Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

We definately could've done with Garcia to support Torres. I'd rather Garcia played ahead of Kuyt and Voronin.

good point Cisse and Luis were quality upfront. Lots of money can backfire(spurs) at least manutd`s money is justified to a point

I personally think Evra is pretty shite, and would much rather have Aurelio, Bridge or A.Cole ahead of Evra.

Abhishek is totally right. Mediocrity DOES run through Liverpool's squad and we HAVE spent a fortune on BIG players in the past. Getting them to play week-in, week-out is the key and Mourinho/Fergie have done this. There are only two Liverpool players I'd happily have see at United - there are plenty of Arsenal/Chelsea players that I would LOVE at United - this says it all for me.

I really think that you need to get rid of Rafa, sell all of your dead wood, make the squad smaller and pick your best eleven (4-4-2 with Stevie G attacking through middle, Mash holding) and play them week-in, week-out (bar suspensions and injuries). It's time to stop fu**ing around. :)

I personally think Evra is pretty shite, and would much rather have Aurelio, Bridge or A.Cole ahead of Evra.

My God Dags, do you ever take them specs off mate? That is like me saying "I think Stevie G is shite, I would rather John O'Shea in midfield".

C'mon, sort it out! :)

I'm being very serious, I just dont rate Evra. Obviously there are plenty of Utd players I do rate, he isn't one of them.

Evra was crap for 1 month when he joined. Since then he has improved more or less every game, and I can't name a left back in the prem I'd rather have in the team than him. For every moment like the one against Cahill (when he got outjumped for the goal) there are 5 games where he owns the left side of the pitch, and maraudes up the wing too.

If you guys get Alves that'd be a real coup, he's definitely the best RB prospect out there, if a bit of a diving prick...

Abhishek is totally right. Mediocrity DOES run through Liverpool's squad and we HAVE spent a fortune on BIG players in the past. Getting them to play week-in, week-out is the key and Mourinho/Fergie have done this. There are only two Liverpool players I'd happily have see at United - there are plenty of Arsenal/Chelsea players that I would LOVE at United - this says it all for me.

I really think that you need to get rid of Rafa, sell all of your dead wood, make the squad smaller and pick your best eleven (4-4-2 with Stevie G attacking through middle, Mash holding) and play them week-in, week-out (bar suspensions and injuries). It's time to stop fu**ing around. :)

100% agree. Also agree with you about Evra. We could be friends, but you watch Celebrity Big Brother. Not meant to be, I guess :p

This would be my dream start XI next season (yes, already next season, because we know it's ours :D)

Reina
Alves Carragher Agger Aurelio
Quaresma Gerrard Mash/Xabi Silva
Torres Babel

Keep on dreaming! :mrgreen:

HAHAHAHAHAHA, thats really like saying,

"I would rather have fabio rochemback, lee carsley, or jermaine jenas over Gerrard"

either you dont watch united games or your having one too many drinks tonight and you have confused silvestre with Evra

100% agree. Also agree with you about Evra. We could be friends, but you watch Celebrity Big Brother. Not meant to be, I guess :p

This would be my dream start XI next season (yes, already next season, because we know it's ours :D)

Reina
Alves Carragher Agger Aurelio
Quaresma Gerrard Mash/Xabi Silva
Torres Babel

Keep on dreaming! :mrgreen:

you guys would hate, HATE quaresma, he is lazy and not fit for the prem at all

HAHAHAHAHAHA, thats really like saying,

"I would rather have fabio rochemback, lee carsley, or jermaine jenas over Gerrard"

either you dont watch united games or your having one too many drinks tonight and you have confused silvestre with Evra

I guess I don't want Utd games then.

And yes, Silvestre is shit, though better than Senderos I must say. And to think we nearly had Silvestre before Utd snatched him away, phew!

I think your team has a Great Backbone, but to many for me average players, you would need to spend "BIG" for me to consider you challenging next season

----------- Reina----------
(new)--Carragher-Agger--(new)
(new)--Gerrard-Masch--(new)
---------Torres--(new)----

for me there the only players in your current team that are championship material and the rest needs a complete overhaul would have to spend big for you to even challenge with the top 3 and even if you get all these places filled with quality you would probably have to wait another season for them to gel together , seems like a long wait but its the only way :)

Look at the spine of the team...

---------------------Reina-----------------

?????-----Carragher-----Agger-----?????

Gerrard-----Alonso-----Mascherano-----?????

---------------?????-----Torres------------

That spine is as good as any in the league the severe problems we have are the left hand side and that missing number 10 who plays "in the hole"/second striker role. We don't beat the top three or shite teams that park the bus because we don't have enough quality in the final third. Babel and Lucas are potentially great players and I'm sure they'll succeed but we need top drawer attacking players now who like Torres will fit straight in, this could have been solved already, Abidal and Malouda were available just this summer gone, do we make a concerted effort to bring them in? Fuck no! Anelka is available NOW like Tévez was in the summer, do we show any interest? Like shite we do, we'll keep faith in the embarrassment that is Kuyt and Crouch and pile all the goals on Torres's shoulders and pray he doesn't get injured. Daniel Alves was on the verge last season, do we pay that extra couple of million? Of course not! We miss out and settle for Pennant. Luis García our most technically gifted player in ages gets replaced with the likes of Voronin and yossi, good squad players nothing more nothing less...

Look at what could have been, no one can tell me this is not a title winning side.

