Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

*sigh*

Think we deserved something from the game for the 2nd half performance, but we left it too late. Far too cautious in 2nd half..

We're slowly becoming the Milan of the Premier League ;) (i.e rather win the CL(

We keep getting worse and worse every match. Thank god for Fernando Torres. Kuyt was decent, and Babel and Torres looked decent up front as well. But this is just getting ridiculous. All I can do as a supporter, is stay behind the team, which I always will.

picture4lj1copycopycopycopycopycopy.jpg

:lol:

Babel, Torres, Stevie G the only two looking like doing something. Alonso imrproved late on.

Kuyt still wasteful but put in the effort.

You really are tiresome Blue4Life. All I can see from Liverpool fans in the Everton thread is praise, you on the other hand have a dig on every post around the forum.

So should liverpool be "relieved" to get a point today? Thats what they said on footiefocus at the final whislte, but looking at the stats liverpool had the more possesion, more shots (both on and off target) and had 3 times as many corners (3 to 9). To me that would say Liverpool should have won, or were atleast the better team and not the "relieved" one at FT.

yeh we had more opportunities, more possesion, but of course the media will spin it. But it is the result that matter, and it finally confirms we will be fighting Spurs, Everton, City, Villa, Pompey etc for 4th.

Reina tipped a shot onto the post but that was all. First half was shocking though

Annoying isnt it. Its cos we keep starting shit in Serie A so we have to focus on CL.

So, we have someone we can share our grief with ;)

But, at least Milan won the CL in recent years.

Is anyone else just relieved the we didn't lose this one? It was pathetic performance, but the Fernando Torres goal just bought a smile to my face. I have been watching La Liga for a couple of years, and I (as well as many others) really thought Torres would flop here at Liverpool. How wrong I was!

And can we please get rid of Voronin? He doesn't deserve that No. 10 jersey. I miss Luis Garcia :(

Babel, Torres, Stevie G the only two looking like doing something. Alonso imrproved late on.

Kuyt still wasteful but put in the effort.

You really are tiresome Blue4Life. All I can see from Liverpool fans in the Everton thread is praise, you on the other hand have a dig on every post around the forum.

COME ON PETER YOU PRAISE US BECAUSE WE ARE DUE IT¬ Sorry but your team aint worth shit this year! Maybe next year red- shite ;)

ehh mate, for all your best footballing season ever, you still haven't overtaken a team in crisis with totally shit players like Voronin and Riise.

It has more to do with the fact that we don't obcess and have sleepless nights plotting how to over take you lot.

You lot never praised us in 2001,2005, 2006, 2007. It was merely a fluke wasn't it! Point in case.

You dont know our history mate , and pete who said best season ever! have you forgot about this gob-shites!!

new1.jpg
[/IMG]

Now go and cry in the corner im off to work happy as larry !!!! wink wink!

you will surpass that season mate if you carry on.

I'm tipping you for the Waffa infact.

And yes for most of the premiship you were relegation candidates.

2004/05 never really hurt us m8. We had bigger fish to fry.

RUn run where ever you may be we are the famous EFC!!!!!

Come on you blue boys, top 4 by the end of the season redshite in crisis talks, rafa looking to go on the DLA hahaha who yas gonna get klinnsman oh thats right he fucked yas off too!

sure theres always veneables and souness haha up the blues!!!

Blue4life, you need to get some perspective. At least people like Plan M come and have a proper conversation and some friendly banter. Having a conversation with you is beyond me, which is why I have never tried.

Amazingly, we are now 4th, one position above before this game!!

I think even 3rd is beyond our reach. It is quite clear that attacking wise, even teams like Portsmouth and Blackburn have better option in certain positions. Now I come to think of it, it's amazing how we have managed to beat teams like Barcelona and Chelsea with this team.

Gerrard and Torres are the only ones with world class quality. Babel is quality, and it's beyond me why Voronin gets to play instead of him. Important for us is to secure the 4th place. A

nd for Rafa, he has to do well in the CL if he wants his job security. He might not even get the chance if the owners decide it's time to sack him. It will be sad, but Rafa's over the top tactics and tinkering and some poor transfers are the reason why we are doing so poorly. It will be difficult to see who can replace him though.

Edit: After reading chico's post it seems most Everton fans are like that! I couldn't comprehend a word he said.

myself said:
Good point Blue, seeing as for most of the prem you were relegation candidates..........

blue said:
You dont know our history mate

By the looks of it, I know it better then YOU!

92/93 = 13th +4points
93/94 = 17th +2points
94/95 = 15th +5points
95/96 = 6th
96/97 = 15th +2points
97/98 = 17th +goaldifference :D
98/99 = 14th +7points
99/00 = 13th +7points
00/01 = 17th +8points
01/02 = 15th +7points
02/03 = 7th
03/04 = 17th +6points
04/05 = 4th
05/06 = 11th
06/07 = 6th

And on Ignore you go :D

When does the new UEFA rule come into place? The one that lets the top 3 go into CL only? Cos we'd be fucked too if its this year, but I THINK its the year after.

Yes, I think it's 2009/2010. Forget that, we need to qualify this season.

How are Milan doing? Are they in the top 10? And when's Pato going to start playing? I can't wait to see him.

We're 11th with 2 games in hand. If we win both, we go 5th. Pato debuts tomorrow night against Napoli infront of 70, 000+ fans! Last year, we were a completely different team after the new year. It seems the same is happening again. We're also playing with 2 strikers again since Pato can play.

Never count on games in hand (they suck don't they). We know what happened when we counted on them :(

Haven't watched the game, but from reading the forums on RAWK, people aren't pleased with the performance again today. Same old story, every week. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Groundhog Day. Something needs to change at Liverpool, this is more than a dip in form, it's just not good enough.

I do fear Rafa is on borrowed time now, I believe he will go in the summer. Whether he jumps or is pushed (and I'm sure it'll be pushed, he loves our club), I can't see this carrying on. The American's don't strike me as a patient pair.

Last edited by a moderator:

I dunno mate, I really don't. Lippi? Mourinho? McLaren? (just joking), Allardyce? I can't say I'd be overly excited at any of those names. It's just one big mess, it really is :(

Out of all those, Id take Mourinho to be honest. He could instill some arrogance in our team, that lacks under Rafa. You can say that Liverpool fans hate him, but when he's on this side of the fence, you can't help but love him. That's what Chelsea fans tell me, anyways.

Plus he's a great at man management, and that's surely what we need. We lack killer instinct, and Mourinho, can give us that.

Whoever, it is, at the moment, Rafa is clueless. Even if he leaves, there will be a line of clubs wanting him. I look at United play today, and I can't believe we thought of competing with them.

Last edited:

At least you win at home. We havent won at home for 4 months in Serie A. Record. Infact, we've never won in Serie A at home this season.

ironically our away form is better than our home form.

We've only beat Pompey, Bolton, Derby and Fulham at home.:lmao:

away we've turned over: Villa, Everton, Derby, Sunderland, Wigan, Newcastle

Another thing that worries me is that if Rafa goes, most of our Spanish players, including Torres might go with him. These are dark days for us.

And the owners are pissing me off. They should make it clear now whether Rafa is going to stay or not. All this uncertainly is making the whole thing even worse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom