Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Well at least not all the debt is on us.

They are putting up some money. But its still a hefty amount. Interest rates won't stay this low either.

The loan then obviously means no money for transfers whatsoever. Rafa will be gone. Mash will gone, and maybe some other players who might not want stay after Rafa goes.

In an ideal world who would you guys like to see take over as L'pool owner and secondly, L'pool manager?

Rafa seems to be seeking legal advice about the Klinsmann approach...

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...-confirm-rafa-benitez-contact-64375-20386390/

Once those yank cunts get the re-finance sorted which seems very likely Rafa will walk I'm pretty sure of it, Mascherano, Alonso & Reina will probably follow him out the door as well. Words cannot describe my anger towards these two fucking clowns and towards the dickheads who sold the soul of the club to them in the first place!

Give Ferguson his dues:

Ferguson blasts Liverpool owners
Liverpool owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks
Gillett (left) and Hicks (right) have a strained relationship with Benitez
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has criticised Liverpool's American owners for the way they have undermined manager Rafa Benitez.

Tom Hicks and George Gillett upset the club's supporters after admitting they had sounded out Jurgen Klinsmann as a possible replacement for the Spaniard.

"What happened was a bad piece of business on Liverpool's part, no doubt about that," Ferguson said.

"That can be very upsetting. You should let a manager get on with his job."

Ferguson is the longest-serving manager in English football, having been appointed at Old Trafford in 1986.

In that time he has become the most successful manager in British football history.

606: DEBATE
Your views on Ferguson's comments

Under his stewardship, the club has won nine Premier League titles, five FA Cups, two League Cups, the European Cup, the Cup Winners' Cup, the Super Cup and Inter-Continental Cup with players.

Since Benitez took over at Anfield, Liverpool have won the FA Cup and Champions League.

But that has not prevented him having a high-profile falling out with the club's owners, and Ferguson said their lack of backing for their man did not make Benitez's job any easier.

"At big clubs, it's absolutely paramount that the board show their class," said Ferguson.

"Arsene Wenger has had great support at Arsenal and I've had great support, too, ever since I came here. So there's a certain type of unity there."

Fergie for Prime Minister :applause:

Everything he said was right though - fucking Yanks taking over our game - stick with your boring, shitty NFL where one match takes a week to play.

Terry: Carragher World's Best Defender

John Terry has shocked Chelsea fans by admitting that Liverpool's Jamie Carragher is the best defender in the world

Asked who he thought was the best defender in world football, Chelsea captain John Terry produced a surprising answer: Liverpool's Jamie Carragher.

The pair have often been viewed as very similar players, both showing a willingness to be brave and throw themselves into last ditch tackles.

Both defensive rocks for their clubs, Terry has gone on to take the captain's armband for England while Carragher was overlooked by Steve McClaren in favour of the likes of Wes Brown, Ledley King and Sol Campbell.

World Class Attributes

The Anfield favourite decided to call it quits at international level, but Terry thinks it's a shame that Carragher was never given a real chance to make his mark as an England centre-back.

"I personally think that over the last four or five years he has been the best defender in the world,” said the Chelsea skipper.

"He has everything you need to be a world class defender and you also have to look at what he's achieved in the Champions League with Liverpool.

Reader Of The Game

He's been consistent in The Premier League, he's never injured, he always gives one hundred per cent, he's a good reader of the game, he's quick and is good in the air,” Terry continued.

"For a centre half he's also great on the ground as well. He knows when to get the ball away, when to clear his lines. He also never stops talking to his team-mates and that's a great thing to have. Even when you watch games on the television it's always his voice you can hear."

Goal.com UK
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=557893

I can't seem to find the connection about the refinancing deal AND Rafa departing, where did u get the idea from?

Well with the refinancing it means the yanks stay on as owners. Now would you want to work for an owner that has publicly stated he was already looking somewhere else? Or an owner that hasnt backed you to improve the team and being unwilling to get to know the game and how it works yet tells you to pretty much "shut the f$%k up".

I know Rafa and Fergie respect each other, but really, Fergie praising a manager is NOT a good omen :(

Regarding Carra, purely based on reading the game, covering and defensive positioning Carra would be one of the best, certainly in the Top 3. But I think Ferdinand and Puyol are better on the ball, and are much quicker.

Terry: Carragher World's Best Defender

sounds like JT had been on one of his infamous drinking sessions....

carra's good dont get me wrong...

but 2 decent cup runs dont make you a world beater...

he's never been near a Prem title...

and as your yank mates will tell you....

defenses win championships...

but ive always had soft spot for carra...

he's scored a few goals for us v lfc...

and what was with gerrards pathetic excuse the other night...

this guy was touted as being england captain not long ago...

but I can see you (plastic) scousers using that very same reason come may....

so sad...

Another one coming out with childish digs and childish comments, another one to the ignore list.

Gerrard should not be making excuses, but off-field issues WILL effect the players. Anyways...

Looks like Sissokko deal has gone through for 12 million euros. Hope he does well. I can see him fitting in very well with the slow pace of Serie A.

Momo, we'll never forget Barcelona :)

I don't understand all this "ignore list" rubbish. You're only reading someone's thoughts and opinions, don't take it all so personally! :)

Well, its nearly the end. The end for the club and the end for me.