---------------------Reina-----------------

Alves-----Carragher-----Agger-----Abidal

Gerrard-----Alonso-----Mascherano-----Malouda

---------------Anelka-----Torres----------

What I'm trying to say is we are so close yet so far, if properly backed and Rafa gets in those all important first team attacking players (ones above are just an example) and not squad fodder then I have every confidence he'll prove his doubters wrong but until then it's a very difficult task to compete with the other two who are always capable of bagging a couple of £15m+ players every season all I ask is for the cowboys to back Rafa and the supporters to show a bit of patience.

I think your team has a Great Backbone, but to many for me average players, you would need to spend "BIG" for me to consider you challenging next season

----------- Reina----------
(new)--Carragher-Agger--(new)
(new)--Gerrard-Masch--(new)
---------Torres--(new)----

for me there the only players in your current team that are championship material and the rest needs a complete overhaul would have to spend big for you to even challenge with the top 3 and even if you get all these places filled with quality you would probably have to wait another season for them to gel together , seems like a long wait but its the only way :)

Arbeloa is a brilliant right back, he does so much for us defensively and going forward, I wouldn't have any other right back from the Prem ahead of him. Aurelio is fine at left back too, don't see why he isn't winning material either. Wingers and a striker for Torres are true though, we just haven't got world class players in those positions. And until we do, we'll just keep getting shown up :(

Arbeloa is a brilliant right back, he does so much for us defensively and going forward, I wouldn't have any other right back from the Prem ahead of him. Aurelio is fine at left back too, don't see why he isn't winning material either. Wingers and a striker for Torres are true though, we just haven't got world class players in those positions. And until we do, we'll just keep getting shown up :(

yeh possibbly i dont think Browns a world beater but he's doing the job , but spot on, the top 3 should be your main targets, splash out 60M 20 on each and you've got yourself a great side

yeh possibbly i dont think Browns a world beater but he's doing the job , but spot on, the top 3 should be your main targets, splash out 60M 20 on each and you've got yourself a great side

:lmao:

£60m? I somehow can't see the American's wanting to spend anywhere near that much ... maybe £6?

I dont know what you all see in Auerllio I really dont. Evra has been awesome this season for Utd too. Bridge is fucking shit too. Why do we always get linked with rejects :(

Out with Kuyt, Voronin, Pennant, Kewell, Riise, Hyypia, Sissoko, in with 3 world class players please :)

Babel and Torres upfront is going to work. They'll be the most explosive forward pairing in the Premiership. We should atleast try them once. We need to buy Alves, Silva and Quaresma (or Simao), and then we have a brilliant squad. Why didn't we buy Alves and Simao earlier? :(

And yes we do need Alves. Arbeloa would be a great backup, but Alves is in another league.

Btw, it's on wiki so it could be BS. But it seems Garay has signed for us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ezequiel_Garay

Last edited:

wish i had your confidence mate , i aint seen much from babel to get me too excited, i dont thibk he is in torres league , we need a rooney! now that gets me excited imagine that (after the riots) ;)

I dont know what you all see in Auerllio I really dont. Evra has been awesome this season for Utd too. Bridge is fucking shit too. Why do we always get linked with rejects :(

Out with Kuyt, Voronin, Pennant, Kewell, Riise, Hyypia, Sissoko, in with 3 world class players please :)

dead wood.

breakin.png

Terry injury fear hits Blues
Reports suggest skipper could miss rest of season

Chelsea fear skipper John Terry could be ruled out for the rest of the season, according to reports.

The England captain fractured three bones in his right foot in a challenge with Emmanuel Eboue during the 1-0 defeat by Arsenal at Emirates Stadium on 16th December.

source

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3020518,00.html

Babel and Torres upfront is going to work. They'll be the most explosive forward pairing in the Premiership. We should atleast try them once. We need to buy Alves, Silva and Quaresma (or Simao), and then we have a brilliant squad. Why didn't we buy Alves and Simao earlier? :(

And yes we do need Alves. Arbeloa would be a great backup, but Alves is in another league.

Btw, it's on wiki so it could be BS. But it seems Garay has signed for us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ezequiel_Garay

We nearly had Simao, he was about to board a plane to fly over and sign a contract but the President of Benfica pulled the deal last minute because the fans were furious. They whacked up the price from £9m to £12m and Liverpool said no.

^^^ Same sort of thing happened with Alves original price was £10m
and then sevilla bumped it up by a couple of million and we said no.

This is another problem Rafa/Parry/Whoever in charge of the transfers
spends way too much time haggling, where as manure/chelsea just go out
and buy the player(s) that they want no faffing around.

Like said our problems run a little deeper than just not having "world class" players.

And yes I miss little luis aswell...

wish i had your confidence mate , i aint seen much from babel to get me too excited, i dont thibk he is in torres league , we need a rooney! now that gets me excited imagine that (after the riots) ;)

He's miles better than Kuyt or Voronin. He has scored goals, he is very fast (faster than Torres I think), and is physically strong as well. We won't find out unless we try him.

Atleast we should finish 4th this season. When the bloody hell do we play our game in hand?

[Taken from elsewhere]I have it on good authority,that a new Centre Half will be at Liverpool tomorrow,talking terms over a contract and will be available to play in the Champions League if he completes terms/medical...........Ezequiel Garay

Seems like the Garay rumour is stepping up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom