don’t think it’s a coincidence the results haven’t been as good since Rafa’s statement. So I think it’s there – the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

“I think the results have been affected and whether it’s because of this I don’t know.

“But is it too much of a coincidence? I don’t think so.

“I think the players want to see the manager to be seen getting the support and vice versa.

“They need the confidence and belief as well in themselves. They need to trust themselves.

“They are easily good enough to be doing better than they have done.

“So don’t let’s be using it as an excuse.

“But it’s understandable if it is partly the reason.

“They’ve got plenty of ability, plenty of players.

“They just need to look in the mirror. They are still the same people and players they were and still the same players they were two or three months ago before it happened.

“So I’d say let’s just get back to two or three months before it happened. Enjoy your football, believe in your manager and I’m sure they will get the support of the fans.”

“Tom Hicks and George Gillett came to Anfield with the blessing of everyone.

“I think they made a couple of mistakes along the way but then everyone makes mistakes.

“However, I think they have got to get themselves back into the favour of the Liverpool people.

“And to get out amongst them and be a wee bit more accessible wouldn’t do them any harm at all.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...ificent-servant-rafa-benitez-100252-20351536/

Eh, did we ever say the owners are shit because they're American. They suck, because, they just do. It's got nothing to with nationality. And yes, we have mediocre players in our side. And yes, we are also tired of Benitez's stubborness, and rotation policy. They reason we want DIC, is because they are much better well off financially, and one of the owners supports Liverpool. It's got nothing to do with them being American.

We know so many of our players are shit. We know Rafa has take his blame in why we are playing so poorly, and why he brings crap like Voronin to the side.. But the instability in the club, has only started because of these idiots. We go through bad patches, but this time, we are having problems on and off the field, which is affecting the players. Plus they have not lived up to their promises. New stadium, more investment in players, all seem to be just lies. Believe me, nothing to do with being American.
fair enough, it just seemend you were bashing them for that. I think overall bottom line. If you guys were winning and in the top two or three and in striking distance... there wouldnt be any issues with anyone... the glazers took a risk in borrowing to invest in manu, and so far its paying off... need some time before you can say the same about gillet and hicks... if they can secure the stadium deal, and if you guys can get back in the top 4, and semis or finals of the CL, then i think everything will be fine and dandy

Big game for us tonight , crucial that we get the win , seems like every one against us especially the media , bad luck and misfortune has not helped ..lay off our rafa.

rafa needs and deserves our full fledged support right now
can't let him walk alone

we need to get behind him and our players tonight
let's watch luton get destroyed lads

it is just luton after all... argh

Oh no, he's needs to dragged by that ponytail, back to where he came from. And he can take Riise and Kuyt with him :)

And northstandhero, Peter is spot on. La Liga is a completely different ball game and far more competitive. I doubt you would ever see a team with the same starting line up for 2-3 matches. It's because managers try to adopt their team according to their opponents. It works there. Rafa refuses to believe that it won't work here. And it's obvious we are a few players short, I think that's been repeated a 100 times, no? Ah, well.....

Anyways, I still am willing to give Rafa time. ManU give SAF time, and look what he's done. But Benitez needs to stop being so stubborn.

Yeah Fairplay Abhishek, La Liga is a different ball game entirely, but with the squad you have compared to Utd's do you think rafa would finish above Fergie in Spain?
and Peter ignore me all you like mate, your obviously blinkered as fuck.This aint the 70's and 80's you aint the best team in the land anymore and haven't been for nearly 20 yrs

Last edited:

I would think so, it could be very much possible. In La Liga, ManU's whole style of play won't be allowed. They just won't be allowed and pass around, and get so much space in midfield. Ronaldo, and Evra, won't be able to run up and down the flanks that much. And the pace of the match would be much slower. Something like this would suit Rafa's style of play perfectly. And as much as I respect Ferguson (he is brilliant at man management, perhaps the best), I am not sure if he would have the tactical intelligence for La Liga. But then again, I won't expect Real Madrid to do really well either if they played in England.

Anyways, there's no point in talking much, as this ain't ever going to happen. We are in the Premier League, and ManU are a better team, with more points. That's what we got to think about.

There's no doubt that Benitez is a good manager, he's proved that but something is seriously wrong within the camp and it's affecting everyone and everything. In this game (I sound like a gangster now :roll:) for things to change for the better something has to give, sometimes the manager. Maybe his time's up? And Hicks certainly isn't helping matters.

You can't really compare the time United gave Fergie before success with this now because Benitez won stuff straight away, which is possibly part of his downfall. It took Fergie 4 years or so before he won anything where as Rafa won the Champions League in his first season!!

It's clear his problem in England has been consistent good form in the league and nothing looks like changing.

As good as he's been for you, I feel somethings got to give and unless this buyout you were talking about happens, I think it will be Rafa.

EDIT: Also I meant to say, (and not on the windup) when you lost to United last month, I'd say Fergie 'out-tactic'd' Rafa. His gameplan worked perfectly and Liverpool, at home, barely threatened the goal.

Last edited:

Tactically, I think both teams cancelled each other out. It was clear neither was going to attack. ManU had a chance, and they took. The rest of the game they did nothing, and Liverpool didn't do anything either.

You might say Rafa has to go, but I can't think of a better person to replace him. And anyone who is going to come, will do the whole 'rebuilding' thing. At the moment Rafa is the manager, and he now must concentrate on what the next games. I think Luton can pull out a little surprise again.

Right my ignore list is now full.....moving on.

Carragher's 500th game for the club tonight. Lets make it special. He'll get a goal watch.

normal_Cnv00038.jpg

n526810904_165248_5267.jpg

n515304493_215996_9552.jpg

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Last edited:

A poem from RAWK!

-----------------------------------------------------------

The way our club was run was always unique,
We knew when to be silent and when's right to speak.
And while I'm sure that such an approach had its flaws,
I wish we'd never let these two cunts through our doors.

They promised us money, and a flashy new ground,
But that turned to shit when no loans could be found.
And speaking of loans, they said 'none' when they came,
But like so many promises it turned out to be lame.

'We'll sign Snoogy Doogy, if one can be found',
But then you'll um over a defender for 4 million pounds?
Tell Rafa he can't sign who he wants on a free,
And can't even decide who stays and who leaves?

They told Rafa to focus on coaching his team,
Took the control away from him cause they had the means.
Stories of them selling were quickly denied,
But the silence was deafening on the Rafa divide.

Whenever the stories began to die down,
The flames were fanned by these PR loving clowns.
Smiling thinking back to the way Rafa 'pouted',
We'll wipe away your smiles now your agenda's been outed.

Approaching a man not fit to wipe Rafa's arse,
That you'd mention it in public shows a complete lack of class.
Consulting him on football also has me intrigued,
Where's his La Liga's? His Champions League's?

I long for the days when the money didn't matter,
Money men behind the scenes so we can listen to the Rafas.
When knowledge of football was required to comment,
Not PR games from the cunts with big wallets.

But they've picked the wrong battle with the wrong folk this time,
We won't just lie down when our club's on the line.
Shanks understood the people were the heart of this club,
As did Rafa when he came for a drink down the pub.

It's not just for our manager now that we're fighting,
But for the wrongs of these two fools that we just want righting.
We know now we should have never sold out to these Yanks,
And we'll fight till it's them who are walking the plank.

We are the supporters, we've seen the joy and the pain,
We've followed our team through the wind and the rain.
Without us there's nothing, these clowns soon will see,
We are the club. We are Liverpool FC.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Great win, but not satisfiying. Seeing Kuyt labour so much during the final stages to get a goal really makes me sad.

Back
Top Bottom