Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Was it just me who was gutted when we scored? I had started cheering Luton on. I walked out the room when we scored to go to my 5aside match then heard my dad shout goal. They fucking deserved it. I know we will do them at Anfield but its a shame they couldnt finish us off today.

Bloody sick of this #### week in week out, rafa must go and the sooner the better, @ kevano , what the f**k are you on? we might be #### and complain but i never hope we get beat :roll:

back to as roma

so dissapointed, as i had high hopes this year, now there all laughing at us :(

hahah yes they are. its embarrasing. cant help wanting the underdog to win when you see overpaid shite like that every week. them guys havent been paid for weeks and they played with more passion than we have all season.

why do people keep mentioning roma? weirdos. I agree with comments that all of our wages should be donated to Luton town because at least they fucking tried.

We were total shite today. Devoid of passion and looking like we didnt give 2 shits whether we went through or went out.

Time for Rafa to go I think, he is losing the fucking plot

holy shit how you guys have turned, you were talking about lynching the owners if they fired rafa, now you want to lynch rafa!

I rather lynch the owners, but someone has to be lynched.

I think our love for Rafa is sentimental. He brought the good times yet, but he's also one of the reasons why we haven't quite reached where this club has the potential to be. He is frustrating, he is the managerial equivilent of Marmite.

I happen to love marmite, but I'd be happy to throw it away if could find something better and more adventerous to spread on my toast.

holy shit how you guys have turned, you were talking about lynching the owners if they fired rafa, now you want to lynch rafa!
Was just thinking the same thing, Christ alive. Champions League winners, Champions League finalists, brought in players who have made a fantastic impact, the fans took to the stands in unison with "Save Rafa" banners which got huge media attention, and then one FA Cup game later it's "Rafa out". :| Liverpool weren't the only team to struggle in the FA Cup, even the best managers will find it hard motivating a team that has played the likes of AC Milan to go out and give 100% against Luton in a competition I'm sure none of them care about (except perhaps for the English lads, and even then I'm sure it's 50/50). Absolutely crazy to want rid of him when he's done nothing but good for the club, I don't think another manager could do a better job.

When Jose was rumoured to be interested I got pounced on for saying "I'd love to see him at Liverpool". Well if Rafa does bite the bullet I hope he's still interested, that would make my day to see my favourite manager at my favourite Premiership club. But apart from him, I wonder what decent managers are left to take the helm.

:) Liverpools season on its track to be a complete disaster while we march on to the treble but seriously i think you need to get behind the manager and owners even if you dont want to, makes me think we didnt do to bad with the Glazer's when you see whats happening with you's and Chelski

well it was always going to happen , not good owned by yanks and supported by foreigners liverpool has lost its identity , shame really but thats football these days, fickle fans and short memories , feel sorry for rafa

well it was always going to happen , not good owned by yanks and supported by foreigners liverpool has lost its identity , shame really but thats football these days, fickle fans and short memories , feel sorry for rafa

Fickle fans? How many of your fans deserted Utd when Glazer took over and started supporting that breakaway club?

That's the last time I reply to a WUM, waste of my time. I really don't see why people go in other threads just to wind people up. It's not banter, it's childish.

If we are paying good money to see the team, we have every right to complain. The reason I dont go to as many LFC games now is because its not entertaining. All these people who go on about loyalty to the club pisses me off. Its a game, I would much rather play football than watch it. Why the hell people pay so much money to go watch their team play week in week out I will never know. Sure the atmosphere is awesome, but the quality of football is seriously lacking.

Liverpool v Swansea City in round 4! That is where I live - they are top of League One and will give you a game I promise! :)

Liverpool v Swansea City in round 4! That is where I live - they are top of League One and will give you a game I promise! :)

Not necessarily, Swansea haven't beaten Havant & Waterlooville in the replay so it could be H&W ;)

You all said that about Kuyt! ;)

(Who remembers the "he could be the next V.Nistelrooy" comments? :lol:)

I still rate him quite high, as long as he's put into a striker's position, not like currently. And no I didn't say he's the next V. Nistelrooy.

It's hard to get excited about players when you dont really know them. I heard loads about Cisse, Kuyt, Baros, Cheyrou (and I could go on and on) and look how they all turned out.

Fingers crossed for skirting board though :)

I liked Baros - he just ran around with his head down too much!

Theres too much wrong presently at LFC.

Firstly, we were terrible yesterday, we had no composure, no cohesion and no will to win, we looked headless and had no focus at all. But i do believe the off field incidents are finally starting to seep into the team and onto the pitch with Rafa battling match to match for his future.

Well its just not on frankly.

