Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Sounds a bit like Kuyt, except Kuyt plays slightly more forward than midfield. Why would we sign him? Unless he's a QUALITY winger, we don't need someone else who can play in midfield. Where's the defender? Winger(s)? Striker?

Grabbed this from the RAWK forums:

http://www.videosdefutbol.net/videos241.htm

That video really rocks, what control :)

Anyway, the defender etc will come very soon, don't worry.

I wouldn't have associated Garcia with being a winger really, much better as an AM/C.

Looking forward to the game tonight, only reason I'm not entirely confident is that Steve Bruce is in charge and Wigan are in a mini revival of sorts.

Hyypia and Agger will not play, so it will be Arbeloa at CB who looked very shakey first half against City. Didn't have anything to do 2nd half though ;)

Not sure if Torres is going to play. If he doesnt' then Crouchodinho must play. If we drop points, our leauge 'chase' becomes virtually impossible, and we will just be fighting for a respectable position and Numero 6. And if we can't do that, then Rafa is on the way out.

Must say there is alot of concern from fans about Agger's injury. He's been out for so long now, much longer than first expected. Apparenlty the injury keeps reoccuring in training. He has tried numerous variations of boots to no avail.

The one player we miss the most is Agger, I can't stress how much he offers our team.

He's a top, top proffesional and a great lad. I hope its not a career threateaning injury.

TBH, I think it's over already, unless we have a perfect season. I can see Arsenal and ManU both dropping around 10 points (or more), but I can't see Liverpool having an almost perfect season without dropping any points. We never took the advantage we had when we were on top against Portsmouth and Birmingham, failed to get many points against the Top 3 at home, and keep on getting those annoying draws in between. I am afraid Rafa's plans won't get the Premier League trophy until atleast a few seasons (no, not NEXT season). However, I am confident that we can win the Champions League, simply because our strength in the CL is the same as out weakness in the Premier League-our unpredictability.

FFS, I dont get why liverpool do this, they were in control and creating chances and instead of making the effort to get the 2nd they try to keep possesion at the back to waste time and more often then not end up losing it to a throw in. And then offcourse they cant do anything as the time is up for the inevatable(sp?) condeding of a soft goal. Dickheads!

Well, and truly over then, eh? I bet we draw our other game in hand as well.

Same old, same old. Plenty of possession, plenty of chances, not clinical enough. We need more quality. Simple as that.

And why do we concede so many goals from set pieces? ManU, Reading, Derby, Wigan, all from set pieces, something wrong there.

Rafa was going nuts. He knows as well, this was the last opportunity. I have this bad feeling, that he's about to get the sack.

Up until now I've thought we can get back in the title race. After the Man City and Wigan games, I think it's safe to say there's no way on Earth we'll be challenging for the title. We just haven't got that killer instinct.

Surely Rafa knew Wigan would scrap and park the bus to hold out for a point, so he plays Torres on his own? Torres just got crowded out, we had no other attacking options, we looked clueless going forward and lacked any kind of imagination if Torres couldn't do anything with the ball.

Pathetic, absoloutely pathetic.

Pathetic is true. And for some reason, I am having a laugh. Don't worry lads, next season is well, and truly ours.....

what a heap of shit that was! take the lead and sit on it:roll:
time for rafa to go, he cant run a premier league team , we wont ever win it under him and his spanish switching tactics, very pissed off and now its over at christmas.....:(

point is , if torres and gerrard cant score ....who will!

Flabbergasted.

Pennant back in straight away. 1 striker up front. 5 midfielders on a narrow pitch. Useless substitutions. Yossi was clearly a better choice. Brings on Kuyt to rescue a goal....

Rafa is slowly packing his bags, and for once I don't think I'll shed a tear. He's a top bloke but he just doesn't understand English football. We don't look top 4 at the moment, and that is what the table tells us.

Yeh, I think time's up for Rafa after this match. It seems that way, doesn't it. Anyways, good night. I wasted my time waking till 3:30 and watching this shit.

Pathetic is true. And for some reason, I am having a laugh. Don't worry lads, next season is well, and truly ours.....

I'm not as pissed off as I thought I would be. I mean, we all seen it coming. We look promising, we get our hopes up only to be shot down by performances which are barely adequate. It just feels like a sick joke, let's get everyone excited and burst their bubble at the last minute.

Quite fed up with it all now, we needed to pull our finger out many games ago, when the other top teams were dropping points. And we shit out and panicked. This transfer window has came too late, but then I don't get the impression the American's will do much to help Rafa anyway, I expect the opposite in fact ...

shhh support your team what ever happens , you only sing when your winning, crap supporters , your all probaly from spain....:roll:

shhh support your team what ever happens , you only sing when your winning, crap supporters , your all probaly from spain....:roll:

Erm, who said we aren't supporting our team? Are you not allowed to be anything other than happy with how your team play? Or does that count as not supporting your team because you don't kiss their arse? Idiot. :roll:

Last edited:

A post on RAWK, which I fully agree with :(

-------------------------------------------

One goal is almost never enough. To open up a game and a team, we need to provide the killer second goal. Too many times, we throw out players who have practically never fucking scored in their lives for Liverpool, and expect to cling to a Gerrard/Torres opener through 90 mins.

I'm sick of it. I'm sick of chopping and changing lineups. I'm sick of waiting till the 80th minute to see a desperation move called Peter Crouch come on and get immediately whistled for a foul before doing his best Emile Heskey impersonation; flick after flick going absolutely nowhere.

I'm sick of seeing Kuyt being put on the right wing. I'm sick of being told Gerrard is playing "just behind the lone striker in a support role". I'm sick of seeing the midfield clogged with defensive players having a subpar game when WE NEED A FUCKING GOAL.

What was the point of putting Kuyt on in place of Pennant? What's he, a better right winger? Is that his natural position? Is that why we bought him, so he could cross the ball over everybody's head to the far touchline?

Why did we wait until the 84th minute to take Mascherano off when we have at least 2 other players on the pitch who could play his position? Were we really that scared of a Heskey led offense?

And every time we lose the lead, or are fighting to get back into a game late on, these stupid useless desperation subs serve to absolutely confuse the team, and break down the shape. Players are running around like headless chickens in positions they aren't used to playing in - it's fucking painfully obvious - as we pray for Stevie G to save us from embarrassment yet again at the death. Kuyt running down the line. Yossi switching wings. Fullbacks dribbling in the middle of the park. At least today we didn't see shot after shot fall to Momo at the edge of the box.

Football's pretty simple, especially in England. Pick 11 players, the best at each position, and play them for 90 mins. If one gets tired, sub him. What we seem to be doing is not picking the best 11 every time (you can bet your sweet arse we see the best XI for big games) and then losing the plot once the decision backfires.

Today was a prime example. We spent the first half trying to "release" Torres, which is a fancy way of saying we punted the ball in front of him, Hollywood ball after Hollywood ball, and hoped he'd get on the end of it. It didn't work, so for a minute there, we played proper football, using a fullback to overlap, receive a pass from his central midfielder, and cross the ball to the striker, who scored from inside the area. Fucking simple and effective. Then it was back to shapeless, confusing football after they equalized.

This is not a league winning team mentality.

Totally agree. I'm sick of all this stupid shuffling moves, where the fuck was the point in playing ONE striker today at home against a team that obviously would do nothing than standing in their own half and waiting for the final whistle ? why did pennant start right away ? why the fuck is kewell even in the lineup ? benitez cries that we need goals from others than gerrard and torres and he brings on 2 guys which will hardly score one goal every 100 games in favor of a real striker or a winger like babel who at least had some goals this year. now if that isnt a consequent move ...

Liverpool have lost the plot. We're out of the Premier League obviously. The best we can hope for is 4th place, which again seems difficult due to our inconsistency. UCL is going to be very difficult against Inter. We are not going to sign Mascherano, or any other world class player, and Rafa is getting the sack soon. The only way I can see is down....

And there are clear indications that we won't. We have fucked up this season badly.

Back
Top Bottom