Drastic? Might sound it, but these guys are in it for the fleecing. I expected that of course, the only difference is Hicks doesnt believe in the on field activities so much. He'll do just enough to try and maintain interest and for us thats not good enough. To be a success you need to keep on pitch stuff successful, otherwise you fall into mediocrity and we already have.

Loaded debt repayments will make it even harder for us to buy players in the future (as if it wasnt already!) unless Hicks digs deep into his own pockets and he wont do that, he never does. In fact hes already stated money made from LFC will go into his other sports assets.

A sad time for football and Liverpool fans in general.

what happen to "You will never walk alone" ya scousers shout, oh that shout wasn't made for bad times...

Well, its nearly the end. The end for the club and the end for me.

Drastic? Might sound it, but these guys are in it for the fleecing. I expected that of course, the only difference is Hicks doesnt believe in the on field activities so much. He'll do just enough to try and maintain interest and for us thats not good enough. To be a success you need to keep on pitch stuff successful, otherwise you fall into mediocrity and we already have.

Loaded debt repayments will make it even harder for us to buy players in the future (as if it wasnt already!) unless Hicks digs deep into his own pockets and he wont do that, he never does. In fact hes already stated money made from LFC will go into his other sports assets.

A sad time for football and Liverpool fans in general.

stop it man your breaking my heart :lol:

boo hoo
Ohio20State20Crying20man.jpg

If you think this is the end of the mighty liverpool think again. anyway it doesnt seem that long ago the mancs where up in arms with the glaziers but that seems to have quietened down a bit. Bring on the arabs. Blue4Life one word ..... chelsea:lmao:

All the Mancs and bitters are going to use this opportunity to have a go at us. Ah, well, let's wait for the good times (if they ever come).

Football: Liverpool - some essential new viewing
By Ian Herbert

"You need stability," says Tom Hicks, without a trace of irony in a fascinating web interview which reveals a whole lot more about his plans for Liverpool than last year's offer document which the Anfield hierarchy welcomed with open arms.

You need only play half of the interview, screened on the Major League Baseball website, to get the hang of just how little time Hicks has for sporting sentimentality when it comes to Liverpool FC. Sure, when he bought the Dallas Stars ice hockey franchise he fell in love with the club and changed his mind about selling it. But Liverpool? Scousers, whose accents he doesn't understand, are a mystery to him. "They're on a different planet but bless 'em they're proud of it," he tells MLB.

Watch the whole interview though and you'll realise that a few "Yanks Out" banners at Anfield are not going to distress him.

You'll also get a sense of how important the redevelopment of ground is to his corporate vision for his sporting franchises. "I'm a businessman," he says proudly. The Stars, Hicks notes, were "a lousy franchise, playing in a crumbling arena… but I figured I could change all that, put them in a great new arena, make them worth a lot more money and sell it." As neat a summation as you'll find about what motivates the money men to arrive with their leveraged take overs in this football age.

Meanwhile, a Forbes analysis of the Stars provides an understanding of the gap between the self-promotional MLB interview and the reality in Dallas There will be none of the "sagging" demand for tickets which Forbes reports the Stars are experiencing but the story of what's happened there under Hicks' command is a depressing one for Liverpool and there may well be similar trouble ahead. The exponential global growth the American is obviously banking on won't come as easy if Liverpool don't develop on the playing front.

So what's to be learned from this sorry tale? That clubs – and British football – should stop and assess for a great deal longer before taking the plunge with entrepreneurs like Hicks, in their headlong pursuit of parity with the elite. The fabric of the game depends on it and, as the Supporters Direct organization observes, it takes proper professional advice – not just some help from Soho Square to establish whether men like Hicks really are fit and proper to take over a grand old club like Liverpool.

All the Mancs and bitters are going to use this opportunity to have a go at us. Ah, well, let's wait for the good times (if they ever come).

nah to be honest most united suppoters were all doom and gloom about our takeover...

some took drastic measure...

all the ABU's can do now is jump on how much debt we have...

but its what happens on the pitch I care about..

and in that aspect things have'nt looked this bright for a few years...

Skysports.com understands Palermo are interested in Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva.

The Italian side are believed to have made an enquiry for the Brazilian international as they look to bolster their squad before the close of the transfer window.

Palermo have held a long-term interest in Lucas and tried to sign him before he joined Liverpool from Gremio last summer.

Liverpool beat a host of clubs to Lucas' signature and he is tipped for a big future in the game.

The 21-year-old has struggled to hold down a place in Liverpool's starting XI this season with the likes of Steven Gerrard, Javier Mascherano and Xabio Alonso all ahead of him in the pecking order.

His lack of regular action has alerted Palermo who are hoping to lure him to Serie A.

Lucas is highly-regarded by Reds boss Rafa Benitez and it is unlikely that Liverpool would be willing to let the South American leave.

------------------------------------------------------------

NO CHANCE! I'd be gutted if Lucas left, he's showing so much potential! I wonder if Palermo are trying to take advantage of our "owners" being dickheads and wanting to recoup whatever money they can get :(

Back
Top Bottom