Im no great lover of Rafa in the sense that he can do nothing wrong - i think first and foremost the blame of our lack of firing forwards lands squarely at his feet. His constant chopping and changing, not to mention playing players out of position has destroyed the confidence in players like Kuyt, Voronin, Babel and Crouch.

Contrary to what people are saying there was nothing wrong with wednesdays performance against Wigan, where they had one shot and scored and we failed to finish them off, or at Manchester City where we had them penned into their own box. There was nothing much wrong against United where one chance out of a handful decided the game. Its just lack of finishing.

We are on the right track but first things first, i think Rafa needs to become more humble and change some of his ways, he makes things more difficult for himself and makes himself an easy target with his strange selections and playing people in the wrong formations. he needs to stop rotation and install an incentive to the players for doing well, for wearing the shirt. Why should Crouch bag any goals and work his socks off if hes gonna be benched next game? Pointless.

Secondly the owners need to put up or get out. While Rafa was to blame for his petulance these idiots have made a mockery of what this club is all about. They've continually decided against publically quashing these rumours, they could have ended it in an instant but havent and now the rot has set in. they have not fulfilled their promises of funding, both stadium and players. If they cant fulfill these things they best get out now because no one wants them, and if they aint careful they will soon see the backlash at games.

While we realistically wont win the prem, we still have an outside chance and only draws have cost us so far this season, we are still in the CL and survived a poor performance yesterday, theres still lots to play for. But only if the club gets its act together and puts to bed these rumours and starts working together because at the moment the club is ready to implode.

Last edited:

Theres too much wrong presently at LFC.

Firstly, we were terrible yesterday, we had no composure, no cohesion and no will to win, we looked headless and had no focus at all. But i do believe the off field incidents are finally starting to seep into the team and onto the pitch with Rafa battling match to match for his future.

Well its just not on frankly.

Im no great lover of Rafa in the sense that he can do nothing wrong - i think first and foremost the blame of our lack of firing forwards lands squarely at his feet. His constant chopping and changing, not to mention playing players out of position has destroyed the confidence in players like Kuyt, Voronin, Babel and Crouch.

Contrary to what people are saying there was nothing wrong with wednesdays performance against Wigan, where they had one shot and scored and we failed to finish them off, or at Manchester City where we had them penned into their own box. There was nothing much wrong against United where one chance out of a handful decided the game. Its just lack of finishing.

We are on the right track but first things first, i think Rafa needs to become more humble and change some of his ways, he makes things more difficult for himself and makes himself an easy target with his strange selections and playing people in the wrong formations. he needs to stop rotation and install an incentive to the players for doing well, for wearing the shirt. Why should Crouch bag any goals and work his socks off if hes gonna be benched next game? Pointless.

Secondly the owners need to put up or get out. While Rafa was to blame for his petulance these idiots have made a mockery of what this club is all about. They've continually decided against publically quashing these rumours, they could have ended it in an instant but havent and now the rot has set in. they have not fulfilled their promises of funding, both stadium and players. If they cant fulfill these things they best get out now because no one wants them, and if they aint careful they will soon see the backlash at games.

While we realistically wont win the prem, we still have an outside chance and only draws have cost us so far this season, we are still in the CL and survived a poor performance yesterday, theres still lots to play for. But only if the club gets its act together and puts to bed these rumours and starts working together because at the moment the club is ready to implode.
maybe they dont want to address rumors cause there just rumors.... i dont think its the owners that are idiots, more then likeley its the media who winds up the fans on baseless articles and accusations, these are most likeley the idiots here.... you can write whatever you want in a british paper or say anything you want on tv, refardless weather it is true... that has got to be a big issue as well i would think, it certainly cant be helping things.

a quote from Lawro on Irish Radio:

Said that he got a text over the weekend and says that the americans will be gone before the end of the season and "There is definitely someone waiting to take over which will only be good for Liverpool Football Club"

Interesting, I wonder who the text was from? Tom Hicks "Mark, I'm pissed off with these bloody Scousers and Rafa, bunch of greedy bastards asking for money like they need to upgrade their team!" ;)

Said that he got a text over the weekend and says that the americans will be gone before the end of the season and "There is definitely someone waiting to take over which will only be good for Liverpool Football Club"

maybe its the scouse dude who was interested before...

It could be. He really wanted to buy us, but David Moores just didn't like him. Now he's left, the American's will just look at the money, they don't hold grudges against the guy.

I'd much rather the Scouse fella own our club, he's one of us. I can't remember his name though :lol:

Edit: Morgan ... Steve Morgan? Something like that ...

Last edited by a moderator:

hahahahahah the media stirring shit up!

Why would Mark Lawrenson, a legenday Liverpool CH with connections in the club stir things up.

We'll leave that up to the scum press and Andy 'Im a twat' Gray.

Back
Top Bottom