Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

The Sheikh's son is a VERY strong Liverpool fan Peter, apparantly even phoning up Rick Parry during a game once to tell Rafa that Dudek needed to be subbed. He's the main reason that Liverpool fans preferred DIC as at least his son (who is the guy leading the bid) is a lifelong Liverpool fan who loves our club, compared to G&H who didn't know anything about "soccer", nevermind our club and history.

hmmm, how many sons does he have? Because they named one of their horses Wayne Rooney?

If he did phone Rick Parry, it was probably during the FA Cup exit to Arsenal! Dudek was gash

Even after the game, everyone who perplexed as to why Reina was left out.

Last edited:

No idea. I've read some quotes from his son (whichever is the Liverpool fan) saying something along the lines of saying they want a part in our club because they understand our club, our fans and our history. This was at the time they were in a bidding war with G&H. If I find the quote, I'll paste it up here.

Well in Bramble. Has the game of his life at Anfield then fluffs against the Toffees, We only have ourselves to blame of course but a little bit of consistency would be nice.

Typical really, it was bound to happen. Everton are in really good form, played well all season and it'll be interesting to see if they can keep this up. But it was almost like a script that Bramble would have his best game, then a typical shite game against Everton. Any of the other 18 teams, but of course it's Everton :lol:

Awwww bless you guys, you gotta blame someone else for not being able to beat relegation candidates at home. ;)

Peter you didn't really answer my question: Are you from Liverpool?

"It's a great economic model. People are worried that I might take money away from the Rangers to go to Liverpool. It's just the reverse. Liverpool is going to pull off lots of extra money that if I choose I can use for the Rangers or Stars."

Tom Hicks on Liverpool FC

He said this on "In My Own Words" aired by Foxsports last year.

The program is on http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/tex/fan_forum/multimedia.jsp

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/player/mp_...7/tex/video/061907_tex_hicks_ownwords_400.wmv

He makes the comments around 10.20.

-------------------------------------

Plan M, why are you asking where Peter is from? What has that got to do with anything toto do with Liverpool? Or is it, as I'm expecting, you're trying to bait him into saying he isn't from Liverpool and then you can say he's a typical Liverpool fan or something along those lines?

I'm a bit bored of coming into this thread for some chat about Liverpool with the likes of Peter and Abhishek only to constantly find people trying to make smart-arse comments and trying to be funny. It's trolling and it's a bit childish.

The Sheikh's son is a VERY strong Liverpool fan Peter, apparantly even phoning up Rick Parry during a game once to tell Rafa that Dudek needed to be subbed. He's the main reason that Liverpool fans preferred DIC as at least his son (who is the guy leading the bid) is a lifelong Liverpool fan who loves our club, compared to G&H who didn't know anything about "soccer", nevermind our club and history.

Is that a good thing? Will he start a Roman and sign players he wants instead of what rafa and the team needs?

I see what you're saying Tik, if the Dudek story is true then it does cause a bit of concern. But we don't know unless we're put in that situation. And frankly, I'd much rather be in that situation than have these two monkeys have any involvement with our club.

the arabs wanted to buy last time...

but it was sold to the yanks...

and you's lapped up the promises..

bent over and got shafted...

at least they wanted to run it like a business...

this new deal looks a bit abit abramovich-ish..

yet you's are creaming it...

again....

If you could read between the lines Plan M, no I'm not from Liverpool. Born and bred in London

I gather you are in Wales somewhere no?

Honestl guys I think we are at a tipping point here.

If they refinance, we are lumbered with 30m interest payments on the debt. The knock on effects from this will be drastic. No transfer budget, nothing, even with a new stadium, the first operating profits will have to cover debt

I really am perplexed as to the motives of G+H. Do they really think they can pull it off, win back the fans and increase our value, and then sell. Or is it to refinance, lumber, then run. But if they wanted to sell quickly and make a profit then why refinance?

I fear we are on the brink of turning into another Leeds or finally getting the backing to challenge on all fronts.

Honestl guys I think we are at a tipping point here.

If they refinance, we are lumbered with 30m interest payments on the debt. The knock on effects from this will be drastic. No transfer budget, nothing, even with a new stadium, the first operating profits will have to cover debt

I really am perplexed as to the motives of G+H. Do they really think they can pull it off, win back the fans and increase our value, and then sell. Or is it to refinance, lumber, then run. But if they wanted to sell quickly and make a profit then why refinance?

I fear we are on the brink of turning into another Leeds or finally getting the backing to challenge on all fronts.

Check my post earlier, it seems Hicks is wanting to use Liverpool as a profit-machine for his US franchises.

Unbelieveable my hatred for this man grows by the day.

When Tom Hicks started “losing” money because of his bad decisions, Tom Hicks tried his best to cut his monetary losses at the expense of the Texas Rangers. He tries to trade A-Rod but finds no immediate success. He settles our fan outrage about attempting to give away our best player and league MVP by telling us “Obviously, absolutely there are no trade talks and this trade has been put to bed. We are in a go-forward position with Alex. He is here for seven years and we will go forward.”

This, of course, would be a blatant LIE to the fans as 2 weeks later A-Rod is dumped to New York… this of course will allow the Texas Rangers “Financial flexibility”

So there is hope he will sell cause he is a lying bastard.

“Hicks could have purchased Dallas’ MLS franchise but decided not to. ‘In hindsight, I probably made the wrong decision,’ he said. “. That’ll make ya feel better Liverpool fans, your new owner is now thinking he’d rather have purchased a running punchline in Dallas than your franchise.

Liverpool faithful: I invite you to “The Tom Hicks Era”

http://ickscorner.wordpress.com/2007/12/28/we-feel-your-pain-liverpool/

Taken from Raotl. Apologies if this has been posted before.

""""Everything ive said on this in the past few weeks are true, not arsed but if people want to check my posts they can. The person who i talk to, is the very same person, that BBC and others have spoken to.

These are the facts,

Hicks alone was going to sell his stake in the club to DIC. Gillet would then have been left with about 41% of the club, and DIC with the rest.
The reason this has changed, and quite rightly, is that any future investmant in the club, either on the pitch or off it, would have been along those figures. So if we had 100 million to spend next summer, 41 million would come from Gillet.
He has realised he carnt really do that, so reluctantly has agrred to sell his shares as well. At a match before christmas, i dont know what one, a relative of Hicks had an outburst in the directors lounge and said they wanted rid of Liverpool fc as soon a spossible, that is a fact.

So at the moment DIC are in talks to buy the club, lock stock and barrell.

Thats the good news, the bad news is that all this talk in the papers of 500 million is ******** , they will not buy it for a penny over, of what they think its worth, which is more or less the same as what they valued it at last summer. So negotiations are going on right now.

The other good news is that one of the reasons they have said they will buy it at there price and no more is because they want to invest heavilly in the club. I understand that if they buy the club, Rafa will defintly stay next season, if they dont buy it, he will defintly go.FACT

However im told he is very confident that he will be here, which means he probaly knows more about it, and is confident we will have new owners.

I will say this now - If it wasnt for the fans/RTK/, WHOEVER - Rafa would be gone now, to the Americans, whatever they say in public, we are a pain in the arse to them, and they know its hard to make a decision we dont support, they didnt expect that, and its been a massive factor in them deciding to defintly get rid, so well done boys and girls, we have a long way to go, but things are looking better than a week ago."""""

Wow our club is being thrown about like a franchise.

Anyway tonights game, I expect a win or a boredraw.

Does anyone know if our FA cup game is to be televised?

Tonight? I'm going for either 1-0 or 1-1. Can't see Villa winning, we can't let them win!

If you could read between the lines Plan M, no I'm not from Liverpool. Born and bred in London

I gather you are in Wales somewhere no?

I am from Salford mate, moved to Swansea when my mum left my dad when I was 7. Also Dags, I'm not trolling, it was an honest question. It just makes me laugh when L'pool supporters go on about United supporters not being from Manchester, pot calling the kettle black methinks. :)

Exactly, so you did ask the question rhetorically (sp?) with a clear assumption in your head that Peter wasn't from Liverpool, and you knew what you were trying to get from asking the question (which was to say about kettle black etc). So really, it wasn't an honest question, you were trying to get a dig in. Anyway, can we get this thread to just talking about Liverpool as opposed to people always coming in (funny enough nearly always Mancs) trying to have "banter"? :)

Chill out Dags. I didn't know Pete was from London which is why I asked.

Martin Skrtel set for debut at Anfield

Jan 21 2008 by Tony Barrett
Liverpool FC's Martin Skrtel

Liverpool FC's Martin Skrtel _320

MARTIN SKRTEL is in line to make his Liverpool debut at home to Aston VIlla tonight – with his manager adamant he is ready for his bow in English football.

The Slovak international became Liverpool’s record signing for a defender when he moved from Zenit St Petersburg for a fee of £6.5m earlier this month.

And having seen his early attempts to get to grips with English football in training at Melwood, Benitez believes the time is now right to plunge Skrtel in at the Premier League deep end.

“We need to consider the fact that Jamie Carragher and Sami Hyypia have been playing almost every single game,” said Benitez.

“Martin is definitely an option for us. I am really pleased with him and with the work he has done with us on the training ground since he joined us.

“We have been doing some things that he wasn’t used to doing but he has picked things up really quickly.

“He doesn’t talk too much English but he does understand and I have been explaining things to him.

“On Friday he was training alongside Carra and he did well. Villa is a difficult game and they have good forwards but I think he will be ready.”

One of the elements of Skrtel’s game which has impressed Benitez most is his physical approach and the Reds boss believes this will stand him in good stead as he makes his way in English football.

He said: “Everything is really positive. The only problem we had was that Martin had not been doing much training before he joined us because the league season in Russia had ended a month earlier.

“But he is very strong and if we need to use him then he can play.

“When we were talking about signing him we were talking about his qualities and his physical approach to the game was one of them.

“I think that he will be okay.”

Apart from Daniel Agger, who is again struggling with a recurrence of his ongoing metatarsal problem, Benitez has a full squad to choose from.

Pepe Reina will return in goal having made way for Charles Itandje in last week’s 5-0 FA Cup win over Luton and Javier Mascherano will return to the squad having been rested for that game.

----------------------------------------

Carragher and Skrtel alongside each other? Seems like a pretty tough pairing :D

I am sure even Carra would keep his distance from Skrtel. I expect us to win today. We always beat Aston Villa.

Our FA Cup game isn't on BBC.

FA Cup 4th round: Mansfield v Middlesbrough
1210 GMT, BBC ONE

FA Cup 4th round: Wigan v Chelsea
1705 GMT, BBC ONE

I am sure even Carra would keep his distance from Skrtel. I expect us to win today. We always beat Aston Villa.

Mr you cant have watched liverpool recently, if i was you id be very worried about this game tonight, think your team needs to sort the back ground out first , the foundations of the club!
There may be trouble ahead.

The Liverpool Daily Post is running a survey on fans' feelings about things going on at Anfield at the moment which they hope will make the basis of an in depth piece looking at life under the Americans 12 months on. They've emailed us asking if we could publicise the survey on the forum.

It won't take more than a couple of minutes to complete, so if anyone is interested in putting forward their views, the link is below:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=PLOO9Cjh29_2fruBrdlmHZfw_3d_3d

Back
Top Bottom